It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
No one is attacking Christianity that is just the way Christians are interpreting the things they are hearing and seeing regarding their religion, it is just a miss-perception.

Christianity is in decline like America and western civilization in general it is natural that people who believe deeply in these things would interpret the signs they see of that decline as an attack against their faith and way of life.

It’s not about Christianity being attacked; it’s about people realizing the ideas they were taught to believe as absolute truth like Christianity don’t actually work in real life.

To me it is a good thing because the Christian religion enslaves the minds of people and keeps them from an active spiritual relationship with the creator like all religious systems tend to do.

If a man’s religion is real then doesn’t God know it?

Shouldn’t the fact that God knows a man’s religion is indeed real be enough for that man?

There is no comfort in religion in my opinion especially the Christian religion that is why it is destined for the ash heap like so many straw houses in the minds of men.

When a person experiences in practice the power of the gift of God, he is comforted and knows in his heart that in truth God is in him and with him that is what people need real power and comfort not religion.

The Christian religion cannot give a person a spiritual relationship in which God plays a dynamic role in his day to day activates or the love joy and peace one comes to know as a result.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by newday

Originally posted by newday
Christianity is in decline like America and western civilization in general it is natural that people who believe deeply in these things would interpret the signs they see of that decline as an attack against their faith and way of life.

Christianity by estimates and calculations is nowhere near going into decline nor is Islam. Both are in growth, with 2 Billion and climbing on the planet now in Christianity alone.

It’s not about Christianity being attacked; it’s about people realizing the ideas they were taught to believe as absolute truth like Christianity don’t actually work in real life.

Oh? Love one another doesnt work? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you doesnt work? Its when man understands selfless giving and servitude to humanity that we achieve universal love. Its the ONLY way that will work. When we do that, we serve both God and Christ.
Its when man serves his own needs that we find that things dont work.

To me it is a good thing because the Christian religion enslaves the minds of people and keeps them from an active spiritual relationship with the creator like all religious systems tend to do.

Man goes searching for a spiritual one on one while he perpetuates injustice on his fellow man. During the times of Christ, this was one of the very things he was talking about. Men serving themselves unto God, when in Truth, God wants us to serve our fellow man, and in doing so we serve him. Remember Jesuses warning in regards to the yeast.

If a man’s religion is real then doesn’t God know it?

Shouldn’t the fact that God knows a man’s religion is indeed real be enough for that man?

Under what premise? Jim Jones? David Koresh? Its whether man practices the command of Love of all mankind. Universal love and prosperity for all, and not merely for himself.

There is no comfort in religion in my opinion especially the Christian religion that is why it is destined for the ash heap like so many straw houses in the minds of men.

No even close. Christianity and its grow over the next ten years puts it at over 3 Billion and climbing. Jesus said, this heaven, and this earth will pass away, but my words will live forever. It appears to be so, cosidering that despite 11 of the original 12 apostles being executed, that the words of Christ appear to be gaining momentum.

When a person experiences in practice the power of the gift of God, he is comforted and knows in his heart that in truth God is in him and with him that is what people need real power and comfort not religion.

Indeed. But what you missed, was that the Love of God is Christ. That in fact Christ said that he is in all of us. Christianity. Lovism. LoveUniversal.

The Christian religion cannot give a person a spiritual relationship in which God plays a dynamic role in his day to day activates or the love joy and peace one comes to know as a result.

So, Jesus Christ showed up because things were going great? Why should he even teach if he had achieved spiritual unity? Perhaps the message was that of that we are all Gods Children. The we need to act as one body, and not merely on our own accord. That in doing so, we come to the spirit and God comes to us.

Your statement is narrow in scope for many men have come to know Christ through Christianity. If merely one man has come to know Christ and the Father through Christianity, your statement is proven to be false.

The Truth of Christ is as follows:

I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The Truth is the Truth Brother

Peace

[edit on 31-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
It is real...(snip)

Were it real you could readily demonstrate the reality of it but you cannot do that. You deal with myth, fantacy and delusion and then imagine a conspiracy against your ignis fatuus when people start getting fed up and call it bull#.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Originally posted by Lilitu
Were it real you could readily demonstrate the reality of it but you cannot do that. You deal with myth, fantacy and delusion and then imagine a conspiracy against your ignis fatuus when people start getting fed up and call it bull#.

The person you describe is yourself.

CNN Transcript

Hong Kong resident Li Guangqiang, 38, is facing criminal charges for allegedly smuggling more than 16,000 Bibles to a banned Christian group in China. If convicted, he could face the death penalty

Religious persecution around the world...

www.christianpersecution.info...

One of the definitions of conspiracy: Law: An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.

It has now been proven as a fact, that indeed on this planet earth, this day, there is a conspiracy against Christianity on many fronts. This meets the parameter by definition through the accomplishment of both " Legal purpose " and " illegal action ".

Saint, even I on this thread did not believe it existed. Like everything else,
things are coming into focus.

The Truth hits like a freight train.

Peace

[edit on 1-1-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Hifi said; Christianity by estimates and calculations is nowhere near going into decline nor is Islam. Both are in growth, with 2 Billion and climbing on the planet now in Christianity alone.

Response:

You do know that the word decline encompasses more than just numbers of people....What is in decline about Christianity is its value not its numbers of new members.

Christianity is in decline the same way America as a nation is what is its value anymore even if it becomes totally repopulated by immigrants it is not the land of the free nor the home of the brave it has lost the crown of brotherhood.

God is no longer with America or Christianity so what good are they?

Do you think the creator is impressed with numbers of people?

The last time I read your version of the bible in the book of revelations only one hundred or two hundred thousand people are saved in the end times and none of them are Christian so how valuable is it to be a Christian if this is indeed the end of days?

Hifi said: Oh? Love one another doesnt work? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you doesn't work? Its when man understands selfless giving and servitude to humanity that we achieve universal love. Its the ONLY way that will work. When we do that, we serve both God and Christ. Its when man serves his own needs that we find that things dont work.

Response:

The love you want to inflict on the rest of us is not the love the creator desires we have toward one another.

The love of God is the product of the operation of His gift of holy spirit, in other words when you perform a miracle or healing or any of the nine manifestation of holy spirit for God like Christ did who healed the sick and raised the dead, then the benefit it produces in the lives of the recipients, or the fruit as the bible calls it, is the Love God wants all people to experience and share not just the half love of human emotions.

That is the fullness of love which is encapsulated in the phase love one another.

It is His love, that is the love the almighty God wants people to know and share above our own powerless love, which is nice but can't give the comfort of a word of prophecy, a gift of healing or miracle can, because that love when we need it comes directly from the creator Himself who is love.

It is the love in the touch of the creators hands not just yours that is how we love our fellow man not just some silly emotional state which at this time appears to be more anger than love brother coming from you.

Love one another as Christ loved his church correct?

Isn't that how Christians interpret their duty to their God?

How did the Jesus of the bible do that by just feeling good and ranting on the internet or by signs miracles and wonders?

It is the love of God shared in reality in living time among and between people, realized as measurable and meaningful benefits, the result of the active participation of God Himself by supernatural means recognizable to us only in the effects produced by the operations of His gift of holy spirit, that is loving one another in a place outside of our own little minds where God wants it to happen.

To love the way the bible you love to twist really intends, requires a true spirituality energized by the Creator Himself in real living time while it counts.

Absent the power of God in operation all Christianity or you can offer people is just a nice emotional feeling that they can get masturbating or hanging out with their friends in any church or temple of any religion or even here fellowshipping with each other at ABS.

To settle for a religion such as Christianity is to deny the power of the creator to have a real active beneficial effect in a persons life.

Your scriptures say God is the God of the living not the dead, how can the dead share the love of a living God towards one another?

What does any religion Christian or otherwise have to do with genuine spirituality when one is alive and one is dead?

Hifi said: Man goes searching for a spiritual one on one while he perpetuates injustice on his fellow man. During the times of Christ, this was one of the very things he was talking about. Men serving themselves unto God, when in Truth, God wants us to serve our fellow man, and in doing so we serve him. Remember Jesuses warning in regards to the yeast.

Response:

What ridiculous nonsense.......your own bible says who can know the heart of a man save his God.

Do you presume to know the heart of men?

Capitalism is in fact the expression of selfishness in the world not injustice.

I would enjoy a conversation with you on how our love of capitalism like that of the ancient Babylonians, and our willingness to allow the markets to decide the direction of technology and worldly progress is the doorway to our own destruction and the eventual extinction of the human race.

But your comments about God wanting us to serve our fellow man first is a contradiction when it clearly says to love the Lord thy God with all your heart with all your soul, mind, and strength you can't love both first at the same time.

Once again the bible you love to use to justify your silly Christian beliefs says walk by the spirit not by the flesh to put the needs of others before the Sprit God is to walk by the flesh even if it is your own fleshly needs.

Hifi said: Under what premise? Jim Jones? David Koresh? Its whether man practices the command of Love of all mankind. Universal love and prosperity for all, and not merely for himself.

Response:

Here only you know what you mean it is not discernable to the mind of anyone else so how can I respond?

Hifi said: No even close. Christianity and its grow over the next ten years puts it at over 3 Billion and climbing. Jesus said, this heaven, and this earth will pass away, but my words will live forever. It appears to be so, cosidering that despite 11 of the original 12 apostles being executed, that the words of Christ appear to be gaining momentum.

Response:

Do you find comfort in a crowd?

You seem to think that lots of people believing something somehow lends the idea's authenticity and accuracy.

I tend to think history not only disputes that but suggest that the minority is usually correct.

I will repeat my original assertion which is Christianity does not offer people any real comfort to their heart only the gift of God realized in fact not fiction can do that, hence the gift is called the comforter in the bible not Christianity or religion of any kind.

Hifi said: Indeed. But what you missed, was that the Love of God is Christ. That in fact Christ said that he is in all of us. Christianity. Lovism. LoveUniversal.

Response:

What you missed is God defines what is loving at the appropriate time, in the appropriate place, and the appropriate way, not you or me how silly to think we can know better than God how to love a man.

God is love that is what your version of the bible says but God is not Christ or any Jesus that is what Christianity claims.

Your religion blinds you from the truth and that is sad because it means more to you than the love of the creator which is the only thing that can free you in fact, because it has real power to overcome this world and the systems of this world.

Why do you reject the word of God as it is in truth the power of God?

Does the thought of others without religion or of another religion living in peace with the creator, God confirming His presence among them with signs miracle and wonders, does that idea frighten you?

God is with those who are with Him regardless their religion you can't bend God to fit your will He has no need or want of anything not even your honor and recognition.

Hifi said: The Truth is the Truth Brother, Peace

Absent any real power to shape life truth is of little comfort to the heart of a man and love is often a lonely child.

Truth is anything that leads the heart of a man to draw nearer to his creator, you reject that truth because you love the world and what it offers through its religious systems more.

You will never know the peace that passes all understanding in your life only the beating of the waves which drive you towards the grave that waits with open mouth.

Think on these things.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Originally posted by Lilitu

The person you describe is yourself.

CNN Transcript

Hong Kong resident Li Guangqiang, 38, is facing criminal charges for allegedly smuggling more than 16,000 Bibles to a banned Christian group in China. If convicted, he could face the death penalty

Religious persecution around the world...

www.christianpersecution.info...

One of the definitions of conspiracy: Law: An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.

It has now been proven as a fact, that indeed on this planet earth, this day, there is a conspiracy against Christianity on many fronts. This meets the parameter by definition through the accomplishment of both " Legal purpose " and " illegal action ".

Saint, even I on this thread did not believe it existed. Like everything else,
things are coming into focus.

The Truth hits like a freight train.

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by newday

Jesus came because things were going so well? You would do well to listen to the Word of God and understand in its enitirety the path to God which comes through love. For he that Loves the Lord God Almighty Loves the Son. And The Love of both brings about the will of God.

What man can be in spirit with God and allow injustice?

A teaching of Jesus Christ

And then the judge will say, You served the sons of men, and whatsoever you have done for these, that you have done for me. 44 The judge will say to those upon the left, Depart from me; you have not served the sons of men. 45 I was hungry and you gave me naught to eat; was thirsty and you gave me naught to drink; I was a stranger and you drove me from your door; I was imprisoned and was sick, you did not minister to me. 46 Then these will say, When did we thus neglect to care for you? When did we see you hungry, thirsty, sick, a stranger or in prison and did not minister to you? 47 And then the judge will say, Your life is full of self; you served the self and not your fellow man, and when you slighted one of these, you slighted and neglected me.

You see brother, You can Love God, you can Love the Son, but the command of the Son was given from the Father.

In loving one another, you serve your fellow man. In doing so you honor Jesus Christ, Gods love made manifest in a man, and in honoring him, you honor the Father.

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
reply to post by newday

What man can be in spirit with God and allow injustice?

God allows injustice you don't know what you are talking about.

You are allowed to go on living that is an injustice.

The Messiah was a man not a God and he allowed the injustice of being murdered upon himself.

Maybe you are disturbed by someone suggesting your version of truth is empty and valueless.

You lack faith in your Gods ability to defend it's truth you see the assertion as an attack on the powerless so you think you need to defend your idol since it can't defend itself.

I think perhaps you project your lack of faith on others?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by newday

God allows injustice you don't know what you are talking about.

Man creates his own injustice. Man allows the injustice which is around him to continue.

Do I lack faith in others? Perhaps the more accurate statement is that I see people of faith lacking the will to fight mankind induced injustice.
If you cant see injustice...Ill post a few reminders to you

600 Million Homeless
60 Million people starve to death a year
6 Million are children
40 Million Homeless South American Children

Heres a lesser known story about Injustice.

The Story of a thief as told by Jesus

The officers were on the way to court withone, a man accused of stealing bread. 2 And in a little while the man was brought before the judge to answer to the charge. 3 And Jesus and the twelve were there. The man showed in his face and hands the hard drawn lines of toil and want. 4 A woman richly clad, the accuser of the man, stood forth and said, I caught this man myself: I know him well, for yesterday he came to beg for bread. 5 And when I drove him from my door, he should have known that I would harbour not a man like him; and then to-day he came and took the bread. 6 He is a thief and I demand that he be sent to jail. 7 The servants also testified against the man; he was adjudged a thief, and officers were leading him away. 8 But Jesus standing forth exclaimed, You officers and judge, be not in haste to lead this man away. 9 Is this a land of justice and of right? can you accuse and sentence men to punishment for any crime until they testify themselves? 10 The Roman law will not permit such travesty on right, and I demand that you permit this man to speak. 11 And then the judge recalled the man and said, If you have any tale to tell, say on. 12 In tears the man stood forth and said, I have a wife and little ones and they are perishing for bread, and I have told my story oft, and begged for bread; but none would hear. 13 This morning when I left our cheerless hut in search of work my children cried for bread, and I resolved to feed them or to die. 14 I took the bread, and I appeal to God, Was it a crime? 15 This woman snatched the loaf away and threw it to the dogs, and called the officers and I am here. 16 Good people, do with me whate'er you will, but save my wife and little ones from death. 17 Then Jesus said, Who is the culprit in this case? 18 I charge this woman as a felon in the sight of God. 19 I charge this judge as criminal before the bar of human rights. 20 I charge these servants and these officers as parties to the crime. 21 I charge the people of Capernaum with cruelty and theft, because they heeded not the cries of poverty and want, and have withheld from helpless ones that which is theirs by every law of right; 22 And I appeal unto these people here, and ask, Are not my charges based on righteousness and truth? 23 And every man said, Yes. 24 The accused woman blushed for shame; the judge shrank back in fear; the officers threw off the shackles from the man and ran away. 25 Then Jesus said, Give this man what he needs and let him go and feed his wife and little ones. 26 The people gave abundantly; the man went on his way. 27 And Jesus said, There is no standard law to judge of crime. The facts must all be stated e'er a judgment can be rendered in a case. 28 You men with hearts; go forth and stand where stood this man and answer me, What would you do? 29 The thief thinks every other man a thief and judges him accordingly. 30 The man who judges harshly is the man whose heart is full of crime. 31 The courtesan who keeps her wickedness concealed by what she calls respectability, has not a word of pity for the honest courtesan who claims to be just what she is. 32 I tell you, men, if you would censure not till you are free from sin, the world would soon forget the meaning of the word, accused.

Can a man oppress another man and then say he Loves God?
Can a man be cruel to his brother then run to God and say, Father, I have done your will in Love one Another?

Jesus Christ was empowered through the Almighty God. His Love, his acts, and his way are a model for all mankind.

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
In addition to the hundreds of thousands of deaths as a result of the athiestic transition of Soviet Russia from 1917 to present, there are plenty of examples even in modern times as HiFi has highlighted.

Not even church buildings are safe...

NAIROBI, Kenya (CNN) -- A mob set fire to a church Tuesday where Kenyans were seeking refuge from post-election violence, searing many and leaving others as heaps of ash.

The Associated Press reports at least 50 people -- many of them children -- died in the church fire, but a government spokesman says none of the 150 deaths during the last two days are related to the election.

Any guesses as to what the deaths are related to then?

"What we now witness is a cold and calculated plan to organize and engage in massacres," government spokesman Alfred Mutua said."

The death toll, he said, "will be much, much higher than what the government is giving."

The latest official death toll did not include an attack on members of the Kikuyu tribe Tuesday at a church in Kiambaa, about 185 miles northwest of Nairobi.

As many as 200 people were initially at the church, KTN reporter Tony Biwott told CNN, apparently seeking refuge from post-election violence.

A man who was inside the church said a mob of hundreds of people attacked the building and set it on fire.

Biwott said he counted at least 15 charred bodies, including those of children, in the burned out church and an adjacent field.

"I'm sure there were more than 15 but I couldn't count the ones who were ashes," he said in a phone interview.

The national police commissioner, speaking at the briefing with Mutua, said in Kenyan society, churches are considered sacred and no one would expect such violence there.

The violence also has displaced some 75,000 Kenyans inside the country, Mutua said.

www.cnn.com...

And no, Kenya is not a Muslim country with Muslim laws, blah blah blah.
www.cia.gov...

This is news, this is today.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

You are a living breathing contradiction.

Are you really saying God does not allow injustice?

Do you know why we all die?

I will give you a hint, its because that is what we all deserve.

In all of history there has only been one man that did not deserve to die by your own claimed profession of faith.

In fact none of us deserved even the opportunity to have be born.

It is an injustice that God allows life as we know it to continue at all that is why life is by the grace of God and there is no work you can do to make yourself or anyone else right in His sight.

Your own Jesus said let the good and bad seed grow side by side and the lord of the harvest will separate the wheat from the chaff when it is time.

It is not the job of the Christian to right the wrongs of this world that is Anti-Christian.

Which just goes to show that behind the Christian religion is the false God Moloch or the spirit of Anti-Christ like I have said all along.

The world with all of its injustice is destined to burn in a purifying fire that God Himself is going to kindle.

That is what the bible you keep saying is so important to you says it does not say go forth and fight the injustice of the world.

If you want to slow down the march towards the destruction of the world refuse to participate in the capitalist system that is killing us all which is the real beast of Babylon the book of revelation is talking about in opinion.

The Beast of Babylon is a global system that merges govt, capitalism, and religion into one system in an attempt to rule the world.

But you don't really want to discuss the perceived attack on Christianity that the people of this board claim they are experiencing like I keep trying to do you want to divert the discussion to injustice in China or injustice in general which has nothing to do with what we were talking about tell me why?

You aren't even a christian from what you are saying that leads me to think you are a paid troll.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Fox News follows up:

"Mob Torches Kenyan Church; At Least 270 Killed in Election Riots"
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

It is not the job of the Christian to right the wrongs of this world that is Anti-Christian.

Who do you think said this:

The holy brotherhood of right must stand united in the stirring conflicts of the hour. 24 No matter whether they be Jews, Samaritans, Assyrians, or Greeks, they must tramp down beneath their feet all strife, all discord, jealousy and hate, and demonstrate the brotherhood of man.

And concluded with this:

United in the cause of right we stand; divided we will fall.

What do you suppose Jesus Christ meant by this...

Peace

[edit on 2-1-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

this just seems like ridiculous, barbaric, wanton violence, not something planned or conspiratorial in nature.

still a tragedy.
though i have no love for churches (unless it's an architectural love), i really hate any acts of arbitrary destruction and death.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

There are hints that the conflict over the recent (flawed) elections are of a tribal nature and have nothing to do with an 'anti-Christian' movement. I see another Rwanda brewing.

NAIROBI, Dec 31, 2007 (AFP) - Old rivalry between the tribes of Kenya's newly re-elected President Mwai Kibaki and opposition leader Raila Odinga has fed violence that has killed at least 162 since last week's disputed poll.

Ethnic identity is key factor in the politics and geography of the east African country, where bloody riots swiftly erupted after Sunday's announcement that Kibaki was back in office.

Kibaki, 76, comes from the most populous Kikuyu tribe, based around Mount Kenya in Central province, where the outgoing president took more than 90 percent of the votes.

www.reliefweb.int...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
There are hints that the conflict over the recent (flawed) elections are of a tribal nature and have nothing to do with an 'anti-Christian' movement. I see another Rwanda brewing.

The burning and destruction of churches and Christians inside of them have nothing to do with Anti-Christianity? I'll let that sit for a moment for consideration.

As quoted above..

"What we now witness is a cold and calculated plan to organize and engage in massacres," government spokesman Alfred Mutua said."

The national police commissioner, speaking at the briefing with Mutua, said in Kenyan society, churches are considered sacred and no one would expect such violence there.

Tell me what would happen if the United States decided to target and blow up Mosques in Iraq EVEN IF Bin Laden himself was sitting inside one of them. Would this not be Anti-Muslim? Who sits inside/finds refuge inside of a Mosque? Let's use our heads please.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Well, unless it's the 10-20% of the muslims that are doing all the killing of Christians, I'd have to assume it must be Protestant and Catholic Christians killing each other.

An estimated 66% of the population are Christians with about 28% belonging to the Roman Catholic church and 38% belonging to Protestant churches. About 10% to 20% are Muslim, with many living in the Northeast Province, the Coast Province, and the northern region of the Eastern Province. About 1% is Hindu and the remainder practice traditional religions or local branches of Christianity. As in other African states with complex religious histories and some renewal of cultural self-consciousness, it is likely that a majority of ethnic Kenyans also hold some traditional African beliefs.

www.nationsencyclopedia.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm glad you've brought up this point, masqua. Regarding "playing the odds" with percentages, we have to ask if it makes sense. Do you believe Christians would destroy churches? Do you believe Christians would burn and kill Christians inside of them?

80% of Americans professes belief that there is a God, yet 0% of Americans bomb mosques. Something to think about.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
In the mess that the country is in, I wouldn't doubt that they would put ANYTHING to the torch if is regularly used by the Kikuyu minority.

The fighting is tribal, not based on religion.

The worst that had been expected by Kenya watchers has happened. Many commentators had said that the country was slowly maturing into a real democracy. They were proved to have been too hasty! The mess that occurred during the presidential elections has awakened the sleeping monster of tribal divide in the country.

Though both Kibaki and Odinga had kept clear of sectarian issues and instead focused on national issues, hidden tribal instincts have surfaced and too with a vengeance. The animosity between Kibaki’s Kikuyu tribe and Odingo’s Luo (and its allied tribes) has its root in history. The real cause of friction is, as usual, unequal distribution of wealth and opportunities of Kenya.

Since the country’s independence in 1963, Kikuyus have dominated Kenya’s politics and economy, though they are merely 22 percent of the populace. The other tribes have long resented this. When after the controversial elections, Kibaki was declared the winner, the resentment burst forth.

www.unholywars.org...

Edit to include news link and the fact that the ruling Kikuyus are the minority

[edit on 2/1/08 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

"Kenyan government officials claimed at least 148 people had so far been killed and around 75,000 forced to flee their homes as gangs of machete-wielding young men roamed the streets."

Not parishes, not congregations, not prayer groups. Are you suggesting gang members are the same people who sit in the pew every Sunday and "love your neighbor" and "love your enemy"? I'm confident you can apply that 66% of Christians to the 75,000 who were forced to flee their homes. Regarding those who were killed in the church, I'm also confident many of them were church-goers (else they would not know how to find the place nor consider it a refuge).

Take a moment and look at the internet address and site cited: unholywars.org. (I appreciate the link and am studying it)

Gang violence, self-authority/power, anarchy, murder, all pieces of the larger Anti-Christian Conspiracy. But, since we cannot agree Satanism is Anti-Christian, nor the Atheistic revolution in Russia from 1917 forward was Anti-Christian, this point may be difficult to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join