It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 Coronavirus home prevention tips

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

An anti-vaccination site as a source of opinion is a bit much.

As to the other -

Nonetheless, for metal nanoparticles to be used in therapeutic or prophylactic treatment regimens, it is critical to understand the in vivo toxicity and potential for long-term sequelae associated with the exposure to these compounds. Additional research is needed to determine how to safely design, use, and dispose products containing metal nanomaterials without creating new risk to humans or the environment.

- not ready for prime time.

In general when I look at all the so called remedies for viruses that include potentially dangerous alkaloid's, I can't help but wonder what the users liver's look like after years of use.

I'd approach anything like that with a full load of skepticism.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

An anti-vaccination site as a source of opinion is a bit much

Doesn't negate the facts they put forth regarding the quack known as Stephen Barrett, a failed psychiatrist, lying POS who gets paid by pro-pharma organizations to spew his rabid anti-natural anything with respect to natural health/treating diseases.

I've been considering just doing a separate thread on this, and maybe I will when I have time, but...

Why do you hate/ridicule/treat in such a condescending manner people who simply do not trust the government and modern medical establishment enough to place the lives of ourselves and our children in their hands? It isn't that I'm anti science. It is simply that I don't trust them. Why is that so hard to understand, especially considering the number of times they have been caught engaging in dangerous and illegal experimenting on our own people.

As to the other -

Nonetheless, for metal nanoparticles to be used in therapeutic or prophylactic treatment regimens, it is critical to understand the in vivo toxicity and potential for long-term sequelae associated with the exposure to these compounds. Additional research is needed to determine how to safely design, use, and dispose products containing metal nanomaterials without creating new risk to humans or the environment.

- not ready for prime time.

Yeah - or... maybe it is...

-shrug-

All I know is, CS will knock a UTI out almost overnight, even stubborn ones that drugs are not helping, at least in the cases I've seen personally.

In general when I look at all the so called remedies for viruses that include potentially dangerous alkaloid's, I can't help but wonder what the users liver's look like after years of use.

I'd approach anything like that with a full load of skepticism.

I always approach things like this with skepticism.

But I also have an open mind, and am willing to see when something works, even when the AMA tells me otherwise.

Most/all of the negative crap about CS has to do with argyria - but CS doesn't cause Argyria. This is typical of how the AMA/medical establishment demonizes things that are not profitable.
edit on 28-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

That was from your source.

Like I said, not ready for prime time which to me means, no person should be dispensing it as any treatment for anything.

I'm not hateful about it. I think common sense has to come in to play at some point. The medical community is not out to get us all, which would include their own families and loved ones.

What concerns me the most about many of the unproven remedies, who illegally by the way make the health claims, is that they rely so heavily on alkaloids. People get a little buzz and energy burst and think the pseudo-medicine is doing something meaningful, other than damaging their livers and making them nervous.

You don't trust the medical community, I don't trust the snake oil vendors. Which is more logical.

It's not personal nor do I mean it to be demeaning. People are easily manipulated when they are in fear of something. An entire industry has grown up from taking advantage of peoples fears. The coronavirus means they will be pushing their concoctions heavily to take advantage.
ETA: Thanks for the interesting debate.

edit on 2/28/2020 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/28/2020 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

"Nonetheless, for metal nanoparticles to be used in therapeutic or prophylactic treatment regimens, it is critical to understand the in vivo toxicity and potential for long-term sequelae associated with the exposure to these compounds. Additional research is needed to determine how to safely design, use, and dispose products containing metal nanomaterials without creating new risk to humans or the environment."

That was from your source.

Yes, but so is this:

"Silver nanoparticles have mainly been studied for their antimicrobial potential against bacteria, but have also proven to be active against several types of viruses including human imunodeficiency virus, hepatitis B virus, herpes simplex virus, respiratory syncytial virus, and monkey pox virus."

My apologies if I didn't make it clear, but the point was to show that silver in general has well known and established antibacterial and antiviral properties. Silver has been used by NASA and others in water purification for a long time.

Colloidal Silver has a long history of safe use in this country. That is why the FDA couldn't outright ban it

Like I said, not ready for prime time which to me means, no person should be dispensing it as any treatment for anything.

I understand. Your stance is based on the fact that there are no placebo controlled studies proving safety and efficacy. But, the reality is, it cannot be patented, so it will never be studied like that unless the government funds it - and they are in bed with the big pharma companies so unless/until that changes, they won't either. If you don't understand that, you need to educate yourself regarding the merry-go-round of FDA officials Pharma Board members.

So, all we can rely on is anecdotal evidence, and there is more than enough historical evidence to show the safety (if you disagree, by all means, point to some cases where someone got sick and/or died fro its use).

Efficacy is overblown, I freely admit, but again, it has its place. Personally, I don't think government oversight should include requiring efficacy studies, only safety studies. Let me decide for myself what works for me.

If you are open minded and like to read, a fantastic book on this is Confessions of a Medical Heretic, by Dr. Robert Mendelsohn.

If you start down that rabbit hole, another good one is The Cancer Industry, by Ralph W. Moss PhD.

I'm not hateful about it. I think common sense has to come in to play at some point.

I fully agree, it should come in very early on even.

The medical community is not out to get us all, which would include their own families and loved ones.

I agree completely. But... there is a huge difference between the working Doctors on the front lines, and the 'Doctors' that stopped practicing long ago and are now nothing more than Politicians with a medical degree - ie, the ones running the AMA, the FDA and the big Pharma companies.

The ones who control the AMA, the FDA and the big Pharma companies claim to have our best interests at heart, but let me ask you a question, and please, think about it honestly before you answer...

Do you really, honestly believe that the people in charge of large pharmaceutical companies whose profits range in the tens of billions to hundreds of billions (maybe even trillions) - or those who receive huge sums of money to protect regulate them - would pursue studying natural therapies that would ultimately put them out of business? Or would they actively pursue demonizing them and lobbying for outlawing their use?

What concerns me the most about many of the unproven remedies, who illegally by the way make the health claims,

Illegal, mainly because the medical industry lobbied for the protectionist laws, not because there is no evidence to back up the claims - at least in many cases.

is that they rely so heavily on alkaloids. People get a little buzz and energy burst and think the pseudo-medicine is doing something meaningful, other than damaging their livers and making them nervous.

Ok, I haven't encountered this argument before... hmmm...

From what little I found, it looks like maybe you are painting with an extremely broad brush?

A little googling reveals there are some medicinal herbs that are of concern, but you make it sound like it is all of them.

You don't trust the medical community, I don't trust the snake oil vendors. Which is more logical.

Not trusting either one. That is where I am.

When I research something, I examine both sides very closely, before deciding what to do.

It's not personal nor do I mean it to be demeaning.

Ok, fair enough, maybe I was including you in with some of the extreme ones who want me and my family to die, because they think I'm threatening their children somehow by choosing not to inject potentially toxic chemical soups into my children.

People are easily manipulated when they are in fear of something.

I agree completely

An entire industry has grown up from taking advantage of peoples fears. The coronavirus means they will be pushing their concoctions heavily to take advantage.

Yes, and many of those concoctions are worthless (especially if you don't determine their sources. Many are, in fact manufactured in China, and not only contain zero of the advertised active ingredients, but actually contain toxic chemicals.

ETA: Thanks for the interesting debate.

Ditto, I enjoy discussing these things, but far too often it devolves into just another ugly name-calling session.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
NAC
(N-Acetyl Cysteine)

Food for thought
thialandmedicalnews

Even WebMD thinks it has usefulness

And yeah, I know this is not a flu....

Flu (influenza). Taking N-acetyl cysteine by mouth seems to reduce flu symptoms.

www.webmd.com...
edit on Sat Feb 29 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If you befriend the local livestock vet, you can get Bovine Rotavirus-Coronavirus Vaccine. Escherichia Coli Bacterium.
Obviously it is not the same vaccine needed for Cov-19 but it cannot hurt.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

That nice ! The article mentions also Glucosamine and Ferilic Acid also...those two are unfamiliar to me

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Yeah, not on my radar either.
I read somewhere...not a wacky place either...that the older we get, the more we could benefit from NAC. Not huge doses but realistic doses....like the 600 mg a day.

I can imagine that as we age, things don't run as smoothly as when we were young and everything processes optimally.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Good to know older could benefit more, i use NOW brand 600mg with also selenium and Molybdenum , i taked usually 1200mg ...sometimes even more...maybe i take too much, i need to be more realistic .

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I seems to forget HONEY for COVID-19 prevention
Tomorrow i will buy honey .

The Reason Why Honey is the Best Medicine on Earth

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I think the only place where we may truly differ then, is I do not think false claims should be ignored. Yes people should decide for themselves, but there is a place in this for honest policing of an easily abused business.

There are plenty of products out there that are proven to be beneficial for the business to thrive. Problem is I think if I said half the products on the shelves in the stores amount to scams, I'd be underestimating.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I think the only place where we may truly differ then, is I do not think false claims should be ignored. Yes people should decide for themselves, but there is a place in this for honest policing of an easily abused business.

I understand your point, but the fact is, natural therapies are not being banned/blocked and vilified for making false claims, they are being vilified and banned for making claims that are not backed by multi-million dollar placebo controlled studies - you know, the same studies that are not required and have never been done for most cancer drugs, and yes, vaccines. There is a huge difference.

So, first, I'm all in favor of regulations punishing the making of demonstrably false claims, but it should be on the government/regulators to prove it, not the other way around. Second, I'm all in favor of truth-in labeling' regulations requiring that what is on the label is what is in the product.

Another question for you...

Who decides what constitutes a false claim?

Currently, the foxes (medical establishment with huge vested financial interests) are guarding the henhouse (the public market for their goods and services).

There are plenty of products out there that are proven to be beneficial for the business to thrive. Problem is I think if I said half the products on the shelves in the stores amount to scams, I'd be underestimating.

IU actually agree with this completely - but you have to include the vast majority of pharmaceutical drugs in that category too. Statins, used to artificially lower cholesterol in people, actually cause more problems than they solve, and to top it off, we're now learning that high cholesterol does not cause heart disease or increase risk of heart attacks. In fact, most people who die from heart attacks have low cholesterol - maybe because they were on statin drugs, and/or the extremely unhealthy 'low cholesterol' diet recommendations.

How many drugs have been on the market for years, then later withdrawn accompanied by huge class-action lawsuits due to the damage caused, that amounts to pennies on the dollars they made in profits for the stockholders of big pharma?

Incidentally, on vaccines and my mention of 'truth-in-labeling' laws - some time ago I stumbled on a study that actually performed tests on various vaccines simply to confirm that what was on the label is what was in the vaccine dose, and the results were staggering. It showed that the ingredients in individual vaccine doses can vary dramatically, and dangerously. I wish I'd saved the link to it, because I can't find it now, but it had to do with the complex manufacturing process that most vaccines go through, that made it essentially impossible - without extremely expensive processes that most manufacturers didn't utilize - to make sure each dose had the exact amounts and percentages of each ingredient. They posited that this, in fact, is why some children have more severe reactions - they get a bad dose. Of course, this is just my word, and I don't expect you to believe me, but in my book it makes sense, and I'm now going to try to find it so I can provide documentation for it in the future (and if I find it any time soon, I'll come back and post it here).

Again, great conversation, thanks!
edit on 2-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
SUNSHINE

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
look at this

www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is it for the UK at this point we could expect the see cases to steadily rise within a week or so we are now at 40 confirmed cases.

This is not to scaremonger or stoke fear to those living in the UK. I'm sure you've all heard the "Catch it, bin it, kill it" advise issued by PHE and NHS.

I would like to add at this point to consider masks and trying to stay away from busy areas. If taking public transport, using gyms or other public amenities or simple things such as handling anything at cashiers to ensure you clean your hand more often. Ideally pocket alcohol based hand washes which you can carry around with you are the best if you can get them.

If you feel Ill and suspect you caught it then do not go to your GP or A&E stay at home and isolate and call 111 for advise. If it's an emergency always call 999.

You should treat this like any other flu but with extra precautionary measures.

edit on 02America/Chicagov59am331 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Some Vitamin C information, also related to this new coronavirus

This is fantastic news!

Now if our own FDA/CDC/Medical agencies would get off their arses...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I got some food grade hydrogen peroxide to spray on produce.
Also can be used for kitchen counters, etc.
www.amazon.com...=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Exactly! But do they even want ? If there would be a desire behind the scenes to have medical martial law , they would not then want to hear about something that would be effective treatment options......tin foil hat thinking, but who knows....

edit on 3-3-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Love Beatles & George Harrison

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join