It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hi all!

I am a long time reader of ATS. Seriously, the amount of time i spent on ATS the past 2 years is staggering! I love the wide variety of topics available because, I always have something interesting to read when I am bored.

I am 24 and live in Hermanus, South Africa (About 130km from Cape Town). They say Hermanus have the best "Land based" whale watching in the world! I like a wide variety of topics, from music to the arts. I do not like snobbish or unfair people. I believe everyone should be respected and treated as you would like to be treated. OK, except if you are a masochist.

I just have one little problem. It is exactly the same as doubleplusungood's problem:

I am having a slight problem with my time settings. They are insisting (as much as a computer can insist) that I am at +3 GMT. I am in the U.K. I keep on trying to set my time zone to GMT but immediately after pressing edit the time zone doesn't save and reverts back to +3GMT. Am a little bit puzzled but it's no big deal really.

The only difference is my time zone should be GMT +2.00, but the setting insists that I am in GMT +4.30.
Anyhow, like doubleplusungood said, It's no big deal!

Hope to read your threads soon!

Martin aka Maarts
edit on 7/3/11 by maarts69za because: Got confused between masochist`s and sadists... my bad.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,

I finally joined ATS after many hours of reading your comments I am ready to become more involved. I am in colorful Colorado. However it has been cloudy everyday for a while. This is an exciting time for all of us.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SophiaSmith

Hello Sophia

There is a whole Introductions forum here if you post in there you will get a lot more people saying hi to you and a mod will come along and give you all of the important links and things.

Welcome

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What is "Really Above top secret Forum" and how come i cannot access it?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Corrupted Data

Really above top secret or RATS is a part of the forum that is not indexed by google searches and so the posts there are a little more private, you can't access it until you have made 200 posts

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hello

Could someone please explain what the stars and flags are?

And, are you guys still doing the adopt a newbie thing?

Thanks!

~ Aura ~
edit on 13-3-2011 by PrincessAura because: Royal Typo

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bikereddie

well i'm as new as they come LOL, how do i upload video's to my profile or the site for that matter? Thanks

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessAura

Hello my adopted forum member

If you like a post and think the poster deserves credit for it then you give it a star. If you think a thread is particularly good or important then you give it a flag.

That's how it's supposed to work, though sometimes the stars can just turn into a popularity contest

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarist

I don't think the video upload thing on the site works at the moment, or have a clue if it will ever work again, it hasn't for as long as I have been a member.
We usually use youtube and embed from there

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessAura

Flags are used to reward members for good content and to alert other members to threads that we think are worth reading. A thread with a lot of flags usually signifies a particularly important story.

Also worth remembering is that, as you post good threads and collect more flags, you start seeing less and less ads until, at some point, they stop appearing altogether when you are logged into ATS.

edit on 3/14/11 by FortAnthem because: Grrr, Spellin :bnghd:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thanks

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My problem is how to make an avatar, or at least how to find one (a cool one). Is there someone out there that could help me? Is there at least a link where I can go to figure it out? Do I have to make my own and download it somewhere first or what? I'm confused!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ShelbyHunter

Misior did a great thread about how to set up an avatar:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Designing a cool pic is up to you, unless you can get someone to help.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
you can also use imageshack.us , upload the picture from your pc and then copy and paste the link anywhere just remember to type

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

sup man, i have a vid i wanna post of anamalous phenomena captured on stealth cam [a weird glowing animal like thing flying by] which forum should i post it at?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Gosh, some threads have so many replies that I can't find any replies to my comments (I can't even find my posts without the search taking an hour). Is there a way to go directly to any and all comments I've posted?

And of course since I posted this I've found the search tool and learned how to use it. Thanks anyway.
edit on 29-3-2011 by jiggerj because: Because I'm an idiot

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by UK Wizard

Hello I have a few questions..

The buttons you mention in bold in this post...where are they? im not seeing them anywhere.

t the top of the page there is a series of buttons labeled, ATS Webmail, TerrorAnalysis, ATSNN News, Ignorance Denied, Politics@ATS, BelowTopSecret, ATS Discussion each of these will take you to a different area of the ATS brand.

The link to belowtopsecret, when i click it i get a red page with this heading, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Test Page.

And this link www.abovetopsecret.com...
isnt working for me either

chat voyeur. All i get is an empty gray window with green text welcoming me, is that right? i think i might just get here too late for chatty people. ok edit, i left the gray box open and i see it is droping links to new threads.

how do I reply to a post and quote it at the same time? i think i figured this one out!

sorry if these questions have already been answered. I have a lot of questions and points to make, but I'm always spending all of my time here reading, and reading, and reading, because i dont want to seem rude for reposting an already answered question.

one more, In the recent post section, what happens when i click on (-), its red and after each thread w/ a new post

thanks

edit on 29-3-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: sorry

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mainhitman

The Discussion Board (Board Home) page can be helpful in determining which Forum is the best suited to your Thread topics.

AboveTopSecret - Forums

The Cryptozoology Forum sounds like a fit for your current question.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

From the top blue toolbar- TOOLS/ messages/ REPLIES

will show members who used the 'Reply to:' feature to reply to your posts.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
...The buttons you mention in bold in this post...where are they? im not seeing them anywhere.
That post/info is from 2005 . Lot's of changes since then.

Those links are defunct now.

The link to belowtopsecret, when i click it i get a red page
The Below Top Secret site and most of it's Forums were merged with ATS.

And this link www.abovetopsecret.com...
isnt working for me either
That link is also non functional. The reason is still a mystery.

In the recent post section, what happens when i click on (-), its red and after each thread w/ a new post.
That action will remove that thread from your subscription list.

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join