It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedestrian Interpersonal Gravitation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Over the years of wandering the streets of my Northern England home town, I have come to suspect people are often unwittingly drawn towards me by some unknown force. I can be mooching about, minding my own business, walking through town, when people in front of me inexplicably veer off their straight line course, right into my line of stride. Many a collison I have narrowly missed, only through my astute observational prowess and grace of movement.
I can only assume it is some form of gravity or non metallic magnetism. Why do people do that? It happens a lot, more so when I am in a rush. I believe it is part of some grand plan to slow me down. I almost know it, I just can't prove it yet.
Similar to the difficulties I face on the queue at Morrisons, though I feel this is an offshoot phenomena, with pensioners pushing their trolley into me, though they do this facing me, so perhaps they just don't like the look of me.

Anyone else suffer with this? I feel sure you do.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: StuKE

They're probably just texting and walking and don't see you.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But they are walking in a striaght line, yet when I get closer, yiu can see them suddenly veer off at an angle, quite uncanny.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Your not the only one. The best tactic is to just stop, look at them and make them walk around you. What gets my goat is when you're walking along a crowded pavement and the person in front of you suddenly stops for no apparent reason, no reason, just stops.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Hah! Great name for the condition by the way. If it brings you any comfort at all it's been happening to me my entire life. I try to stay indoors as much as possible, although I don't recommend this as a "healthy" coping strategy.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Thanks, I knew it was not only happening to me. The baffling bit is, I am talking about people walking in front, with their back to me, going in roughly the same direction, same trajectory until the afforementioned angular switch.
People walk towards me all the time, seemingly expecting to walk right through me, rbut those who do it without even being able to see me... well, I can only refer to them as berks with a likely useless metaphysical ability
A reply to: 0zzymand0s

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I hate when people blindly back up. Happens all the time in “my” coffee shop. The one place you should pay attention so you don’t get drenched with scalding hot caffeinated beverage. But it happens so often I assume “idiot here” is going to backup without looking.

No reason stopping is also up there.

And I suffer from PIG too. I now stand by stationary objects to avoid a collision.

join