It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hello,
I am new to forums and want to know how to post my "Introduction" of myself.

Thanks for letting me join this group of observant thinkers.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
khrysara hey and welcome.,

Ok to post your own intro

1. Intos forum
www.abovetopsecret.com...

2, on the right of the page you will see a tab "New thread"

3. click to open a box.

4. Put in a title, ie.. hey im new ect..

5. write in the box what you want to say,

6, then hit the button post thread,

7, wait a few secs and you will be taken to your post

Any problems let me know and ill help you out

Asala

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
my name is shane and i dont know how to use this site... i am a newbie and could use help getting around

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Sure shane, And welcome ...

Well you have took the first step by replying to a post.

I also suggest you follow the above points to get youir own intro up on the board

Then just click on the forums and look for the thread you like or want to reply to,

then lets go from there

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hello. Can't quite work out how to log onto this forum, hope this password
works

Cheers

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
looks like your logged in fine,

If you want to change youire password to something you can remember then go to the " Settings" tab on the top left of the page then hit edit profile and enter a new password in the password box,

then re log in with the new one,

Any problems just ask

Welcome

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think it is good to have an open foreum to say what is on your mind and to express your disagreements as well as agreements with organized or established authority.....
I am here to learn...is that an option?
Carmen

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Welcome Carmen

There is a wide varity of forums here on ATS, and you can add your opinion on any matter that you feel strongly about, Most threads have a number of people who agree and disagree so im sure you will often see 2 sides to any story,

I hope you enjoy your time here and hope you learn a few things also,

Asala

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ok I am new here and yet to get used to the board, I have made a greetings thread twice, last night and just now, it isn't showing.
I am not in any way a computer genius and can't figure what I am doing wrong, any advice?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
hmm thats odd, Are you sure you are putting a title in?

Tell you what lets tryt this
Click this,

1, click intros link, www.abovetopsecret.com...

2, click "new thread" top left of the page,

3, Put in a title,like Hey its me!!! ect....

4. type in the box your message

5, click postnew topic,

then hopefully you should be taken to the thread you made,

keep me updated on how this goes

Asala

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I've been a reader here for a couple of years, but have only recently joined. This thread has been extremely valuable for me.

Any newbies like me out there who haven't checked out Zedd's Handbook, do so immediately! It's terrific.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
vuoto
your spot on there. Zedds hand book is a life saver for getting to know your way around ATS,

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
i read the faq's, if they covered these issues (which weren't issues to me at the time) i may have overlooked the answers for something else i was seeking. i apologize if this is something which has already been addressed...

if you are quoting from another user or another source, is it not possible to use the bold or italics to highlight something within the quote on which you'd like to place emphasis? it didn't work for me (although it could be, just maybe, that i did it wrong!)

how long are we able to edit our posts? i went back to a post made earlier in the day and the edit button no longer appeared- (i really dislike typos, but ESPECIALLY in my own posts!) it's stuck there, isn't it. forever. and ever. how would that work if we decided to participate in one of the research projects where the group has been asked to simply edit their posts to add information? they've got to be doing it somehow- i just don't know the 'how' part yet.

now that i've joined and can see the member info/status, i'm overwhelmed at the number of 'banned' members. not knowing the situations or the posts that led up to the 'dreaded ban', i formed the impression that it's something that could happen pretty quickly or easily around here- so now it's constantly in the back of my mind that if i thank someone in one sentence rather than two i am 'so to the curb'! i've read the rules, but i've found i'm constantly second guessing myself and trying to remember if there are any rule breaks in there before hitting 'post'.... ok, i'm scared... i can admit that. this is all a bit new and fuzzy to me.

i put myself up for adoption. i am officially available to be molded, scolded, trained, kept in check, and instructed by anyone older and wiser in the ways of this board than i... i'm assuming ya'll would intervene if someone trolly with a ban rap sheet tried to take me up on that, right?

i do thank ya kindly...

~amithyzt

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by amithyzt
if you are quoting from another user or another source, is it not possible to use the bold or italics to highlight something within the quote on which you'd like to place emphasis?

As you can see, I've bolded and italicized some words in the text I quoted from you above. When you hit the quote button, the text will come up inside quote tags like this (without the spaces):

[ quote ][ /quote ]

Then you need to put [ b ][ /b ] tags around the text you want bolded, and [ i ][ /i ] tags around the text you want italicized. This is how I did it when I quoted you above:

You can also use [ u ][ /u ] to underline. This code is called "BBcode". Here's a list of the codes:

how long are we able to edit our posts? i went back to a post made earlier in the day and the edit button no longer appeared- (i really dislike typos, but ESPECIALLY in my own posts!) it's stuck there, isn't it. forever. and ever. how would that work if we decided to participate in one of the research projects where the group has been asked to simply edit their posts to add information? they've got to be doing it somehow- i just don't know the 'how' part yet.

I believe that the edit window is intended to be 2 hours, but I notice that it seems to often be longer than that. It's 2 hours at the least anyway. Beyond that, if you really, REALLY need a post edited for a really, REALLY good reason, you can U2U a moderator of the appropriate forum and ask them to edit it for you. No guarantees...

now that i've joined and can see the member info/status, i'm overwhelmed at the number of 'banned' members. not knowing the situations or the posts that led up to the 'dreaded ban', i formed the impression that it's something that could happen pretty quickly or easily around here- so now it's constantly in the back of my mind that if i thank someone in one sentence rather than two i am 'so to the curb'! i've read the rules, but i've found i'm constantly second guessing myself and trying to remember if there are any rule breaks in there before hitting 'post'.... ok, i'm scared... i can admit that. this is all a bit new and fuzzy to me.

Don't freak out. There are very, very few instant bans that happen at ATS and never without justification. Most members have been warned a few times or even more in their time at ATS. It's part of the process of learning what's acceptable on any Internet forum. If you have read the rules and haven't been warned yet, then you're probably doing just fine. Other than that, just use your common sense. If you're really in a bind and not sure about something, you can U2U me or a moderator and ask first.

i put myself up for adoption. i am officially available to be molded, scolded, trained, kept in check, and instructed by anyone older and wiser in the ways of this board than i... i'm assuming ya'll would intervene if someone trolly with a ban rap sheet tried to take me up on that, right?

I'lll adopt you if you like.
I've already reared many-a newborn member to adulthood. You won't be able to U2U me until you have made 20 posts, so get posting! (But don't spam. Keep it quality.
)

[edit on 2005-10-28 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I still dont know how to put an image in my signature. I need extremely simple directions
. Can somebody help me?
I think its about time i learned.
Thank you!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I still dont know how to put an image in my signature. I need extremely simple directions
. Can somebody help me?
I think its about time i learned.
Thank you!!!

Hey dg,

Just go to your and click the "Edit Profile" link. Down near the bottom of the page that comes up, in the signature box paste the image URL (web address) with [ img ][ /img ] tags around it (minus the spaces) just like you would for putting an image in a post. Click the Edit Profile button at the very bottom and you're done.

Signatures:

A maximum of five lines of text, with any graphic image counting as one line (only one image is allowed).

No advertising of your personal or other websites until you have been a contributing member for at least 60 days.

GIF and JPEF file formats for any image with a maximum dimension of 500 pixels wide by 50 pixels tall. File size is not to exceed 25k, and animated GIF's are allowed.

No profanity. No 3rd party advertising other than links and copy to your own personal website(s). The content of your personal website may be reviewed, however, and based on how it compares to the standards and Terms of ATS, you may be asked to removed the link to your personal website.

[edit on 2005-10-28 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Thank you, i will try it.

if you look at the url what do i need to take out or put in?

Thank you.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
You missed out the "http://" at the start, but the image is too big for the Signature guidles anyway. Give me a second and i'll resize it for you.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Copy and paste the following into the Signature edit box, but replace all the squiggly brackets [] with square brackets []

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Oh my keyboard doesnt have square brackets all i have are these []

Ok, well at least i know why i cant do it. Is there a code for square brackets?

Anyway, thank you very much for all your help. Now i understand.
Nothing like a cheap keyboard

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join