It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
He decided to stop being mean.
Or else he's cooking up something so painful, so bloody mean, so amusingly ironic, that even I dare not describe it. We'll all not going to die of fire, brimstone and gnashing of teeth. It's gonna hurt though. I have a bad feeling that God is cooking up something really mean. So he waits...biding his time because those dasterdly Romans killed his son, and now it's payback. But I doubt it'll happen in this century. The apocolypse is a cliche. The only apocolypse that exists are the personal ones.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thanks Jake. It seems you can read and have no need to twist and plant words and meanings in The Bible and others mouths like some who claim not be spreading hate yet have no problem calling those who's posts they've twisted, A LIER.

Spamandham; Nowhere did I call YOU a Christian but your claim to being knowledgable about The Bible, yet persisting in posting any false doctrine with a "Christian" lable and YOUR TWIST on what it teaches, STRONGLY indicates you are part of the conspiracy to turn anyone searching, away from The Bible as worthy of study.

You have publicly called me a lier based solely on your choise to delibrately(?) missread my post and you make it perfectly clear how OFFENSIVE you find it to possibly be confussed as a Christian but you don't have an agenda do you.

I'm must just be too thick to recognize your attempt at balanced and respectfull debate and should beg your forgiveness for posting my observations and opinions, as they are no more than an insult to all like you who KNOW, and demand all others accept, that Faith in the Christianity taught in The Bible is just plain stupid...... Sorry but I can see the truth of the picture you're painting with all your ugly, dark colours and I'm not buying it.

Call me all the lieing, insulting names you like, you just add to my understanding of why my faith stands.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
Not to mention, I have to laugh everytime I see a "Jesus fish" since I know it's actual origin (hint, it precedes Christianity and is related to the number of fish caught in John 21:11).

Hahaha, thats very funny, I never knew that. I wonder what many Christians would say if you told them its true origin.

Do you know why the church would want to take over a symbol with such a strong sexual meaning?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Just to clarify; The Lie, that those educated, intelligent well studied opposers to the Christian Faith repeatedly tell, that is telling of their comfort with deceit, is that Christians are blindly lead, indoctrinated, uneducated, lacking common sence and every other form of stateing that those of Faith, or who search and study The Bible, are stupid.

Even when the intellect, study and life experience of many lead to Christianity late in life, is pointed out, the "Anti- Christians" declare that's a claim against the intelligence of the faithless. This is just a repeat of the brainwashing mantra, "Christians stupid, Anti Christians smart" and understanding how people loath to be concidered stupid it can only be seen as a "recruitment" tactic away from Biblical Christianity.

When two or more people join in declaring, promoting and repeating what they know to be a lie, it is a conspiracy. Or do you want us to believe that ALL Christians are blindly lead and stupid?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
When two or more people join in declaring, promoting and repeating what they know to be a lie, it is a conspiracy. Or do you want us to believe that ALL Christians are blindly lead and stupid?

Stereotyping is not a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
That's it A.W. Pare away all the subject, issue and detail and you are left with a one line stick to keep beating Christians with. Credit to you though, at least you didn't add barbs and spikes for the bloodier effect so many prefer.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charlie Murphy
Do you know why the church would want to take over a symbol with such a strong sexual meaning?

Um, what?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Um, what?

external image

The pre-Christian history of the fish symbol:
The fish symbol has been used for millennia worldwide as a religious symbol associated with the Pagan Great Mother Goddess. It is the outline of her vulva. The fish symbol was often drawn by overlapping two very thin crescent moons. One represented the crescent shortly before the new moon; the other shortly after, when the moon is just visible. The Moon is the heavenly body that has long been associated with the Goddess, just as the sun is a symbol of the God.

In Greece the Greek word "delphos" meant both fish and womb. The word is derived from the location of the ancient Oracle at Delphi who worshipped the original fish goddess, Themis. The later fish Goddess, Aphrodite Salacia, was worshipped by her followers on her sacred day, Friday. They ate fish and engaging in orgies. From her name comes the English word "salacious" which means lustful or obscene. Also from her name comes the name of our fourth month, April. In later centuries, the Christian church adsorbed this tradition by requiring the faithful to eat fish on Friday - a tradition that was only recently abandoned.

More on: www.religioustolerance.org...

A simple google search would have told you that.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Charlie Murphy]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
that again.

I've read the unsubstantiated claim before. I think this kind of propaganda is a part of the Anti-Christian conspiracy, so glad you brought it up. Funny how everything was Celtic first.
How silly of me.

Look out Lucky Charms cereal! Do you know what you're eating?

[edit on 25-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

that again.

Your welcome to say nothing at all, my post actually wasn't directed at you.

I've read the unsubstantiated claim before. I think this kind of propaganda is a part of the Anti-Christian conspiracy, so glad you brought it up.

Actually I think this points towards the Christian conspiracy(remeber that?). The need to take over this symbol, and conceal its true origin is just a small part of it.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Actually I think this points towards the Christian conspiracy(remeber that?).

Which may have been helpful on the bigillion Christian conspiracy threads. But we're talking about the Anti-Christian conspiracy here, no? At least, that's what the title at the top of my screen says.

The need to take over this symbol, and conceal its true origin is just a small part of it.

Christianity has no need to capture symbols from anywhere else. All a Christian symbol is good for is advertising. Christians don't need symbols nor do they hold any inherent "powers" in Christianity. I cannot say the same for the friends I have that are goddess worshipers. The other "theory" is that it is Pisces, but if you look at the Piscies symbol and origin, it should be immediately clear they're not the same. Propagandists should get together to at least come up with a consistent or cohesive line of thinking before claiming that the fish is not Christian in origin. Rather than "theories", can we stick to the facts?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Christianity has no need to capture symbols from anywhere else. All a Christian symbol is good for is advertising. Christians don't need symbols nor do they hold any inherent "powers" in Christianity.

Do I understand you correctly that no symbols are 'borrowed' by Christianity from other traditions? Are you saying that the cross is not a powerful Christian symbol? Is it not true that the cross was a symbol of meaning to cultures previous to 60AD as well?

It is also a fact that many cathederals and churches were built on existing pagan sites in old Europe. This practice, in a way, did the same thing as 'borrowing' symbols...it eradicated sacred places for 'earth-based' religions, supplanting their locations by a Christian altars and surrounding edifices.

btw...if you really think that symbols are unimportant, then I would suggest you read Carl Jung's involvement in this book; Man and his Symbols (ISBN:0-440-35183-5), reprinted 17 times between Sept 1968 and July 1978 (which copy I have). It's a very slim little paperback and available at lots of used book stores. My tattered copy, often read and annotated, is a prized addition of my library. In it you will find the reason why symbols are important...that they can carry an unsullied message through the millenia.

The conspiracy here is one of conquest, replacement of symbols and belief and the ongoing denial that it happened at all.

$001.87 input.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Do I understand you correctly that no symbols are 'borrowed' by Christianity from other traditions?

The 1st century church wasn't in the practice of taking symbols. It wasn't until the spread of Catholicism (St. Patrick, St. Valentine, etc.) throughout Europe that there was an integration of the two, to better relate to the people of the lands how to apply their thinking to Christianity. Though there's something to be said for the success of that spread, I don't agree with the practice. In the gospels and epistles is heavy emphasis on why the two should be separate. Rather than Bible quoting to those who don't want to hear it, I'll just encourage those who do believe to read their Book if there's any doubt.

Are you saying that the cross is not a powerful Christian symbol?

The object itself contains no power. What it represents is the power Christ had in paying the price of our sins, redeeming those who believe, and holding a place for those saints in heaven. The cross I wear is not charmed, imbued, infused, invoked (any of these terms sounding familiar?) with anything. It's a piece of metal. It holds no special properties. If everyone were Christian, there'd be no reason for me to wear a cross. What Christ did had more power than all of mankind's collective efforts to "earn" heaven.

Is it not true that the cross was a symbol of meaning to cultures previous to 60AD as well?

It meant something (though not religious) for the Romans pre-A.D.
but it didn't mean the same thing
after. Savvy?

It is also a fact that many cathederals and churches were built on existing pagan sites in old Europe. This practice, in a way, did the same thing as 'borrowing' symbols...it eradicated sacred places for 'earth-based' religions, supplanting their locations by a Christian altars and surrounding edifices.

I'm not denying that a sect of Christianity was conquering to integrate other religion sites and symbols. I disagree with that practice per above. It led some people to being confused about origins as apparent on this thread.

btw...if you really think that symbols are unimportant, then I would suggest you read Carl Jung's involvement in this book; Man and his Symbols (ISBN:0-440-35183-5), reprinted 17 times between Sept 1968 and July 1978 (which copy I have). It's a very slim little paperback and available at lots of used book stores. My tattered copy, often read and annotated, is a prized addition of my library. In it you will find the reason why symbols are important...that they can carry an unsullied message through the millenia.

I'm not saying symbols are unimportant, but to a Christian, Christian symbols don't hold power within themselves. By contrast, there are other beliefs that hold otherwise.

The conspiracy here is one of conquest, replacement of symbols and belief and the ongoing denial that it happened at all.

More spin? The topic is "The Anti-Christian conspiracy". All y'all are doing is perpetuating the evidence of one existing.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It meant something (though not religious) for the Romans pre-A.D.
but it didn't mean the same thing
after. Savvy?

Yes, I savvy that extremely well and it is the true definition of how Christians perceive it as being the symbol of the sacrifice which Jesus suffered. It holds a message for Christians. That is its power.

The symbol of the cross, however, has the power to remind a Vietnamese peasant of how life and death are reconciled, or to remind a Hopi of their Migration Journeys. It can have the Mandala as its base or the Greek stake and crossbeam...these are all variations carrying different ideas over the centuries. The Celtic cross, when compared to the Maltese cross, has difference. There are, literally, thousands of variations of meaning involved in this symbol, recognizably instantly from each other (once you know their message). That effect, of knowing meaning by recognition, is as powerful as our ability to recognize a face we have not seen in 50 years and suddenly understanding the person behind the face as well, remembering a flood of details from a distant past.

For me, the theology behind the symbol of the cross is this;
consider the horizontal part of the cross as your lifeline, from birth to death. At some time, in your life, you become spiritually aware and this is shown as a perpendicular line, descending from above and crossing at a point in your lifetime.

My cross has no blood upon it, though, nor any sarcastic jab at the Kings of Jews...(but that only has meaning for me and a very few others). It is only for those who understand this message (because the message is the power).

you savvy too?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

More spin? The topic is "The Anti-Christian conspiracy". All y'all are doing is perpetuating the evidence of one existing.

You have voted saint4God for the Way Above Top Secret award.

I constantly find myself in awe at the mindlessness of it all. Sometimes I am able to catch myself and ask myself an important question that helps explain most of the cases.

"Do you think they have really read the bible like nearly all have claimed to do?" Of course, the answer comes back no. SO many times I see Christ saddled with sins as though he condoned them, as opposed to died for them, by people who claim to know Christ.

The conspiracy started the day of the fall, and it will end when Jesus once again wields His sword in Israel.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

You have voted saint4God for the Way Above Top Secret award.

I constantly find myself in awe at the mindlessness of it all. Sometimes I am able to catch myself and ask myself an important question that helps explain most of the cases.

"Do you think they have really read the bible like nearly all have claimed to do?" Of course, the answer comes back no. SO many times I see Christ saddled with sins as though he condoned them, as opposed to died for them, by people who claim to know Christ.

The conspiracy started the day of the fall, and it will end when Jesus once again wields His sword in Israel.

I really fail to understand your logic in this particular exchange at all. Could you please educate me on why you deem what I said was 'mindless'? Or are you specifically saying anyone questioning the veracity of biblical quotation is mindless?

And, yes, I have been educated on the KJV bible and it is right here, beside me in a bookcase, as I type. It's the same one my father gave me when I was 10.

The conspiracy angle cuts both ways...it can also be said that there have been those who removed from the record or even altered what Christ had said, because it conflicts with their perspective of the dogma as it developed.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

For me, the theology behind the symbol of the cross is this;
consider the horizontal part of the cross as your lifeline, from birth to death. At some time, in your life, you become spiritually aware and this is shown as a perpendicular line, descending from above and crossing at a point in your lifetime.

The Cross

All of us, at this very moment, are at a certain place in the Line of Being. The Line of Being is not dependant upon time. You cannot travel it through time, only right NOW. All of us should observe ourselves honestly, and see where we are.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Thank you, Akashic...yes, that is exactly what I was talking about. Isn't it telling that a little diagram, when understood, suddenly can have so much meaning?

To me...the line descends from above and it is at a particular time in your life. The logic is very old, coming out of Egypt.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Which may have been helpful on the bigillion Christian conspiracy threads. But we're talking about the Anti-Christian conspiracy here, no? At least, that's what the title at the top of my screen says.

If I disagree and say I think there isnt one, I automatically become apart of the Anti-Christian conspiracy? I dont think this thread is off topic at all.

Christians don't need symbols nor do they hold any inherent "powers" in Christianity.

Not the symbols themselves, but what they stand for.

Propagandists should get together to at least come up with a consistent or cohesive line of thinking before claiming that the fish is not Christian in origin.

That's good, just brush it off as propaganda. It's the evil Anti-Christians out to get you again.

Rather than "theories", can we stick to the facts?

And where are these facts that show there is absolutely no correlation between the other religions fish, and Christianity's use of it. I'm not denying a fish could have strong symbolism for Christianity, but to say only Christians could have ever had it is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
One of the tactics of those actively partisipating in the conspiracy against Christianity today, is trying to convince people that it was 'invented' by men who 'stole' symbols and practices from much older pagan and other beliefs when infact God's Message has been INFECTED by pagans and others who didn't follow God, since Nimrods time, for the purpose of leading people away in confussion.

The most ancient and widely spread human practice of constructing unhewn stone cairn markers was way before fish, crosses and even cave art and it's roots are in communication between man and The Creator God of Christianity who scattered man all over the whole world, not just the middle east.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join