It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese City Iintroduced a Draft to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs to stop Spread of Coronavirus!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

How about bats?

The Chinese government puts people in jail for religious beliefs, yet they can’t police primitive eating habits like eating bats, cats and dogs.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What kind of barbaric country needs laws against eating their pets? It is a disgusting, dirty place.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I have had the displeasure of watching a few of those videos. I try to avoid them like the plague, but once they start it is hard to look away. Some sicko always posts them under the guise of them being a funny video or something cute.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
here every one is calling the kettle black .
So because yu have nice neat wallleworlds you believe your Burger was humanly raised and killed ?
Lord you posters ONLY difference between the US and china we keep it hidden just incase guest come over
Lord just drive through CO here in the states and see if you an convince your self how Humanly we care for livestock .
How clean our livestock is and so one .
Or watch a video Of how Chicken Plants raise and prosees chickens and tell your self how bad china is .
As a Good book I read says worrier about the mote in your eye before you worrier about others ..
Yea sure The US is such a poster child for animal care every one should copy us .

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I think to most Americans the thought of eating a dog or cat is repulsive. I also don't think
most Americans know true starvation.

China enforced the one child policy because they were going to starve to death due to their enormous population. They were already starving. It worked with some flaws. They are going through their industrial revolution, but somehow we judge them because they are not at the same level as us. Maybe that is good and it forces them to catch up. Maybe it is bad because they will eventually surpass us.

A good friend of mine escaped Cambodia with his family..said, you will eat whatever you can get your hands on when starving.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Do you eat pork, bacon? Why is that okay, considering pigs are intelligent animals and can be domesticated. There are a lot of hypocrites on this thread! If you are going to lay into China for some of their people eating dog, then why are you not laying into people who eat pork.

Yes, I agree that the ways these animals in china are killed is disgusting, but don't be a hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Do you eat pork, bacon? Why is that okay, considering pigs are intelligent animals and can be domesticated. There are a lot of hypocrites on this thread! If you are going to lay into China for some of their people eating dog, then why are you not laying into people who eat pork.

The Chinese eat pork; it was domesticated for that purpose as was beef. Why do they not attempt to domesticate exotics such as bats, skunk, snake, badger, fox, pandolin, hedgehogs, rats, civits, porcupines? Why eat mans best friend, because they enjoy it.
edit on 27-2-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
People in Cambodia are starving. People in China are not.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I'm not excusing anything regarding China.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Nor am I but you look at a variety of cultures and there is stuff that makes you balk. heck that show fear factor was nothing but making people eat disgusting foods from other countries no?

While we have a visceral reaction to dog and cat each and every culture has something that the rest go whoa!

Take Balut from the Philippines. Pickled fertile egg you eat beak, feather and all
Or Casu marzu in Sardinia which I have had pecorino cheese wheel that they let flies lay eggs on. The maggots get to work and you eat the mush that ensues. I kept it down but yikes

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
These people are sick and deranged.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I can see not eating dogs, but cats???? They finger licking good...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The Chinese eat pork; it was domesticated for that purpose as was beef. Why do they not attempt to domesticate exotics such as bats, skunk, snake, badger, fox, pandolin, hedgehogs, rats, civits, porcupines? Why eat mans best friend, because they enjoy it.

China also has things like roving slaughter trucks that take in sick and already dead animals that can not be taken to legal slaughter houses and processes them back in to the supply chain. They mine gutter oil that is used oil that coagulates in the sewers to be reused in street cooking. I could list a 100 other nasty/wrong things with China...eating wild bats alive is rather small.

edit on 27-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: vonclod

Nor am I but you look at a variety of cultures and there is stuff that makes you balk. heck that show fear factor was nothing but making people eat disgusting foods from other countries no?

While we have a visceral reaction to dog and cat each and every culture has something that the rest go whoa!

Take Balut from the Philippines. Pickled fertile egg you eat beak, feather and all
Or Casu marzu in Sardinia which I have had pecorino cheese wheel that they let flies lay eggs on. The maggots get to work and you eat the mush that ensues. I kept it down but yikes

It's all just perspective, I remember one food show where the host travelled the globe eating some disgustingly mind shattering things ..to us.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

You completly missed my point!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

How about bats?

The Chinese government puts people in jail for religious beliefs, yet they can’t police primitive eating habits like eating bats, cats and dogs.

So it's not a primitive habit to eat pork or bacon, just because you have been brought up with that being ok in your cukture/society?

As for Chinese eating Bats. You will rarely come across a Chinese person that eats Bat in China. Maybe in some rural areas, but that's about it.

As for eating Bats as a whole, you think only Chinese people eat Bat? People consume bat meat in Africa, Asia, North America, Oceania, South America. The only reason you find it disgusting is because you were not brought up with it in your society or culture.

Again with Dogs. Most of the chinese population do not eat dog, but lime I said before, what's the difference between eating Dog and Pig?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
What kind of barbaric country needs laws against eating their pets? It is a disgusting, dirty place.

Their not eating their pets. Dogs and cats are raised and marketed for food, just like rabbits are here in the United States. I had the tough lesson as a child not to make pets out of animals that were raised for food.

Admittedly, even to this day, I can butcher and prepare an animal for the table, but if I get attached, I cannot. Amazingly, I discovered chickens can be a lot like little dogs. Egad!

To be fair to the Chinese, they are starving more than not. They probably see us as barbaric letting homeless starve in our streets and simply killing off all the abandoned cats and dogs in our animal kill shelters. To them, we are the crazy ones.

Edit add: as far as disgusting laws...even our barbaric country had to make bestiality laws since some folks have cruel sex with animals. Laws do not mean the whole populace is barbaric, it means they are not.
edit on 2 28 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Again with Dogs. Most of the chinese population do not eat dog, but lime I said before, what's the difference between eating Dog and Pig?

30 thousand years of co-evolution and friendship vs. bacon. Does that suck? Maybe. Perhaps the porcine should have evolved more cuddly cuteness?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I love the Western outrage at other nations habits. It is so hypocritical. We get het up about cats and dogs being eaten but have battery farms for poultry. We have cattle penned up their entire lives and then slaughtered......it goes on and on. And that's before we get to things like our care for the elderly - our own species!

Animals are food. People need to get used to that. Even "pets". Now personally, i couldn't eat a dog or a cat but i certainly couldn't critiscise those in other nations for doing so. I used to think South Americans were strange for eating Guinea Pig.........until i tried a Guinea Pig kebab. Absolutely delicious.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Jay-morris

30 thousand years of co-evolution and friendship vs. bacon. Does that suck? Maybe. Perhaps the porcine should have evolved more cuddly cuteness?

It's hugely bases on being a hypocrite. So it's ok to eat pig, which are very intelligent animals and can be domesticated, but not for because your own society and culture says it's bad?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join