It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Those that think the Bible is the "literal word of God, etc" are living in a utopian world that does not exist within this dimension!!!

Utopian...I guess the Christian translation of that word is heaven?
I know that's what I've got my eyes on.

Please ladies and gals. The Bible is a great tool, but to think you are just reading the writings of God takes a little growing up in spirituality. I have even yet to find two different published Bibles that even have the same translation!!!

GOD gives the man the cognitive ability.

How about the New International Version and King James for starters. Remembering of course "Thou" in KJ is "You" in modern english. I think you'll see a close match on a side-by-side. Throw some "massive differences" out here and we can discuss, possibly checking out some other translations as well.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I couldn't have said it better about the Bible.

Many don't seem to realize or think that once man gets hold of anything the "ballgame" changes.

Those that think the Bible is the "literal word of God, etc" are living in a utopian world that does not exist within this dimension!!!

Please ladies and gals. The Bible is a great tool, but to think you are just reading the writings of God takes a little growing up in spirituality. I have even yet to find two different published Bibles that even have the same translation!!!

You must not be looking hard, bc ive found two different published Bibles that have the same translation
GOD gives the man the cognitive ability.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Utopian...I guess the Christian translation of that word is heaven? I know that's what I've got my eyes on.

Ya got that right, my friend, saint. By the way I saw another of those Baptist's preachers picture in the paper this morn. He spoke of GOD's love by asking others to pull their children out of school that accepted homosexuality. Of course, he was smilin', lol.

By the way, if anyone wants some good Christian children's books I would suggest those written by Roxie "Tootsie" Gibson. A close friend of mine, and GOD. She truly writes of GOD's love, and is an outstanding Christian.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Throw some "massive differences" out here and we can discuss, possibly checking out some other translations as well.

I'm not talking massive differences, my friend. However, when I hear or read someone say that GOD surely can have man translate his word, etc. it makes me wonder about the man aspect.

Surely, everyone should know by now how through the generations, ages, eons, or whatever interpretations get changed to make the story fit. It goes back to my question of Jesus saying, "Go through me", or "God with me." That gives a lot of leeway. I'm not saying that in itself is bad. At least, with that statement.

Heck, at times two of them thar preachermen can't agree on what was the intent of some of the Bible.

However, kings, bishops, MEN, are the ones who have written the Bible. I'm sure what you and I experienced was perhaps explained in the way WE could understand it.

"Beware the teachings of man, and beware the teachings of the Church."

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
You picture God as a far off, quiet, never get involved hobby.

I know God is active, present, powerful.

That is the difference.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Ok First off, Everybody near enough knew Jesus. Jesus told them he was a King, a King of all Kings. He also said he was the son of the Messiah. Jesus drew people to him (he was populor) Mary was with him whilst he was on the cross, so if she was there, i don't think Mary would have let him stayed up there. Plus after the Romans crucified Jesus they realised that what they had done was wrong. So basically they let Mary take the body down and move it into a tomb. (doesnt have to be nearby, how do the people know who wrote this where the tomb is anyway)

As you can see i dont believe what has been said, sorry!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Ya got that right, my friend, saint. By the way I saw another of those Baptist's preachers picture in the paper this morn. He spoke of GOD's love by asking others to pull their children out of school that accepted homosexuality. Of course, he was smilin', lol.

That's kind of an insult to parents, isn't it? I mean, if you cannot talk to your children about these things, then what's going to happen when they go to college? The only reasons I'd pull my kid outta school is for lousy teaching and violent crimes against them. That is to say, if I have a choice. I recognize it's a convenience not everyone has.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

You picture God as a far off, quiet, never get involved hobby.

I know God is active, present, powerful.

That is the difference.

Well Jake, again one is far off course. GOD is very involved. He is teaching those that will not ignore him. He is teaching the proper way. GOD continually is teaching. He is sending many out to do his calling. I AM one. Careful about judgement, my friend. It can get one into all kinds of trouble.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

That's kind of an insult to parents, isn't it? I mean, if you cannot talk to your children about these things, then what's going to happen when they go to college?

Right you are saint. It is not only an insult to parents, but also true Christians. He had the typical half mad look on his face.

By the way. I finally plunked down my 80 cents a day for the "Christian Children's Fund". Have you seen their commercial with the Santa Claus looking dude? Can't resist that.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fisha05
Mary was with him whilst he was on the cross, so if she was there, i don't think Mary would have let him stayed up there.

I don't thnig Mary could over-power them. Also, people were not given quite the same freedoms to be heard as they do today. Finally, she knew he was God's son, knew He had a purpose, and knew it was part of His plan.

Originally posted by Fisha05
Plus after the Romans crucified Jesus they realised that what they had done was wrong. So basically they let Mary take the body down and move it into a tomb. (doesnt have to be nearby, how do the people know who wrote this where the tomb is anyway)

As you can see i dont believe what has been said, sorry!

Joseph of Arimethia (a rich man fromt the north) was the one who paid to have Jesus' body placed in a tomb (Matthew 27:57). Mary was able to help prepare the body as his earthy mother. The Tomb was on Joseph's grounds with Roman guards. The guards were there to ensure they were not blamed for any desecration that could start a revolt. This is why, I think, the disciples ran to the tomb after, because they probably thought it was looted/vandalized and were going to be quite upset about it with the Roman authority.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

By the way. I finally plunked down my 80 cents a day for the "Christian Children's Fund". Have you seen their commercial with the Santa Claus looking dude? Can't resist that.

Awesome, simply awesome.

For those looking for the link: www.christianchildrensfund.org...

Excerpt from www.interaction.org...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CCF arranged for a powerful rotary drill to be built in Pennsylvania in 2000, and by March 2001 the "big rig" was on the job in Kenya.

By working with communities, CCF has improved local economies, reduced hunger, raised school attendance and, perhaps best of all, averted future disasters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May love, faith, and hope be with you always,
God bless.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
madman..

If that was judgment, then get use to it.

NOw if you believe God is active, real, powerful, aware... then why do you believe he cant protect his own bible from mere man?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'll throw one out here for cannon (canon?
) fodder:

God is powerful enough to protect his word from the corruption of man but just doesn't see it as worth the trouble. After all, if the Great It really wanted everyone to believe and worship exactly the same, then that would be no trouble for God, at all.

It's really just humans, and it's a very human characteristic, that makes us argue over who is right or wrong when it comes to God. God is probably having a great chuckle over it!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

NOw if you believe God is active, real, powerful, aware... then why do you believe he cant protect his own bible from mere man?

Mere man? Not giving oneself much credit, eh?

The same reason he doesn't protect his children from disaster. He wants us to experience, and figure it out for ourselves.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Mere man? Not giving oneself much credit, eh?

Hehe
, you think you can take on God?

The same reason he doesn't protect his children from disaster. He wants us to experience, and figure it out for ourselves.

I see where you're coming from, but I'd like to propose a challenge for you and Al. Test the Word. Do as it says and see if it works. Let me know what the result is, I'm very interested in the follow-up. We can compare notes of the experiment.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Hehe , you think you can take on God?

Nope, never said I could or that man could. However, anyone who uses the word "mere" man I don't think is giving the species much credit. Merely a part of GOD?

As far as the word-Try to do it everyday. Also, however I try to get individuals to open their minds. There is much to learn, and those that limit themselves are doing exactly what GOD did not want them to do.

Whose word should I follow? GOD, Emperor Constatine, King James, Mohammed, Confucious(that's probably for me-confused, lol). Those who wonder if I worry about my judgement day-no. I accept Jesus Christ as my savior who died on the cross for my sins. Jesus Christ-son of GOD, son of man. My brother and yours.

There is never anything wrong with questioning. If one does not question one becomes stagnant in growth. This includes ALL aspects of life. Question GOD, sure!! I might not get the answer I want, but hey that is what it is all about.

There are now over 4,000 different denominations of Christianity. Which one of these denomination's word should I follow? Seems everytime someone doesn't like something in the Bible they start a new denomination. I mean can I listen to music in Church, dance, etc?

The word? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Purty simple. OH YEA-GOD loves you no matter what your skin color, your "religion"(I dispise the word), sexual orientation and on and on and on and on.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
though I can't agree in totale, it sounds like foundationally you've got a freshingly centered viewpoint so
to that. Now if only I can squelch those ugly misconceptions about the Bible and church

I believe the problem with the Bible is a knee-jerk reaction we have as skeptics and self-aligned individuals. Yes, there are parts of the Bible than can make a person uncomfortable, which is why it's the Word of God and not a pillow, but if a person reads it, learns it, understands it and apply it, they soon come to the realization that the 'my' way is nowhere near the excellence of His way.

As far as denominations go, I say "pick one". You may be surprised to find the variances are not as great as non-Christians here make them out to be. I myself am a Protapresbymethobaptist. Anyhow, I tended to follow the teacher. When they left, I usually did because the new one didn't activate me in a way that moved me forward. Currently I'm fortunate to have found a wealth of leadership in one church, so I think I'll be sticking around for a while. They've got me busy!

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yes in fact true, that the Christian denomination does have some tiny small differences between all of the different theologies. But they still agree together on the real things that matter. Like Salvation, Babtism, Trinity, Holy Spirit, God, Jesus etc.......

When it come to the" Do's and Don'ts" of these different doctrines within the church-Don't let this confuse you. They are only trying to help keep their flock out of trouble.

Example: Some believe and teach that a christian can't drink ?

Is that what the word of God says ? No !

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

I believe most churches stance on this is that it is better not to drink at all than to drink and get drunk and compromise your walk with God. It can get you to do foolish things, but a christian drunk will surely turn others off to Christ.

So with that I hope that I made that a little more clear !

Truth !

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
heres a few more verses for consideration

1Ti 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Luk 7:33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.
Luk 7:34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!
Luk 7:35 But wisdom is justified of all her children.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
When it come to the do's and dont's we need to read the Word for ourselves and then let the Spirit of God intervene on our behalf.

If you feel that the Spirit is telling you not to Example: (drink.) It's better to listen to the spirit of truth than to compromise your actions for another or for a church.

Truth-

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join