It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Not everyone who claims the title of christian is a christian.

Christians become justified at salvation and are continually being sanctified the remainder of there days on earth or until Christ returns.

The role model for Christianity is Jesus Christ, not anyone else.

Just to throw this out there. The problems of this world have become too many and are too big for mankind to solve. It's ok for christians to be in offices of authority but morality cannot be legislated. Christ alone changes a person's heart.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Those who think morality can be legislated are living in utopia.

Anytime something is made "illegal" by the government it just opens up another area for the black marketeers thus creating more problems.

Christ watches closely who uses his name to promote their agenda.

It's like yesterday's happening in the Senate when the voices of reason took over to preserve our government, and keep the majority from trampeling over the minority. Jesus doesn't like mob rule.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Not everyone who claims the title of christian is a christian.

Christians become justified at salvation and are continually being sanctified the remainder of there days on earth or until Christ returns.

Just to throw this out there. The problems of this world have become too many and are too big for mankind to solve. It's ok for christians to be in offices of authority but morality cannot be legislated. Christ alone changes a person's heart.

Although I do not believe that many in this website will see the wisdom in that post, it is way above.

That last sentence is pure unadulterated gospel.

Too bad I dont have any way above's left

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Those

It's like yesterday's happening in the Senate when the voices of reason took over to preserve our government, and keep the majority from trampeling over the minority. Jesus doesn't like mob rule.

hang on, what, thats just amazing, you know i was just having this argument with osama,
he was saying mohammed hated democrocy more and i was say jesus hated democrocy more,
but madman, you've settled it for us, thanks so much

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Thanks dbrandt, well said.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Apparently certain individuals need to take a step back, and consider the ramifications of what could have been the beginning of one party rule in this country. One needs to remember that any nation that has been ruled by one and one party only has created nothing but turmoil, war, poverty, etc. for it's citizens.

If one does not understand the protection of the minority from the majority I suspect a good civics or government class in due. The reason the "Bill of Rights" was included into the Constitution was for protection of the minority from the majority.

Mob rule was prevalent in the deep south until the mid 60s when people who were not of the white race were lynched by people carrying the "cross". Also, back in the '30s and '40s one country was ruled by a single party and the mob did their best to exterminate an entire race of people. Solely on the rantings of a "madman".

One day the shoe will be on the other foot in Congress and many will be happy that the events of yesterday took place. The true winners were the American people, and God. There were no losers.

This website does have a motto of "Deny Ignorance".

One of the major reasons our country is in such turmoil today is not only the inability or unwillingness to compromise, but the failure of it's people to stay informed. If more would follow and comprehend what is happening in our gov't daily, and less concerned on who survived "Survivor" this week we would all be better off and headed in the right direction.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

[edit on 24-5-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Christ alone changes a person's heart.

You have voted dbrandt for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Even Catholics believe and understand what you have said dbrandt. The way you have stated this is so simple and yet says it all.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Why are so many people soo anti christian?

This is what I see. I see threads about many different subjects. Hundreds of subjects. In politics things get heated. On sports teams things get heated.
But when it comes to christianity....

I see hatred, dripping wet with venom. Why? This is not a 'hate christ' forum. Christianity is not the largest religion, nor does it have the worst human rights record in the media...it has nothing that should put it at the top of your hate list.

1.) Why do so many here feel the need to continually make topics bashing the beliefs of christians....when the topic is clearly not conspiracy related??

2.) Why do people feel the need to bust in on a topic and hijack/change it by attacking a person or their beliefs, posting the christian POV on that topic?
(look at seapeoples post history for an example)

3.) Doesnt the sheer weight of the trend in this forum show you that there is clearly some larger movement , possibly lead by a conspiracy, ...whos goal is anti-christian?

It should be THAT obvious. How can you miss it?

This is the first post on this thread. When I made this post I was still fairly new. As the thread meandered onto different subjects I lost track of the focus. In fact, I completely forgot about this post. Looking at it now, after participating more in the boards, it is more truth then ever.

The conspiracy of course is not by the administration of the board.
It is not by the US government
It is not by the UN.
It is by principalities and powers.

I have seen several new 'translations' of the bible come out in the last 6 months.

The one supported by the Arch Bishop of Centerbury says that you all should get a partner and have sex so you dont get sexually frustrated.
Another says God is is female and Jesus was named Judith.

What I havnt noticed is a new quran or new Hindu writing, or budhist, confucist....that reverses their beliefs.
Why?
Because those principalities and powers are happy with your following of that stuff. It is only trying to stamp out Christ.

If the world loves it, its probably not from God.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I have seen several new 'translations' of the bible come out in the last 6 months.

The one supported by the Arch Bishop of Centerbury says that you all should get a partner and have sex so you dont get sexually frustrated.

You've caught my interest on this one. Do you know what the translations are called? Are they sold at my local Family Christian Store? C'mon jake, tell me more!

By the way all, I'm a big fan of the New International Version. It was translated by over 200 scholars from original Hebrew and Greek texts. I've talked with some who could actually read the Hebrew or Greek and it seems to be a pretty tight fit.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I originally started a thread on the Judith Christ version of the Gospels in this forum. However, the mod did not consider it to be conspiracy related and moved it to BTS. That did not bother me, as the mod of this board has every right to interpret conspiracy as he sees fit.

But I still feel that this is part of the anti-Christian conspiracy to discredit Christ and the Bible. I do not, and hopefully will never, attack another person on this board or their beliefs. Everyone has the right to be heard without being belittled for their beliefs. However, I will challenge their beliefs as I expect my beliefs to be challenged.

Challenging beliefs, IMHO, does two things. First, it gives the person who is challenged an opportunity to enlighten others. Second, it gives that same person a chance to examine their own beliefs.

From KJV
2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Even God's Word says Deny Ignorance!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

From KJV
2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Even God's Word says Deny Ignorance!

And da people in da house said "aaaaamen!"

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

And da people in da house said "aaaaamen!"

As long as they truly understand what the amen is about!!!!!!!!! I've never thought about this-amen, is that short for "all men" or does it have some true connotation?

I know saint would know from his readings.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
madman, this is my understanding, and I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong. The word amen was said at the end of prayers to indicate "I agree." Typically it is used during many church services by different members of the congregation whenever the pastor says something that they heartily agree with, or that they consider to be a major truth. Kinda like the ol thumbs up.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
New Bible translation promotes fornication

Archbiship of Centerbury approves new bible.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

New bible shows God and Christ as female
biz.yahoo.com...

It really shows the ignorance of the bible and culture of the day by those who say this works.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

New Bible translation promotes fornication

Archbiship of Centerbury approves new bible.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Oh! I get what they're talking about now. When Paul spoke about marriage, he said that one should not deprive the other, than in order for there to be no sex, both should agree there should be no sex. This is advice, not a commandment by Jesus. Paul was asked for a lot of advice to solve problems within churches. The fornication bit sounds like media spin to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I got out of the article. What else is 'new' about this Bible? Did they really mis-translate it? More questions, little answers in the article.

New bible shows God and Christ as female
biz.yahoo.com...

It really shows the ignorance of the bible and culture of the day by those who say this works.

I agree this one is screwed up. Now, if you calll Jesus by a different name because of language, I'm sure He'd understand but to switch genders is changing the facts. In addition, where it says "first born" no longer has any significance according to the Old Testament meanings of "first born son". That's my take, but would like to hear more perspectives as well.

Nice work Jake! A great researcher can always reveal sources.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Lets look at the ones from the site

MAT 1:4
KJV
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins."

New: "John, nicknamed 'The Dipper,' was 'The Voice.' He was in the desert, inviting people to be dipped, to show they were determined to change their ways and wanted to be forgiven."

Since this baptism is symbolic of another, how will the change in terminology affect that?

Mark 1:10-11

Authorized version: "And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him. And there came a voice from the heaven saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

New: "As he was climbing up the bank again, the sun shone through a gap in the clouds. At the same time a pigeon flew down and perched on him. Jesus took this as a sign that God's spirit was with him. A voice from overhead was heard saying, 'That's my boy! You're doing fine!'"

The Dove is the symbol of the Holy Spirit. That aside... look at the new

"Jesus took that as a sign" ??????!!!!!!!
This removes the factualness of God showing that the Holy Spirit is in Jesus and then removes Jesus as being the Son of God
"Thats my boy". Thats something you could say to anyone younger than you.

Matthew 23:25

Authorized version: "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!"

New version: "Take a running jump, Holy Joes, humbugs!"

It went from warning of 'woe' to the sentence of 'take a running jump'. I think the woe is bigger than that. Its about the lake of fire.

1 Corinthians 7:1-2

KJV: "Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: [It is] good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, [to avoid] fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."

New: "Some of you think the best way to cope with sex is for men and women to keep right away from each other. That is more likely to lead to sexual offences. My advice is for everyone to have a regular partner."

Marriage is removed. A 'regular partner' is the replacement for the spouse.

1 Corinthians 7:8-7

KJV: "I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn."

New: "If you know you have strong needs, get yourself a partner. Better than being frustrated."

This is not Gods word at all. This is satans word. It is part of his work.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
How can one be so certain of the strict interpretation of the Bible? While I hardly agree with what I have read here it seems one listens to the controlling church.

I know one could never change your mind, but if you sat down on the bus would you recognize GOD sitting next to you? I loved that song and it's meaning.

By the way, GOD is neither male or female. "He" is an entity. Just as some call the part of GOD "mother" while they refer to nature.

Of course, Jesus was the son of man. You are also.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
madman,

I know I have the right interpretation on those things because I have not interpreted it. I took God at face value.... no interpretation needed.

If He didnt mean what He said, then why didnt he say what He meant?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yes obviously there is a Anti-Christian conspiracy,there are many people having these "new translations" made and they are secretly taking verses out like the NIV version. Also this government has had many anti-christian changes,the 10 commandments taken from that court house and the judge who was fired for defending it.

Matthew 5:11 - Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by TheApocalypse]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
that version IS screwed up too. If the article had more quotes like you have, it would've been a much more credible source. Kudos!
'

Marriage then, did not mean a regular partner, I agree. So that's totally messed up.

The rest of it sounds like it's out of a comic book for 8 year olds called, "You can understand God too!" or something. Even still, some 8 year olds understand the idea of God and heaven then a lot of us adults (and that's Biblical). I can quote if anyone needs the source of that.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join