It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
I find it interesting that you pointed out the Heaven or Hell reference but not the "This is not a test" rant. With all due respect, I seriously doubt that we were all put here to worry about who's going where? You gigantic purple cat! I wish I could say some passages of the Bible off the top of my head. Then I'd get to sit beside God and we could laugh at all those who didn't memorise their passages, burning forever and ever and ever. I dare not think of myself as graceful. Matter of fact, I do believe in God. But not in your idea of God. I wouldn't go to war over my God, He wouldn't be too pleased. And I sincerely doubt that God would have wanted all of us fighting over well, namely Him. Hell, anyone heard of sharing? And about this conspiracy everyone is harping about? There isn't one. Creationism is bs and you all know it. And to all the gigantic purple cats, stop it. To prove your that faithful is just rubbing it in faces who cannot be. He who is first is last, and he who is last will be first. Well, I think it goes like that. Don't correct me, purple cats.

*I'm shaking the dust from my feet. I'm not the Holy Spirit...not my job to strive with you or convict you of sin
But, I'll be here if you repent!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawater999
*I'm shaking the dust from my feet. I'm not the Holy Spirit...not my job to strive with you or convict you of sin

Well shake it off baby now (shake it off baby), twist and shout (twist and shout).

It's a shame more don't follow this particular scriptural advice.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Me sorry. Am bad.

Tell me something Jake, why do you think there is a conspiracy against christanity? Is it in America were Christianity is being let down? Or is it the "Liberal" media backing all those homos, and killing babies that is radically undermining Christiaity?

Christianity isnt an organization to be undermined. Christianity is a discription of people.
If you take some time and read a bit of the bible to get an outline of Israels history, and earths history as a whole, then you will see that the conspiracy is a world wide thing and it mirrors what happened to Israel.

1. God created angels. Satan was the highest of them
2. God created heaven and earth and everything else
3. God created man.
4. God walks with man in the Garden. Satan is also in the garden. The 'Tree of Life' is also in the garden.

Man worships creator. Satan is jealous. He wants that worship.

Here is a life long lesson for you. You worship the one whos word you keep.
Someone suggested that satan is the 'tree of knowledge of good and evil'. I think there is merrit to that.

The fall.

Why doesnt God just destroy satan at that point? DUnno. Guess he would have to destroy man too and he doesnt want to. Man was misled. So God makes a promise.
"He will bruise your head and you will bruise His heal"

Ever since that time satan has been trying to ensure that he takes man down with Him. The conspiracy here is that his plan, as we have been warned of in the bible by the prophets and Revelation, is coming to a head.

(if you need scripture support for any statement above just ask. Its early and I want to view other threads before work)

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donegal

Originally posted by MacDonaghby your deeds you will be allocated to Heaven, which was supposed to be quite a nice place i've heard, or Hell, a bad place were you will burn in endless torment forever and ever amen.

No one is saved by works.
Its by grace through faith.

You repent, forsake all sin
get filled with the Holy Spirit
@ that point you officially have eternal life... John 17:3 says eternal life is...
to KNOW God...
Its not just a matter of making it into heaven.

Its a matter of KNOWING God for eternity.
starting the moment YAHSHUA (Jesus) baptizes you with the Holy Spirit
read Luke 3, John 3 and Acts 1-2

The gospel: thekingiscomingtoreign.blogspot.com...

Yeah yeah. I heard it before. It's a great way to say my religion is the only right religion and if you don't believe in it(have "faith") you will burn in hell. Doesn't matter how good or bad a person you were. Go ahead, kill as many people as you can. Then, if you accept Christ, your going to heaven. I know that it is unlikely that a person capable of certain atrocities would ever seek Christ, but I am sure some have. And to say that he will be in heaven, while I, a person who hasn't hurt anyone and has helped plenty of people, but I can't swallow the truth or have "faith", will enjoy a nice toasty ever-lasting one-way trip to the great lake of fire is just crazy talk you sillies.

you did NOT read what I wrote. you did NOT check out the link either.

Hmmm interesting. I remember reading, "No one is saved by works.Its by grace through faith.". I also vaguely remember, "Its a matter of KNOWING God for eternity.starting the moment YAHSHUA (Jesus) baptizes you with the Holy Spirit read Luke 3, John 3 and Acts 1-2". So your telling me that your not saying the only way to heaven is to accept Christ? And in doing so, the Christian faith?

And as for your link. Here is a small snippet. "'Cause satan is vanquished and my Jesus is King..... " Hmm.... just don't forget to accept Jesus as the only way to heaven. Am I wrong? And if I did get your message wrong, what was it really?

The interesting part of ths scripture is where we are told that repenting our sins would save us. But in the same hand, would we not also have to accept Christ? I have to apologize for me using the evil person versus good person. Many people get that confused nowadays, me included. But is it still not saying that a person who has done these horrendous things versus a person who helps people whenever they can and strives to improve humanity but can not accept the words of men(the Bible) and accept Christ as the only way to heaven will be recieved in heaven and the person that did not accept Christ will go to hell?

Is that not a great way to force a religion upon people? Along with the countless methods Christianity has used over time? And other religions have done it too... of course.

[edit on 18-11-2005 by Donegal]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I find it interesting that you pointed out the Heaven or Hell reference but not the "This is not a test" rant. With all due respect, I seriously doubt that we were all put here to worry about who's going where? You gigantic purple cat! I wish I could say some passages of the Bible off the top of my head. Then I'd get to sit beside God and we could laugh at all those who didn't memorise their passages, burning forever and ever and ever. I dare not think of myself as graceful. Matter of fact, I do believe in God. But not in your idea of God. I wouldn't go to war over my God, He wouldn't be too pleased. And I sincerely doubt that God would have wanted all of us fighting over well, namely Him. Hell, anyone heard of sharing? And about this conspiracy everyone is harping about? There isn't one. Creationism is bs and you all know it. And to all the gigantic purple cats, stop it. To prove your that faithful is just rubbing it in faces who cannot be. He who is first is last, and he who is last will be first. Well, I think it goes like that. Don't correct me, purple cats.

Congrats. I love the giant purple cat theory!

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Well shake it off baby now (shake it off baby), twist and shout (twist and shout).

It's a shame more don't follow this particular scriptural advice.

You DO realize what he just said about "shaking the dust from your feet" right? He may have meant it as "water off a ducks back, but in context to the Word it means something altogether different.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

Me sorry. Am bad.

Tell me something Jake, why do you think there is a conspiracy against christanity? Is it in America were Christianity is being let down? Or is it the "Liberal" media backing all those homos, and killing babies that is radically undermining Christiaity?

Christianity isnt an organization to be undermined. Christianity is a discription of people.
If you take some time and read a bit of the bible to get an outline of Israels history, and earths history as a whole, then you will see that the conspiracy is a world wide thing and it mirrors what happened to Israel.

1. God created angels. Satan was the highest of them
2. God created heaven and earth and everything else
3. God created man.
4. God walks with man in the Garden. Satan is also in the garden. The 'Tree of Life' is also in the garden.

Man worships creator. Satan is jealous. He wants that worship.

Here is a life long lesson for you. You worship the one whos word you keep.
Someone suggested that satan is the 'tree of knowledge of good and evil'. I think there is merrit to that.

The fall.

Why doesnt God just destroy satan at that point? DUnno. Guess he would have to destroy man too and he doesnt want to. Man was misled. So God makes a promise.
"He will bruise your head and you will bruise His heal"

Ever since that time satan has been trying to ensure that he takes man down with Him. The conspiracy here is that his plan, as we have been warned of in the bible by the prophets and Revelation, is coming to a head.

(if you need scripture support for any statement above just ask. Its early and I want to view other threads before work)

I'm interested. Is there any proof of a conspiracy against christianity? Is it "They" who are plotting the downfall of Christianity? And if Christianity is not an organisation, then what is it? A way of life? An idea? I'm not looking for scripture. I ask your personal opinion on this. Can you substantially show that there is a conspiracy against Christianity, without referance to scripture?

BFD

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
McDonagh, I think that that is an excellent question.

I think that if any religious group could claim a conspiracy against them it would be the Jews!

In my opinion, the only conspiracy against Christianity is the conspiracy that Christians have brought upon their own faith by being hypocritical, judgmental, un-Christ-like, alienating to outsiders and culturally irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Why can we not have a serious discussion about God without some opponent introducing ridiculous concepts such as giant purple cats?

(are your eyes so easily deceived?)

Let's get real folks, it's a waste of time discussing nonsense. And yes, it is non-sense. There exists not any real giant purple cats and they have no relation to the living and very real God.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 18-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus

You DO realize what he just said about "shaking the dust from your feet" right? He may have meant it as "water off a ducks back, but in context to the Word it means something altogether different.

Of course I realize what he's talking about.

I'm not interested in being preached to, and I've heard the "good news" more times than I can count already.

If that's what he's here for, then good riddance.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What is all of the ploy against Christmas lately. Some trying to take it off the calendar, and department stores refusing to say Merry CHristmas. It is ridiculous, as a country we dont have an official religion but everyone knows most of the country celebrates Christmas. And those who dont agree with that are trying to push their ways upon us and I wont have any of it. Lets face it folks, Christianity is under attack, when one atheist can get his way with having a cross removed from a war memorial in San Fran(No real surprise there), gotten god taked out of our pledge(in San Fran once again), and wants to take in got we trust off of our currency. Lets just remember that our constitution doesnt say one thing about seperation of church and state, contrary to popular belief.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"- This is what it really says, and the words have been twisted over the years. If someone can show me a place where the constitution says otherwise, I will gladly correct myself.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
No. Im sorry.

I cannot show a conspiracy against Christ without using Christ. Knowing scripture is paramount.
Example. Scripture tells us several things that we can verify with history books.

It tells us that Israels brother, Ishmael...would become a great nation and that his hand would be against every nation and every nations hand against him. You will know Ishmael better by his peoples religion. Islam.

It tells us that near the end, God would call the nation of Israel back to their land out of every nation in the world

It tells us that Jerusalem would be a burden on the world.

It tells us that the ships of Tarshish would be among the first to bring jews back to Israel. (I need to find it but I can show u a case for Spain-Briton or just briton being tarshish)

There is more.

The point is, you cant have a conspiracy agianst Christ if you take away Christ (the Word)

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
It tells us that Israels brother, Ishmael...would become a great nation and that his hand would be against every nation and every nations hand against him. You will know Ishmael better by his peoples religion. Islam.

It tells us that near the end, God would call the nation of Israel back to their land out of every nation in the world

It tells us that Jerusalem would be a burden on the world.

It tells us that the ships of Tarshish would be among the first to bring jews back to Israel. (I need to find it but I can show u a case for Spain-Briton or just briton being tarshish)

There is more.

I'm not very adept discerning nations and relations in the Old Testament. Would you be able to point out some verses in reference to what you're saying here? Preferrably Israel and Ishmael.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Lets face it folks, Christianity is under attack

If Christianity is "under attack" it is GOD doing the attacking for having the religion go under the tube.

Funny how I hear that "under attack" deal. Kinda like the evangelicals having their network. 10 years ago it was the Muslims causing Armegeddon. Now I understand it will be the Asians. Quite a network for a group that claims independence. Also need to take away these "Churchs" tax exempt status for pushing political agendas.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I'm interested. Is there any proof of a conspiracy against christianity? Is it "They" who are plotting the downfall of Christianity? And if Christianity is not an organisation, then what is it? A way of life? An idea? I'm not looking for scripture. I ask your personal opinion on this. Can you substantially show that there is a conspiracy against Christianity, without referance to scripture?

Well I will say that "Christianity" has assimilated with the ways of this world and it has in that sence become a "religion". BUT the bible says that true religion is to keep oneself untainted from the world (ie sin, not meaning hide in a monastery-type-thing). The ONLY way to do that is by having a relationship with JESUS CHRIST (see John 17:3) so that you are fulfilling the Kingdom of God...and not living like the Kingdom of this present evil world

click the 1st link in my signature for the conspiracy thing...
I'll mention that its a bible study. BUT at the top of the page there are links to a few sites that you might be interested in that aren't bible studies

proof: ever heard of the illuminati etc...

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Hmmm interesting. I remember reading, "No one is saved by works.Its by grace through faith.". I also vaguely remember, "Its a matter of KNOWING God for eternity.starting the moment YAHSHUA (Jesus) baptizes you with the Holy Spirit read Luke 3, John 3 and Acts 1-2". So your telling me that your not saying the only way to heaven is to accept Christ? And in doing so, the Christian faith?

I did say read Luke 3, John 3 and Acts 1-2...

Of course there is no other salvation apart from YAHSHUA HaMASIYACH (aka Jesus the Christ).

I said ETERNAL LIFE is to KNOW God.

so, who is God?

The Godhead. Whats the name of the Diety?
YAH

aka the Trinity:
the Father, YAHVEH;
the Son, YAHSHUA (aka Jesus)
and the HOLY SPIRIT

there is no way to the Father except by the Son
and there is no opening of the spiritual eyes unless the HOLY Spirit gives you revelation

true repentance cannot occur unless its through the grace of the Son of God

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hi saint.
I think your asking for all the scripture concerning Ishael including his relation to Israel, and who he is today, so thats where Ill concentrate

Gen 16:11 And the angel of the LORD said to her, "Behold, you are pregnant and shall bear a son. You shall call his name Ishmael, because the LORD has listened to your affliction.
Gen 16:12 He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his hand against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen."

Abrams first born.

Gen 17:18 And Abraham said to God, "Oh that Ishmael might live before you!"

Gen 17:20 As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I have blessed him and will make him fruitful and multiply him greatly. He shall father twelve princes, and I will make him into a great nation.
Gen 17:21 But I will establish my covenant with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this time next year."

---

Abraham sends away the bond woman and ishmael
--
Gen 21:14 So Abraham rose early in the morning and took bread and a skin of water and gave it to Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, along with the child, and sent her away. And she departed and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba.
Gen 21:15 When the water in the skin was gone, she put the child under one of the bushes.
Gen 21:16 Then she went and sat down opposite him a good way off, about the distance of a bowshot, for she said, "Let me not look on the death of the child." And as she sat opposite him, she lifted up her voice and wept.

Gen 21:20 And God was with the boy, and he grew up. He lived in the wilderness and became an expert with the bow.
Gen 21:21 He lived in the wilderness of Paran, and his mother took a wife for him from the land of Egypt.

Paran is part of Arabia. The north part. Next we learn where Ishmaels sons settled. They settled in the area that we know as Southern Iraq and Northern arabia and the Sinai.

Gen 25:12 These are the generations of Ishmael, Abraham's son, whom Hagar the Egyptian, Sarah's servant, bore to Abraham.
Gen 25:13 These are the names of the sons of Ishmael, named in the order of their birth: Nebaioth, the firstborn of Ishmael; and Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam,
Gen 25:14 Mishma, Dumah, Massa,
Gen 25:15 Hadad, Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah.
Gen 25:16 These are the sons of Ishmael and these are their names, by their villages and by their encampments, twelve princes according to their tribes.
Gen 25:17 (These are the years of the life of Ishmael: 137 years. He breathed his last and died, and was gathered to his people.)
Gen 25:18 They settled from Havilah to Shur, which is opposite Egypt in the direction of Assyria. He settled over against all his kinsmen.

Islam makes no excuses about Ishmael and Isaac. They claim that the first born Ishmael was the recipient of Gods promise instead of Isaac. From that point onward you pretty much know the story. Jews / christians corrupt..muhammed the hero prophet ...Islam spreads on the south side of the med the way the rcc spread on the north.

Galatians4 makes it clear that Ishmael was not the recipient of the promise.

-----------

Thats pretty much the background on Ishmael. The relation between arabs and jews is that they are brothers in Abraham.

-----------

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's alright Jake. Can you give me a reference in your scripture that shows a conspiracy against Christianity? I'm still a little confused on this. Is Satan pulling the strings of Marionettes? Is it just prophecy that is causing Christianity to be under siege?
Also, Saint? Love the gigantic purple cat
. It's just an idea, but it will take hold

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Uhmm, Guys, surely you have noticed how very many people support and even praise Paganism, Freemasonry, Wicca, OTO, Lucifer, Satan etc. yet hatefully call Christians stupid and worse for their faith.

It's also telling that so many Freemasons, who claim to be Christians, demand the right to endlessly "defend" their "fraternity" yet don't bother to counter the great deal of Anti-Christian posts.

When Christians point out their problems with the above faiths you all scream that they don't understand or are spreading lies yet when Christians point out that you don't understand or misrepresent their faith you counter with smarmy and hatefully insulting comments.

There is clear, definate, strong support for every form of the occult and magic, that attacks anyone they perceive to "insult" those "faiths" that yet delights in useing any misconception, doctrine of man or outright lie to "prove" Christians are at best, ignorant and blame their faith for most if not all the worlds woes.

Quite simply, not content with accepting the freedom to promote Anti-Christian "faiths", there is a great deal of effort being put into spreading a hatered for Christianity while demanding respect for every other "faith".

I haven't belonged to a "church" since leaving the Chatholic church I was raised in but I can recognise rabid hate mongering when I see it.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
Uhmm, Guys, surely you have noticed how very many people support and even praise ... Lucifer.

Lucifer is a latin name meaning morning star. It appears once in the bible, in Isaiah 14:12.

Jesus refers to himself as the morning star in Revelations 22:16. When we equate Lucifer with Satan we are demonizing the morning star, or Christ.

Lucifer - Where did the word come from and what is its true meaning?

"Lucifer makes his appearance in the fourteenth chapter of the Old Testament book of Isaiah, at the twelfth verse, and nowhere else: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"
The first problem is that Lucifer is a Latin name. So how did it find its way into a Hebrew manuscript, written before there was a Roman language? To find the answer, I consulted a scholar at the library of the Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati. What Hebrew name, I asked, was Satan given in this chapter of Isaiah, which describes the angel who fell to become the ruler of hell?

The answer was a surprise. In the original Hebrew text, the fourteenth chapter of Isaiah is not about a fallen angel, but about a fallen Babylonian king, who during his lifetime had persecuted the children of Israel. It contains no mention of Satan, either by name or reference. The Hebrew scholar could only speculate that some early Christian scribes, writing in the Latin tongue used by the Church, had decided for themselves that they wanted the story to be about a fallen angel, a creature not even mentioned in the original Hebrew text, and to whom they gave the name "Lucifer."

Why Lucifer? In Roman astronomy, Lucifer was the name given to the morning star (the star we now know by another Roman name, Venus). The morning star appears in the heavens just before dawn, heralding the rising sun. The name derives from the Latin term lucem ferre, bringer, or bearer, of light." In the Hebrew text the expression used to describe the Babylonian king before his death is Helal, son of Shahar, which can best be translated as "Day star, son of the Dawn." The name evokes the golden glitter of a proud king's dress and court (much as his personal splendor earned for King Louis XIV of France the appellation, "The Sun King").

The scholars authorized by ... King James I to translate the Bible into current English did not use the original Hebrew texts, but used versions translated ... largely by St. Jerome in the fourth century. Jerome had mistranslated the Hebraic metaphor, "Day star, son of the Dawn," as "Lucifer," and over the centuries a metamorphosis took place. Lucifer the morning star became a disobedient angel, cast out of heaven to rule eternally in hell. Theologians, writers, and poets interwove the myth with the doctrine of the Fall, and in Christian tradition Lucifer is now the same as Satan, the Devil, and --- ironically --- the Prince of Darkness.

So "Lucifer" is nothing more than an ancient Latin name for the morning star, the bringer of light. That can be confusing for Christians who identify Christ himself as the morning star, a term used as a central theme in many Christian sermons. Jesus refers to himself as the morning star in Revelation 22:16: "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join