It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
[OK i really thought you gave a lot of advice for us newbies but what i really would like to know is how do i post i have developed a new theory i want to talk about.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MythFactorGur123

You can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads. You can use this time to compose your thread and get the feel of how ATS operates.
20 thoughtful posts take no time at all.

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.

Take your time, there is no rush.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
ok ive read most of the advise on here about how to set up an avatar, and most of them are out dated or i get a 404.

in one tutorial it said to go to member center- if there is a "member center" on here i will eat my computer- ive been searching for two hours trying to set up my avatar- sorry someone screwed up- its just not there.

ive registered on a lot of sites and ive never had this much trouble setting up an avatar.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
in one tutorial it said to go to member center- if there is a "member center" on here i will eat my computer-

Have you tried clicking on "Tools+" on the blue line near the top of the page?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Just click "tools" on the toolbar... scroll down a ways and you'll see "Your Avatar". Click on "upload Avatar" to the right. Click "upload photo" and then click "browse". Click "add photo".

Once the photo uploads click "options" and then click "select as avatar" from the drop down menu that appears.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
hey heff thanks for trying to help this dumbass,
but its still isin't working.

it says:
NOTE: This avatar is for your media center profile only. For your ATS discussion board avatar, use your My Pictures personal picture album space on the media portal, and follow the instructions in this video if you're unclear on what to do.

i cant find the media portal and the video wont play either!

ive never heard of pictures in an album being called avatars- avatars are the picture that accompanys your post.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Hey lonewolf!

Your going to have to upload the image you want to use as an avatar from your PC or portable device, to the ATS media portal, using the steps listed above.

Once it's uploaded to the ATS media portal, that is where you'll be able to click on the pop up menu to make it your avatar.

Here is information specific to the size requirements for Avatar images.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
well...this is my first post here and I'm fresh from godlikeproductions.com...rip
anyways I like this site more..kudos to the creator and mods
I plan on coming back regularly.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
but where do i find the media portal?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

If you click on "tools", in the above blue bar and scroll downward, you'll come to a section entitled "Your Avatar" to the immediate right of that is, in a slightly smaller font, "upload avatar". Click that and you should go directly to media.abovetopsecret.com - and that's the media portal

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
i think the 20 post limit should be removed to start a new thread, or at least if some new member has an interesting post, the post should be kept atleast a mod can look at it and then create in the new new member's name

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I can understand you frustration, But... It really is in place to help everyone have a better experience here on ATS,
As we are a large board we had issues where people would join just to spam about everything you can think of.. From phones and shoes and even stuff that i cant mention!!

I know its a pain trying to get those 20 posts but its really not very hard, Just say "hey" to a few other new members and reply to a few other posts and you will be there in no time at all,

If you go to recent posts the you will see a off topic forum tab, There you can chat about more light hearted stuff such as music and general chit chat, Im sure you can find a few bits there to add your thoughts to intern getting you 20 posts,

Asala,

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Could I please resquest the moderators to allow me to make a topic without the 20 posts?? I'm on a strict time limit with my research work. It wont be a pointless topic. I'm researching for my thesis on conspiracies on the net. Just one thread. I tried contacting the admin, but havent recieved a reply yet.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
How do I put up my avatar so that it's seen on the left of my posts? I put the image link in the account settings under "Your Avatar" but it doesn't seem to work; any ideas?

Test
edit on 7-2-2011 by Topato because: testing

Figured it out. Woot.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Now then ATS mods

I am loving the site, was a lurker for ages.
But I am having a slight problem with my time settings. They are insisting (as much as a computer can insist) that I am at +3 GMT. I am in the U.K. I keep on trying to set my time zone to GMT but immediately after pressing edit the time zone doesn't save and reverts back to +3GMT.
Am a little bit puzzled but it's no big deal really.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Hello everyone...

My name is sharon baker.... I am new to here. First i would like to say hi to every member of this forum site....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sharonbaker

Hello Sharon,
Welcome to ATS, hope you have a really enjoyable time here, good luck,

Icanseeatoms.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Oh Me, so many rabbit holes to follow.

Hi to all, I'm a new member but have stopped by many times.
It is nice to read differing opinions.

I do need help, how may I ask for all these great thinkers to answer what I can't find online?
The main one right now is two words OF and FOR.
It appears there are two Constitutions one with the word OF the united states of America and the other FOR the United States of America...
What I have found so far is the Act of Congress in 1871, which created the ten miles of Washington D.C.
I believe the Clearfield doctrine adds a truth, but just can't seem to find truth that backs up the fact that two Constitutions exist and when it changed...

I suppose it is best to ask if this has been discussed and the best way to find before inquiring?

Reader MarcusMark

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hi,
Just want to say hi, been checking out ATS every day for the last 2 years, I love to read new and interesting things
I have a problem and need advice but don’t want to post in the wrong place.
Where can I get advice on a legal issue without posting in the wrong place?

regards Jamie

P.S. i love this website, even got my little brother checking it daily

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

Hey there
We have an "off topic" section on ATS and you could post in in there, theres "members" or even "Chitchat"

Im sure there you will get any advice needed,

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join