It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I had to go copy the square brackets..Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You're welcome.

Happy Halloween.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I'lll adopt you if you like.
I've already reared many-a newborn member to adulthood.

little tears of joy, i tell ya... sniffle... i'd like to thank the academy, my family, all of my fans- i couldn't have.. oh, wait! wrong speech!

by virtue of the very quick, thorough and 'guidance providing' answer you supplied, i observe that you will make a wonderful mentor! pappa!! mamma! anonymous authority figure on whose wisdom i shall rely henceforth! (big hug)

all problems solved and questions answered! thank you very much! just look at that lovely bit of bold up there... originally i was trying to use the codes in caps, may or may not have been the problem, but it works now.

~amithyzt

p.s. i see it, lovely little edit button- soooo gonna time that baby. LOL! one more question- i read somewhere that hovering the cursor over the bar (beneath the point tally) would reveal the number of posts? not happening... it would also seem that i should be able to click on a username to view profiles, but that doesn't happen either. have i missed a setting somewhere, or is that a compatibility issue with my browser? (mac users don't do windoz- snicker)

[edit on 28-10-2005 by amithyzt]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by amithyzt
all problems solved and questions answered! thank you very much! just look at that lovely bit of bold up there... originally i was trying to use the codes in caps, may or may not have been the problem, but it works now.

That was probably the problem. Many of the functions are automated in the compose post screen in the form of little buttons above the text window. They lead you through it with dialogue boxes when you click them, so with a bit of trial and error, you should be sailing along.

i read somewhere that hovering the cursor over the bar (beneath the point tally) would reveal the number of posts? not happening...

If you're using Firefox, it won't come up in the tooltip. What you have to do is right-click the little bar and select "properties". The post count will be displayed next to "Alternate Text:" But if it's too low, it won't show up.

You can see a list of all your previous posts by hitting this button
at the bottom of one of your posts. The same works for every other member if you press it under their posts. Press the one under my post here and you'll see my posts listed.

it would also seem that i should be able to click on a username to view profiles, but that doesn't happen either. have i missed a setting somewhere, or is that a compatibility issue with my browser? (mac users don't do windoz- snicker)

Clicking usernames has no effect. Down next to the
button you will also see the
button. Click it under a member's post to see their profile.

Now that you're my new adoptee, you can try to send me a U2U by clicking
under my post. If it says you can't, then you'll have to wait until you get 20 posts. You can see your name in my signature. Welcome to my li'l family.

I think I just broke the record for the number of times using the word "post" in one...post.

[edit on 2005-10-28 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
What you have to do is right-click the little bar and select "properties".

right click? funny... LOL! there is a command key that i can't think of offhand (option click or apple click) which mimics the 'right click', but i've tried all i can think of and still don't get to anything that says 'properties'. i guess when i'm finally allowed to send a u2u, i'll know i've passed the '20' mark. no worries... i'm using safari, not foxfire, but i don't think the result would be different on either.

I think I just broke the record for the number of times using the word "post" in one...post.

i counted 14, including the quotes from my previous message in your text and those within the 'find posts' icon. niiiiiiiiiiiiice. one should remember when posting never to post the word 'post' as many times as you've posted it... for POST-erity's sake...
*groan*

~amithyzt

[edit on 28-10-2005 by amithyzt]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I posted my introduction last night and it still hasn't posted. Could you tell me approximately how long it normally takes for messages to appear?

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well, it seems this post appeared instantaneously. I must of done something incorrectly the first time. I'll try again. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
trippintreavor

hey posts appear as soon as you click the post button,
If your having problems feel free to comeback on this thread or u2u me,

Asala

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thanks. I'll take you up on that if I get stuck again.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
well im new here hope i find the answers to everything i need

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well i have one question for super mod. Why is radical hate and spreading hate tolerated on this board?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by G_o_l_d_y
Well i have one question for super mod. Why is radical hate and spreading hate tolerated on this board?

It's not. Do you have examples?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Just bumping

in case anyone out there has and lil questions then need help with,

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Asala,
Yes, I'm fascinated by the site, but it is rather overwhelming.

I've got quite a few questions. I've occasionally posted to other boards, but this is the first time I've been a member of one with avatars and all that, so I'm a bit unfamiliar with them. Where do you get them from, and how do you use them?

There are so many discussions. How do you find what you're really interested in?

I've noticed several where the modus operandi seems to be to insult people or belittle them for posting controversial opinions about various issues. I thought that was prohibited? How often does this happen? It made me think twice about posting.

Has anyone ever actually gotten in trouble for posting something?

Where is ATS actually located? (US/UK/other?) Are most of the staff / moderators from the same area or spread out globally?

Where does ATS get their news items from - standard news services, bloggers, ATS members posting? I haven't noticed any news items (at least on the main page) that were out of the ordinary (that is, news that wasn't already available on a dozen main-stream news sites), so I'm wondering what the big deal is with the site name, "Above Top Secret."

I would think if you had any material that might actually be Top Secret or higher, that someone would get in trouble for it and be sent to jail. After all, doesn't NSA or some other US Government agency monitor sites like this? Has that ever happened?

ATS doesn't appear to use any encryption, like SSL either, so I doubt anyone who actually had anything significant to say (substantive, as opposed to wild and pure speculation) would have any protection from government snoopers, so this probably would be a hinderance to anyone ever providing anything that they could actually get sent to jail for, right?

So I'm wondering what might actually be learned on this site, as opposed to regular news sites?

Pardon me for sounding rather doubtful. As my name implies, I'm always curious about stuff like this.

Anyway, if you could answer my wonderings, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
4reality

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
brodband here for your new ATS Councilor, new members feel free to ask me questions about anything. I am here for you.. Got a comment? Tell me, im here to answer all of your questions!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
4reality- hey im glad you ask questions so fire away lol, im a little strapped for time at this moment ie work lol, so ill answer some of your questions now and address some others later,

Where do you get them from, and how do you use them?

Avatars.. you can upload pics form you computer, or you can find a pic you like and upload that, i will give you a link that will explain avatars in more detail, also over on bts there are a number of members who make avatars and you can request one from them, Avatar, Pic in profile help

There are so many discussions. How do you find what you're reaally interested in?

Well first all the topics are set out in forums, ie.. War on terror, Alens and UFO's , As for keeping up with all the latest threads..you can look to the ledt on the main page and see "recent posts* this shows you the latest threads on all 3 boards, or you can use the tab at the top of the page "my ats" where you can manage the forums you are interested in,

I've noticed several where the modus operandi seems to be to insult people or belittle them for posting controversial opinions about various issues. I thought that was prohibited? How often does this happen? It made me think twice about posting.

Well its something we do not allow, but ... this is a big board and sometimes things get missed,but we do suggest if members see such attitudes then you use the *Gripe* button at the top of the page, where it will alert a mod or council member to the thread, also you can u2u a staff member at anytime,

Has anyone ever actually gotten in trouble for posting something?

Yes as with any large board,

Where is ATS actually located? (US/UK/other?)

The owner is UK. and the servers are held in the US i believe,

Are most of the staff / moderators from the same area or spread out globally?

Nope we are from all over the world, UK, USA, Carrabien, Austraila,New zealand, ect ect......

Where does ATS get their news items from - standard news services, bloggers, ATS members posting? I haven't noticed any news items (at least on the main page) that were out of the ordinary (that is, news that wasn't already available on a dozen main-stream news sites), so I'm wondering what the big deal is with the site name, "Above Top Secret."

Well i guess news comes form all sources, Media, ATS members own story, I would like to direct you to an amazing thread by valhall on fema,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

also take a look at www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Whats up everybody!!! New guy with some questions. First off i am 27 and wanting to take up kickboxing. Now i have takin one other form of martial arts...Wing Chuan. Did not take it very long. Just looking for some excerise routines for kickboxing and things that i can do at home to get into shape for kickboxing. Can anyone help me out? Feel free to reply or email me at threedphillip@earthlink.net

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hey pillz

Well it may be worth making a thread onBTS health and wellness for some advice,
www.belowtopsecret.com...

im sure we have others out there that would be more than happy to share some info with you,

See you about the board,

-----

Asala

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
this is a great forum to have, thank-you for running it.

I'm sure tis has been covered somewhere in the ATS Universe before, but I can't seem to find it in the search feature. My question is...

If I want to put a link into my post like,
www.google.ca...
how do I shorten that that to "Google ATS" and still have it link to that page?
I think it would look so much tidier in the post, and I've seen other people do it, so I know it's possible. Perhaps there's a thread you could point me to that covered this. The search feature has be baffled at this point.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You need to use BBcode to shorten the link.

Google ATS

Click the quote button on this post to see the code.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by kinglizard]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join