It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
so incurring genocide was speaking to the level of humanity...

don't buy that, it's just a way for people to dodge the question of whether or not god is violent.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
'quote: Originally posted by Produkt
With all his mighty power to create and murdur people, he can't just pop in and say hey guy's clean up your act?'

How would that be received? It isn't likely that we'd just trust him. Instead, the more likely thing would be to demand a lengthy lab examination by scientists from all over, that was recorded and broadcast live, including lots of inquisitive personal requests for proof. That wouldn't be enough for us though, and a series of interviews by media stars like Oprah, Leno, Letterman, Springer, etc. would follow.
Even then, many people would be skeptical, anyway.

I'm afraid you may be right.

Plus, the point of this whole exercise in creating the universe would become meaningless.

Ya.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

don't buy that, it's just a way for people to dodge the question of whether or not god is violent.

God did exercise wrath, mass destruction on HIS creation BECAUSE of what we did to Him. Any of this getting through? *taps the microphone* Hello?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I don't think we can actually do anything directly to him. All man has done is not believe. Instead of him comming down and PROVING he existed he decided to destroy ppl.

If God came down to earth right now, hell even on national tv and actually created something in front of ppl, created a whole new form of life out of nothing. I don't think anyone would doubt him.

Honestly though, why does he NEED us to believe in him? Why should what we believe determine our fate? Why should I goto hell just because I think it's a load of crock? I lead a good life. Haven't commited any crimes n such. So why should I goto hell?

Alot of the miracles in the bible were pretty damn neat, how come we don't see that kinda stuff today? What was it... fatima or something, the sun did some pretty funky stuff, he could do something like that again. I've even tried the whole praying and asking for a sign... nothing. Not one thing.

Can you say brainwashing cult?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
Honestly though, why does he NEED us to believe in him? Why should what we believe determine our fate? Why should I goto hell just because I think it's a load of crock? I lead a good life. Haven't commited any crimes n such.
Alot of the miracles in the bible were pretty damn neat, how come we don't see that kinda stuff todayI've even tried the whole praying and asking for a sign... nothing.

I see that stuff quite regularly. As for praying and not getting any signs, I have been calling the devil out, challenging, baiting, taunting, and insulting him in attempts to get him to show up, for over 20 years, with no results. I don't believe in hell, but if it's real, we'll have lots of cool company there, like Buddha, Gandhi, the Dalai Lama, etc.
If God needs us to believe in him, that is a sign of insecurity to me. Anyone who doesn't is no less righteous for it than those who do. Being good is what counts, I feel

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Exactly what I been thinking! There's no reason he should NEED us to worship or believe in him as long as we live good decent live's. The fact that he would punish us for failure to worship him show's how he's insecure. Prove's he's not all loving/all forgiving.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

God did exercise wrath, mass destruction on HIS creation BECAUSE of what we did to Him. Any of this getting through? *taps the microphone* Hello?

WHAT did we do to HIM?

and isn't WRATH one of the big 7?

and do you honestly believe that great people like gandhi, buddha, einstein etc aren't going to heaven because they weren't christian?

that would be a waste...

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
God is holy and just and WILL punish sin.

atheist use fallacy to support thier claims.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't get it... we ask a question and you guy's don't answer?

If god is all loving and all forgiving then why does he kill and punish? If he's all powerfull, then why doesn't he show himself? Why does he tell man not to kill, then contradicts his own law to man and ask's them to do something he's had no problem doing himself before?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenopathic_Investigator

atheist use fallacy to support thier claims.

WHAT fallacy? where? i want to see where atheists use fallacy. also, don't accuse me of being an atheist because i'm not a christian, i happen to be a buddhist.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You don't get it do you.

God is not man. His ways and thoughts are not ours.

The Holy Spirit helps us understand Him better, but it still isn't to the level we will after resurrection.

It's like some people are old b/w t.v.'s and others are top of the range new flat screems, but reguardless of which, only those 'plugged in' will get the picture.

Part of that picture is understanding that mortal life always includes death and all our other human and planetry failings, so we will never 'fix' worldly problems untill we're all 'plugged in' to the full supply from the source.

Past and future deaths and sufferings WILL be redressed at and after resurrection.
This is why I use the surgery example. A little cutting, pain and discomfort/suffering, for a better future life, is seen as a wonder by man yet when God says ALL the bad will cut out and forgotten and only perfection for ever, we, or rather you guys, say, "not good enough!".

Constantly complaining that God doesn't do things the way we, mortal, falible, limited, dying from birth, mankind would do things (history should prove we are incapable of creating paradise) is as silly as a two year old complaining his dad won't let him stick a knife in the toaster to get 'that' toast 'now'.

We should practice living as just and well as we can in this mortal life because we are resurrected as 'who we are', and our worldly charactor, if too attached to a, "I am my own god." or such related personality, may actually refuse the Holy Spirt and suffer the second, permanent death.

He gave us 'free will' and we 'elected' satan to run the show for a while, after continually disobeying His advice in the early days. By His second coming mankind will know the bad end of all of satan's ways.

Accepting The Holy Spirit to 'whelm' (bapitze) us when we apologize (repent), will be a fully informed choise at resurrection for all those who died never having heard of God, so please drop that silly idea that God made most of the worlds people to die. He returns and sets up the world under His rule. In the mean time the dead SLEEP and don't float around in 'heaven' watching their loved ones mourn and suffer.

This wouldn't have been the case if man didn't, "yes, but", God every other time He said, "see how horrid things are under satan's rule, now don't go that way anymore". No we just had to argue with God on every little point untill He gave us the ruler we begged for. Like Bush, everyone has to wait 'till he's filled his term.

So you folk can and will argue every little point (on a mortal, worldly level) but each of those arguments are answered in The Bible if you care to understand and not just, "sell your pique" with Someone too great to fully understand, yet, BECAUSE you don't understand.

I know that whatever I'm wrong about now, God will clarify when He returns but in the mean time I will constantly search, study and practice God's good advice on all things.

Not blaming Him for what we've done to ourselves, or bickering over the things we're yet to understand, is the first bit of advice (commandment) that leads to getting His help to follow all the rest.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You will be reincarnated as a maggot for your judgmentalism.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Well aren't we lucky we have resurrection to look forward to instead of perpetual re-incarnation to more worry, pain and death.

Sin is breaking God's laws.

Just like our laws, there are degrees of severity and punishment.

Most of what people fear 'going to hell' for, we pay the penalty for here and now, like poverty for laziness, and likewise those who suffer due to the actions of others during this life, have it redressed at resurrection.

The greatness of God is also in His Mercy for all those deceived and mislead in this life, who will meet Him and be forgiven those rotten things they thought and did, when they finally understand and are over(whelm)ed with remorse.

So it is important not to get too attached to personal pride and self worship, lest we can't give it up on meeting Him.

God is allowing us to build charactor. That takes work and effort. The more work and greater the effort, the more solid, strong and polished the charactor.

We see nothing wrong in taking a 4 y.o. child and torturing their young body for 10 years in the tiny hope that they may be one of thousands to 'win a medal', even when all that training leaves them crippled for the last 50-60 years of their lives.

50-90 years of 'training' in these mortal bodies, for never ending, perfect, love, peace and joy is a so much more kind and just system than what we do to our children but still some just have to 'judge' God.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Text Black Hi, uh...totaly new at this but here goes,

The Media tends not to show alot of good on what the christian community does. The fact is christians out number alot of other belifes in America. Though the end times are comming and like the Bible says people will start going down that broad path to hell. Those will be filled with evil. The evil will leave a hole. They see christians as hole and are jealus and hateful for it. They will be suspisius becuase they see us happy and wonder why were not misirable like them. Then Assumptions start. THe rumers spread, and acusations fly. Its in revelations.....there....Did I do ok for my first time? any questions?

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Ark_Paladin]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
because I believe gods were aliens and religion was introduced to control us our population halter our progress so we not become a threath for these aliens. maybe they knew the future and they didn;t like us beating them maybe stargate sg1 serie is much more to the truth then we will see or like to .

all gods are false gods and some of them are pure evil alien civilisation/lifeforms.

I hope life in the universe will be found soon and all religion not based on alien life and are willing to see that the bible speaks of aliens will fall down and lose the current position of might over us.

the major religions are miss using there power to puss for there on agenda.

that is why we are not allowed to clone body parts for people whom lost a arm or leg . why we may not use stem cell rechearch.

religion is haltering our progress and will lead to global war and terrorisme

there will be a major war between christians and muslims and we are denying it.

we have to stop there control over us.

religion is creating poverty to get more people following them
that is why the middle east is so relatively poor because the more people suffer the more there will be followers they can try to get to follow them

there is allmost no technology in the middle east because technology , like tv / radio/ internet(controlled by religion leader in iran /syria) will lead to people know the truth that there is more to the world and that countries which allmost are full of humanist and atheist are doing much better , example Europe , and that is also the reason for N.korea to let the people ignorance and dumb so they have more followers. (okay they are communists but it might be a form of religion to.)

We are being controlled the USA is relatively very christian and as i Believe the current establishment (bush ect) is very christian and they are now more trying to control people than ever.

so religion is a way to control us.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ark_Paladin
Text Black Hi, uh...totaly new at this but here goes,

The Media tends not to show alot of good on what the christian community does. The fact is christians out number alot of other belifes in America. Though the end times are comming and like the Bible says people will start going down that broad path to hell. Those will be filled with evil. The evil will leave a hole. They see christians as hole and are jealus and hateful for it. They will be suspisius becuase they see us happy and wonder why were not misirable like them. Then Assumptions start. THe rumers spread, and acusations fly. Its in revelations.....there....Did I do ok for my first time? any questions?

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Ark_Paladin]

I am very happy the way I am and not jalous at all I only don;t like to be controlled by the leaders of religion. whom created a believe in something which were only visitors from space (elohim = those whom came from the skies.)

they used it to control us. and I don;t like to be controlled.
god would help mankind well were is he now many people are suffering.?
and through suffering religion gets followers.

but there is no selvation in religion people are happy yes but false because they believe they will go to heaven because god is there but the only way to get to god which came from space is by going to space because the false gods are there.

so like to know why religion is more under the poor and less under the well educated and richer people.
and why religion is using suffering ect to get followers and is going to poor countrys to gain followers not leading to peace but war between christians in africa and the muslims?

why are religion fighting against eachother eventhough they are coming from one religion book and stories are only written down differently .

its only written down by somebody else whom has different views on the stories told through the ages.

it is religion which would lead us to our fall and only the non believers will save us the anti christ somebody calls them wil save us.

I don;t believe in gods (satan is also a god)
the believers in god say satan is evil
believers of satan are saying god is evil.

they are all alien lifeforms.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Why can't the god's have been ancient men. People just like you and me. There are a ton of example's of regular plain old people being immortalized as god's. The dragon come's to mind. The dragon has been worshiped for centuries. The dragon used to be a succesfull emporer, he would conquer people and add their emblem's to his own. Eventually people started drawing him as a dragon, spreading rumor's about his birth. The earliest example of a dragon I could find was a pig's head on a snake's body. There a thread about the illuminati and reptillians in the nwo forum where I tried pointing this out to the people who think reptilians are real.

Point is, almost every ancient god you can trace back to a regular old plain human being. The biblical god is no different. Many of the stories are all stolen from much much much older myths. Epics of gilgamesh, being much older then the bible talk's of the flood etc. Some of the biblical holidays I've seen were shown to be from pagan holidays. The bible is nothing more then a plagerized ridden book, written by men to control men.

The god's *could* be alien's, altho I'm unsure about that. There's plenty of culture's that talk about physical being's they called god's actually comming down and physically walking amongst men. There's wierd bit's and peices of pre biblical history that seem out of place. But then there's also myth's of the human race being much greater then it was also. Such as the veda's, atlantis, etc.

I don't believe in god. Not the supernatural god. He's a myth. Written by men. There's hardly any proof in historical records that jesus existed. The plauges brought upon the egyptians aren't even recorded by the egyptians. I haven't heard of it nor seen it atleast, so if I'm wrong there post a link from an archeologist journal discussing it. There's quiet a few thing's in the bible, told in the bible, and only in the bible. How can it have that much of a religous impact in history, and yet only be recorded in the bible?

I also notice, when asking question's about religion, the usual preferred answer is you can't understand god. I mean ok... God says thou shalt not kill. He's had no problem killing off almost the entire human species and yet he contradicts his own commandment to man and tells men to kill in his name. To kill women and children. Yet we're not to be able to understand this? Does religion really think people are too ignorant and stupid to understand something so contradictive? I think it's just an excuse to hide the truth. They get so brainwashed into believing this statement, that rather then questioning to idiocy of his word, they just preach their excuse's as they're taught to do at an early age.

Seeing as how monotheism, the belief in one god started with just... one religion, one god. How is it that the one true religion of god has splintered off into so many different groups. You've got one group who doesn't believe in christ, another who does, and yet another who believe's in something altogether different. Why is this? Why is it that they all claim the same thing, the one god, one truth and yet none can agree on it? How are people supposed to accept this when the one religion that started all this has had it's story changed so many time's in history and splintered into so many different belief's? You can't have your cake and eat it to. There's either one true religion of god or there isn't a god at all. The simple fact alone that the supposed god would kill other's for not believing and yet allowing his word be changed and then saying if this were to happen he'd plauge those who did just show's he's a fabel. Figment of the human immagination. It's to contradictive to be real.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

WHAT did we do to HIM?

Now there's a great question! We chose to love ourselves over Him.
That's not the only mistake we made, but I think it's the biggest.

and isn't WRATH one of the big 7?

7 what?

and do you honestly believe that great people like gandhi, buddha, einstein etc aren't going to heaven because they weren't christian?

that would be a waste...

Are you saying they're greater minds than God?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I don't get it... we ask a question and you guy's don't answer?

I'm answering. Maybe check your hearing?

If god is all loving and all forgiving then why does he kill and punish?

As repeated, he his holy and righteous and punishes sin. We cannot expect to get away with our wrongs. If I gave you a bottle of spring water and said it's 90% pure but the other 10% is sewer water, would you drink it?

If he's all powerfull, then why doesn't he show himself?

That's not the relationship He wants. He doesn't want a bunch of droids running through a program. He wants us to come to Him out of a heart of love, seek and find.

Why does he tell man not to kill, then contradicts his own law to man and ask's them to do something he's had no problem doing himself before?

He is God, erego He makes the rules. He has the capability to create and destroy, the beginning and the end. We are overall irresponsible and poor hearted and don't know how to do what is proper justice.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

It's not judgemental, it's what God said. "Yet he does not leave the guilty go unpunished". Read the whole book of Revelation for support. It's in the gospels and epistles as well. I don't know why I should be responsible for doing other people's homework. Got an issue with God's judgmentalism? Take it up with Him but don't claim this statement comes from us.

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join