It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hey ya
I believe that you need about 20 posts to be able to start getting vids ect up, You are on 10 posts now so not many to go, Maybe welcome a few other new members and your post count will go up real quick,

cant wait to see what you have got for us to look at!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hi, guys

I'm new to ATS and admittedly, I came here for help with what others would call physical metamorphosis. I have been trying for many years to change my physical appearance so that it matches how I feel inside. I know how ridiculous this sounds to people on the "outside" but I truly believe it is out there. Is there anyone here who has any experience with physical transformation? I would appreciate any insight you have

And I'm not talking about man to woman or anything like that, even though I'm sure that is possible too.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Fiyero because: (no reason given)

Sorry, after reading through these posts, it looks like this thread was for technical help with the website and such

my bad, guys
edit on 25-8-2011 by Fiyero because: mistake

edit on 25-8-2011 by Fiyero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hey.... I think I have done something wrong? I have been commenting on threads outside of the Introduction's forum... is that wrong? I am really sorry if it is! It wasn't intentional, or are we aloud to comment on all threads until we reach the point in which we can make our own?

Sorry sorry sorry!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What does the K mean underneath the members profile image?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiyero

Welcome and hey its ok
Its interesting to hear what you are interested in and i look forward to reading more from you, Hmm i think there may be a few threads you would like to read on that matter so ill have to have a peek about for you so you can read others experiences on the same subject!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PunchingBag80

First... the "WATS" score. I know many believe there to be some controversy or at the least, unfairness, in the method of calculation for the "Way Above Top Secret" ranking. The concerns/comments/ideas have not been ignored, but since the intent is to apply a heavy statistical weight to those who start threads, I believe the oft-discussed formula serves that purpose well, but may be refined as a result of the KARMA rank in order to place a much higher value on flags.

However, there are lots of members who contribute well, but may not start many threads; the KARMA score is for them. The karma calculation places a high weight on stars, a secondary weight on staff applause, and a tertiary lesser-weight on Flags; then compares all that against the number of posts. So that it is indeed possible for a new member with few threads, but great ideas in lots of replies, to achieve a higher "KARMA" than long-time high-WATS members.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
what are flags?
What are stars?
What are wats index?
what can i do with ats points?
and what are applause?

When i see my post i look to the left and there is a little box thats says all kinf od stuff like wht does the "k" stand for and all of the rest of the one letter words stand for?

I also cant seem to get a avatar picture up- any help with that would be great!

Thanks for help guys, im new to forums in general so I need all the help can get ty..

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KingUsbeorn

For the avatar set up, try this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The rest of that stuff has been answered about a billion times throughout this thread if you look through it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KingUsbeorn

Posts = Total # of posts

Flags = Total # of Flags for threads started by you

Stars = Total # of Stars from any posts by you

Wats = WATS, a calculation based mostly upon Flags, but partly based upon Stars as well

Karma = A calculation based mostly upon Stars, but partly based upon Flags as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Hi. I'm new to the site and was wondering how to start my own thread? Thanks for any help!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wouldyoueraseme

New members must attain 20 replies before they can create new threads.

Pick a topic or Forum that interests you and jump in.
Or start an An Introduction Thread

And when you get your 20 might want to review this link.
Starting a New Thread ... Please Look Here First.

edit on Wed Aug 31 2011 by Jbird because: add link

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bikereddie

Im new guys. This seams like a very nice website, best of its kind. Its hard to talk about this sort of things with other people. Its a pleaseure to abround other open minded logical people.

Just waiting so I can make my own threads.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

So i have made this thread for you all to ask them questions that you are just not sure about,

I will first give you this link,

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links

Dead link.

You will find your u2u's in the member center

I don't see anything like that on this site, nor do I find any portion labeled "Member Center" anywhere.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Darr247

Wow!

You found some really old stuff there. ATS didn't look like that since even before I started here.

If you want to get to your U2Us you need to click on the TOOLS+ button at the top. It will take you to your account settings page where you will see a tab marked MESSAGES along the top left of your screen. Hit that button and it will take you to your U2Us.

Here's a few more up to date links telling how to do stuff here on ATS:

Guide to BB codes

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Can you post on others posts to get to 20 posts or do you have to do 20 new posts?
A lot of posts in that sentence.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

Yes, you can add a reply to the threads that other people have started, if that's what you mean.
In fact that's what you need to do, because you can't start your own yet.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Darr247

Hey Darr, Yep those do not work now, as there has been some site changes,

I Will get on to changing the main info, If you have a question about where things are let me know and i will explain where needed,

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Im going to grab qas many usefull links as i can that are current on this thread and post them, Jbird has given many very good ones out heres a few to get you going,

Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

Guide to BB codes

New members must attain 20 replies before they can create new threads.

ATS Media account,

Index of Important Website Related Threads

Karma / WATS

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Is there a way to pick up where you previously left off when reading a thread you "subscribe" to. For instance, some threads have 200+ pages. If I subscribe to it and read the first 136 pages, but have to come back later to read the remaining pages, I would prefer to not have to wade through the entire thread to figure out where I got to. Answer may be obvious, but I haven't figured out everything on here yet. Alternatively, if you could point me to a thread on the subject if you don't feel like explaining it for the 100th time.
edit on 6-9-2011 by jburg6 because: edit thoughts

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

The best way to do this if you have posted in the thread would be to go to "TOOLS" at the top of the page,

Then select "PROFILE"

you will then see on your profile a tab saying "POSTS" click that and when you see the thread you posted on just click on it, That will take you to your last post on that thread,

If you have not posted in the thread then i would suggest saving the link at the time you stop reading the thread so when you click back it will be where you left off,

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join