It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

it is my contention that the God you worship is done in the the light of myths and idealogy built around a deity known consecutively as Amun/Ra/Aten/El/El Shaddai/Yahwah/Jesus, where your entire conviction is based on those myths.

Apparently one speeds by posts from many.

One accused me one day of being pretentious. Pull the beam from the eye before going after another's speck, please.

You had listed a link somewhere within the diatribe of these several threads for one to look at. Instead of me having to look up several pages of tit for tat would you mind posting again?

Stagnation comes from the unwillingness to learn from others. I would never be that way. An open mind, like a book, has many pages.

Et tu?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswaterApparently one speeds by posts from many.
Fortunately my eyes are rather good, and my mind is rather quick, I need not read an entire post to see that ;quote Somewhereinbetween are the first two words of a post.

One accused me one day of being pretentious. Pull the beam from the eye before going after another's speck, please.
I stand by my claim, and admit that I have no idea what the second sentence counter is about, save to fire a volley.

You had listed a link somewhere within the diatribe of these several threads for one to look at. Instead of me having to look up several pages of tit for tat would you mind posting again?
You more or less enforce for you too what I wrote about your cohort, double myopia! education does not seek people, people seek education, so hit that previous page's button, find the post, read it and you will come to that bright red shiny reference of a link you are looking for. My brain cannot think for yours sorry.

Stagnation comes from the unwillingness to learn from others. I would never be that way.
You certainly are and I can prove it here:

Instead of me having to look up several pages of tit for tat would you mind posting again?

Et tu?
God bless!

[edit on 6/24/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Nonetheless I am glad that you like them, but you did very poorly, for I did not paraphrase Isaiah, in fact my paraphrase does not come from the Bible.

No, one did not paraphrase Isaiah. However, what it helps reinforce is that though "religions", or spiritual thinking may be different there is a certain tie in among all whether admitted or not.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswaterNo, one did not paraphrase Isaiah. However, what it helps reinforce is that though "religions", or spiritual thinking may be different there is a certain tie in among all whether admitted or not.
Congratulations! I take that as a signal that you may very well be on your way to understanding the pagan and idolatrous roots of your faith, which might, if you are willing to look deep enough, herald the way to clear the man-made obstacles in your mind and embrace without benefit of imtermediaries, the concept of God.

The real God were he as perfect as I/we believe him to be, would not ever have settled for pagan and idolatrous, disguised or otherwise, and would not in fact choose to interfere with our intelligence or the development of same with which he blessed us, and especially that thing called freewill, which some of you believe your religion vis a vis God, grants to you.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
Excellent, and I am sure you were pleased to learn at least between the two of you, he at least knew of the man to quote him.

Yeah. I'd rather know my leaders know more than I do. So I guess I have you to thank for introducing me to him before I heard the pastor speak.

who cares what your personal statistics are, you fall into either fundamentalist/evangelical or whatever Christian demoniation otherwise Jesus would not be your saviour. And it is this very insipid type of response from you that causes me to glide past your posts, for they are all filled with the same inanity.

Apparently you don't care. You are the one to put me into a catagory, not me.

Yes I know, the truth can appear to be mean.

Nice spin
. You in politics?

The truth is only found through love.

Now as with my having to introduce you to Clement, the foibles of the gospels, numerous other issues with your doctrine and now Amenenope, I note you are once again lacking in any semblance of intellectual response, and resort to your usual childish display of smilies and childlike rhetoric:

I am only childish towards nonsense. It helps me be part of the party.

It is obviously time to resume my flying by your posts.

Bye bye. Thanks for ignoring. Ignoring? Sounds like 'ignorance' doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
what happened to god? specifically the christian one. all these people wrote about this god, miracles during jesus' time, all these predictions and prophecies that are supposedly coming true now, and other stories about floods, plagues and creation. then someone put all this together and called it 'the bible', also known as 'the gospel'...may as well have called it 'the truth'. anyways, god seemed to be around a lot to begin with, even his kid was walking on earth, performing all these miracles and so on. god even spoke to a few people, set a bush on fire, turn a stick in to a serpent and so on.

its a shame he isn't still around so we could get 'proof'. by that i mean actual physical proof. not a story or some writing...but proof. some photographs perhaps, or some footage of adam and eve in the garden of eden, god took all that time to create the universe and couldn't even come up with a video camera. so, yeah... i know people say they talk to god etc, yet he's not a frequent visitor as the bible would have us believe he was a few thousand years back. whats the deal?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I am really annoyed with these people who so much don't want to accept that god exist, one way or another, the mere existance of us is unseparable from god. And one more thing or question: You think all those people were lying when they written in the bible about bush and pillar of fire and cloud and miracles. I don't think so. Why would anyone lied, when it is clear no one would believe, so they must be telling the truth, nor one man but many have been involved.
On the contrary people from this point of time lie a lot more then people from that days.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
i dont think its the fact that people lied. you need to understand one very important thing about humans 2000 or more years ago. in most cases your knowledge went as far as folk tales, legends, how to look after animals, how to grow crops and this was all passed down generation to generation. as far as reading scripture, let alone writing it, not many were skilled enough in that area. now that you understand a little more about the way people thought and acted in those times its easy to see why many created gods.

you assume that when the bush caught fire that it was caused by god. this is a person in the 21st century, that attributes bushes catching fire to god, on the bases that it is written down in a book. the thing is there are many ways this could happen naturally. for example lightning if it hits a tree can set it alight...this 2000 years ago would be called an 'act of god'. the same as if you had a bad hunt, it was god. if there was a flood, because you're living on the trade routes, on the flood plain of a river...it was god. if you have a bad havest, it was god. there are still ancient tribes who live in remote places who still act like this. this is because they haven't evolved, because they've stayed in the same place, with the same thinking, that anything happens because of god...and they purposely go out of their way and do certain things to please god.

you don't even need to look at science or come up with deep and meaningful explanation to say what the bible is 'really' saying. ive showed that a bush can catch on fire without the hand of god. i showed that people in those times would have attributed that circumstance to god. tribes still have that way of thinking today, because they live so isolated from the rest of the world. all im saying is think. think a little bit more. your last post was pretty lame...''oh no how can you say god isnt real, he clearly is, please you've got to believe me''...it was something like that. think about what you read in the bible, and think about how 'true' it can be. if it turns out it could be false, it doesnt mean the people of that time were 'lying', it merely means they understand nothing else, and the only way to explain many things was 'god'.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
People have been against Christianity since...well...Christ.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by saint4God]

LOL ... Christianity was developed long after Christ lived ..

He predicted it would rise up and he warned against following it ....
(worship of the creation over the creator)

If you truly believe in Christ, you will repent, and abandon those who perch in the place of Christ .... aka, christianity ... Nuff said ...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
shawnee are you going to back that up, maybe referrence some book and quote Christ?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
what happened to god? specifically the christian one. all these people wrote about this god, miracles during jesus' time, all these predictions and prophecies that are supposedly coming true now, and other stories about floods, plagues and creation. then someone put all this together and called it 'the bible', also known as 'the gospel'...may as well have called it 'the truth'. anyways, god seemed to be around a lot to begin with, even his kid was walking on earth, performing all these miracles and so on. god even spoke to a few people, set a bush on fire, turn a stick in to a serpent and so on.

its a shame he isn't still around so we could get 'proof'. by that i mean actual physical proof. not a story or some writing...but proof. some photographs perhaps, or some footage of adam and eve in the garden of eden, god took all that time to create the universe and couldn't even come up with a video camera. so, yeah... i know people say they talk to god etc, yet he's not a frequent visitor as the bible would have us believe he was a few thousand years back. whats the deal?

It would be awsome if Christ was still around like you had mentioned. The problem with that would be that He wouldn't survive that long due to the lack of information and just pure rejection of God. That's what happened the first time when the earth rejected Him. He was crucified. It was because God gave us Free Will and we decided to kill him. It's sad but true.

I have often wondered about this exact thing. If Christ were to come and walk on this earth and start preforming miracles in His name what would happen. We would think He is a crazy man and we would lock Him up. Even though 2000 years has gone by and Christianity has been strengthend around the world so has the rejection.

The Deal of the spirit of God whom was in Jesus Christ at one time was left behind for the believers and non believers alike. That same spirit was imparted to the world and we know that spirit as being The Holy Spirit. He as the Bible states comes as a gentlmen and never forces His way upon anyone. He comes to us when the time is ready. Usually when we have an open heart and a desire to follow God. This same Spirit Heals the sick, Protects, Prospers, Gives Peace, Wisdom and Knowledge and so much more.

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Hbr 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Truth

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I've skipped a few pages in between but is'nt the anti-christian conspiracy really about banning of prayers in schools and taking bibles away from hospitals rather than what people think here, would prefer those examples.
Even the prophet mohamad said Christ was just a man and never died on the cross but got married. i wonder who told him that.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
there is much more then what you have mentioned, but all of it together is only the outward manifestation of the problem within.
symptoms of the disease.
signs of the conspiracy.

As for what muhammed thinks....
Who cares? It has not bearing on christianity. The bible says that mo is of the spirit of the antichrist because he denies the gospel of christ. In other words, mo is just another part of the conspriacy

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The birth of "Classical" Christianity is generally recognised to have been the result of the 1st Council of Nicea. Many who consider themselves faithful to the original teachings of 'Jesus', believe this to be the breakpoint at which the true faith was hijacked & subverted for the purposes of the Roman empire:

www.newadvent.org...

The major problem with Christianity is that 'Jesus' expressly admonished worship of himself in the New Testament. His directive was always to honor, glorify and worship God, and he distinguished the difference between himself & God on numerous occasions throughout the Gospels.
Here is just one:

He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. John 12:44-45

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
and this one

Joh 12:23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

and these

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.

Joh 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

Jesus always glorified God. He passes it on to God. Many came and fell and worshiped at Jesus' feet.

Finally, check this out

Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever.

The problem you see with christianity, is actually the heart of christianity.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Well then, perhaps the problem is that many people mistakenly take out their frustration, disdain, and general abhorrence at the blasphemy which is often referred to as "Churchianity" or "Paulianity", on really nice people who are trying to follow a good, pure spiritual path, lighted by the teachings of the one known commonly as Jesus the Christ. I say this because I don't think anyone could actually find fault with the literal teachings of Jesus, if they were, in any way, or trying to be, a "good" person. What many people reject is the real foundation, hypocrisy & commercialization of the RELIGION, not the philosophy in and of itself. Many people also tend to react poorly to passionate, litanous regurgitations of scripture to prove points, or communicate dogmatic lessons to the "lost". Quoting biblical text proves little if the recipient distrusts the source material due to their experience & knowledge gained by studying historical records (both ancient & current), and dealings with their fellow man.

Therefore, I don't see an Anti-Christian Conspiracy (on this site anyway), however there is a notable anti-Christian Religion contingent (along with a few Anti-others) present in force.

Yours in Truth

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

i dont think its the fact that people lied. you need to understand one very important thing about humans 2000 or more years ago. in most cases your knowledge went as far as folk tales, legends, how to look after animals, how to grow crops and this was all passed down generation to generation. as far as reading scripture, let alone writing it, not many were skilled enough in that area. now that you understand a little more about the way people thought and acted in those times its easy to see why many created gods.

Thank you for explaining that to me; it's nice to know there is someone posting here who was around 2,000 years ago to fill us in on the details.
Are you a scholar on ancient history and ancient cultures? Where do you come by your information?

you assume that when the bush caught fire that it was caused by god. this is a person in the 21st century, that attributes bushes catching fire to god, on the bases that it is written down in a book. the thing is there are many ways this could happen naturally. for example lightning if it hits a tree can set it alight...this 2000 years ago would be called an 'act of god'...

Well, where do you think lightning comes from? Also, the scripture says that the bush burned for a long, long time without being consumed by the fire and that God "spoke to Moses from out of the burning bush"; try to explain that as a natural occurance in nature.

you don't even need to look at science or come up with deep and meaningful explanation to say what the bible is 'really' saying. ive showed that a bush can catch on fire without the hand of god. i showed that people in those times would have attributed that circumstance to god. tribes still have that way of thinking today, because they live so isolated from the rest of the world. all im saying is think.

Your suggestions really begs the question: have you ever read the book that you are bashing, and then taken your own advice, to think about it.
You are so eager and ready to condemn a faith and belief system that has survived 2,000 years of oppression and persecution and which still exists, as accessable and ALIVE as it has ever been; Christianity is not about the book, though, so much as it is about the person of Jesus Christ and his atoning on the cross for your sins and mine. Like the old saying goes, "dont knock it 'til you've tried it."

20 `Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 21 `He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. `
Revelations 3:20-21

[edit on 7/15/2005 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

what happened to god? specifically the christian one.

Still there.

god even spoke to a few people,

Still does.

its a shame he isn't still around so we could get 'proof'.

Still can.

by that i mean actual physical proof. not a story or some writing...but proof. some photographs perhaps,

Photograph? You'd believe a photograph?

or some footage of adam and eve in the garden of eden, god took all that time to create the universe and couldn't even come up with a video camera.

Oh video, so much more believable.

so, yeah... i know people say they talk to god etc, yet he's not a frequent visitor as the bible would have us believe he was a few thousand years back. whats the deal?

The deal is some people have their nose so buried in history and the books that they forget to look up. Cynics attack the 'errors' of the Bible to prove there's no God right now. Christians go on the defensive defending the Bible, sometimes forgetting to relate their experiences and what's happening right now.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
"dont knock it 'til you've tried it."

i have. for the first 10 years of my school life we'd say prayers, do the church thing, even went to a youth group that was run by the church. however, i never in a million years had any experience that made me think 'what was that' or 'there is a god'. the reason i don't believe in god now is because the bible seems to me to be full of incoherant words of man. there also are so many other religions that its just laughable that all could be right. christians say their religion is the one true faith...so i guess the other 4 billion or so religious people are making up their stories.

have you ever read the book that you are bashing

yes i have, and if i hadn't have read it i wouldn't be bashing it, because i wouldn't know that it was full of such errors and incoherant laughable words of man.

Well, where do you think lightning comes from? Also, the scripture says that the bush burned for a long, long tinme without being consumed by the fire and that God "spoke to Moses from out of the burning bush; try to explain that as a natural occurance in nature.

you speak as though you were standing there watching the bush burn and god talking to moses. you were not, and proof of this ever happening is almost zero. as for the bush being on fire, yes lightning does strike bushes and trees and make them catch fire. the continuous burning of the bush shows this is a myth and nothing more, as it is a prima facie, just a simple element to show more devinity and power on god's behalf.

Originally posted by saint4God
Oh video, so much more believable.

too right. people still won't believe in the moon landing even though there's a video, so what amount of proof is actually needed to prove something.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

too right. people still won't believe in the moon landing even though there's a video, so what amount of proof is actually needed to prove something.

Good! I'm glad we're on the level here. Here it is: experience. If you do not personally experience it, then how can you say God or the moon landing is real? Otherwise, you're just going by someone's word or photos which also may or may not be real. So, either trust that both God exists and the moon landing happened, or trust neither happened and go get that proof. I can say though, after believing in God, one learns to trust in more things that validate as opposed to the 'nothing is real' mindset.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join