It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Turkey Drift Toward War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I would dare say this would escalate quickly too, mind you, I don't think NATO will intervene, and from the post above, I don't think their will be a civil war over it either. The reality is Eastern Europe likes the US a whole hell of alot more than it likes Western Europe. They don't trust Germany, and they Darn well don't trust France and Italy to do anything. NATO will not intervene because the reality is Eastern Europe would be bum rushed. Russia would take Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and the greater part of Poland before NATO can respond. That means NATO would be fighting on their soil. Nobody wants their cities destroyed and populations hurt. Russia would obliterate Turkey in response to this. Further, Attacking Russia would mean Russia calls on its Alliance with Central Asia, and China. China would take the South China Sea, Taiwan, and hammer American bases in South Korea, and Japan. By the time NATO mobilized, the world would be a very different place, UNLESS Nukes were used. If that happens, no doubt China and Russia would use them too. We have always had a nuclear arsenal because the reality is, a conventional war with the Warsaw Pact meant a slow war of attrition on our alliances lands. NATO will not support Turkey. If anything, They will say get out of Syria.

Camain

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
They are part of NATO....

I don't care.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
All this complaining about Turkey being part of NATO, Erdogan is a lunatic and people seem to forget that these troops who were "attacked" are actually on Syrian soil, seems more like defense to me

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
In a Greek article it says the following :

Announcement by the Russian Ministry of Defense

"Yesterday, February 27th, the terrorists of Hayat Tahrir As-Samh attacked the Syrian army in the area of ​​Bechun. The Syrians responded to the fire, succeeding Turkish soldiers who had taken up combat positions with the terrorist groups. At the same time, according to the Turkish side, no units of the Turkish army existed and should not be there.

Following reports of casualties among Turkish troops, the Russian side has taken steps to cease fire and transport wounded and dead to Turkish territory. Aviation was not used in the Bechun area. " , stresses the Russian Ministry of Defense.

Google translate Link

Peace
edit on 28-2-2020 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Turkish forces are reportedly retaliating after the attack.

Turkey has released strike footage.

Radio Free Europe News Link
edit on 28/2/2020 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Turkey have used F-16s to shoot down two Syrian Air Force Su-24 Fencers over Idlib. The Syrians have confirmed the shoot downs and that the four crew members successfully ejected.

Footage of one of the Su-24 coming down over Idlib.

Syria's SANA news agency confirmed the fighters were hit over Idlib, but said no one was hurt in the attack. The pilots used parachutes and landed safely, it added.

News Link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join