It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Most Religions are emotional addictions that are so common they are socially accepted.

In its mild form it does no bar the person from rational thought,
In its extreme forms people lose all touch with both moral and tangible reality.

The commonness of it masks the severity it sometimes reaches, but since not even the mildly addicted will admit it is a problem those who are most affected are shielded from any criticism by group denial. Offense to one is an offense to all.

Newsflash! Your'e a junkie.

"He hacked up those 5 people, but now he has seen the light and so his soul will be saved, it's all good, it's magic!"

Um, excuse me for sticking to the facts, but whatever supposed religious salvation occurs does not alter the facts of who a person actually is inside.

It makes me think about the Early Spanish Catholic Priests in Central America,
They would get the Mayan/Indian to convert and then they would execute them on the spot, basking in having sent another saved soul to heaven.

How sick can you get?

Life and reality are here and now, and divorcing yourself from that leads you to psychosis.

If your God/religion is not about the life you are living right now, your God/religion is about death.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by slank]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think I miss the Jerry Springer show, I just read one of slank's post. It reminds me why I don't like daytime tv.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Jesus is taking care of me in this life very well thank you.
Not only this life, but the life to come.
What kind of person ignores the trillions of years to come, while focusing on the 72 -82 years that you might get here. Dare I say even 120?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
What kind of person ignores the trillions of years to come, while focusing on the 72 -82 years that you might get here. Dare I say even 120?

A person who believes in reincarnation? (semi tongue-in-cheek)

Yours in Truth

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Didn't Jesus father a bastard child with Mary of Magdalene?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Deny Ignorance.

Your link isn't working.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Deny Ignorance.

Your link isn't working.

It isn't a link, Frosty, it is a message. Deny Ignorance. No, Jesus never fathered a child with Mary Magdelene, or with any other woman, despite what enemies of Christianity may say. Jesus was completely human but also completely pure and sinless; having a child with Mry would have been a sin. It never happened. Deny Ignorance.

Lightseeker

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Jesus is taking care of me in this life very well thank you.
Not only this life, but the life to come.

That's right, Jake. Your remarks made me think of a quote by Jim Elliott, the great martyred Christian missionary, who said: "No man is a fool, who surrenders that which he can not keep, for that which he can not lose."

Jesus is Lord!

Lightseeker

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

Maybe, but I would rather be a Jesus junkie, anyday!

"He hacked up those 5 people, but now he has seen the light and so his soul will be saved, it's all good, it's magic!"

Um, excuse me for sticking to the facts, but whatever supposed religious salvation occurs does not alter the facts of who a person actually is inside.

For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died;
and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.
Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer.
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature;the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2Cor 5:14-17 (nasb)

It makes me think about the Early Spanish Catholic Priests in Central America,
They would get the Mayan/Indian to convert and then they would execute them on the spot, basking in having sent another saved soul to heaven.

This was done contary to the teachings of Christ and the Church; there is no biblical supprt for those actions, therefore they were not condoned by God.

Life and reality are here and now, and divorcing yourself from that leads you to psychosis.

Yes, life and reality are here now and there is life and reality in no one other than the Lord Jesus Christ and divorcing yourself from Him will lead to much worse than psychosis, it will lead to eternal seperation from God.
I would much rather be thought crazy by people who deny the truth and know in my own heart that I am not psychotic, just forgiven.:0

If your God/religion is not about the life you are living right now, your God/religion is about death.

And if you be unwilling to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15 (rsv)

God Bless,
Lightseeker

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker

Originally posted by slank

Maybe, but I would rather be a Jesus junkie, anyday!

Jesus is (was, if you believe that way) awesome.
Jesus' teachings were spot on.
The original apostolic church was wonderful.
What the "Christian" religion has evolved into since around 321AD is, as they would've said in the OT, "An abomination unto the Lord."
This is not a reflection on the people who strive to actually follow God's will, including the teachings of Jesus, but they are at a great disadvantage if using the modern Christian religion as a vehicle. I don't believe that Jesus would want his name on it. I wouldn't. But, then again, I know the difference between spiritual philosophy & religion.

Yours in Truth

[edit on 16-7-2005 by Lordling]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
the whole idea of life is to carry it on. that is the sole purpose of life and the meaning of life...survival. not in the sense of survival of the fittest, but in the sense of survival of the species, race etc. if you're not going to procreate then honestly what is the f**king point in you being here at all, just to consume all that is around and give nothing in return.

that's what jesus did, he consumed your hearts, your minds, you feelings and your thoughts, with the promise of eternal life in return and the promise of that one day he would return within his disciple's lifetime. a man that may not have even existed has your balls firmly lodge in a vice.

if there really is a heaven and hell then surely alot of good people will go to hell who don't accept jesus as their saviour? its such a simple concept to grasp, with heaven being the gift and hell being the punishment for whether you do good or bad in your lifetime...just a way of controlling.

people often say that the bible has withstood the test of time and what a great book etc... but when the authors wrote the parts of the bible, it was not intended as one book. the authors never meant for it all to come together to form one ideology. just the concept of collecting those different pieces of work and putting them alltogether, and bam...there you have it, there's your religion. what's so devine about that? there is no devinity. just man putting some books together, that when the individual pieces were written, were not intended for that concept.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
the whole idea of life is to carry it on. that is the sole purpose of life and the meaning of life...survival. not in the sense of survival of the fittest, but in the sense of survival of the species, race etc. if you're not going to procreate then honestly what is the f**king point in you being here at all, just to consume all that is around and give nothing in return.

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

Gen 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.

If you thought the bible taught different then you were ignorant of those verses.

that's what jesus did, he consumed your hearts, your minds, you feelings and your thoughts, with the promise of eternal life in return and the promise of that one day he would return within his disciple's lifetime. a man that may not have even existed has your balls firmly lodge in a vice.

Your ignorant of Jesus Christ. Jesus does not consume hearts, He fills them.
There is however, one who is looking to consume you.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

if there really is a heaven and hell then surely alot of good people will go to hell who don't accept jesus as their saviour? its such a simple concept to grasp, with heaven being the gift and hell being the punishment for whether you do good or bad in your lifetime...just a way of controlling.

There are no good people. Just some forgiven people.

Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

The only reason you feel like it is something that is trying to 'control' is because you know in your heart that you are guilty of sin, just like the bible shows.
No big deal. We all are. The next step is to decide if you want to follow God and ask to be forgiven. Its that simple. The other option is to remain in rebellion to God.

people often say that the bible has withstood the test of time and what a great book etc... but when the authors wrote the parts of the bible, it was not intended as one book. the authors never meant for it all to come together to form one ideology. just the concept of collecting those different pieces of work and putting them alltogether, and bam...there you have it, there's your religion. what's so devine about that? there is no devinity. just man putting some books together, that when the individual pieces were written, were not intended for that concept.

That said... you make the case for Gods intervening hand.
The books of the bible all have the same harmonious message. People who did not even know about each other wrote scripture, inspired by God, and all of it comes together as one. I've looked at all of the claims of contradiction and they are all debunked.
God has just used to you show just how miraculous His bible is.

Praise God!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
" Jesus was completely human but also completely pure and sinless; having a child with Mary would have been a sin. It never happened. Deny Ignorance. "

And why would having a child be a sin? Lord almighty extrapolate that, having children is a Sin, so anyone that believes in God should avoid children, so true believers would die out as they are the last generation..? where exactly did this belief come from...`

Sex is not a sin, children are not sins...youve been reading the writings of Paul the whack job a bit too much. Jesus may have married, as he is referred too as Rabbi in Hebrew, and to be Rabbi he must have been married. We dont know if he was, we dont know if he wasnt.

We do have 18 years of his life missing, so i suspect there is a lot church leaders did not want getting out, it would destroy the little fable they were putting together. Maybe one day someone will find a book that contains the lost 18 years and we find Jesus had a raised a pretty good sized family.
what will happen then?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There is no basis for your claims. They are as founded as

Jesus may have been more evolved and had wings and flew away...that is why they thought he was taken into a cloud'

The cross was really just a railroad crossing sign. Over 2000 years and many retranslations, the meaning became skewed to what we hear today. There was no cross per se'

ON this end, that is how terrible your claims sound. How ignorant of any truth.
Whats the point?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

There is no basis for your claims. They are as founded as

Jesus may have been more evolved and had wings and flew away...that is why they thought he was taken into a cloud'

I think we're up to teleportation or tractor beams now (since we are being facetious).

The cross was really just a railroad crossing sign. Over 2000 years and many retranslations, the meaning became skewed to what we hear today. There was no cross per se'

More facetiousness....The cross predates the Christian religion in any form, as a symbol of religious significance. It was not used as a Christian symbol (as far as we know) until around the 7th century AD, and was, even then, vigorously disputed by several bishops as the proper symbol for the religion. The original symbol (actually used by the followers of Jesus) was the fish (icthys).

ON this end, that is how terrible your claims sound. How ignorant of any truth.

Possibly, because your view is biased?

Whats the point?

I agree...This is a discussion on the existence of an Anti-Christian Conspiracy. Debate regarding points of dogma is not relevant.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I love that word!.
lol

As for the cross...
If you were Jesus, would you want to see a million people waving crosses above their head when you returned?

I dont know who made it an 'official' symbol...im not sure that we need one.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
He is right about the cross being around before Christian society sprang up. It has been a near unofficial symbol of the Hindu faith in the form of the Mandala as well as many other faiths including Hinuisms use of the swastika. Records of Jesus from age 12 to age 30 seem to not exist at all. That is 18 years of his life. Some say he went to India and learned of the Hare Krishna faith which is in many ways similar to his own teachings.

The Vatican loves to withold and hide information. Do you not understand why they hardly let anyone in their archives for more than a few hours? There are believed, by the Pope and others, that documents within the Vatican may contain information damning to the Christian faith. Such as: an explination on the 18 gap of Jesus's life, wether Virgin Mary was really a Virgin, if Jesus ever died on a cross (cruxified), and also wether or not he fathered a child. By my personal belief is: was the Jesus Christ we know of the only one claiming to be such? Was there another Jesus? It has been uncertain about wether he has siblings. Who exactly was Joseph. And most importantly, the copies of the original bible are said to be within these archives.

So why does the Vatican not want anyone to find copies to the original bible? Take a second to inhale for about 2 minutes and then begin to think "Why does the staple of the Christian faith not want me to know what the context of the original bible contains?"

[edit on 17-7-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

"Why does the staple of the Christian faith not want me to know what the context of the original bible contains?"

Your are saying that the Vatican/RCC is the staple of the christian faith. I differ with that view. The RCC church has been corrupted and does not teach true faith in Jesus Christ. Someone mentioned this on another thread. People need to get rid of the preconceived notion that the RCC is what christianity is about!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

"Why does the staple of the Christian faith not want me to know what the context of the original bible contains?"

Your are saying that the Vatican/RCC is the staple of the christian faith. I differ with that view. The RCC church has been corrupted and does not teach true faith in Jesus Christ. Someone mentioned this on another thread. People need to get rid of the preconceived notion that the RCC is what christianity is about!

Unfortunately, the RCC is the foundation of practically all religious observances practiced by Protestant Christianity. In essence, this includes, but is not limited to, the concept of the Trinity, Jesus' Divinity, Communion, Infant Baptism, The Cross as the symbol of Christianity, Sunday as the Sabbath (vs. the original Saturday), Invalidation of most Judaic law (selective), Original Sin, Virgin Birth, The (entire) Bible as the actual Word of God (not representative, not fallible), and the list goes on & on. Interestingly enough, most people don't even realise that the model for most Protestant church services, only dates back to around 1858, or so.
Stained glass windows, steeples on churches - 12th century
Pews, church bulletins - 15th century
Choirs - 3rd & 4th century.....(I like this one) from the choirs in pagan temples....
All are adoptions by the RCC (except, oddly, for pews, which is credited to the Reformation movement under Luther).

Again, as I have posted previously on other threads: You must be able to distinguish between a religion & a philosophy; they are not mutually inclusive. Religions are always based on philosophies and rarely the other way around. If the reverse ever occurs, it is normally due to ignorance of the original philosophy which created that particular religion in the first place (usually after a substantial period of time has passed with that religion having no adherents).

Yours in Truth

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join