It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese City Iintroduced a Draft to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs to stop Spread of Coronavirus!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I was just answering your specific question about dogs vs. pigs. My family has been keeping dogs as companions, partners, and friends for 30,000 years. You do you.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

This is exactly right but as i stated in a previous post the problem isn't the types of animals it is how they are being caged in the markets and also to an extent where they are getting them from. I am pretty sure many of the animals in the Chinese markets are not raised on a farm but rather found and or stolen and brought to the market. There is no tracking of what these animals ate, lived in or where and then they are caged and kept in poor conditions.

The conditions they are kept in are the real problem not the animals. There are many examples on the web for people to look at of these markets and for most of them that I have seen many do not look to be fresh off a controlled farm or nice private stock of animals. It is a major issue the Chinese Government needs to correct because not only from a cultural and economic point of view the stigma of their country is getting worse than it already was.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I was just answering your specific question about dogs vs. pigs. My family has been keeping dogs as companions, partners, and friends for 30,000 years. You do you.

Does that mean they have more of a right not to be eaten than a pig?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yes.

You'll have to hit me with a harder question. I already told you why.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yes.

You'll have to hit me with a harder question. I already told you why.

Sorry, please explain. Even though a pig is just as intelligent, if not more intelligent than a dog, and can be domesticated, it's still ok to eat them? How does that make any sense?

The only reason you feel thst way is because of the cukture/society You grew up in. If some communities were brought up eating dog, then how is that any different to you growing up eating pig?

Surely if you feel that string about dogs being eaten, then you really should not be eating any meat because it's completley hypocritical.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Maybe? I'll admit my cultural background predisposes me to feel certain ways about things. I'm pretty sure that's true for everyone.

I'm USA North American, which means I get to say fun stuff like "I'm 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Scott, 1/4 German, 1/4 Russ (boo!)." How much of which isn't particularly relevant to me, but it is to others. However, here's what I was taught. We have always kept dogs as both pets and working animals. In my living memory, relatives used dogs to help with cattle. They were also used to guard gated property after dark and on weekends. My father bred Chesapeake Bay Retrievers for bird hunting. As a father myself, we always had at least one dog around to help watch the kids.

Pigs are extremely intelligent and I won't argue that they are at least as intelligent as (most) dogs and possibly as intelligent as most toddlers. Hell, I am sure there are pigs with as much intelligence as your average politician, but we don't eat people (or dogs) and bacon is delicious. What can I say?

I won't argue that Chinese people don't keep dogs as pets or companion animals. Plenty around here do. I am certain some have kept pigs as companion animals. My son likes spiders and my daughter likes rats.

I don't care if it's hypocritical. I'm not a political activist, militant vegan or hardcore PETA-person (I do love a good lamb pita, however!) It's not my job to live up to yours or anyone else's expectations and I reject your argument based on the fact that I love spare ribs and like most dogs better than I like most people. And I like people a lot.

Food for thought?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Maybe? I'll admit my cultural background predisposes me to feel certain ways about things. I'm pretty sure that's true for everyone.

I'm USA North American, which means I get to say fun stuff like "I'm 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Scott, 1/4 German, 1/4 Russ (boo!)." How much of which isn't particularly relevant to me, but it is to others. However, here's what I was taught. We have always kept dogs as both pets and working animals. In my living memory, relatives used dogs to help with cattle. They were also used to guard gated property after dark and on weekends. My father bred Chesapeake Bay Retrievers for bird hunting. As a father myself, we always had at least one dog around to help watch the kids.

Pigs are extremely intelligent and I won't argue that they are at least as intelligent as (most) dogs and possibly as intelligent as most toddlers. Hell, I am sure there are pigs with as much intelligence as your average politician, but we don't eat people (or dogs) and bacon is delicious. What can I say?

I won't argue that Chinese people don't keep dogs as pets or companion animals. Plenty around here do. I am certain some have kept pigs as companion animals. My son likes spiders and my daughter likes rats.

I don't care if it's hypocritical. I'm not a political activist, militant vegan or hardcore PETA-person (I do love a good lamb pita, however!) It's not my job to live up to yours or anyone else's expectations and I reject your argument based on the fact that I love spare ribs and like most dogs better than I like most people. And I like people a lot.

Food for thought?

Firstly, not all chinese eat dogs. In fact you will find million of chinese people have dogs for pets. You walk around Beijing, and you 100s of dog owners.

Saying that, in certain parts of China, they eat dog as long as they have eaten any other meat. And if they want to do that, then that's up too them. We have no right to tell another country what to eat and what not to eat.

It does not matter if digs are companions, or guide your house, they are still animals that have emotions. They feel happy, sad, scared, like other animals, like pigs, but that is ok, right?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The last time I ate Bacon was several months ago.

Because in my culture we don't eat cats or dogs. Because in my culture we also don't go after many borderline extinct animals for their body parts to make us sexual macho man.

Hypocrite? My Western upbringing is a hypocrite? We also don't stone gays and if you want to bed a pig go for it. George Clooney did.

Plus, put your Big Boy pants on.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yes, it gets worse than that.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

That's your opinion in your mind. Not mine.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

The last time I ate Bacon was several months ago.

Because in my culture we don't eat cats or dogs. Because in my culture we also don't go after many borderline extinct animals for their body parts to make us sexual macho man.

Hypocrite? My Western upbringing is a hypocrite? We also don't stone gays and if you want to bed a pig go for it. George Clooney did.

Plus, put your Big Boy pants on.

What, do China stone Gays? You eat bacon. Bacon come from a very intelligent animal that can be domesticated. You do this without feeling bad because your culture/society tells you it's ok to eat pig.

So are you a hypocrite? Yes you are.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Hung up on pigs? I guess that you were never in a "male" fraternity. They used to have "Hogs" night every Thursday.

Using your Guide Stones everyone on Earth is a hypocrite. Please get a grip son and pray to Jesus, Mohammad or Allah as its your choice.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Hung up on pigs? I guess that you were never in a "male" fraternity. They used to have "Hogs" night every Thursday.

Using your Guide Stones everyone on Earth is a hypocrite. Please get a grip son and pray to Jesus, Mohammad or Allah as its your choice.

Nothing to do with religion lol Its do do with the fact that people say it's wrong to eat dogs because they are intelligent animals that have feels. Pigs are intelligent animals that have feeling, but hey, that's ok to eat pigs because you say so!

It's hypocritical!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Not religion? Right. So you also make the rules to your game. Go F yourself.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Not religion? Right. So you also make the rules to your game. Go F yourself.

Don't lose your temper becsuse you are losing this debate! Becsuse I mentioned pig, that means it's about religion. If I mentioned cow, is that only about religion too becsuse into a sees cows as sacred animals?

I mentioned pigs because they are as intelligent, if not, more intelligent than dogs, and can be domesticated too. But it's ok to eat pig, even though they are as intelligent as dogs and can be domesticated like dogs.

Do you know how hypacritical that is?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

The Chinese eat pork; it was domesticated for that purpose as was beef. Why do they not attempt to domesticate exotics such as bats, skunk, snake, badger, fox, pandolin, hedgehogs, rats, civits, porcupines? Why eat mans best friend, because they enjoy it.

China also has things like roving slaughter trucks that take in sick and already dead animals that can not be taken to legal slaughter houses and processes them back in to the supply chain. They mine gutter oil that is used oil that coagulates in the sewers to be reused in street cooking. I could list a 100 other nasty/wrong things with China...eating wild bats alive is rather small.

I can name another potential scenario for quickly spreading disease in China: for some reason the Chinese spit out their saliva instead of swallowing it. Spit covers the floors of restaurants, markets, streets. Virus lives in saliva.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I won't argue that Chinese people don't keep dogs as pets or companion animals. Plenty around here do.

Funny how you skim for comprehension before posting.

You should try the veal. It's good brainfood.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I can name another potential scenario for quickly spreading disease in China: for some reason the Chinese spit out their saliva instead of swallowing it. Spit covers the floors of restaurants, markets, streets. Virus lives in saliva.

It goes on and on, like lead paint in child toys, power in baby formula that basically starved babies in Africa... It is funny how a Communist country does whatever they can for maximum profit no matter the cost to people. Life is cheap there, life is cheap in any Communist country...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I won't argue that Chinese people don't keep dogs as pets or companion animals. Plenty around here do.

Funny how you skim for comprehension before posting.

You should try the veal. It's good brainfood.

Sorry, please explain?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
please, the problem is not eating cats, bats, dogs, etc. the meat you choose to consume is up to you. there really is no difference in the animal you use for meat. most people in the west don't eat things like dogs and cats. yet people in other countries do, and have pretty much forever. just as some people will not eat horses, and others do. or some places people like to eat cows, but they don't in other areas.

personally i won't knowingly eat a cat or dog. or something like Balut (something i can easily go out and get if i wanted to). but that is pretty much only due to my cultural baggage, than for any real reason. on the other hand i have no problem, and in fact love things like pig, cow, deer, squirrel, turkey, chickens, ect. and hate things like fish (except for canned tuna). in the end no matter the animal, it's all meat. and what meat you like tends to be more culturally motivated than anything else. and then personal preference comes into play.

as for the market and conditions. things like wet markets, are all over the world where you buy things like meat, fish and eggs. where the most they do for refrigeration is to have it on ice. and even the ice is mainly things like fish and seafood. even the "stacking of cages" for live animals. such as people have said they bleed and defecate on those below, is not uncommon, even in the US and Canada. have you ever seen things like pigs and poultry transported? guess what. smaller animals like that are shipped stacked on top of each other. be it pigs transported in multi level trucks, or poultry kept in small cages, stacked on top of each other. just like those cages stacked in the market people are trying to blame for this.

the real fact is China has issues in not just it's entire meat industry (not just dogs, cats and bats), but it's entire food industry. with sick animals being used and fake or adultized meat, fish and other food products. including and possibly especially in food products they ship out of country. often illegally smuggled into other countries. long before this sickness the Philippines has had a huge problem with illegally smuggled pork goods from China. much of it infected with swine fever. and much of that using counterfeit packaging of legal and tested safe food products.

but at the same time i think China putting all this blame on that food market and things like dogs, cats and bats, is just a red hearing hiding the fact that it is the fault of their biological research/weapons facility in Wuhan. and that if anything, this market just happens to be one place where infected people infected others, and likely the food products being sold. a transmission point, and not the originator of the sickness.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join