It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think you're misunderstand what I'm saying. I never once said I do not believe in God. I am not going to post all my beliefs here to convince you I am not as narrow minded as you may think I am due to your assumptions(which is poor communication by the way) of me.

If you want to know more of what I believe, do a search on my posts.

We all know that man has edited the bible on countless occasions. So...that being said...the bible, or any of them for that matter cannot be used as reference. When I mentioned that you should get some people to re-write it ever so often...I was refering to the fact that for some of the people that edited it...they placed things that do not make sense, or extracted things that would. So I was sarcastially suggesting that you have someone re-write it to cover all the angles.

Saint4god mentioned that some religious sects practice certain things while others do not. Are Catholics Christian? Yes. I do not see your point.

I am not talking about what you practice, I am talking about religion. You mentioned "cherry-picking". Honestly...if you read the bible thoroghly & actually think about some of the things that is wirtten in it...you'd definitely have to do some cherry picking. Let me break some thing down like this...there are heads-of-church that would redicule & probably expel you because you may not practice all of what they preach(cherry picking, because some of their teachings are quite rediculous if you ask me). That right there is solely the religious aspect. Birth control has nothing to do with God. A female pastor doesn't sound like something God would dislike(I could be wrong about that though...because your Catholic priest says so). I hope you get my point. To them, if you do not practice ALL of what they preach you are not entirely, or at all Christian. That is simply the religious aspect. You may consider yourself Christian...but they may not. I do not think God invented religion or Christianity. That would mean that people who do choose to believe in another faith(maybe becasue it makes more sense to them, find more peace there...or simply works for them) would all go to hell...no questions asked.

Do not judge me...do not misread what I have said. I am a very spiritual person, I am not going to give you reasons why I am or how I am. But when it comes to religion...Christianity, Muslim, whatever...I couldn't care two hoots about any of them.

And as for the respect I mentioned earlier in my previous post...if you can sit there & honestly have respect for someone's beliefs that doesn't practice yours...you're one strange, hell of a human being, because at the end of the day...you are right, they are going to some place bad and your are better than them!

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab
Do not judge me...do not misread what I have said. I am a very spiritual person, I am not going to give you reasons why I am or how I am. But when it comes to religion...Christianity, Muslim, whatever...I couldn't care two hoots about any of them.

How can you be spiritual, but not care about other people's spiritualness.

And as for the respect I mentioned earlier in my previous post...if you can sit there & honestly have respect for someone's beliefs that doesn't practice yours...you're one strange, hell of a human being, because at the end of the day...you are right, they are going to some place bad and your are better than them!

Maybe the respect is out of sympathy

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
oops, double post.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by sdrawkcab]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Do not confuse spiritualism & religion. I respect your spiritual beliefs, not your religious beliefs. They are both different. If you can't fully grasp that by now...I hope you do sometime later. If you think your spiritual beliefs are your religious beliefs...so be it. I won't argue with that.

They say argueing with a very religious man, is like argueing with a drunk. That's true.

I also agree alot with what madnessinmysoul has stated.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Do not confuse spiritualism & religion. I respect your spiritual beliefs, not your religious beliefs. They are both different. If you can't fully grasp that by now...I hope you do sometime later.

Yeah got it Mr. I'm-better-than-everyone-else-and-can-talk-down-to-who-I-like.

I understand you can be a spiritual person and not be a part of any organized religion. However, you can still be a part of organized religion and still be spiritual. Buddhism would be a good example. That's a religion that is very highly focused on the spiritual beliefs. Not everyone fits in to a specific group, you can't just assign people to 'religion' or 'spiritual'.

If you think your spiritual beliefs are your religious beliefs...so be it. I won't argue with that.

Instead of argueing, how about discussing? Would you settle for a discussion?

They say argueing with a very religious man, is like argueing with a drunk. That's true.

I think very religious people can be very hard to get through to. That is if your goal is to change their mind about something. Maybe you should ask yourself why you're trying to change their mind/opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There is nothing to discuss. I am tired of writing something that apparently has no point. I do not try to change ones' views, just like they do not try to change mines.

If you think I believe I am better than everyone & can talk down to whomever I like. Then, so be it. I will not argue...I will not discuss, simply for the fact that nothing changes. You think the way you do & I think the way I do.

If you think something good will come of us discussing this...you're much more open minded & have a much more positive outlook than me.
I am done.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

If you think something good will come of us discussing this...you're much more open minded & have a much more positive outlook than me.
I am done.

So you're a spiritual person, yet don't have an open mind and don't have a positive. So from this we can come to a conclusion that you are a closed-minded, negative, yet spiritual person.

I find that sort of contradicts the whole point of spiritualism. Spiritualism in essence is positivity.

Maybe you'd like to share you ideas of spirituality with us.. Because I've not seen any hint so far. You've just come in here with guns blazing, and expected people to roll over and say 'Yeah I agree'. Doesn't happen that way bud.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Lol.

1: You cannot read or communicate.

2: You have no clue what sarcasm or irony is.

3: You cannot read or communicate. I will reapeat that...you cannot read or communicate. You go right along and type whatever feels good to you. I will read it & laugh...because, like I said, you cannot read or communicate. Communication entails understanding, which you clearly lack the ability to do. Did I ever say I was closed minded & negative. You see what you want to see. The word sarcasm ring a bell? Maybe irony? Lol It's humorous even.

I said I do not try to chnage people's minds, just like they do not try to change mine. If that didn't hint where I was coming from, I do not know what will.

Now...hoping that you got my point, I will ask you this. Do you honestly think something good is going to come of us bickering about this situation?
Are either of us gaining anything from this? What positive is coming out of this? Answer me honestly. That same very question I asked in my previous post was probably the only non sarcastic/ironic thing I said in the entire post. Like I said...you cannot read or communicate. How old are you? Lol, don't answer that. I was just being sarcastic. If you don't know what the word means...look it up.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I can't read? Elaborate please.

Communicate? I think by the very nature of this board, I am communicating. I also use phones, msn, email, letters and talking in person to communcate. Unless you're being sarcastic?

Did I ever say I was closed minded & negative. You see what you want to see. The word sarcasm ring a bell? Maybe irony? Lol It's humorous even.

You said that I had a much more positive outlook and open mind than you, which suggests that you don't see yourself as a very positive person or open minded. What's irony or sarcasm got to do with anything?

Now...hoping that you got my point, I will ask you this. Do you honestly think something good is going to come of us bickering about this situation?

Why do you need to call it bickering? I wasn't attempting to bicker. I was attempting to have a discussion, afterall that's why this forum is here isn't it? But you outright said you didn't want to discuss anything. Maybe that was you being sarcastic?

How old are you? Lol, don't answer that. I was just being sarcastic. If you don't know what the word means...look it up.

That's not sarcasm at all. You need to look up the word.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
god wouldn't change so much as the way god speaks to people would. you can't read the current edition of the bible and get the same things out of it as people that read each book of the bible as it was written got out of it.

if your god does exist, i doubt it would speak to humanity today as it spoke to us thousands of years ago.

This is a good point, well thought out in my opinion
. Thanks madness.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

We all know that man has edited the bible on countless occasions.

This statement is false, as I do not "know that man has edited the bible on countless occasions". Care to provide some evidence to support your statement? Even if I agree, we all don't know.

Saint4god mentioned that some religious sects practice certain things while others do not. Are Catholics Christian? Yes. I do not see your point.

Are all Christians Catholic? No. See the point yet?

I am not talking about what you practice, I am talking about religion. You mentioned "cherry-picking". Honestly...if you read the bible thoroghly & actually think about some of the things that is wirtten in it...you'd definitely have to do some cherry picking.

You'd have to actually thing about all the things that is written, else yes, equally subject to "cherry-picking" which we should agree is incorrect.

To them, if you do not practice ALL of what they preach you are not entirely, or at all Christian.

That's not a problem with Christianity. Christianity tells you to square with God, not "them". "They" may be guides, instructors, or servants, but not at all judges.

You may consider yourself Christian...but they may not.

According to the Bible (the same book they hold), it does not matter what men say.

I do not think God invented religion or Christianity. That would mean that people who do choose to believe in another faith(maybe becasue it makes more sense to them, find more peace there...or simply works for them) would all go to hell...no questions asked.

You have a "therefore" based upon your thinking. Nobody knows if there will be questions asked. I can say there will be a judgement, and it will not be easy at all for those who have to account for each and every wrong thing they'd thought, done, and good the things they'd failed to do in their lives.

Do not judge me...do not misread what I have said.

Surely, please don't do either for me as well.

I am a very spiritual person, I am not going to give you reasons why I am or how I am. But when it comes to religion...Christianity, Muslim, whatever...I couldn't care two hoots about any of them.

Certainly your decision.

I'm one strange human being according to your if statement, but I do not have a say in where they go & know I'm no "better" than anyone else.

For those wondering what this has to do with the topic, sdrawkcab's statements further illustrate a contributing mindset behind it.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by saint4God]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
I think very religious people can be very hard to get through to. That is if your goal is to change their mind about something. Maybe you should ask yourself why you're trying to change their mind/opinion.

Touche'! I'd love to hear the answer to this myself.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

3: You cannot read or communicate. I will reapeat that...you cannot read or communicate. You go right along and type whatever feels good to you. I will read it & laugh...because, like I said, you cannot read or communicate. Communication entails understanding, which you clearly lack the ability to do. Did I ever say I was closed minded & negative. You see what you want to see. The word sarcasm ring a bell? Maybe irony? Lol It's humorous even.

I said I do not try to chnage people's minds, just like they do not try to change mine. If that didn't hint where I was coming from, I do not know what will.

Are either of us gaining anything from this? What positive is coming out of this? Answer me honestly. That same very question I asked in my previous post was probably the only non sarcastic/ironic thing I said in the entire post. Like I said...you cannot read or communicate. How old are you? Lol, don't answer that. I was just being sarcastic. If you don't know what the word means...look it up.

Get off the board. You should have a warning already. I'll report another ignorant attack like this should it come up again.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
1stly, communication entails, reading, speaking, listening and understanding. Now, you all know how to do them all, except understand.

When I said you cannot communicate, the understanding aspect of it is exactly what I was talking about. I understand where you all are coming from entirely, but some of you don't seem to understand a thing that I'm saying. Am I speaking gibberish?

An attack? What attack are you talking about saint? an "ignorant attack" you call it. That's funny.

I mentioned shauny as having a much more open mind than me. Am...by chance, could that be irony? Apparently you still do not understand what I was saying and have no clue what irony is.

This is exactly why I should have stopped a long time ago. I get your points, but I disagree with them You all do not get my points, and still disagree with them. That's cool, but why am I getting into something that has no benefit to me or you? I am not gaining anything & seeing that I am making "ignorant attacks", you all aren't gaining anything either.

Do a search on editing the bible. I saw a documentary of that on National Geographic late last year. The thing is...I cannot prove that. I can only gather information from what I believe to be, reliable sources. However...translators have translated the bible, I'm sure an error occured one or twice...maybe fifteen times? But then again, I have no proof of that. It was just a logical assumption, but what's logic without proof right? Lol.

Like I said, everytime I speak, some of you read & see what you want to see. You do not read & see what I am saying. I f you were, we would not be having this rediculous circular-shaped debate.

And lastly, I have siad many times dealing with this topic what are the religious aspects of Christianity. Again, saint, you do not get my point. I never said you are not Christian. I have no problem with real with Christians(genuinely good, caring, unselfish, logical people - not necessarily labeled Christian, but some Christians are great people, who do some cherry picking here & there) , I have a problem with Christianity and all religions. For the hundreth time, understand what I am saying. How do you want me to explain this, because apparently my explanations are pretty vague. Maybe I do not know how to communicate myself. Some practices of religion are qute stupid(need I mention some of the Catholic laws again - I would mention other laws of other religions, but I do know these others as fact). Some of those laws are strictly the religious aspect of it. I'm sure you won't condemn a female pastor saint? What about a homosexual and lesbian? Now, choosing to not follow ALL of ones doctrine is cherry picking. You may pick out the parts that do not make sense for you & discard them. Doing this however is not practicing your religion, it is going against it(Has anyone gotten my point at all?). Following these laws/guides entirely is what is religious about this. I do not know what religious sect you belong to, but I hope it isn't as flawed as the some of the others.

If you do understand what I'm saying...great. If not, I will take my "ignorant attacks" and be gone.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I do believe you owe shauny an apology as well as "all" per your statement here:

you all know how to do them all, except understand.

You are saying that you are the only one here who is capable of any understanding...and I HIGHLY doubt this is the case. I'll do as I say and notify a mod about the belitting attitude you have for us "all". As to your points which are irrelevant to the topic, perhaps I'll address them post-apology.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My last point was dealing with the topic. My previous points were to clarify my statements of communication, misinterpretation and the likes.

When I said "all" I was referring to you and shauny. I apologise to other members of the board if they think I was directing it at them. I was not directing my statement to anyone except you and shauny. I will not aplogise to shauny because it was not an attack, or insult. If he takes it that way; so be it. I did not think both you and shauny understood me, so I said that.

If I am wrong and you did understand me, I will apologise to you all(all being shauny and yourself) because I made a wrong statement based upon poor judgment. Judgment based upon your reactions to my statements.

I do not think I am the only person who understands what is being said on this topic, because I am sure there are others who understand what both you and shauny are saying and also what I am saying.

If my statements get me expelled from the site, so be it. But I am not apologising for saying that you and shauny do not understand my points. If you did not understand them I do not see any attack or insult there. If you do understand them, I made a wrong assumption based upon your statements directed at what I said.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

1stly, communication entails, reading, speaking, listening and understanding. Now, you all know how to do them all, except understand.

What does this have to do with the Anti-Christian conspiracy? Shall we stay on topic and lay-off the character attacks?

When I said you cannot communicate, the understanding aspect of it is exactly what I was talking about. I understand where you all are coming from entirely, but some of you don't seem to understand a thing that I'm saying. Am I speaking gibberish?

What is it exactly that you want us to understand? I'm not sure what you're trying to get across, because I can't see what this has to do with the Anti-Christian conspiracy.

I mentioned shauny as having a much more open mind than me. Am...by chance, could that be irony? Apparently you still do not understand what I was saying and have no clue what irony is.

Why is that ironic though?

Irony is an stress relief scented candle burning down your home.

Mentioning that I have a more open mind than you, where's the irony?

This is exactly why I should have stopped a long time ago. I get your points, but I disagree with them You all do not get my points, and still disagree with them. That's cool, but why am I getting into something that has no benefit to me or you? I am not gaining anything & seeing that I am making "ignorant attacks", you all aren't gaining anything either.

What is your point? How can I disagree with your points, when I don't even know what your points are.

Do a search on editing the bible. I saw a documentary of that on National Geographic late last year.

As we all know National Geographic set the standards in what is Truth and what is not Truth.

The thing is...I cannot prove that. I can only gather information from what I believe to be, reliable sources. However...translators have translated the bible, I'm sure an error occured one or twice...maybe fifteen times?

What passages are likely to been changed or edited so much that the original teaching was lost? Perhaps they missed out Genesis 1:1 where it says 'The following is a fictional piece of work and has no meaning or no relevance in the real world whatsoever, the characters are also fictional and are losely based on somewhat real people that may or may not have existed'.. in the beginning..

Like I said, everytime I speak, some of you read & see what you want to see. You do not read & see what I am saying. I f you were, we would not be having this rediculous circular-shaped debate.

Well the topic is Anti-Christian conspiracy. What does editing The Bible have to do with this?

I have a problem with Christianity and all religions.

All? Even buddhism. What's your problem with Buddhism? Do you have anger towards people of that religion? I'm going to Thailand on Sunday, sure there will be lots of drinking and stuff I probably couldn't repeat on here, but I do intend (on the lazy sun-soaked days) to find my way to a temple, and learn a thing or two. A very nice chance to see and learn about other cultures.

Some practices of religion are qute stupid

So if you had to do one stupid thing to reach enlightenment, you wouldn't? Are you worried about letting go or following a rule that might seem 'stupid'? Practices aren't meant to be easy, they're a challenge. For priesthood, their personal challenge is no sex, they are totally giving themselves to God, maybe that's stupid to you or I, but they take something like that very seriously.

If you do understand what I'm saying...great. If not, I will take my "ignorant attacks" and be gone.

Why are you so intent on leaving? Your arguements aren't falling on deaf ears.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by shaunybaby]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is hopeless. I've now realized I wasted about 3 hours or so of my time actually typing anything at all. It's not that you don't understand part of what I'm saying...

You don't understand anything. Or choose not to. It doesn't matter though.

Ohh, irony, in English language figures of speech is saying something, but you actually mean the opposite of what you're saying.

I hope you both have a good day(and this is in no way meant to be ironic), 'cause I feel like I'm loosing my mind.
Peace out.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

This is hopeless. I've now realized I wasted about 3 hours or so of my time actually typing anything at all. It's not that you don't understand part of what I'm saying...

You don't understand anything. Or choose not to. It doesn't matter though.

I've understood what you've said, I've read what you've said, and I've thrown some questions in there to further the discussion.

Why is it hopeless? Because I'm not agreeing with everything you say, is that why?

Ohh, irony, in English language figures of speech is saying something, but you actually mean the opposite of what you're saying.

How could I possibly know if you're being ironic? Am I supposed to 2nd guess everything everyone says?

I hope you both have a good day(and this is in no way meant to be ironic), 'cause I feel like I'm loosing my mind.
Peace out.

So because you don't get your own way, you're leaving?

I figured you would want to discuss points you raised in your previous post, so I threw in some questions, hence I am trying to understand what you're saying and responded to that, but your only response is still 'you don't understand anything I say, I'm outta here'.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
He's leaving because you didn't even show the slightest effort in considering anything he said. Which is arrogance. I can see why he decided it was a waste of his time.

As for religion... it's disgusting really.
Each religion is telling the people it isn't 'as bad' as another religion.
Who f***ing cares how bad you are, it's still a belief in a figment of your imagination, an 'imaginary friend' that is supposively going to keep you alive once you are dead.
This 'imaginary friend' aparrently created everything, including himself, which is such an ovious cop-out from spending some time and effort and actually researching facts.

Every religion preaches peace, and goodwill. Yet, most religions (Yes even you christians) are guilty of mass murder, and sins not even a moderate Atheist would touch! All claiming it's in the name of god.

The rest of you, while you may be good people, are only giving the nut cases justification for their actions, in that because others believe in what I believe in, I can do whatever the hell I want.

Wake up, open your eyes,
and lets start focusing on making this planet better for the NEXT generation, instead of being so damn selfish and worrying about what happens to YOU after you have died... YOURE GOING TO DIE, GET OVER IT.

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join