It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan to Close Schools Nationwide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I heard that a lot of countries are considering tighter border controls. Even the ones that vilify us for our southern border wall, and desire for stronger border control.

Honk. Honk.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Link

13 million children will be affected. What will there parents who work do????
35k schools
This was done because of the high number of cases they are starting to see.

The measure, which will cost the Japanese economy billions of dollars, will impact 12.8 million students at nearly 35,000 schools nationwide, according to the country’s education ministry.

The drastic measure comes amid rapidly growing concern about the spread of the virus across Japan and other parts of Asia, as the number of untraceable cases of the virus continues to rise. Japan now has around 900 cases, including more than 700 from a quarantined cruise ship. At least eight deaths have been confirmed.

“Efforts have been made to prevent the spread of infection among children in each region, and these one or two weeks will be an extremely critical period,” Abe told a meeting of key Cabinet ministers on Thursday. “The government attaches the top priority to the health and safety of children, among others.”

There are currently 1/7th of the world population in quarantine over this virus. The time is now to prepare. Not panic.

NO, SORRY BUT YOU ARE WRONG
Kids are going to school today and its Friday here in Tokyo
It was only a suggestion that the schools are to be closed

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS, SCHOOLS ARE NOT CLOSED, SHALL I TAKE A PICTURE OF THE KIDS GOING TO SCHOOL TODAY. I live right across a high school.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Would never advise you to take pictures of kids. 😂

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Maybe look at the date? According to the statement from the PM it starts March 2nd

Edit to add: yeah please do not take pictures of kids that are not your own
edit on 2/27/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: matafuchs

Three days...

That is all cities like NYC and LA can last without resupply. And that is normal operating conditions. Not panic buying ahead of a full shelter in place quarantine being declared. Smaller cities like Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta are a week to ten days. Population centers of 10,000-25,000 are two to three weeks. Little towns of less than 1000 are also two to three weeks because they have less shopping options.

A full shutdown quarantine nationwide...you have more than the virus to worry about surviving.

Exactly its, not the virus its people panicking about the virus.

Everybody needs to read this

www.businessinsider.com... u-taught-me-about-the-coronavirus-2020-2

I survived swine flu as a teenager and it taught me one crucial lesson about life during an epidemic: Don't panic
edit on 27-2-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
Yes you are right,just a small hurricane empties out the store shelf's

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Komisz

Snow in the forecast kills milk, bread and eggs around here because French Toast prevents blizzards or something.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

i look for toys right? so i went to walmart a few years back, i did not realize there was a snow storm coming. i never watch the newz, and i have a 4wheel drive.

so im in walmart at 2am, and its like fokkin christmas in there.

then i asked, and people are like, 'are you ready for the blizzard?'

and im hunting for captain america endgame figures.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Would never advise you to take pictures of kids. 😂

mistake yep

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

A lot of parents will be home anyways. Lots of business are instating work from home measures.

Ours installed VPN circuits a long time ago specifically for situations where it doesn't make sense to go into the office. They encourage people to stay home when not well or if their kids are sick, the weather is too bad, etc. and the only people there in those cases would be the ones making the product - until that's shut down if it gets to that point.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Good idea and I’m sure they want to get this under control with them hosting the Olympics. Good luck to them all.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: matafuchs
Link

13 million children will be affected. What will there parents who work do????
35k schools
This was done because of the high number of cases they are starting to see.

The measure, which will cost the Japanese economy billions of dollars, will impact 12.8 million students at nearly 35,000 schools nationwide, according to the country’s education ministry.

The drastic measure comes amid rapidly growing concern about the spread of the virus across Japan and other parts of Asia, as the number of untraceable cases of the virus continues to rise. Japan now has around 900 cases, including more than 700 from a quarantined cruise ship. At least eight deaths have been confirmed.

“Efforts have been made to prevent the spread of infection among children in each region, and these one or two weeks will be an extremely critical period,” Abe told a meeting of key Cabinet ministers on Thursday. “The government attaches the top priority to the health and safety of children, among others.”

There are currently 1/7th of the world population in quarantine over this virus. The time is now to prepare. Not panic.

NO, SORRY BUT YOU ARE WRONG
Kids are going to school today and its Friday here in Tokyo
It was only a suggestion that the schools are to be closed

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS, SCHOOLS ARE NOT CLOSED, SHALL I TAKE A PICTURE OF THE KIDS GOING TO SCHOOL TODAY. I live right across a high school.

Really?

Link

TOKYO (AP) — Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe asked all elementary, middle and high schools nationwide on Thursday to close until late March to help control the spread of the new virus in the country.

The request caught many local officials by surprise. While not legally binding, it is expected to be largely followed. It will affect 12.8 million students at about 34,800 schools nationwide, according to the education ministry.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: RazorV66

My biggest worry is commerce shutting down because of the overreaction.

This, and a lot of it.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
I heard that a lot of countries are considering tighter border controls. Even the ones that vilify us for our southern border wall, and desire for stronger border control.

Honk. Honk.

Funny too how people who said it was racist to stop people from certain countries from coming in are all of a sudden fine with stopping flights from China.

Oh, so there IS a reason for such a power.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

I know, right? Those 'coranies' make the Q folk seem calm and chill by comparison. Those guys in that 'update' thread will run your ass outta there in a heartbeat if you take an anti-zombie apocalypse view lol

Yeah, prepping is fine, and yes, some people no doubt will be impacted by this. Anything COULD happen anytime after all.

But to say there isn't a helluva lot---(I mean a LOT) of hysteria associated with this is stupid. To ground 13 million over four deaths in Japan? Come on.

Anyway, luck to us all and hoping for the best.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1
I think it’s being done due to the upcoming Olympics. Last thing they want is to have it all over the news of mass infections and deaths, Or travel bans so nobody shows up. Judges and everyone on TV wearing masks is going to be a sight to behold. Hazmat suits won’t look good either.
Even though the Olympics should get called off anyways and likely will.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

If this takes off in different countries at different times, it may get called off even if Japan gets their outbreak controlled.

Let's look at it this way - what if we were talking winter Olympics which usually takes place through February I think ... So this year you would have had China riddled with this stuff. Can you tell me that the Chinese would have done the honorable thing and pulled their contingent out citing concerns over world health? Then could you tell me the IOC would have had the spine to tell them to stay home citing concerns over world health? If they had, would the WHO have backed that?

Just let all that sink in ... so let's get back to having those games in August and think about which countries might be deep in trouble by then and the PC-ness of the situation.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
And we are out of toilet paper, .. I mean seriously!! many are blaming the Chinese..

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Do you guys have those $10,000 toilets that preclude the use of TP?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Spider879

Do you guys have those $10,000 toilets that preclude the use of TP?

Yeah those spray up yourass toilets ,yeah but not 10,000 bucks tho.
edit on 2-3-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join