It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LauraBow

Hi Laura, check out the link in my signature for help with your avatar

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well I am proud of myself, I managed to figure out how to post my avatar! Now to try posting elsewhere...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

I managed to figure it out but thank you! I did screw it up at first, now wonder if I'l remember how to do it when the time comes to change it lol

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Great to see you now posting
You will get the hang of it! lol

Love the avatar

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
thanks for the heads up nice to know someone out there is looking out for us :~)
alot of links tho will take me a while to read them all

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mahatmacoat

Its great to have you with us and if you get stuck on anything just let me know, It can all be a bit daunting at first,

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Ok I've searched forum posts to upload an avatar with the memcenter button. I don't have that button any where on my toolbar. I go into the Tools+ area but that area won't let me upload an avatar either. I found someone's post suggesting it is //media.abovetopsecret.com but when I go there in my url it re-directs me to //video.abovetopsecret.com which is just a bunch of useless videos. Did they do an upgrade to uploading that made uploading avatar impossible now?

OMFG!! You click on TOOLS+ and you think you are in ATS uploads because it is highlighted in green already. But all the page says is on the title is CHANGE YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS
subtitle:
Basic Account Information

You wouldn't think to click on the ATS uploads button again, since it is shown highlighted in green. Hello out there, fix this. It like only took me 40 minutes wading thru outdated forum posts leading to dead ends to finally figure I had to click on this again just by accident!
edit on 3/30/12 by TC Mike because: finally found out where it was on my own

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

The media center doesn't work anymore.

Click on the link on my signature and it will take you to a thread with easy steps on how to upload an avatar

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hello. Thank for for the helpful information.

I am a new member.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thank you for the advice, I miss spelled my name, yes it should read "The Mighty Monarch." Lol, I'll chaulk it up to a brain-fart. I sent a message under "contact us," hopefully I can have it fixed. Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMighyMonarch
Thank you for the advice, I miss spelled my name, yes it should read "The Mighty Monarch." Lol, I'll chaulk it up to a brain-fart. I sent a message under "contact us," hopefully I can have it fixed. Thanks again!

I think once you've made your account, you're stuck with the name you've chosen.

Maybe the best course of action would be to ask the mods to close this account and start a new one and remember to use spell check next time. You have only one post so you don't have much to lose by closing this one.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

As Fort Anthem mentioned ... you'll have to register again if you want the 'Mighty' moniker.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thanks TS this helps me a lot. All newbie question are here.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hey guys I need some help!

Just a quick question:

How many videos can you add per post?

I was making a post before but after I added my 5th video none others worked.

Help would be great, thanks!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thinks

As far as I know, there's no limit.

When posting vids, always hit the PREVIEW button before posting to make sure you got all the yvid codes right.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thinks

Please, keep this in mind when embedding videos -

ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use

1j.) You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hi

I am a long time luker on this site for many years and have finaly decided to join. I have never joined because this site has helped me perserve a healthy dose of paranoia. The reason why I am writing is that I have some satellite screen shot photos which were taken from AccuWeather. These photos were taken about two days ago during the storms that passed over Oaklahoma. I just need some information on how to get them to someone to judge their worth and maybe put them in a thread.

Thanks for your time

-human

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by human001

First, you need to get your post count up to 20 before you can make a thread. Just post a few comments in threads that interest you and it won't take long.

If you want people to look at and judge the pics, you've come to the right place. Post them in a thread with an explanation of why you find them interesting and the members here will do the rest. We've got some folks around here who are quite knowledgable in a number of areas.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Firefox/ATS is not compatible for me now for some reason. I hope someone could help me figure out why.

When I come here in firefox the format is all weird, and it makes it very hard to read threads. I can't even see the post reply or make a new thread when its like it is.

Examples of what it looks like to me:
i3.photobucket.com...
i3.photobucket.com...

The one with a white background is because I set "view page style" to "no style".

It looks like that weather i am logged in or not. At first I thought I was banned, but it's fine on IE.

When I first got like that, I was logged in reading a thread, then went to log out b/c I am on dial up and it was taking too long for the pages to load. When I tried to get back to the page in logged out mode, the pages were like that.

I've cleared my cookies which didn't work. PITA too b/c I never do that and a can't remember all the passwords to things I have remembering me. Firefox updated itself to 11.x as well, and that didn't fix it.

Another thing, sometimes I save entire pages to read offline. When I open them in firefox they're fine as well. It's very confusing.

So, the problem is I want to fix the layout, but can't figure out how. Help?
edit on 18-4-2012 by buffet of lies because: Another thing...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by buffet of lies

I took the fire fox up date last night, and FF has been mixed up since then.
I had to down load chrome,,, gag.

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join