It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP FACT CHECK: Democrats distort coronavirus readiness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well the flu kills 60000 a year in the US and thats not a pandemic. So the number would have to be over that i guess.

actually they don't do the numbers thing for a pandemic.

here straight from the CDC, bold mine.

Outbreaks of novel virus infections among people are always of public health concern. The risk from these outbreaks depends on characteristics of the virus, including how well it spreads between people, the severity of resulting illness, and the medical or other measures available to control the impact of the virus (for example, vaccine or treatment medications). The fact that this disease has caused illness, including illness resulting in death, and sustained person-to-person spread is concerning. These factors meet two of the criteria of a pandemic. As community spread is detected in more and more countries, the world moves closer toward meeting the third criteria, worldwide spread of the new virus.

so from reading this, illness / illness resulting death, sustained person-to-person spread are 2 factors. the last is world wide spread regardless of the number infected.

then they go to say it's going to happen, which remains to be seen.

However, it’s important to note that current global circumstances suggest it is likely that this virus will cause a pandemic. In that case, the risk assessment would be different.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary

and the WHO says the same thing as far asd world wide, but theirs is a 5 stage process.

warning opens a pdf.

WHO Pandemic Phase Descriptions - World Health Organization
edit on 27-2-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
#TrumpVirus is trending on Twitter because the Twitterverse is made up of insane people who have to politicize everything. Imagine being so incensed at losing an election that you welcome economic carnage and pestilence as weapons to wield against your political opponents.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The Democrats are fear mongering the public to bring political ire against the Republicans. They have been distorting facts for four years at an accelerating rate. They complain about Trump but they are much worse than Trump ever was. They are using fear to force voters to vote Democrat, that should be illegal if there is not adequate proper evidence to substantuate the panic and civil unrest that they are creating.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Thomas Wictor/Carlos Osweda on Covid19 panic...

threadreaderapp.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

"Open the borders for everyone. If you don't, you're racist. If we get infected, that's your fault too. Since you haven't made either happen, you're an ineffective leader."

How dumb do you have to be to support this garbage?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The Democrats are fear mongering the public to bring political ire against the Republicans. They have been distorting facts for four years at an accelerating rate. They complain about Trump but they are much worse than Trump ever was. They are using fear to force voters to vote Democrat, that should be illegal if there is not adequate proper evidence to substantuate the panic and civil unrest that they are creating.

That really works? Scaring people into voting Democrat or Republican? There's a bunch of people that aren't already one or the either? Or left vs right?

I see the term swing voters during Presidential election year and always thought it was a single digit percentage. Did you mean scaring those into voting Dem?
edit on 27-2-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

originally posted by: rickymouse

That really works? Scaring people into voting Democrat or Republican? There's a bunch of people that aren't already one or the either? Or left vs right?

I see the term swing voters during Presidential election year and always thought it was a single digit percentage. Did you mean scaring those into voting Dem?

Scaring people to vote a party into power is EXACTLY what the Green New Deal is all about.
12 years left? Global Warming? Global Cooling? Climate Change?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
www.worldometers.info... no idea if this is accurate or not as had never heard of the site but it seems to break down the mortality rate

COVID-19 Fatality Rate by AGE: *Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). This probability differs depending on the age group. The percentage shown below does NOT represent in any way the share of deaths by age group. Rather, it represents, for a person in a given age group, the risk of dying if infected with COVID-19.
AGE DEATH RATE* 80+ years old14.8%
70-79 years old 8.0%
60-69 years old 3.6%
50-59 years old 1.3%
40-49 years old 0.4%
30-39 years old 0.2%
20-29 years old 0.2%
10-19 years old 0.2%
0-9 years old no fatalities
this is for healthy individuals not imuno compromised

SEX DEATH RATE * Male 2.8% Female 1.7%
by gender males get it worse apparently?

and for those with health conditions

PRE-EXISTING CONDITION DEATH RATE*
Cardiovascular disease 10.5%
Diabetes 7.3%
Chronic respiratory disease 6.3%
Hypertension 6.0%
Cancer 5.6%
no pre-existing conditions 0.9%
so seems those with heart issues face the worst complications least from this limited chart

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
#TrumpVirus is trending on Twitter because the Twitterverse is made up of insane people who have to politicize everything. Imagine being so incensed at losing an election that you welcome economic carnage and pestilence as weapons to wield against your political opponents.

Imagine being so for winning an election that you welcome any random, unfortunate event that improves the chance of the Presidential incumbent of your party.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't have to imagine it. They are practically every single one of my former colleagues and they are sick little ghouls who deserve to be repeatedly kicked in the nads until puke blood, IMO.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Wait, lol. You always thought the middle 30+ percent of actual voters were single digits? That is the funniest thing I have ever read here. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Also if Trump and Pence does even a stellar job at bringing the coronavirus under medical management. the Democrats will they give him any credit or just more of the same sh!t.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
AP FACT CHECK: Democrats distort coronavirus readiness

This is a case of saying EFF the politicos, and hack 'news' sources.

And let the professionals deal with it.

They know their snip, and don't need to be micro managed by of bunch of political hacks.

Oh and We have the CDC for occasions like pandemics, and the WHO, and others.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

What?

Are you trying to be clever here? This only goes in one direction. Try to keep up.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

First you dont go to hospital unless its severe. Most people will be sent home same as they do with the flu. They will tell you drink plenty of fluids and avoid contact with people as much as possible.

The last thing you want to do with a virus is group evferyone together soon the whole hospital will be sick. Ive seen the flu take out medical staff of a hospital. When it gets that bad hospitals will shut down everything but ER.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Its obviously skewed because chinas population is very old. I think it was 18 percent of their population is over 60. Thats a huge number when you have a billion people.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: ketsuko

I suppose we are as prepared as is possible...considering ALL our antibiotics, med supplies and antivirals are MADE IN CHINA!

That's hardly just our problem.

At least there are domestic production facilities that might be pressed into service if it came right down to it.

And that is the genius of it all. Trump ordered them into full production weeks ago. He wasn't waiting on anyone, that's what a real leader does.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: darkbake

Unfortunately, the PCR test is only about 70% accurate. So the tests we're using don't even work well. They might have tested that case and had it turn up negative.

Thank you Ketsuko! I'm glad you and I are on the same page for once. I don't really want to blame Trump, but the testing in the U.S. has been extremely inadequate. From my research, I have learned that the virus spreads asymptomatically, and the U.S. has probably let tons of people with it into the country - due to no one like this being stopped at airports, for one thing.

I do agree with Trump closing borders to China! Anyway -

So back when the government was not allowing anyone to be tested for COVID-19 unless they had been to China AND had symptoms - this testing criterion was factually flawed. It has obviously been possible to be infected with the virus without meeting the testing criteria.

I'm not sure what the testing criteria is now. I have heard that the CDC is low on test kits, too. The mathematics of the situation suggests that there is a community spread in Cali and Seattle, and I would not be surprised if there were some in Boston, Chicago, New York, and Hawaii.

I would seriously recommend some kind of widespread statistical testing of sick folks to get an idea of where the virus is in our nation right now. I am willing to wager quite a lot that it is worse than reported.
edit on 01pmSun, 01 Mar 2020 21:37:58 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 01pmSun, 01 Mar 2020 21:38:43 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 01pmSun, 01 Mar 2020 21:39:59 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: darkbake

🤣 🤣 🤣

"" The CDC did end up testing the patient on Sunday, February 23 ""

I know! This particular patient did get tested... but only after infecting two hospitals that had not taken proper precautions due to COVID-19 spreading in an airborne fashion. I am extremely glad this patient got tested, but unfortunately, he likely infected dozens of others in the meantime.
edit on 01pmSun, 01 Mar 2020 21:42:46 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 01pmSun, 01 Mar 2020 21:43:02 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I feel it's the reps distorting Corona virus.the orange idiot even called it a hoaks which it isn't.im thinking about catching it then going to a trump rally

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join