It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
I mean the standard green font displayed in new members' profiles. On the names and location etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen
I'm not sure if LimeGreen matches that exactly but it's brighter green if that's what you're after. We don't have all the colors we used to have here. You can see all the green colors listed in this post used to display as many different shades of green and other colors listed, and none of them work anymore, so choices are much more limited now, though I don't know the full list of the current colors available, I'd like to know that too.

edit on 2016714 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
?
Maybe I'm missing something but

This is what I see under account settings.

You can pretty much pick any color you want from the color chart.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Jbird
The question was about text, which I assumed meant in posts since that's where 99% of the text is on this site.

I don't see any way to use what you describe in post text colors, it only applies to the mini-profile, right?

As I mentioned above, we used to have access to all those colors in messages, but if you follow the link I provided to the old bbcode thread, you can see they no longer work.

While the intent of the original question isn't exactly clear, I'm now curious about what colors we can use in posts since all those color codes you refer to seem to be disabled in posts.

edit on 2016715 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

ahhh. sorry, I guess I did miss something.

AFA the text colors, I've never really played with that feature much beyond avvies and siggys.

Do you happen to remember when it changed ? After 5.3 , perhaps ?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jbird
This post from the bbcode thread was dated Sept 24, 2013, and I know this poster uses colors more than most ATS members, including me and apparently you too, so he might be able to fill us in more, but apparently something was awry already on that date for the following post. I don't remember what date ATS 5.3 was released.

originally posted by: BO XIAN
reply to post by kimish

Is there any word on the color tags being turned on again?

Last I heard, SO was looking for someone skilled to work out the programming details.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

ha. yeah, Bo knows colors.

I'm sure there's some SO logic behind it.

Simplifying/streamlining code due to the increasing database size would be my guess.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
testing

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: asala

Thanks Asala,

That was a real help!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Good thread if you are new here

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Pisky

WOW!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Hello there. Thanks for all the great information you have provided. I will be sure and bookmark this page for future reference. I might have to spend a week reading before I dive in, wow. So much. You are post #3. Take care.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I am 30, I have Schizophrenia. I was in the U.S. Army 94m radar repair program I was 20-21 or 22 in the program. I am a member of a Fraternity. I need the 20 posts to start a thread on my Military experience and dark matter.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hello from my country of Wales. I'm an old bloke, a musician (a real one), and am looking forward to reading and joining in the debates... Can't say much more than that really... Bore Da
asala

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I cant make an intro thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaqitchHgar

I cant make an intro thread.
You tried to do that in this introductions forum or some other forum? If the former you might want to provide more details about exactly what happens when you try. Other people seem to be able to do it.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I tired in the intro forum. No button to make a new thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Maybe I need a certain number of posts?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JaqitchHgar

In the introductions Forum click on the plus sign that says new topic below it. First line is your title, then when u click on the field below that the writing will disappear and u can write in it. When your done,just hit post.. Hope that helps.
Welcome

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JaqitchHgar
5 posts are enough to make a new thread in most (but not all) forums, but you don't even need 5 posts to start a thread in the the introductions forum. You might have some kind of ad-blocker or other browser add-on interfering with the code that shows the new thread button, though I'm just guessing. Ad-blockers aren't allowed here so you might try disabling them if you have them.

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join