It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
you interpret (using def #2) as much as anyone else reading the book.

If I do (and I practice not to) then I am wrong.

do you think "wives submit to your husbands" and "the man is the head of the house" and "women are the weaker vessel" etc etc is anything but misogyny?

Did you conveniently omit "Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ", "In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies", "Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect...", "He who loves his wife loves himself", and when Paul addresses a household he does so by naming the woman of the house? (For example: "My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you.", "When she and the members of her household were baptized," ) Finally, what man was found highly favored and was blessed with birthing Jesus Christ?

No, there is not misogyny rather the opposite. Pictured throughout is love for women.

if so, then you are interpreting (def #2)

Personally I'd rather everyone read the Book on their own and take in total what it says. Makes these conversations superfluous.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I would like to present thet we all be submissive to one another.

That in everone putting themselves in a positioning of serving one another, that all will be served.

The wording of " Wives submit to your husbands " goes in this vein for people who truly love their fellow man and woman.

We give of ourselves to the onese we love...but In doing one better, we should do that for all of mankind, even to those that we are not favorable to so that they may, in seeing our way, may be exposed to a new light.

Do not elevate ones own self over another. This was life of Mother Theresa. She was a servant to all around her, and in doing so sowed much love and mending.

Peace

[edit on 25-9-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
Mr No One,
Here are the fallacies in your last post:

No, Christianity, the belief in Christ, is not hypocritcal.
some Christians maybe, but that's because Christians aren't perfect man, we're just forgiven.

Are you sure? How can you say you are forgiven when you have not received the Spirit. Forgiveness is not handed out to anyone but only to those who find Repentance through Truth and Love. If you have not received the The Word which is The Spirit of God then you can not be convinced that you have reached salvation. The Lord will breathe new life into those he saves through HIS SPIRIT they will know him and he will nourish and comfort them. IF you have not received the Spirit in repentance, then you have fallen short of Truth. You have not opened your heart to bleed the impurities, so that it may be filled with the Spirit of God. God can not dwell amongst the dishonest and amongst sin. So you will remain separated from God and may fall short of the salvation which lies in The Lord.

Most Christians (especially evangelicals) will preach tolerance and understanding while they condemn any whose beliefs do not match their own

Christians have no control over The Father's plan. We can not change the way the Universe operates. I CAN tell you salvation rests on two things. Following the Ten Commandments and Repentance. Nothing else can bring you to salvation.

admitting your sins to God.
Then to seek forgiveness from God's mercy and grace.
and repent (turn around and live a heavenly lifestyle)

These are the laws of the Saints but salvation through Repentance may not be reached by everyone because their hearts do not repent in absolute truth.

It is this level of intolerance that causes a fear and hatred among non-Christians.

I think if we were to examine the true meanings of the teachings of Christ, absent of the views thrust upon them by religious leaders, we would see that tolerance and understanding are at the heart of everything He taught.

Close.
He taught love.

Love, Truth, and Repentance grant you God's Divine Grace which is salvation through the Holy Spirit where you are reborn and your heart is changed. You will be like a Shining Rock in the field, lighting the way unwaveringly, so that anyone who listens to you may seek salvation as you have.

If you have not received the Holy Spirit which is the Word of God and the Word is God then you can not be assured you will not be tossed into the fire at the time of his harvest. If you have not received the Spirit which extends from Heaven to Earth then your heart and soul need more cleansing and you need to come in truth.

To distort and twist that message into use as a weapon against those who are different from you is, IMHO, the worst sin of all.

Agreed.
However, these are people who are wrong Not the Scriptures or God himself.

Many have distorted the truth to gain wealth and power. That does not mean Christ is not with God or that the Christian God does not exist. I ASSURE you he lives and he has always lived. You have separated yourself from him . The Spirit entered the flesh of Jesus so that he may show the way back home to OUR Father who is The Spirit, The Word, and The Truth, which you must also be or you will not know The Lord.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Raphael]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

ok, what about the part where it says man is the glory of god, but woman is less as she is only the glory of man (and was created FOR the man)?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

ok, what about the part where it says man is the glory of god, but woman is less as she is only the glory of man (and was created FOR the man)?

Genesis 1:27
So God created humankind* in his image,
in the image of God he created them;*
male and female he created them.
If this is the image of God then God is both male and female.

Genesis 3:16
To the woman he said,
‘I will greatly increase your pangs in childbearing;
in pain you shall bring forth children,
yet your desire shall be for your husband,
and he shall rule over you.’

Genesis 3:24
He drove out the man; and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim, and a sword flaming and turning to guard the way to the tree of life.
The Sword Flaming and Turning is God's Truth which is his Spirit. His Spirit is considered the feminine side of God and he rules through it. Together although, they are of one. God and His Spirit. God's Spirit is his bride.

Also in Genesis Eve was created out of Adam appearing to be slightly lower since she was created out of man. Any true believer of God can't think of a woman as inferior and I am sure God doesn't either.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by Raphael]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm glad Raphael brought up Genesis, as I think this is a good start to review. I would like to add another important passage from Genesis if I may to help address the point:

"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." - Genesis 2:24

This passage also explains the following:

"In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself." - Ephesians 5:28

I've concluded from both that blessed is the man who says from his heart to his wife, "You and me are one."

20 points to the person who can name the prophetess who was also a priestess and ruler. Seems God did not have an issue with this in Old Testament days. Who's to say He'd have issue with it now?

I'm unsure of the claim that's being made here, is it that those involved in the Anti-Christian Conspiracy are under the banner of women's rights? Otherwise, I'm not sure what this has to do with the thread topic.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I'm not sure what ANY of this has to do with the topic at hand.

I twice asked for evidence of a conspiracy on the last page. It's gone ignored. I thought maybe you'd be posting some evidence, as you keep telling us you have so much and have met people involved in this conspiracy.

So far all I see is people quoting from Genesis.. Interesting.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
I'm not sure what ANY of this has to do with the topic at hand.

Agreed.

I twice asked for evidence of a conspiracy on the last page.

You'd asked twice before that and twice before I had posted it. How many times shall we go through this loop?

It's gone ignored.

Not at all.

I thought maybe you'd be posting some evidence, as you keep telling us you have so much and have met people involved in this conspiracy.

I wouldn't ever say I have 'so much' because that's an entirely subjective term. I'm one who prefers to present objective information, as I'm not ATS's Customer Satisfaction Representative nor would I want to be. I have met people involved. What (besides what I've already stated) would you like to know?

So far all I see is people quoting from Genesis.. Interesting.

Interestingly enough, although it was to address something off-topic, is where it all began.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
You'd asked twice before that and twice before I had posted it. How many times shall we go through this loop?

How about posting something to do with the Anti-Christian conspiracy? Surely that would get us out of this loop..

I have met people involved. What (besides what I've already stated) would you like to know?

That's all well and good, but obviously being a well-rounded ATS member, I'm sure you don't think 'I know this and I know that' would suffice as evidence. How about some details/facts?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

How about posting something to do with the Anti-Christian conspiracy? Surely that would get us out of this loop..

That's all well and good, but obviously being a well-rounded ATS member, I'm sure you don't think 'I know this and I know that' would suffice as evidence. How about some details/facts?

I can't believe you're going to make ME do all the work yet again. Give me time to dig through the pages to appease your apparent lack of willingness to do any research on your part. I'll be back with you soon. I'm not going to cut and paste routine again, I'll link the pages where the information can be found. When I do so, this will be it brother, not going to do it again. Sorry. You have been forewarned, advised, notified, etc. No amount of whining will convince me otherwise in the future.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I can't believe you're going to make ME do all the work yet again.

If it puts you out too much then by all means don't bother. I'm not the one who's supposed to be disproving an Anti-Christian conspiracy to you, you're the one who's supposed to be proving it.

Give me time to dig through the pages to appease your apparent lack of willingness to do any research on your part.

Lack of willingness is your opinion, albeit a wrong opinion. I haven't seen any evidence on this thread. I recall a story about two Christians being murdered by supposed Satanists, that wasn't followed up on, so It can't have been very important. I've not seen you post names or people who are at the forefront of this conspiracy, yet you say you have met them.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This thread has been derailed and rerailed so many times..

It reminds me of an arguement where a boy and a girl are arguing who is smarter.

The boy says boys are smarter, and the girl says girls are smarter.

The boy points in the direction of an automobile wheel , and says to the girl, whats this if your so smart?

She says, a tire. The boy says rim. Yet another friend says a hubcap.

For it is written:

Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
Or you will also be like him.
Answer a fool as his folly deserves,
That he not be wise in his own eyes

And yes, madness, I know I used this in reponse to you. Any man that says :

what god commanded was stupid.

Is seeking to start an arguement...and I will retort..Proverbs 26

As charcoal to embers and as wood to fire,
so is a quarrelsome person for kindling strife.

To the Believer in regards to argueing every point of your faith, this

Without wood a fire goes out;
without a gossip a quarrel dies down.

This whole forum..in its embodiement is fueled by Gossip. You, the unbeliever make it sound like we as believers benefit from gaining your faith unto yourself. But in fact we seek to aleviate the very problems engaged within this forum with the teachings of Christ.

I seek to establish truth. Eliminate Hate. Promote Global Unity. Not Division, and its not going to happen without the unbeliever and the believer working together. For their was righteousness before Christs Teachings. All around us the world is full of acts of selfless heroism.

But even with Christs teachings, we are a faith divided. All one has to do is look at the abortion issue. Greed? Our houses have plenty while people are homeless and hungry. We are hypocrits on many levels.

The non believer has a right to point the finger at us through examples of our own poor choices and lack of truly carrying our own crosses and honoring the spirit of Christs teachings..

Humility. Do thy duty. Show the direction.Inspiration. Envision the result. Love one another.

Peace

[edit on 10-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
And yes, madness, I know I used this in reponse to you. Any man that says :

what god commanded was stupid.

Is seeking to start an arguement...and I will retort..Proverbs 26

actually, i'm seeking to see if there is a logically sound defense of what god commanded. if anything i'm seeking understanding of your position.

and i love that you ignored everything else i said just because of that 1 point and instantly resorted to biblical name calling instead.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hmm...I'm going to have to agree with madness on the namecalling. Not sure how one can declare "peace!" in one sentence and in the next declare "fool!". Perhaps HiFi was quoting how it was foolish to argue. In which case madness and I are the fools
. If I'm a fool, so be it so long as I'm a fool for Christ's sake.

I know that HiFi is blessed as a peacemaker and yes, there is a time for casual, calming conversation like with family, friends and co-workers. Here, however, when we've all put on our masks and log into ATS, we're ready to take a few punches at things that don't make sense to us. I think this is both a good and healthy activity for all of us. We don't have to bow and curtsey in the fear of offending others. Rather we can be open and candid with one another in a way that is unfound in any other arena I know of. If I thought puppy-patting would be the best way to discuss the topics we have here, I most certainly would. But, sugar-coating is not what people here want, rather, they come here to escape that and find real answers. It was hard for me to bring up Satanism and an Anti-Christian Conspiracy here. I know someone personally who is involved (and is a friend of sorts). I know it opens me up to a kind of attack. But, I also know that this very real presence needs to be recognized in order to prevent further damages.

You're a strong saint HiFi, each time you speak, I'm grateful you do. Many days I need your words to remember not to be too strong with my words, and kind in my handling of others. If I met any ATS'er face to face, I'm sure we'd get along more famously than someone who does not like to engage in these kinds of discussions.

To shauny, still haven't forgotten about ya. I posted a lot of details regarding Satanism (the cults, locations, activities, motives, objective) and affiliates. The problem is the further away from the core one travels, the harder it is to see all the strings attached. It's high calibre rope in Satanism, whereas its fishing line in someone less apparent such as hedonism. They're connected nonetheless. If we cannot agree with the simple foundation that Satan/ists are Anti-Christian, there's no way we're going to be able to look at the larger, more complex nuances.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If we cannot agree with the simple foundation that Satan/ists are Anti-Christian, there's no way we're going to be able to look at the larger, more complex nuances.

Is Christianity not Anti-Other-Religions? Christianity tells us not to bow down to false Idols. Christians can often dish it out, hence 'Satanists are Anti-Christian'. Yet, your religion proclaims other religion's idols are false. To me I see this as Anti-Other-Religions.

I've not pretended for a second on this thread that there aren't Anti-Christian people out there. This doesn't add up to a conspiracy though. So far you've just pointed out a group that doesn't like Christians. Satanist is to Christian as the British Nationalist Party is to ethnic minorities.

And if anything modern society has a bigger affect on the numbers within the Christian church. If you were born 30 years ago, it was quite the norm for the whole family to sit round the dinner table every night, and on Sundays get up early, put some smart clothes on and go to church. Oddly enough The Simpsons is actually a perfect portrayal of this old fashioned way of living. However, modern families couldn't be any more different. There's less and less of those 'family values', and over recent years the younger generation hasn't been interested in religion. And the few that are often seek out Satanism and the like, new age religions etc. The biggest threat to Christianity is society, not some Satanist conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Hmm...I'm going to have to agree with madness on the namecalling. Not sure how one can declare "peace!" in one sentence and in the next declare "fool!". Perhaps HiFi was quoting how it was foolish to argue. In which case madness and I are the fools
. If I'm a fool, so be it so long as I'm a fool for Christ's sake.

True Peace is my objective. Man to man, man to woman. Race to race, nation to nation.

I have a friend who is from India. We spoke of the Bermuda triangle. He says Angry Water, I say storm, yet another says Ocean swells or tempest.

The Context of " Fool " can be taken in a number of ways.

In this particular case, it is one lacking common sense.

Saint, if you read back, you will see that as I look at scripture, you and I have fallen into the trap of responding to that which is kindling to a fire.

Christ said it best. Speak the Truth quietly and clearly to the best of your ablitiy. If you are not acceped, then dust off your sandles and move on.

When one does not know God, but says blatantly that what God commanded was stupid. I was stopped cold with no response. Something deep within said do not respond.

The statement was lacking in consideration or respect was without merit or backing, and I consulted scripture for guidance. He is indeed entitled to his opinion. But many men who are much wiser then I have walked this earth, and I looked for guidance in terms of an aswere and found this..

Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
Or you will also be like him.
Answer a fool as his folly deserves,
That he not be wise in his own eyes

As charcoal to embers and as wood to fire,
so is a quarrelsome person for kindling strife.

Here is a story....

There was a scorpion who wished to cross a river. He ask a nearby frog.
The Frog says, I cant give you a ride, for you will sting me and I will drown.
The scorpion says..now why would I do that?
If I sting you, Id drown myself.
The Frog sees his point, and gives him a ride. While in the middle of the river, the scorpion stings the frog.
The frog says, why did you do that? Now were both going to drown..

The Scorpion says..Its my Nature...

Brother Anthony, know the scorpion. We seek to keep the scorpion from drowning himself, but at times we drown ourselves in the process.

I seek not to be kindling for a fire that cannot be quenched until there is understanding.

Peace

[edit on 12-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

i'm not lacking common sense here, i'm demonstrating it. you're the one being a bit pompous and staying on the arrogant high-horse put forth in the bible on so many occasions.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

i'm not lacking common sense here, i'm demonstrating it. you're the one being a bit pompous and staying on the arrogant high-horse put forth in the bible on so many occasions.

Dont confuse arrogance with confidence.

When you have seen what I have seen, and heard what I have heard, then perhaps you will know the horse I ride.

Peace

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
Dont confuse arrogance with confidence.

confidence comes from certainty, arrogance comes from lack of doubt (yes, this makes sense, just read and think if you don't get it)

When you have seen what I have seen, and heard what I have heard, then perhaps you will know the horse I ride.

sorry, i'm not interested in the subjective, i'm interested in the OBJECTIVE

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

sorry, i'm not interested in the subjective, i'm interested in the OBJECTIVE

Hmm..Not interested in the subjective..yet you say this in response to what RIGHT and WRONG are.

right and wrong are based on simple secular moral philosophy.

Like the ObjectiveTen Commandments as delivered to Moses by God that somehow turned into subjective as people chose to substitute their own moral code for that of Gods.

When you say philosophy, you do mean subjective right? This subjective philosophy is something that you say your not interested in which really makes me wonder just what your trying to say.

Just what was the OBJECTIVE of Jesus, Bhuda and confucius in a non Subjective way.

Please tell in an Objective way the Wisdom of these teachers.

Peace

[edit on 13-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

new topics

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join