It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Globalists and many Democrats have said USA borders should be open in response to coronavirus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Wow, another one from the go to any lengths to try to take cheap shot crowd.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
During the bubonic plague there was one area that was not having any issues. It was a quarantined area run by Monks. They were self supportive so nobody in nobody out.

I'm sure they would have been perfectly fine being called a racist under those circumstances. If I have a choice of being called dead or a racist I'm going with racist. Feel free to shout it at me over a wall or over a body of water all you want.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
BTW. There was a thread on ATS a month ago or so from the usual Trump fan boy club about how we should praise the orange one for closing borders because thar would definitely stop the virus. How's that one working out for you?
The irony in this is that the unhealthy, obese walking joke of a president will be in trouble if he gets the virus. He's 70+, obese and out of shape.
Most of his voters will be in trouble alone because of their age.
But yeah... Democrats rahh rahh rahh. If an asteroid wiped out half of the population Trumpsters would be making hyperbole threads about democrats
edit on 27-2-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Trump is saying the risk is low and I am going to trust him on this one.

You don't see trump calling for closing down the border over this virus do you?

I'm not being sac/ If you check my post history you will see that I have never thought this virus was the doom people on ats are making it out to be.

This will pass. No need to close down countries over it.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Who is happy about the stock market falling because of CV? Answer: The crazy end of the Democrats
Is Trump supposed to be blamed for CV or the stock market fall? Answer: Duh, Trump is to blamed for everything negative and anything positive is because of Obama,

If so...please explain why? Answer: TDS

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
BTW. There was a thread on ATS a month ago or so from the usual Trump fan boy club about how we should praise the orange one for closing borders because thar would definitely stop the virus. How's that one working out for you?
The irony in this is that the unhealthy, obese walking joke of a president will be in trouble if he gets the virus. He's 70+, obese and out of shape.
Most of his voters will be in trouble alone because of their age.
But yeah... Democrats rahh rahh rahh. If an asteroid wiped out half of the population Trumpsters would be making hyperbole threads about democrats

I remember a thread as you describe. I participated in it.
I don't recall anyone saying that closing the borders would "definitely stop the virus", as you claim.
edit on 27-2-2020 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Were you against Trump stopping flights from China when Leftists were calling him racist for doing so?

No.

I'm trusting trump to handle this.

Trump has not called for closing the border over this virus and until he does I'm not going to worry.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
NWO Democrats (China on board) are taking down the economy to win the Nov election !!

Dow 30 down 3500 since Feb 12 !!

🎱 🪀

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Imagine if it was a Democrat president that played down the threat of CoVid like Trump is doing.
ATS would drown in threads about how democrats and Soros are behind the outbreak. The crazy evangelicals would be arming themselves and probably putting up barricades.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

So you think it would be a good idea to bring in plane loads of Chinese direct from Wuhan and not bother to screen them at all?

Quarantine is a basic principle of stewardship. If you have a healthy population and you know bad things are out there, you keep new members of your population separate long enough to be sure they aren't infected with those bad things before introducing them to your healthy population. If you don't, you are inviting trouble.

We forget these lessons because modern medicine seems to work miracles all the time, but this is a thing we are mostly powerless against.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

By contrast...after Trump stopped flights in and out of China early on...Iran continued and stepped up flights between Wuhan and Tehran.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It was people on planes that brought the virus to the other countries.

Not a single person has been proven to have gotten it from someone that crossed a border in a car or on foot.

link   

But Trump said no need to worry, so why closing borders at all?
Dumb, dumber, Trumpster

Why close borders, do you know anything at all about how pandemics spread?
Trump said there was no worry FOR NOW, but it could become one (or did you not listen to the whole press conference, but simply heard clips of the conference from CNN, MSNBC, and liberal sites?

Pandemics spread by people who are not feeling sick fleeing their country/town/region to other towns/regions/countries. Not sick now that is, it appears there is a (2+weeks) time between initial infection, then becoming contagious - with no symptoms - feeling well - then after spreading the virus for 2+ weeks all over the area they fled to, finally becoming ill. Or did you miss that in Biology or Health classes in school?

Stopping a pandemic 101 (the level for dumb people) - Keep everyone within a radius of so many miles (however many miles all the victims traveled to) down to the latest victim in quarantine (IE don't let them travel for a minimum of 2 weeks) as a matter of fact - don't let them out of their house or quarantine area for at least 2 weeks, EVEN if they don't have any symptoms and appear well.

Want to make sure your town gets a pandemic, your region, your country?
Easy peasy.
Let people from infected areas flee to your area and check into a hotel, go shopping, eat out, go to the movies, etc.
2 weeks later your town is in the middle of a pandemic.
That is what you are saying the US should do with your "DUMB" comment, by that I mean your comment calling me dumb.
I'm just a dumb ole retired Univ prof who taught Human growth and development for many years.

Don't believe me? Just read up on how pandemics spread, or even simple epidemics and the best ways to end them. This will only take you a few minutes of research. I highly suggest you do it before calling people dumb because they do know what they are talking about, and you.........

Thanks again. BTW, who is really being dumb about the travel ban?

edit on 2/27/20 by The2Billies because: addition format

link   

Imagine if it was a Democrat president that played down the threat of CoVid like Trump is doing.
ATS would drown in threads about how democrats and Soros are behind the outbreak

During Ebola, I wanted Obama to do what Trump is doing know - restrict flights from heavily infected countries. Obama didn't, and I thought he was short-sighted. Ebola is something you don't play with. I didn't think it would cause mass infection, but it doesn't have to. Any small cluster of infection is one of people who are in a deadly fight for their lives even with the best medical care. I didn't think it was worth putting even tiny numbers of American citizens through that kind of battle just to not appear racist.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you think it would be a good idea to bring in plane loads of Chinese direct from Wuhan and not bother to screen them at all?

Do you want to close the border or do you want to screen entrants? Make up your mind!

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

But Trump said no need to worry, so why closing borders at all?
Dumb, dumber, Trumpster

Thank you for helping to cement in the minds of conservatives just what you think of them. Ensures they will nevr vote for someone whose Party day in and day out in all social media calls them ignorang, dumb, stupid, racist, sexist, etc.

There wont be any conservatives left if you and your "I know it all" clown of a president don't take CoVid seriously..

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

The evil leftists are already on record hoping the market and economy crash.

This would devastate millions of regular people, but the evil leftists don't really care.

So to imagine that they would push to enable a pandemic is plausible. A few millions deaths is nothing to them.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Imagine if a Democrat President never closed down flights between China and the US because..."racist".

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Devastated people *need* government to take care of them. Sick really, but true.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DBCowboy

Devastated people *need* government to take care of them. Sick really, but true.

They (the evil leftists) probably look at a mass contamination of the US population as a great opportunity to sell socialized medicine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join