It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I read through a few more. There is a lot of judging one another. But remember we are all created equal and are all sinners. If a christians says to you, you are not on the right path, forgive him for his offense and in the same breath ask for your forgiveness from God for your own offense. The Lord's Prayer. Mathew 6:9-13. And as fars being on that right path, You are. The soul will return to It's creator and the soul knows the path it goes, even if you don't.

Another thing I have noticed that the reason everyone is fighting, and condemning one onther, in fact someone even ask why.

It is because it is written that in the ends of time that people will be come self consumed. A self consumed person is one that worries about their own regards, self centered, self absorbed,etc and self righteousness is also one that is self comsumed. That is why you see all these things, especially in christianity.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by karie]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by karie
I read the first couple of entries and I am wondering if any one even understands christianity.

awww, the self-enlightened righteousness of a person who feels they are better than anyone.

First of all, christ is the very foundation of christianity.

wrong. paul was the founder of christianity. with or without christ you could still make up the stories and get people to believe. the important person in the creation of christianity were the people like paul. other than that christ did nothing but be a normal, run of the mill, prophet. he wasn't the only one supposedly healing blind people in those days.

Another thing Christianity was and has always been the true faith, even before jews. That is why in the OT His birth is foretold.

that's some A class BS if i've ever heard it. as for the OT prophecies...if these were likely to be true i'm sure a lot more people would take notice. obviously there's something wrong with these prophecies because 6 billion people they mean nothing. the OT prophecies are not credible, which is why you take it all on 'faith'.

Another thing I have noticed that the reason everyone is fighting, and condemning one onther, in fact someone even ask why.

but ofcourse you're not fighting or condemning anyone, you're just telling us we're all doing it wrong, and think you're somehow above us.

It is because it is written that in the ends of time that people will be come self consumed.

another enlightened message from the prophet 'i'm a self-righteous, think i'm better than everyone, miss.karie'.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by paulthefourth

I don’t want to change their sexual orientation, I just want them to tolerate mine – and not look at me like I’m a freak or avoid me like they think I’m ‘contagious’ or something – I have no STD’s or any other communicable diseases, but they act around me as if they need to be wearing a Nuclear Bio-Hazard Protective suit. I love my family – but I don’t know how much longer I can put up with just taking all the ‘superiority’ from them, whether they actively show it or not, I know that it’s there. And that breaks my heart more than anything. It breaks my Mother’s heart – not that I’m gay, I know she’s OK with it, but the way she sees her ‘baby’ being treated – I don’t even want to be around her sometimes because I know how much it hurts her inside to see my hurt – and NONE of this should even be an issue – It’s not like I’m a murderer or a rapist or a child molester, but she knows that most people think of me the same way as they think of them.

Paul

Thank you for your entire post. Your post did a good job of helping me to "deny ignorance". Perhaps most Christians have not had the opportunity of hearing just how an average homosexual feels about life and the world we live in. Generally we are treated to "in your face" behavior. I have to admit that I am offended by this type of behavior whether homo or heterosexual. I guess that makes me a prude in today's society.

You have voted paulthefourth for the Way Above Top Secret award.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
well I am so sorry that I have offended you, I do not feel that I am above anyone. Nor to I feel I know everything, But I do know that christianity is the belief in Jesus Christ and they talk of a Savior, A messiah, the one that comes and saves them from sin. So tell me where in the bible that Paul formed christianity and that he is the one to save them from sin. and from what I have read in this forum about christianity believed or thought, not one person has mentioned Jesus and what He taght. Instead they are worried about what the churches teach and what everyone else thinks. I am no where near self righteous or anything like that. But however you proved to me everything I believe in, by passing Judgment on me. Remember to pray to the Lord His prayer, Cause I pray. And I ask for forgiviness of my wrongdoings. And for the 6 billion people who do or don't believe is there choice. You got one thing right, I do go on faith. It is the only thing in this world that gets me thru the day.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by karie]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
if any feels that I have condemned them I am truly sorry. If helping others to believe and teaching them what I have read for myself is wrong. Then please, since you are so quickly to bash me, then please show me the way.

And your last one almost offended me. But then I realized I still have faith. and as far I can tell. You don't know your bible very well. That what I wrote about it is written, well if it is already written, then how can I be a profit.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree

Originally posted by paulthefourth

I don’t want to change their sexual orientation, I just want them to tolerate mine – and not look at me like I’m a freak or avoid me like they think I’m ‘contagious’ or something – I have no STD’s or any other communicable diseases, but they act around me as if they need to be wearing a Nuclear Bio-Hazard Protective suit. I love my family – but I don’t know how much longer I can put up with just taking all the ‘superiority’ from them, whether they actively show it or not, I know that it’s there. And that breaks my heart more than anything. It breaks my Mother’s heart – not that I’m gay, I know she’s OK with it, but the way she sees her ‘baby’ being treated – I don’t even want to be around her sometimes because I know how much it hurts her inside to see my hurt – and NONE of this should even be an issue – It’s not like I’m a murderer or a rapist or a child molester, but she knows that most people think of me the same way as they think of them.

Paul

Thank you for your entire post. Your post did a good job of helping me to "deny ignorance". Perhaps most Christians have not had the opportunity of hearing just how an average homosexual feels about life and the world we live in. Generally we are treated to "in your face" behavior. I have to admit that I am offended by this type of behavior whether homo or heterosexual. I guess that makes me a prude in today's society.

You have voted paulthefourth for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Hey don't feel bad. Everyone is good at taking someone else that don't see the way they do and crushing you down. But remember God is your judge not them, and if they judge you for your life, they are the one committing the crime against God. God says to practice what we preach, Christians preach that thou shalt not judge, but yet they are so quick to do it. I know this, cuz I am a Christian and I am a sinner, and I have made judgments on others with out realizing for along time, and I will do it again. I am not perfect but I faith. And I know to be in God that I have to remember what Christ teaches us, and igonarance was not one of them.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by karie
if any feels that I have condemned them I am truly sorry. If helping others to believe and teaching them what I have read for myself is wrong. Then please, since you are so quickly to bash me, then please show me the way.

i never condemned what you said, but when you came on, you had exactly the same attitude as that of what 'iamian' had stated christians have. looks like he was exactly on point.

And your last one almost offended me. But then I realized I still have faith. and as far I can tell. You don't know your bible very well. That what I wrote about it is written, well if it is already written, then how can I be a profit.

don't make assumptions. i do know the bible well. you know the holy bible, i know the real bible. Personal attacks towards members offends me.

well I am so sorry that I have offended you, I do not feel that I am above anyone. Nor to I feel I know everything.

so why the 'i'm above everyone, self-righteous, know-it-all' attitude?

So tell me where in the bible that Paul formed christianity and that he is the one to save them from sin.

i never said he saved you or anyone from sin, why are you asking this when i never stated anything of the sort? i also never said in the bible it states ''the founder of christianity was pail''. but without paul, you have nothing. i was saying that with or without jesus you could still create christianity, as you don't 'know' jesus was ever a person or any of those stories are true, you take it all on faith. so if paul wrote about a non-existant person, and fabricated stories, then he in a way helped created christianity, as jesus was like any prophet at that time.

the bible is one of the most unreliable pieces of literature we have today. sure it gives us an insight to the people's lives during those times, yet it's not even remotely credible.

and from what I have read in this forum about christianity believed or thought, not one person has mentioned Jesus and what He taght.

this is because this isn't about 'jesus and what he taught'. you want to hear some biblical stories and miracles of jesus?...go to church!

this thread has nothing to do with what jesus taught, it's about some supposed anti-christian conspiracy.

But however you proved to me everything I believe in, by passing Judgment on me.

yeah everything you believe is true because somebody judged you

You got one thing right, I do go on faith. It is the only thing in this world that gets me thru the day.

hit the nail on the head. ''it's the only thing that gets you through the day''. someone might become an alcoholic because it gets them through their depressing life and day. in the same way as an alcoholic, you are scared to face reality, you make this make-believe world for yourself, pray to some devine being, all to create an alter-reality so you can believe you're going to be saved at the end of it all.

and i didn't say this. this is what you are saying, you might not realise it but that's what 'it's the only thing that gets me through the day'', means.

some people might smoke 40 cigarettes 'just to get them through the day'. they might have drink after alcoholic drink 'just to get them through the day'. they might take pills and other drugs 'just to get them through the day'. a person with compulsive disorders might wash his hands 100 times 'just to get through the day'. karie you believe in jesus, god and christianity 'just to get yourself through the day'.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by shaunybaby]

Mod Edit: Civility.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have a serious question, just one question,

Why is the jesus story real and all the other Saviour storys myth?

and plz dont be avaisive or patronising could you just answer this very important question, and tell me what the official Christian answer is,

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamian

and plz dont be avaisive or patronising could you just answer this very important question, and tell me what the official Christian answer is,

The official Christian answer is to be ignorant of the roots of Christianity. It's easy enough to dismiss the evidence because there's a lot of crap evidence out there. Fortunately, some of it is pristine and irrefutable.

In the event they do inadvertently learn that the resurrected godman savior myth is not original to Christinaity, they just say the devil made those up in anticipation of the real thing, rather than even considering their own myth has its roots in Egyptian solar mythology.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
The official Christian answer is to be ignorant of the roots of Christianity.

There convictions are mindbogling to me, it seem's as though some are afraid to stick there big toe in the tub just incase they get burned,
Ive posted a thread about the roots of Christianity, i put everything in very simple terms, but most of the Christians have ignored it, except one who corrected my Grammar,

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hey, sorry I'm late. I didn't go into ATS very much over the weekend.

Originally posted by iamian

Iamian, a lot of people think Christ was a man, miracle worker and great teacher who died on a cross 2,000 years ago. Although these things are true, what most are forgetting is the most important part. He rose again and continues to this day. It is certainly possible to have a living relationship with our living God if we choose to. I was very hard-headed and had to experience quite a bit before believing. This is difficult to conceptionalize unless one has received the gift of eternal life. If you'd like to receive that gift, send a U2U and we can talk about details.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have a God and he is my observer, he creates my own reality, just as your god will create yours, so as some Humans may choose to dither through life accepting there alotment, and let the muttering from external sources put there minds on a leash,
i shall continue to be open minded to all possibilities, but will not accept those of a common myth.
no disrespect to you saint4god, but we are on a two very different realitys.

All the best... ian

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Iamian, a lot of people think Christ was a man, miracle worker and great teacher who died on a cross 2,000 years ago. Although these things are true, what most are forgetting is the most important part. He rose again and continues to this day. It is certainly possible to have a living relationship with our living God if we choose to. I was very hard-headed and had to experience quite a bit before believing. This is difficult to conceptionalize unless one has received the gift of eternal life. If you'd like to receive that gift, send a U2U and we can talk about details.

Saint, my friend, one must do a little better. We all rise and continue in some way or another. I will agree with the relationship with the "Living GOD". However, I don't quite understand why one has to throw the "Living" into it. I kinda thought that was understood by all who realize the father is within us all.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
God..... Jesus??????????

I do see a big conspiracy going ON and ON and ON, It may hit on what someone has said a little earlier..
It has to do about Jesus, not very many people is saying Jesus or even putting him as the main parson that we should be talking of and talking with...
God Does not hear YYYOOOOOOUUUUUU. as I understand it is that God has already gave up on us and If it had been for Jesus that stood up for us, WE would not be here now...

God Had enough of us and all of our sinning, He was already to take all the people out again like he did with the Flood... ( Remember) So God handed the Earth over to Jesus with a grantee that Jesus would find enough persons that will believe in him and the Farther.

Jesus was there to step in for us, and he finally got God to agree not to Destroy Earth again now.

Jesus is what it all about here, We have to believe in and follow Jesus before we can ever think about stifling God.. Jesus is out middle man and without him, well we just don't have a change in Hell....

Now Do ya understand ??????????????

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by jfdarby
Hay, Saint4God Is Truthseeka tiring to save us from something that I Don't know about.

If he has something we need to know, why is he saying it in such am Angry way, He sounds so mad at us..

S/he is mad at us, but it's misdirected anger. Once you get used to that, it's a lot easier to work with. Truthseeka's uncle is a baptist minister (check me on that Truthseeka if I'm not right) and something doesn't click right or something went wrong where God became the blame. I don't know what it is yet, but I'm hoping someday s/he'll open up and share with us what that is.

I have read some of his thoughts here and other threads and it seams that he really doesn't want to help us or even like us, At lest that is the way I see him when he is trying to help us so much.

I get that impression too.

Just to be safe and for not the argument and the bad tone I see in his threads, I won't talk to him and maybe he'll leave me alone in what I like to talk about...

My friend jfdarby, I have a question. Supposing you and a friend were in a canoe. Your friend, who was unable to swim, fell out. When you offer your hand, he yells at you that it was your fault that he fell out. What would you do?

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by saint4God]

That's PRECISELY my problem with Christians. Most of you can't accept it when someone tells you they believe in God. See, watch this...

I believe in God.

But, according to Saint, I'm mad at God for some reason.
Doesn't make sense at first glance, but when I think about it...it looks like Saint equates God with Christianity. Hell, damn near all Christians do.

For most of them, if you say "I believe in God," they'll say, "So, you believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior?" But, if you say "No, I just believe in God," you're a non-believer AND an atheist.

So, again...I believe in God, but I am not a Christian. And, if y'all don't like my tone, too bad. It ain't anti-Christian, it's just in your face, just like you Christians are with "Let us save you, let us convert you, I hope you find God." If you don't like it when people criticize your faith, stop shoving it down everyone's throat. After all, not all people are meant to be saved anyway, right?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Oh, by the way...

Any of you Christians hear about the Chinese guy being arrested for possession of Bibles? Is that enough of a conspiracy for you?

No, you'd probably prefer stuff like people like me expressing my opinions on Christianity...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

God..... Jesus??????????

I do see a big conspiracy going ON and ON and ON, It may hit on what someone has said a little earlier..
It has to do about Jesus, not very many people is saying Jesus or even putting him as the main parson that we should be talking of and talking with...
God Does not hear YYYOOOOOOUUUUUU. as I understand it is that God has already gave up on us and If it had been for Jesus that stood up for us, WE would not be here now...

God Had enough of us and all of our sinning, He was already to take all the people out again like he did with the Flood... ( Remember) So God handed the Earth over to Jesus with a grantee that Jesus would find enough persons that will believe in him and the Farther.

Jesus was there to step in for us, and he finally got God to agree not to Destroy Earth again now.

Jesus is what it all about here, We have to believe in and follow Jesus before we can ever think about stifling God.. Jesus is out middle man and without him, well we just don't have a change in Hell....

Now Do ya understand ??????????????

Nice theory but according to bible wrong
Genesis
9:11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

God definitelly doesn't want to create another flood or something as you proposed so Jesus way is something else.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Nice theory but according to bible wrong
Genesis
9:11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

God definitely doesn't want to create another flood or something as you proposed so Jesus way is something else.

Yes, I am aware of the fact that God will not Destroy the Earth again With water

He says that the second time, He will destroy with Fire Not Water..

Through Jesus Love and His Grace, the most of us are saved. And being like his father, I would say that You can count on what he says as being True and it will be carried out to the letter...

And as far as believing in God and not Jesus is up to You, You are not alone it not believe Jesus, The Jews say that Jesus has not come yet and that puts then and whoever else will still be waiting..

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
am i wrong in saying that jesus told his disciples that he would return during 'their' lifetime?

it's been almost 2000 years, he ain't coming back!!

people won't wait forever, and that's a fact. the longer this goes on, the less people will believe.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
am i wrong in saying that jesus told his disciples that he would return during 'their' lifetime?

The words were something like "this generation shall not pass". Apologists have invented several clever ways around this inconvenient morsel.

Originally posted by shaunybaby
people won't wait forever, and that's a fact. the longer this goes on, the less people will believe.

I think what you're saying is true, as long as the predominantly Christian nations do not return to theocracy. That's what kept this myth thriving so long.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join