It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by sugarcookie1
Ok. You are getting blank screens because the 2010 updates have deactivated the old link.
Here is what you will need to do (one of many various ways, Lol)
(1) Access media.abovetopsecret.com by going to "tools" on the menu bar above and scroll halfway down the Account Settings page to the 3rd box that says "your avatar" and click on the link that says "upload avatar"
(2) Login (if you aren't already) with your ATS username/password
(3) Upload the images that you want to use for your avatar (170x240) or for your background (180x450) ish, plus the blank .gif image (170x240) you will only need that if you are using the background image, you will not use that if you are using an avatar image.
For Avatars (this will be easier if you have 2 tabs open, the media profile tab AND the ATS Account Settings tab, via Tools on the toolbar):
(4) Once the image is uploaded, dbl click on it and then copy the text in the first box (http:// yadda yadda)
(5) Come back to the ATS Account Settings page (under Tools) and paste that text into the 3rd section that says "Your Avatar" box "avatar url.
(6) Make sure you click save. That should be it.
Follow the same process as above, but use the blank .gif image (170x240) as the avatar (copy/paste into the avatar url box in Account Settings under Tools and put the background image in the box right below it that says "Mini-Profile background image"
Make sure you hit "save" individually. Hitting it once will not save them both at the same time (at least, it does not for me).
p.s. To get a blank .gif image (if you don't already have it) just right-click on any member's background image in one of the posts and save it to your desk top. The image that is saved is the .gif image, not their background image.
Originally posted by Disemboweled
reply to post by asala
Can someone help me with the definitions of HAARP ect... and what the gray area is? Someone taught me how to use BBCode and emoticons but they won't seem to work...but no one will give me a straight answer like a guide of some sort... i am VERY CONFUSED!