It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
one cannot fantasize without wanting to prefer fantasy to reality...
seems like that's what this whole conspiracy is all about.

The Truth is not a Fantasy.

You are right in preference though. One can prefer a lie over truth, and that, is a fantasy.

Peace

[edit on 8-11-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

and that's what this conspiracy (and the whole christian persecution complex) is, a massive fantasy.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A bible of many non-believers (aka Wikipedia) has some interesting things to say about this conspiracy:

In the two thousand years of the Christian faith, about 70 million believers have been killed for their faith, of whom 45.5 million or 65% were in the twentieth century...

In addition, it is estimated that over 1.5 million Christians have been killed by the Janjaweed, the Arab Muslim militia, and even suspected Islamists in northern Sudan since 1984.

1998 - 500 Christian churches burned down in Java.

November, 1998 - 22 churches in Jakarta are burned down. 13 Christians killed.

Christmas Day 1998 - 180 homes and stores owned by Christians are destroyed in Poso, Central Sulawesi.

June, 2001 - the Laskar Jihad declares Jihad against Christians. Muslim citizens are recruited by the thousands to exterminate Christians.

In Saudi Arabia Christians are arrested and lashed in public for practicing their faith openly. Bibles and other non-Muslim religious books are captured, piled up and burned by the religious police of Saudi. No non-Muslims are allowed to become Saudi citizens. Prayer services by Christians are frequently broken up by the police and the Christians are arrested and tortured without even allowing them to be released on bail.

There's plenty more at en.wikipedia.org...

Keep those eyes shut madness, the truth can be an ugly thing to see sometimes.

[edit on 17-11-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

An eye for an eye...

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
A bible of many non-believers (aka Wikipedia) has some interesting things to say about this conspiracy:

In the two thousand years of the Christian faith, about 70 million believers have been killed for their faith, of whom 45.5 million or 65% were in the twentieth century...

In addition, it is estimated that over 1.5 million Christians have been killed by the Janjaweed, the Arab Muslim militia, and even suspected Islamists in northern Sudan since 1984.

1998 - 500 Christian churches burned down in Java.

November, 1998 - 22 churches in Jakarta are burned down. 13 Christians killed.

Christmas Day 1998 - 180 homes and stores owned by Christians are destroyed in Poso, Central Sulawesi.

June, 2001 - the Laskar Jihad declares Jihad against Christians. Muslim citizens are recruited by the thousands to exterminate Christians.

In Saudi Arabia Christians are arrested and lashed in public for practicing their faith openly. Bibles and other non-Muslim religious books are captured, piled up and burned by the religious police of Saudi. No non-Muslims are allowed to become Saudi citizens. Prayer services by Christians are frequently broken up by the police and the Christians are arrested and tortured without even allowing them to be released on bail.

There's plenty more at en.wikipedia.org...

Keep those eyes shut madness, the truth can be an ugly thing to see sometimes.

[edit on 17-11-2007 by saint4God]

Do the words "Crusades" or "Spanish Inquisition" mean anything to you? How about the thousands and thousands of Mayan, Inca and other Indian races or tribes that were conquered killed and burned in the name of "Christianity".........read up our your history a bit.. Christians have killed plenty and more in the name of their leader jesus, than any other major modern day religion.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

Hi/
Many were murdered in the name of Christ,as was with many powerful religious powers.
Having said that,it does not make it that the whole of Christianity is at fault!
Christ said above all ' Love' is what holds all together....this is a choice that each and everyone of us has to make.
If people in power choose to do otherwise in the name of their God, then this is not about Jesus Christ,it is not what Christ taught.
If I do something wrong or unlawful as a Christian, it is not Jesus Christs fault or the religion itself, but my OWN fault....
Why should I blame God for a fault that is my own doing.
People often find it easier to put the blame on someone else, rather then take a good look at themselves.
Have I done this?
Yes......
hopefully by accepting our mistakes, we learn to forgive others mistakes and recognize the good in each other, rather then keep finding faults in each other and the vicious circle begins again and never ends!

helen

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxor311
[Do the words "Crusades" or "Spanish Inquisition" mean anything to you? How about the thousands and thousands of Mayan, Inca and other Indian races or tribes that were conquered killed and burned in the name of "Christianity".........read up our your history a bit.. Christians have killed plenty and more in the name of their leader jesus, than any other major modern day religion.

The number of people who have died supporting or defending a political platform makes the crusades and the Inquisition pale in comparison.

WWI 40 Million Killed
WWII 72 Million Killed
Korea 114,000 Killed
Vietnam 50,000+ Killed
Iraq 4000+ Killed 70,000 Injured

vs

Crusades 9 Million Killed
Inquisition 30,000 Killed

Nationalism is the number one cause of man killing man. In the name of Nationalism and poltical ideologies, more men have gone to their grave defending a flag then defending Jesus Christ.

Peace

[edit on 17-11-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

And how does this relate to the topic thread?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid
And how does this relate to the topic thread?

I was responding to this comment below that was a couple of posts ago:

[Do the words "Crusades" or "Spanish Inquisition" mean anything to you? How about the thousands and thousands of Mayan, Inca and other Indian races or tribes that were conquered killed and burned in the name of "Christianity".........read up our your history a bit.. Christians have killed plenty and more in the name of their leader jesus, than any other major modern day religion.

And this is what I had to say about it.

The number of people who have died supporting or defending a political platform makes the crusades and the Inquisition pale in comparison.

WWI 40 Million Killed
WWII 72 Million Killed
Korea 114,000 Killed
Vietnam 50,000+ Killed

vs

Nationalism is the number one cause of man killing of man. In the name of Nationalism and poltical ideologies, more men have gone to their grave defending a flag then defending Jesus Christ.

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

but that that's isn't a religion. It had very little to do with what he/she said, unless i'm missing something.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

but that that's isn't a religion. It had very little to do with what he/she said, unless i'm missing something.

Both are Ideologies

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
Nationalism is the number one killer of Men.

Isn't it natural causes? I'm not sure what the data for this is but just wondering.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Nationalism is the number one killer of Men.

Isn't it natural causes? I'm not sure what the data for this is but just wondering.

Ive altered my statement to that of Nationalism being the number one cause for man killing man.

We can go back and forth nitpicking, but in reality, the arguement about deaths from Christianity and its expansion versus Nationalism and or Democracy and its expansion and related deaths are not comparable.

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

WWI 40 Million Killed
WWII 72 Million Killed
Korea 114,000 Killed
Vietnam 50,000+ Killed

vs

Nationalism is the number one cause of man killing man. In the name of Nationalism and poltical ideologies, more men have gone to their grave defending a flag then defending Jesus Christ.

Peace

That is a totally ridicules argument. The motives in the wars you gave had absolutely nothing to do the the furthermost of a specific religion or religious cause. It perhaps wonders many of other faiths when Christians try to wash there hands on the blood of Jesus saying he or his (chosen) leaders had nothing to do with the suffering that the conquest of christianity caused..If Jesus did exist in the hearts of his chosen people why would he allow such atrocities in his loving name? Perhaps he would chose more suitable leaders ..how powerful is he?... or was he powerless

Many non Christians still believe that in Christianity the primary role was and still is today a effective means of mind control keep the people centered in fear of heaven or hell and therefore behave, just like it was when the Romans converted a perfect governing tool........for political and control reasons only....its history. Oh and let me correct you The number one reason cause of man killing man is religion.. as far back as Greece, Egypt, Rome, Crusades, Holocaust(Jewish Genocide) and on...the motives were not always nationalism or land but the blood or their God.

[edit on 18-11-2007 by luxor311]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

more men have gone to their grave defending a flag then defending Jesus Christ.

Peace

So, you think the inquisitors and the witch hunters were defending Christ, eh? Hmmmm... That's funny, given the fact that the people they labeled "heretics" during the inquisition were the original Christians.

[edit on 18-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

more men have gone to their grave defending a flag then defending Jesus Christ.

Peace

So, you think the inquisitors and the witch hunters were defending Christ, eh? Hmmmm... That's funny, given the fact that the people they labeled "heretics" during the inquisition were the original Christians.

[edit on 18-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

Doesn't matter, Christ was their label and that is what the masses saw...and feared. It drove the people closer to behaving and that was the objective...be guiet and read the bible.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The number one reason cause of man killing man is religion.. as far back as Greece, Egypt, Rome, Crusades, Holocaust(Genocide) and on...the motives were not always nationalism or land.

Your argument is without merit until you can substantiate it with numbers.

That is a totally ridicules argument. The motives in the wars you gave had absolutely nothing to do the the furthermost of a specific religion or religious cause.

Look up the meaning of the word religion then look up ideology.

Alot fits under ideology, including religion.

Therefore, in the name of a set of beliefs, be them political or based on God, people have done wrong. But far more people have died from non religious events then religious. Look up the death counts. I did.

Pretty simple to see, WWI and WWII alone accounts for nearly double.

Christ in no way was an advocate of war, and even more so was preaching love thy enemy.

A teaching forgotten, but a benchmark no less.

Love one another isnt Mind Control any more then democracy is.
But I assure you love, compassion and servitude towards ones fellow man as well as in a family and community will do considerably more then democracy or nationalistic saber rattling.

We are all family

The Human Race and all that has been entrusted to our care

Peace

[edit on 18-11-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
So, HIFI, you think the inquisitors were the defenders of Christ? Yea or Nay? What say you? I think you probably already know my opinion, but I'm curious about your view since you used the phrase "defenders of Christ."

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

I still think your war numbers argument is a bit lame but I can see both points.

Remember Jesus was not the first to say love one another.There many religions older than Christianity that say the identical thing. What Jesus said is in no way more special than any other prophets message of love and compassion. Just ask a Jew, or Muslim, or Hindu or Dowist or Buddhist...its all the same message of love..Im am sure God does not favor one over the other just because he walks around and says " jesus is the son of god and that makes us (Christians) right"...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
So, HIFI, you think the inquisitors were the defenders of Christ? Yea or Nay? What say you? I think you probably already know my opinion, but I'm curious about your view since you used the phrase "defenders of Christ."

The inquisitors perpetrated a great crime upon mankind by making themselves Judge, Jury and Executioner in the name of Christianity.

As for Jesus not being the first to say Love one Another...

When was there ever a time not to Love one Another?

It has always been the way...

We are all Brothers and Sisters

I seek mend not malice..

Peace

[edit on 18-11-2007 by HIFIGUY]

new topics

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join