It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
< waves flag of parley >

Questions posed from the thread originator ....

1.) Why do so many here feel the need to continually make topics bashing the beliefs of christians....when the topic is clearly not conspiracy related??

2.) Why do people feel the need to bust in on a topic and hijack/change it by attacking a person or their beliefs, posting the christian POV on that topic?
(look at seapeoples post history for an example)

3.) Doesnt the sheer weight of the trend in this forum show you that there is clearly some larger movement , possibly lead by a conspiracy, ...whos goal is anti-christian?

Hey Guys ...

Now I realize that this topic is emotionally charged ... but is there really a need for mud slinging and name calling ( irregardless who started it )?

There will be differences of opinion ... that is a given ... the question is can it be discussed in a civilized manner ... without the blood?

After all, we are supposed to be more "enlightened" than our ancestral precedents .... : )

LCKob

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
I personally feel any thread to do with God, is loved by anti-God folk, for the chance to spin, spread and endlessly repeat lies designed to 'shock and shame' any new seekers away from gaining further understanding, for fear of being labled with any of those countless, baseless and lying insults.

what lies?

i'm not anti god or anything, but i've brought up stuff contradicting the christian viewpoint. i always make sure i have at least a logical deduction to back up my statements.

you're the only turning people away from understanding by labeling opposing viewpoints as false, and not keeping your mind open. i view that no specific path is the only path and that certain paths are wrong, but i only say that after i look at other paths until i truely understand them, not right off the bat.

that's why a buddhist like me would go around looking at threads relating to christianity, i like to hear from christians.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I didn't judge you, I quoted you. There is a big difference.

well aren't you the 'smart' one.

I don't see where she called you these things, and yes, I have been reading.

you haven't been reading, and you didn't even read what you just quoted from me as i didn't say she 'called' me anything. she 'accused' me of something i hadn't done, which i won't stand for. maybe you won't stand for name calling, but if someone doesn't bother to read something i think that makes them blind or stupid...literally.

That's because the arguments are getting repetitious, as I said (now I am indeed being repetitious), I'm interested in progress not repeating.

yes you are getting repetitous. everyday you're on here saying there's an anti-christian conspiracy. and for what gain?

There's very interesting thread on ID going on right now, how 'bout discussing that there?

my discussion is not about ID and whether it's right. it's about christians forcing things on others, you would not like it if someone made you say your prayers to allah. just the same as a person with islamic faith would not want to pray to jesus or the christian god.

I didn't say that, I pointed out the name-calling as inappropriate...don't care who you are or what you believe, I'd feel the same way.

like i said i was just in what you say 'name-calling' i was pointing out a fact. as if you don't bother to read something and accuse a person of something they did not do, i think that makes a person literally blind so they couldn't read the screen or stupid that they couldn't be bothered to read.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LCKob
Hey Guys ...

Now I realize that this topic is emotionally charged ... but is there really a need for mud slinging and name calling ( irregardless who started it )?

No

There will be differences of opinion ... that is a given ... the question is can it be discussed in a civilized manner ... without the blood?

Yes.

After all, we are supposed to be more "enlightened" than our ancestral precedents .... : )

In some ways yes, in other ways no.

Thanks for the refocusing statement, LCKob, hopefully everyone is on the same page.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i like to hear from christians.

Then please tell me madness, what have you heard from Christians?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Funny that, isn't it.
The last time I pointed out that truely vile insulting language against Christians, God and those of other faiths, that qualified as "hate speach" in a number of countries, was going unwarned, I got in trouble and they just celebrated their 'win' with more of the same.

But of course no one at ATS would be part of the Anti-christian conspiracy, they can't watch all the threads all the time, not when the 'good name' of non-Christians has to be protected first.

and again you haven't even got what you did in the first place to spark off this. you accused me of saying you were 'just like all those other rotten christians' or something along those lines...maybe ill put it here again for you to READ!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH THATS READ!!! CAN YOU DO IT THIS TIME???!!!

THE IMPORTANT BIT IS IN BOLD...MAYBE YOU COULD ''READ'' IT THIS TIME!

[shaunybaby]
well i don't condone those people doing that. however, i heard of one example where a christian took the bible literally, and therefore he said in court he was just in murdering a doctor, who worked at an abortion clinic who had a wife and children. the christian guy just walked right up to him and shot him. there are people of the christian faith who defend this murderer and say he was within all his rights according to the bible. i'm sure you don't condone this behaviour, therefore you are very much not like that christian. the same as i am not like those 'anti-god mod' you so lovingly named on this forum.

and then you said...

Shauny, you are so doing what I pointed out; 'some guy shot someone and he says he's a Christian, so you are all as rotten as him and the God he says he believes in!'

Give us a break!

so all i want to know is why you suddenly 'attacked' me like that and accused me of something i hadn't even done. this time quit skipping over it, and answer for once, this would be the 2nd time i've had to quote what you said, and you still can't admit you were wrong.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
it could be interpreted that the dust was already there, god is an ET and came to earth and created humans out of the materials already here.

Your use of the word interpreted leads me to believe you can get this from the Bible...Am I wrong in assuming that's what you meant? If I'm not, please, tell us the verses that says Day 1 never happened and that God was an alien.

I believe it to be fact, too, not opinion. Does that anger you? Do you believe 2+2=4 to be fact? I could propose that your belief in that is opinion. I could use some other mathematical system (inaccurate though it may be) to "prove" to you that your belief that 2+2=4 is only opinion, not fact. Despite that, I know I state 2+2=4 as fact. What about you?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Shaunybaby, In case you didn't notice, I didn't quote you but simply pointed out the "Christians kill abortionists" complaint that so many use against Christianity, being raised, yet again.

As Saint4God mentioned, constantly re-answering complaints (they are so rarely questions) against God, isn't even the topic of this thread, but discussing the conspiracy against Christianity.

My post refered to the fact that all these complaints being repeated, despite how often they have been answered, is part of the conspiracy.

Your complaint that we are discussing the conspiracy against Christianity, on a thread of that topic, makes me wonder why you post on it, if it isn't to spread more dis-info.

Just go back and re-read the thread for your answers, as I'm sure most of them are already there to be found.

Back to the topic, can anyone name media created, 'Christian' charactors, who aren't held up to ridicule more than respect?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

well aren't you the 'smart' one.

Nope. Besides, brains never got nobody into heaven.

you haven't been reading,

Then how am I responding to you? Don't make no sense do it? Just like your statement to her saying are you blind or plain stupid. Obviously she's not blind because she's replying (barring special equipment to be able to do so) so the inference is that she's stupid. So what if she were blind and using special equipment? Then what, a person's intelligence is measured by their ability to see? That's pretty narrow sir, and discriminatory.

and you didn't even read what you just quoted from me

as i didn't say she 'called' me anything.

There's a distinction between your two responses, that's what I'm trying to point out.

she 'accused' me of something i hadn't done, which i won't stand for. maybe you won't stand for name calling, but if someone doesn't bother to read something i think that makes them blind or stupid...literally.

(this conversation isn't even appropriate for words anymore)

yes you are getting repetitous. everyday you're on here saying there's an anti-christian conspiracy. and for what gain?

Awareness, truth, denying ignorance...or did I read the point of ATS wrong?

my discussion is not about ID and whether it's right. it's about christians forcing things on others,

Hey! You're back on topic, I'm awake again.

you would not like it if someone made you say your prayers to allah. just the same as a person with islamic faith would not want to pray to jesus or the christian god.

Silent prayer in school was not conducted nor told to do so to any diety. In fact, I was not Christian so I did not pray nor was forced to pray. Nor did I or was I forced to say "under God" in the pledge of allegiance. This may be unpopular here, but I don't pledge my allegiance to a country. I'm grateful for all it has done for me, but if it turns to a wrong path, I'm not going to follow.

like i said i was just in what you say 'name-calling' i was pointing out a fact.

It is a fact that suzy is blind or plain stupid? Suzy, are you either of these things?

as if you don't bother to read something and accuse a person of something they did not do,

I quoted you, I did not make an accusation of any sort.

i think that makes a person literally blind so they couldn't read the screen or stupid that they couldn't be bothered to read.

ad hominem

[edit on 18-1-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So Shaunybaby, you've gone from calling me stupid to declaring it as "fact". Just because you couldn't tell the difference between me posting 'a' quote and quoting 'you'.

As I've said so many times, repeating old, delt with complaints, that can't be charged against those who follow Christ's commandments, is part of the conspiracy. I was merely asking for a 'break' from that tactic.

Kindly not lumping me with 'abortionist killers' was good of you though it still attacks the Christian faith to preface it with an example "killing justified by Christians" so as one, I can't get gushy about that sort of 'backhanded compliment'.

Saint4God, sad to say age is weakening my eye sight, but I'm far from blind and see better than many. Stupid? Well I'm not affraid to admit I'm a fool in Christ, who can't begin to imagine all He has waiting on offer for us, but as far as brain function goes, I have more than a few times been tested, and found well above average intelligence.

As to being open minded, if I wasn't I may have remained the Catholic I was raised to be, but instead I searched for explainations and answers, down many dangerous roads, and found that I was, what can be described as, Christian, when the Biblical description of one is applied.

If I hadn't have found the ugly, dangerous 'ends' consealed in the core of other beliefs, through experience, I too may still be asking the questions others don't acknowledge let alone accept, as being reasonably answered.

P.S. Describing the traditions, doctrines and wrongs of man, as being Christian, despite having them constantly pointed out as not representing Christianity, is knowingly lying.

Most of the complaints against Christianity on this thread are clearly complaints against mankind, yet humanist type mindset people can't face that fact, so have to blame God through Christianity.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by suzy ryan]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So Shaunybaby, you've gone from calling me stupid to declaring it as "fact". Just because you couldn't tell the difference between me posting 'a' quote and quoting 'you'.

well you still didn't even get my point what i was saying. my point was that you do get christians that use the law of the bible and say it's o.k to kill people, and there are people who support this. then i was saying you are not like that, and neither is saintforgod. in the same way there are anti-christians who seem to want to fuel the argument, i want to try and get some reason and reality in to it.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Let's do some chillins folks.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Let's do some chillins folks.

now there's some reason and reality...

my question to the christians posting on this forum is: 'what are you trying to achieve?'

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Shauny, you are so doing what I pointed out; 'some guy shot someone and he says he's a Christian, so you are all as rotten as him and the God he says he believes in!'

Give us a break!

You missed (deliberately?) the point of God creating Adam in that he didn't just mold clay, but created, breathed in, life, that hadn't 'till then existed, but go on and tell us all what man has made without first destroying.

Go ahead, call me,"most ignorant" and hope that will stop others concidering views I expressed, rather than addressing them yourself.

Oh God, save us from the selective quoting of those who fight you.

how can it that we can take cell material just like your god did from adam rib and use it to create eva , only takes genemodification to alter genes and gender will changes to after altering it. then use a cloning and stemcell technology and we would have done the same if you read the bible it speaks of cloning , spaceships , medical technologies which are currently sometimes even for us a bit far away. holographic projection and as a scientist said they can currently create a beam in to our skie and create an image of somebody or thing and that even with sound . its being investigate by dod for use against insursiants to say to them let down your weapons ect. (use google to confirm)
the burning bush was a mear holographic projection. we are being told that the stories of the bible are not to be taken this way and that it is only to be seen as explaination and not as factional happening like I see it.
but well if you want to life a lfe full lies of the leaders of religion whom wants you to be following them and wont let you see that the bible is proof of advanced technology and proof of aliens ect wel go ahead but I won't and I will laugh realy hard at the people whom wants me to believe in false gods which are only space aliens ect.
the time is coming soon that we will find out for ourselfs that there has been lies told to us when the aliens arrive and bring with them the proof and if the pope goes to them with the bible and trying to confert them they will let them know that the bible was about them and that they left because of the creation of religion and people seeing them as gods and proving to them that we werent ready then.
I don't have to explain myself about my ideas because they will explain them selfs when ETEs come in the coming 20 years. that event will change all views on religion will hopefully bring them down. so people are not forced in poverty so they have more followers . keeping people poor , ignorant , dumb and create poverty and other ill things will lead to greater numbers in followers because they create it and then are saying they are the sollution. they are wrong and I am christian education but I see what they doing and i don;t like it at all . kim jong il n.korea is doing it to his country is poor and people are living in fear ect and they are held a false idea for them that they are the welthiest country and they are joyfull ect but they are controlled and are poor and let ignorance .

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i absolutly love sarcasm.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by shaunybaby]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

well you still didn't even get my point what i was saying. my point was that you do get christians that use the law of the bible and say it's o.k to kill people, and there are people who support this. then i was saying you are not like that, and neither is saintforgod. in the same way there are anti-christians who seem to want to fuel the argument, i want to try and get some reason and reality in to it.

Great, now if we can agree that though 'bad' or false Christians can hurt Christianity as much as 'bad' masons can hurt masonry, and so stop applying those misdeeds to the whole, as is currently done by the majority, you may better see that there are those who simply will not stop attacking the Christian faith.

Practicing (we know we aren't perfect, that's why we practice) Christians see and experience enough of those who won't cease the attacks, working in such concert as to be able to call it a conspiracy.

We have tried to share these obsevations with folk at ATS yet still the thread gets hijacked to become a, 'Christians are stupid because there is no God' assult. Which we then point out is part of the conspiracy and then get told off for restating the topic of the thread, as well as getting a few more complaints against Christianity.

Shaunybaby, I am sorry if you felt I was disrespecting your questions, I hope you can now see where my focus was. It was just very narrow, trying to avoid the endless, 'explain this about God' questions, which isn't easy when you love God and keep reading so much 'dislike' for Him. I admit my responses could have been fuller and clearer.

I agree with you that so much dislike for Christianity has blossomed due to the rabid, 'we have the right to take over the world' crowd claiming to be Christians, Americans are having to deal with today. I actually see many of them as actively working to mislead seeking Christians because they are actually working for the 'other side'.

Interestingly though, even in places like Australia, a very secular nation known for 'staying out of other folks business', people are making the same claims against Christianity as in the States even though your laws and political system means they don't apply here. Ahh, I may be drifting into the conspiracy that the whole world is being turned into America so I'll end here and just hope some will understand that those who try very hard to live right, do justice and love God, are being discriminated against in countless big and little ways and we feel a, 'heads up' is worthwhile because if "they" can do it to us "they" can do it to you.

P.S. I am a mortal, lowly human being and so my temper will at times fail to be tempered and my grace, lacking. All I ask is that you, please, don't judge the God I love by my many shortcomings.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

don't judge the God I love by my many shortcomings.

oh no no no... oh man, don't take it like that. We judge him for his own shortcoming's, not your's.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You are not a 'lowly' human being. You are a miracle, an incredibly powerful, unique individual. You are the equal of all humans, and though I often find myself thinking humans are lowly, usually when I see any news stories. But, we are not lowly, we are great, and have unlimited potential for doing good......and freewill being what it is, we're just as capable of evil.
I am not a Christian, though I am pretty well-informed on the faith, having read three bibles, and spending 3 years in a Christian school. My family are all fundamentalist atheists. They dismiss faith as a sign of a weak mind, and consider all religious folks to be fools. I am the lone believer in the group, though I hesitate to try to label my belief. It is my own. The view I have of others' faiths is one of acceptance, and validation. If it is true for you, I accept that as being as valid as my own faith. So I don't look down my nose at Christians, or any religious folks. Who am I to say that their reality is the same as mine, and that if they have a different faith, that mine is right and theirs is wrong? I can't accept that. I respect the faiths of others, and I accept them as equals. And as an aside, usually I am told that that is not the way it is and I am wrong, which I don't mind a bit, it proves my point.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Blackguard, this is what keeps so many forums alive, clarifying omited details.

I marvel at the miracle people are, but am more in awe of what God has planned for us after His return.

Reguardless of our current qualities, our state is 'lowly' compared to what God, who we dare to speak for, is and so our views of Him will, by our mortal nature, miss the mark.

Thanks for your post, it was delightfully refreshing.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I do agree that humankind is certainly profoundly imperfect, we have no shortage of faults.
And your reply reminded me of an answer Thomas Edison gave reporters when they asked for his views on how amazing the modern technology of the day was. He said, "I'll be impressed when we can make a blade of grass." I took that as a tip of the hat to a far superior inventor.

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join