It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snowman9
A chritian is someone who follows Jesus teachings. That means that they are open minded and full of love and compasion and forgivness.

o·pen-mind·ed (pn-mndd)
adj.
Having or showing receptiveness to new and different ideas or the opinions of others. See Synonyms at broad-minded.

Could you please give more info on your idea of the open-mindedness of Jesus?

Jesus is God and He is who He is. By saying He was open-minded you open up the door to make Him into who you want Him to be and not who He really is.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Jake’s favourite line on ATS is to scream that anyone anti-Christian hates them. He has his own hate issues as he certainly has no compunction to showing his rejection of other faiths:

I have to say. You seem to be right.

He was responding to saint, not me.

So now rejection of a different religion = hate?

What is this? The Mandatory snowman interfaith all must believe or you are a hate monger religion?

You are really making me wonder what you mean when you say you were a christian

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

If people did what Jesus taught, everyone would love CHristians. The problem is a lot of Christians dont. They are hypocrites. Also they are ignorent and hateful. When Jesus taught Love and understanding.

Jesus is God. God told the men who wrote the Bible what He(God) wanted in it. So the whole Bible is what God says and what He wants us to learn. Not just the 4 gospels.

You are limiting what Jesus says to the 4 gospels. He said alot in the gospels but said the whole Bible.

Could you also point out some examples of the love and understanding of Jesus? I would like to see your interpretation and how it compares with mine. Thanks

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
No you I think you should worship what makes you feel at peace.
If you are a Christian than that is great. Im happy for you.

Open minded Jesus. He was open to his brothers and enimies.
His followers where average people. He consorted with Lepers, Whores. It did not matter to him. That was radical at that time.

Ever heard of the good semeritan. That means love thy enemy. (Ver Radical, Even for Today)

Jesus was for acceptance and love. He had a open mind that we are all diffrent. Not the same. He was open to Paul, who was a murder. He was very open minded.

Ever wonder what the Devil tempted him with?
I wonder too, sometimes I think it was power.
Every other messiah that came before him went to war. Jesus did not take that rout. He did something that had never been done before. He went peacfully. Other Messiah's went to war.

His teachings where radical at the time.

I look at the whole Bilbe to and Jesus was formost a Jew and upheld jewish laws. Jesus though was a huminast.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Snowman9]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What is this? The Mandatory snowman interfaith all must believe or you are a hate monger religion? Your igonorance is scary

You are really making me wonder what you mean when you say you were a christian (Posted By Jake1997)

Because I do not share your views, that would make me less of a Christian in your eyes. (Even though I no longer am)
If being a Christian means to share your views, then Im glad I dont share your same faith.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

His followers where average people. He consorted with Lepers,

In the Old Testament God said lepers must be put outside the camp. They could not live with the rest of the people. Leprosy was also contagious. It could spread through all the people. A leper was to live alone and he couldn't come to the tabernacle. If someone came within a certain distance of a leper they were to cry out "unclean" so the other person would know they were there and wouldn't come any closer. Lepers knew what loneliness really was.

God, in the Bible, also uses leprosy as a symbolic means for sin. Leprsoy is destructive to a person, so is sin. Lepers came to Jesus to be healed, and guess what He healed them of this disease. They no longer had to suffer from it. They no longer had to stay away from others and be lonely. They no longer had to stay away from the tabernacle and God.

So leprosy also describes sin. Jesus came to heal the sin disease of man. We no longer have to be seperated from God because of our sin. We no longer will have to face the eternal seperation from God in hell because of our sin and face eternal everlasting loneliness. Because of Jesus' sacrifice we can be healed of our sin "leprosy" if we want to be healed like a leper. We no longer are "unclean".

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Jesus was open minded as far as what?
Lets look at open minded Jesus

The preists were telling him he was not the messiah

Joh 8:39 They answered him, "Abraham is our father." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would be doing what Abraham did,
Joh 8:40 but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did.
Joh 8:41 You are doing what your father did." They said to him, "We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father--even God."
Joh 8:42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.
Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Then he told them ...the priests..that they dont even know God
Joh 8:47 Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God."

Jesus called peter satan on two occasions

jesus called out the samaratin woman about her sin

Joh 4:17 The woman answered him, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You are right in saying, 'I have no husband';
Joh 4:18 for you have had five husbands, and the one you now have is not your husband. What you have said is true."

Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

John got in on it too

Now check out this one

Mat 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
Mat 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Mat 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zechariah son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Whoa
He is not just pinning their own sin...but the sin of history too is being pinned on them.

Jesus was forgiving, but you have to repent
Jesus accepted only those who repented.

So what does God say about NON believers?

1Ti 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
1Ti 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

The law is made for them

and paul goes on to say

1Ti 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

He repented. Jesus did NOT accept Paul. He CHANGED him.

So no. Jesus is not open minded and wont accept the fakes who merely carry the label

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

His followers where average people. He consorted with Lepers,

In the Old Testament God said lepers must be put outside the camp. They could not live with the rest of the people. Leprosy was also contagious. It could spread through all the people. A leper was to live alone and he couldn't come to the tabernacle. If someone came within a certain distance of a leper they were to cry out "unclean" so the other person would know they were there and wouldn't come any closer. Lepers knew what loneliness really was.

God, in the Bible, also uses leprosy as a symbolic means for sin. Leprsoy is destructive to a person, so is sin. Lepers came to Jesus to be healed, and guess what He healed them of this disease. They no longer had to suffer from it. They no longer had to stay away from others and be lonely. They no longer had to stay away from the tabernacle and God.

So leprosy also describes sin. Jesus came to heal the sin disease of man. We no longer have to be seperated from God because of our sin. We no longer will have to face the eternal seperation from God in hell because of our sin and face eternal everlasting loneliness. Because of Jesus' sacrifice we can be healed of our sin "leprosy" if we want to be healed like a leper. We no longer are "unclean".

Exactly. At the time though, this was very radical. He was open to everyone even the Sameritans. That is why the Jewish faith eneded yp being spread to the Gentials like you and me, because of love and compasion and understanding.

Radical people change the world.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I would love to know where this idea came from that Jesus was an interfaith savior.

Where does the idea come from that all religions are good and that all people worship the same God?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

His followers where average people. He consorted with Lepers, Whores. It did not matter to him. That was radical at that time.

Jesus had a "whore" brought to Him. The law demanded she should be put to death for her sin. Sin brings death. Jesus spared her life, and pardoned her sin, but He told her to quit having unlawful sex.

He went to sinners so that they could hear why He came, to forgive sins and then they could "go and sin no more."

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Jesus was open minded as far as what?
Lets look at open minded Jesus

The preists were telling him he was not the messiah

Joh 8:39 They answered him, "Abraham is our father." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would be doing what Abraham did,
Joh 8:40 but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did.
Joh 8:41 You are doing what your father did." They said to him, "We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father--even God."
Joh 8:42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.
Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Then he told them ...the priests..that they dont even know God
Joh 8:47 Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God."

Jesus called peter satan on two occasions

jesus called out the samaratin woman about her sin

Joh 4:17 The woman answered him, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You are right in saying, 'I have no husband';
Joh 4:18 for you have had five husbands, and the one you now have is not your husband. What you have said is true."

Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

John got in on it too

Now check out this one

Mat 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
Mat 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Mat 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zechariah son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Whoa
He is not just pinning their own sin...but the sin of history too is being pinned on them.

Jesus was forgiving, but you have to repent
Jesus accepted only those who repented.

So what does God say about NON believers?

1Ti 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
1Ti 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

The law is made for them

and paul goes on to say

1Ti 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

He repented. Jesus did NOT accept Paul. He CHANGED him.

So no. Jesus is not open minded and wont accept the fakes who merely carry the label

See your Idea of Jesus and mine are diffrent , very diffrent. I think of Jesus being loving and compasinate, knowing that we all sin. Even you Jake1997.
He was open to everyone and offered forgivness. He loved the sinner and hated the sin. Big diffrence there, a lot of people do not practice that anymore. Most practice hate the sin and hate the sinner. No love and compasion. Just fear and hate.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Jesus had a "whore" brought to Him. The law demanded she should be put to death for her sin. Sin brings death. Jesus spared her life, and pardoned her sin, but He told her to quit having unlawful sex.

He went to sinners so that they could hear why He came, to forgive sins and then they could "go and sin no more."

He loved the sinners and hated the sin. He knew what was best for people and sin was not in mans intrest. It hursts man.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Exactly. At the time though, this was very radical. He was open to everyone even the Sameritans. That is why the Jewish faith eneded yp being spread to the Gentials like you and me, because of love and compasion and understanding.

Radical people change the world.

The Jewish faith was to live by the law and never break one and you were OK. That's not possible. A different faith was spread, Christ Jesus died for sin. This acceptance changes you. Not only are personal sins forgiven but our thinking is able to be changed also. We can see sin as wrong and say no to it.

I agree Jesus had love, compassion and understanding. He saw the predicament mankind was in and solved our seperation problem from God.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

He was open to everyone and offered forgivness. He loved the sinner and hated the sin. Big diffrence there, a lot of people do not practice that anymore.

See that is the difference. I KNOW that Jesus did both. I know that Jesus forgives sins, even today. I know that he hates sin. I know that he was not open minded to those that did not repent
I know that anyone who does not serve Christ is serving satan. Jesus said so.
Thats the difference ya know

I believe Jesus's words
You believe your own idea or the idea taught to you by someone else.

Read the bible. Thats the only way

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

He loved the sinners and hated the sin. He knew what was best for people and sin was not in mans intrest. It hursts man.

He also expected the woman caught in adultery to quit sinning. So where are you disagreeing with the Jesus we are presenting?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I look at the whole Bilbe to and Jesus was formost a Jew and upheld jewish laws. Jesus though was a huminast.

This may sound nitpicky but I don't mean it as such. Jesus was foremost God's sacrifice for the sin of mankind.

What do you mean Jesus was a humanist?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

He also expected the woman caught in adultery to quit sinning. So where are you disagreeing with the Jesus we are presenting?

No I dont disagree. He gave her a chance and he will forgive her. He was open minded enopugh not to just have her stoned.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

This may sound nitpicky but I don't mean it as such. Jesus was foremost God's sacrifice for the sin of mankind.

What do you mean Jesus was a humanist?

All men and women together. Gential and Jew.

How do you treat a child? With compassion and love.
Jesus does the same for Man. Jesus wanted to better mankind.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Seems to me you are missing things eternally. God is there for us if we choose to accept him or Jesus Christ..its not I feel up to you or others to decide that if negative beliefs and negative critisisms are upheld by others.

It's up to you. Its up to others to believe or disbelive; to follow Christ's teachings or not following his sufferings. But seems to me its' not up to You to pass judgement on Others..

Dallas

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

NOw Christianty is a huge dogma full of coruption and manipulation and hate. As I listen to so called Christians, blast gays and others, it saddens me that theses so called Christians are so lost. So many rely on what there religous leaders say, instead of reading and researching on there own.

Snowman9

I am missing some info so I'm back tracking on posts to find out this info. You say God hates sin. But when a christian says the gay lifestyle is sin you have a problem. God hates sin and homosexuality is a sin according to God.

How are we lost? If a gay person is killed in a hate crime I totally agree that that is wrong, but by calling a sin a sin, what is the problem that you have with that?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join