It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I met the Lord Jesus Christ when I was six years old and gave my life to Him, to use as He sees fit.

And I have a very hard time, these days, walking into ANY Christian Church without choking on the words they speak, automatically and by rote.

I'm choking on it. If George Bush is a Christian, I'm a rooster or gerbil.

Emily

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
Maybe it's a lot harder to forgive for the deaths of 3000+ people. However, does 1000+ dead American soldiers, 100+ dead British soldiers and god knows how many dead Iraqi soldiers and god knows how many innocent dead Iraqi civilians really make up for 9/11?

I don't think the Iraqi invasion was a result of 9/11 directly. Clinton was puddling around the Afganistan area long before 9/11, as well as Bush Sr. sending signals to Saddam. I don't see it as an "act, react" situation as much as an, "okay, time to execute plan alpha". Just my perpective, never was invited to a white house dinner...

Originally posted by shaunybaby
Is that our solution to terrorism? More death... hardly a 'solution'.

I can agree with that. Dunno what the boys in D.C/Parliments see.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaiyah99
I met the Lord Jesus Christ when I was six years old and gave my life to Him, to use as He sees fit.

Wow! That's awesome. I was a stubborn ole goat...

Originally posted by chaiyah99
And I have a very hard time, these days, walking into ANY Christian Church without choking on the words they speak, automatically and by rote.

I'm choking on it. If George Bush is a Christian, I'm a rooster or gerbil.

Emily

Surely there's a Bible believing/teaching one for you out there somewhere. Which ones have you visited?

I don't like how in this country you can't be a rooster or gerbil, only an Elephant or an Ass.

Wouldn't it be nice to vote issue by issue?

What were we talking about again? Oh yes, american politcs.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The "divisions" between Liberal/Conservative, Left/Right, Demo/Repug are more apparent than real. Hegelian Dialectics, the strategy of the money mongers.

The REAL ISSUE, "governing by the consent of the governed" has been dropped by all political parties, en toto. They don't even argue with throwing away our Constitution and adopting a Globalist model of top-down dictatorial governance.

There's no longer any ROOM for whether we consent or NOT. Doesn't matter. They don't CARE.

Since our elections appear to be rigged, our Congress intimidated, the FBI/CIA combine complicit, and most of us frankly, terrified, maybe it will take an Act of God to break things loose, I dunno.

Em

[edit on 28-3-2006 by chaiyah99]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Why do I still have a warning, even though the question was a perfectly legitimate approach to Shaunybaby's "Crutch" theory? He claims christians need God like a crutch, and I submit that some people also use sex as a crutch. Also, we are more than simply physical, we are also spiritual, and God feeds our spiritual natures in the same way food feeds our physical natures.

Bleh, Shaunybaby, can you request they remove my Warning, since I was simply responding with a logical track regarding the topic of "crutches"?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What's this "warning" thing you're referring to?

How does that work?

Is there some specific ways that we are not supposed to express ourselves?

Is this Forum like the ancient Chinese imperial court in which the expected language is as follows : "Everybody thinks ... "

Whazza deal? Just curious.

Em

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I asked shaunybaby if he "needed sex". It was a lead up to a refutation of his belief that christians need and use God as a crutch. I was going to establish that physical requirements, such as sex and food, are no different . Apparently, it sounded as if I were accusing him of being uptight and therefore in need of sex, which was not where I was going with the question.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, having been guilty of being tactless myself a time or two; I'll just hope things smooth out for you. (Is this reply long enough ... ?)

[edit on 28-3-2006 by chaiyah99]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hey, it wasn't lacking in tact! lol How dareth you-eth. Actually, it was a statement, such as you might make when discussing the various needs of a human being. We require food, shelter, sleep, sex, companionship, and ( this is where shaunybaby parts company) we need God. The other needs are, in his estimation, legitimate. But needing God, he says, is a crutch.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
God feeds our spiritual natures in the same way food feeds our physical natures.

The problem arises when those we trust take advantage of our spiritual hunger, and feed us McJesus.
. We need to go on a spiritual diet!!! Lose the bagage that weighs us down. We are eternal beings, and we shouldn't fear, hate, or look down upon anyone.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
The problem arises when those we trust take advantage of our spiritual hunger, and feed us McJesus.

RDRR, U so punny. Have a bite of McCivilized and let's talk.

We need to go on a spiritual diet!!! Lose the bagage that weighs us down. We are eternal beings, and we shouldn't fear, hate, or look down upon anyone.

Funny, Jesus said the same thing. Are you sure you're not selling a McKnockoff?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

. We need to go on a spiritual diet!!! Lose the bagage that weighs us down. We are eternal beings, and we shouldn't fear, hate, or look down upon anyone.

Agreed, but the problem is, this is not specific to christians. It's an universal fault, in human nature, to fear, hate and look down upon others who are different than you in some way. Shaunybaby has declared "christians" (these blanket statements are designed to imply that everyone who calls themselves christians, is automatically guilty of everything ever done by anyone that calls themselves christians) to be less than intelligent and weaker-minded, genetically. He would be a prime candidate for belief in the theory that the US "Jesusland" is actually composed of idiots.

In review, if we are to give the topic a thorough research, we could likewise accuse all atheists of everything ever done by any given atheist. Or all pagans are guilty of anything ever done by any given pagan. Caesar was a pagan. He not only killed hundreds of thousands of christians, he also killed people from other lands until they relented and joined the pagan Roman Empire. And of course, there are lots of examples of atheistic leaders who committed horrible atrocities as the leaders of their people. There's not a belief system on this planet, that hasn't been used by those who lack in scruples or moral fiber, for less than noble purposes.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by undo]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
"god is the caveman's answer to why the sun rises, the lightning flashes, and the rain falls."

-me, at this very moment

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

RDRR, U so punny. Have a bite of McCivilized and let's talk.

We need to go on a spiritual diet!!! Lose the bagage that weighs us down. We are eternal beings, and we shouldn't fear, hate, or look down upon anyone.

Funny, Jesus said the same thing. Are you sure you're not selling a McKnockoff?

Sorry Saint, I only meant to compare the McDonald's hamburgers to the real thing. And to compare the idea of drive-through religions to those that really care about their followers, and all of humanity alike. McJesus eaters could be compared to the Sheeple I spoke of earlier. The ones who just find it easier to grab the quick answer than take the time to realy search for the truth.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
"god is the caveman's answer to why the sun rises, the lightning flashes, and the rain falls."

-me, at this very moment

And so all members of society should automatically be scientists, do you think? If the end result is the same, the point is not lost on the less educated. A scientist can describe, scientifically, why the sun rises. How does this definition for it, however, change the possible reasons for why it does rise? If God created it anyway, and set it in motion, the end result is still the same. I happen to be very good at something that you are not very good at. Does that mean you are an inferior being to me, genetically, and are therefore insane?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Sorry Saint, I only meant to compare the McDonald's hamburgers to the real thing. And to compare the idea of drive-through religions to those that really care about their followers, and all of humanity alike. McJesus eaters could be compared to the Sheeple I spoke of earlier. The ones who just find it easier to grab the quick answer than take the time to realy search for the truth.

Ah. I'll say that I admire people who have enough faith to find the truth on the first shot and not being cold cynics as myself. Hats off to them I say, for being able to learn the easy way. They've gotta have that personal relationship with God and read their Word, else they may bump into goats in sheep's clothing.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

-me, at this very moment

It may be an original quote, but a far cry from an original thought. I wouldn't recommend writing a book without first checking other copyrights.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Taking the Bible as a whole, five Covenants are articulated, not just two.

Adam agreed to a Covenant of Stewardship, but he defaulted when he muffed a small detail that apparently wasn't a small detail.

Noah agreed to build a boat on the side of a mountain. He must have been crazy or desperate; but he did it. He satisfied the Covenant, and he and his family lived on.

Abraham was wealthy, with flocks and slaves. He agreed to leave everything he had (keeping his wealth secure) and take off in a direction he knew nothing about, and WRITE DOWN for all posterity, all his descendants so that--someday down the road--he would get a piece of real estate of his own, for that same bunch of people who were wandering around with him.

Some deal, eh? Okay. He took it. He did it. Good for him.

Moses. Now, Moses took HIS deal because he grew up in Pharoah's household but he killed a soldier when he was forty, and SO he had to flee for his life. AFTER 40 years tending sheep he was WILLING to accept a deal, to go BACK to Egypt and pull out all his relatives from there, to go find the place that Abraham had been promised and settle a new town. Age 80, he took this on. Sounds rather uncertain to me too; but Moses did it. He satisfied the deal.

And then there was Jesus. And His deal got interrupted by His death. That would spoil it, one would think. But no. He kept going. And I don't know whether He finished His deal or not; but that's the deal I'm into.

Where was I going with this? Oh yes. Covenants with YHVH, the one called "God."

Covenants have been progressive : land stewardship, survival, literacy, law, Grace (another word for Fairness, I guess). And so, the people involved in these covenants over the centuries have learned some things in a progressive way, if they've been paying attention.

Naturally, there are lots of slackards. And they're the ones that get us all in trouble. Even us Anglicans.

Does this make sense to y'all? (I spent enough time in Texas to know that "y'all" is the PLURAL form of "gotcha!")

Emily

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Personally, I'm pretty much fed up with all the accusations:

1. Christians are weak-minded.
2. Christians are projecting God unto a blank canvas.
3. Christians are idiots.
4. Christians lack in intelligence quotient.
5. Christians are insane.
6. Christians are sheeple.
7. All christians burned witches in Salem, killed everyone in the Inquistion and agreed with the War in Iraq.
8. Christians want to hold back all marches towards technology.
9. Christians are the primary reason there's no disclosure on the UFO question.

Etc, so on and etc.

Let's try this on for size:

1. Jews are weak-minded.

I didn't think so.

Or how about this one:

1. Pagans are idiots.

No?

What about this little gem:

1. Atheists are insane.

And here's my personal favorite. Being female, I can easily do the blanket statement:

1. Men are pigs.

No?

I didn't think so.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
No "religious" person with real conviction, will ever allow themselves to objectively analyze the foundation of their belief structure for fear that it will jeopardize their faith. Doubt belies true faith; they are diametrically opposed mental/spiritual states. A large number of them will deny the validity of this statement vehemently, if the issue is addressed. They will defend their faith by pointing out particular issues that they don't fully understand, or various points that they may even disagree with. Then they will devoutly state that their faith is strong, despite these observations, and that the failing in wisdom is obviously within themselves, as their God is perfect, and thence the "divine" guidance contained in their scripture (whatever it may be) is infallible. They will state that they just don't seem to possess sufficient wisdom in order to fully comprehend the meaning, and that they will have to pray/meditate/commune regarding it.

This may come as a shock to some of you, but, belief in God has absolutely nothing to do with any particular religion. It is not as if, due to the consequence of undergoing a lifetime of religious indoctrination by one culture or another, you suddenly acquire a monopoly on God. There is no Muslim God, Christian God, Jewish God, Indian God or Zimbabwean God. There is only God. God is not the crutch; religion is. You don't need the Koran, The Torah & Talmud, the KJV Bible, or any-bloody-thing else, to commune with or understand God.

This thread is meant to explore the possibility that an organised conspiracy exists with the intent and purpose of undermining, vilifying, and/or persecuting the followers of Christianity. This does not exist, nor has it ever existed. Why is this true? Honestly, it is because, for the most part, no one, outside of your belief system, could care less what you believe, unless, of course you become a political issue. On a larger scale, this is the exception; if your religion gets between a power structure and it's goals, then all bets are off. You will either be persecuted out of existence, or assimilated; destroyed or made to conform. It's nothing personal, really. What it is, is a control issue. Religions are designed for one purpose, and one purpose only (and it's not to honor God). It is to control people by using their spiritual devotion, whether it be due to love, hate, fear or hope. However, on an individual basis, what happens, to put it bluntly, is that they tick people off, with smug assurances, false humility, blatant hypocrisy, unsolicited evangelising, and the blind arrogance that their overall belief structure contains the answer to everything.

Quoting scripture to someone who doesn't recognise the perceived "divine nature" of the source, much less the religion it is associated with, is inane. What irks the people, who are searching for the Truth in their own way, is the sheer arrogance of the average "Christian" adherent. I sometimes refer to it as "passive arrogance". I've never seen more ostentatious attitudes, in people who are supposed to be following a philosophy based on meekness and humility. I have travelled all over the world and been a devout student of religion, theology, philosophy and mythology for over 30 years, and have come to this conclusion: The multitudinous divided factions of the Judeo-Christian family of faiths (including Islam), win the "booby prize" for being the absolute worst substantiated, ill-conceived, disinformed, plagiaristic, invasive, evasive, and conflicted templates for a religion ever to be devised by man. Yes, man.

Of course, none of this applies to you rare individuals out there who actually try to follow the actual philosophy to which the one commonly referred to as "Jesus" ascribed, discounting the maniacal ravings of Paul and his adherents.

new topics

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join