It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 159
<< 156  157  158   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
O, the hate of pagan worship has quite a history, whether they the victim or not. Much like the Judeo christians and how the Pagan Romans crucified them on the X-crosses. I recall one documentary speaking of the christian religion spreading to Rome, which was heavy into the worship of pagan gods, and reproductive organs at the time.

Then Pompei happened, and the Caesar which constructed the Colosseum, to re-gain favor at the time, since the populace got scared that Jesus was upset.

Then 300 years later, the catholic church and the new testament came into power.

Let alone the christian superstitions that lead to many woman being burned at the stake.

Understand this, the christian religion is no different then the Jews and Islamist it tries to separate from. It has it roots from the Abrahamic views, and has just as much blood on its hands as the other two.

If I'm not mistaken in my memory.
edit on 9-2-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

O yea I just remembered.

The Catholics are afraid of going to a lake of fire, much like how Pompei was crushed by the Earth. Somewhat explains to me why they are so scared of a burning hell.

While the Christians are of dark clouds, and thunderous skies, much like the Pagans before you.

If my superstitions are correct.
edit on 9-2-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Specimen
At least u seem a bit more varied in your ways then most to actually accept thing.

Thank you, I'll take any compliment I can get.

Specimen
Unlike others.... Heeding an memorizing a books every word like Judgement day was some sort of text-book exam, hoping for some kinda of holy war in their in-significance.

I hate war. I also find war anti-Biblical after reading the second half.

Specimen
Some of the stories in the bible go back much longer before even the old testament was made, like Adam an Eve which has no known date of origin if I'm correct.

I'd agree there's no known date. I've heard of people trying to pin a date but the math makes A LOT of assumptions.

Specimen
Also, the New testament if u are aware of, was made by the Roman Caesar, Constantine 300 years after A.D, who was also responsible for making the Roman Church, as a way of controlling the squabbling groups of christ believers with their various views on the story. He took various stories, and used the old testament as the structure for the New one.

I don't think we could say the New Testament was made by Constantine. The books had previously existed, then was canonized by a council of Christian bishops at Nicea. Constantine may have approved of the council to quell unrest and have agreed with the outcome, but didn't sit in on the discussions apparently. ( en.wikipedia.org... )

Specimen
Also, I ended up finding out the Roman sect anyways, actually believes in some old Babylonian pagan religion other then what it usually presents.

We'd need specifics in order to analyse and discuss. Historically paganism has entered into and been kicked out of Christianity in what seems like waves. One of the points of periodic revival was to critically review what is and is not Christian, then discard what isn't.

Specimen
But really, the only difference between the catholic and the Christians is that the catholic favor Mary more so, or at least in their presentation anyways.

There are more differences between Catholics and Protestants. Catholicism includes veneration of saints, intercession, transubstantiation, confession, the need for priesthood, different organization/leadership of the church, papal doctrine accepted as as Biblical truth, etc.
edit on 11-2-2014 by saint4God because: Grammar, spaces, etc.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

The New Testament wasn`t made till fourth century A.D. The stories in the book as well as their origins are what interesting to me.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

As for the difference between protestants, anglician, catholics, etc...Its all the same, and they still bicker fight, and probably kill each other about how to praise Jesus. Not have a volcano destroy their city.
edit on 11-2-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

And true, the Greeks did have the religion spread to their empire as well, possibly around the same time as Rome. Those two empires have a huge background with each other.
edit on 11-2-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I may be three years late in responding, but we're also talking about a thread started twelve years ago, so with relativity on my side...

originally posted by: Specimen
The New Testament wasn`t made till fourth century A.D. The stories in the book as well as their origins are what interesting to me.

One of the talking points to the Anti-Christianity conspiracy, and one that comes from what seems to be a lack of understanding in both Hebrew tradition and accuracy. Hebrew tradition is very legalistic, which is to say 'letter of the law'. I'm thinking one of the reasons why the Hebrews were considered the chosen people of the time is because they amoungst all other humans, they were so fixated on the details that sometimes they missed the point of the original message (enter Jesus to break it down for the brothers and sisters). They used that same law to try to trip Jesus up and persecute him even though he was trying to help them understand the deeper meaning. Many lawyers look at wording, whereas more morality-centric persons focus on doing the right thing. Although our oral tradition today is more like story-telling than history, this was not the case for the Hebrews two thousand years ago who devoted their life to perfecting this method chronicling. Realizing the written word travels farther and faster in the Greek world, it was then written down, hence the temporal gap that today we're obsessed over...but was considered a non-problem then.

As for the difference between protestants, anglician, catholics, etc...Its all the same, and they still bicker fight, and probably kill each other about how to praise Jesus.

Religion is often the excuse, not the reason. All the faiths listed above claim to follow Christ who said, “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5:43-48

This harkens back to "You shall not kill" in the ten commandments. If you're killing, you're not following Christ nor the law of Moses.

I'm not even sure Jesus cares how you praise God so long as you do. That sounds like nit-picky humanity stuff to me.

Not have a volcano destroy their city.

I think I'm missing a reference here. Clarification?

And true, the Greeks did have the religion spread to their empire as well, possibly around the same time as Rome. Those two empires have a huge background with each other.

Exactly, per mention above about written versus oral. It was no secret that Rome loved to assimilate other cultures, especially Greek. They liked their food, trade goods, architecture and even gods. They wrote about it, immitated it, and incorporated it. This wasn't true for all cultures, but was revolutionary in that most prior cultures tended to merely destroy anything that wasn't from the homeland.
edit on 25-8-2017 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2017 by saint4God because: Grammer, Clarity

edit on 25-8-2017 by saint4God because: Getting rid of verse numbers

new topics

top topics

<< 156  157  158   >>

join