It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by theonebee

I guess so...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Can you change your username? How do you post a url for a thread? For example if I am replying to a thread and would like to refer to one I have made. How would I insert the link?Thanks for any help you can offer.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I have an important question that I cannot seem to find the answer to after searching the website. I think this question is very meaningful and I feel could truly help to make ATS a better place for discussions.

I was reading a decently lengthy post debating/discussing an interesting topic. The problem was that very important highly critical vocabulary terms (words) were having worldly different definitions added to the terms by different posters.

Does the ATS website have a listed source to go to get a definition for a term? If it does not would the powers that be consider choosing a source as the "Go To" for definitions of words? Websters Website, Wikipedia etc.

When people cannot even understand what someone else means when they say something it makes having productive conversation extremely frustrating.

If you, the mods, owners whoever were to say THIS is what this word means when you use it and have a place listed to verify that is indeed what it means it could have a very profound effect on the exchange of information on this website. I think that ignoring this issue and just letting people have words mean whatever they think they mean or want them to mean is never going to lead to anything good.

If there is a listed source as the go to for definitions of words on ATS.com could you sticky that information to the top of the website or make it plainly visible somewhere?

Thank you very much for you time. -NoStamps

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hi all, I'm a long time reader and have just joined up to ask a question. I cannot see any info about this on the site or elsewhere. I usually use the ATS mobile site (m.abovetopsecret.com) but it seems to have gone offline - the message I get actually says "AYSMobile Offline".

Does anyone know if the site will be back online or has it gone for good? Thanks in advance of any replies.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
lovin what i see so far.. thumbs up

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well, I've been a long time lurker, its great to finally get round to posting, this is my first

I mainly used forums such as zoklet, and its great here that you are accepting to new members.
I am looking forward to talking and sharing ideas in the near future,
Thanks for having me ATS.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm using it now

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've been here for quite a while now and I still don't know how this website works.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am very new to this whole topic. But, I have had extremely real dreams my entire life. By that I mean I couldn't tell certain dreams from my waking life. I have never talked to anyone about this. I am 50 years old and have entirely too many paranormal experiences I have kept quiet many many years. I know that iin general if I told anyone I would be labeled a loon and disregarded in every other aspect of my life. That's why it has taken me so long to talk about it. I have had every hair on my body raised when I go to certain places , homes, business establishments, hospitals . It began as a kid in a Christian Bible Camp. My cousin and I were exploring the woods around the camp and came upon a burned out trolly car. Most of the car still functioned , so we got in and the door closed and we immediately began hearing children laughing and playing and the next thing we know is the children are crying and screaming. The door to the car wouldn't open we tugged and pulled until the door opened. We never spoke to anyone about it. And, things continue to this day. Can someone please tell me why I have dreams that are absolutely real at the time I have them?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Hi asala,

I'm glad I finally joined ATS though I've immediately come up against an etiquette question that I'm hoping you can solve. My first ever post is currently a top member pick, "First Weaponized Software," and while I'm flattered it's a member pick, an ATS member in the thread mentioned it was proper etiquette when citing a news source to use the exact news headline so as to cut down on duplicate postings. The actual headline from my source, The Christian Science Monitor, is this: "Stuxnet malware is 'weapon' out to destroy ... Iran's Bushehr nuclear plant?" *not* "First Weaponized Software."

My question is this: Do I really have to use the exact headline from a news source? I understand the reason given, and another member posted the same news, and possibly did it before me (my fault), but my post has garnered more attention then the other member, and I feel like my headline was more catchy to ATS members. Also, I enjoy re-writing headlines. So, I don't want to run afoul on the boards, but I'd like clarity on the subject about posting exact news headlines.

Thank you,
Jason88

edit on 24-9-2010 by Jason88 because: forgot key word

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Briankeith

Hey BrianKieth.

As this thread is basically for Site-related questions, you may want to try these Forums for your current queries.
Dreams & Predictions

Paranormal Studies

Both found on the AboveTopSecret - Forums page.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

While you're free to be inventive with your thread titles in most forums,
yes, Breaking News Forum threads need match the news source article.

You'll find additional information regarding this topic on the following threads.

Changes To News Submissions For The Breaking Alternative News Forum

Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

Good to know and I'll stick to the rules moving forward. Thanks for the reply, JBird!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hi all

I indeed have a silly question: If I made a stoopid spelling mistake in my members name can it be changed? (can you spot it?!)
Also difficulty with avatar background images and how to upload one, seems to be asking for some link and thats when it get technically too much for me!!
Any response is welcome, many thanks
W.C.S.

Originally posted by asala

Or even if your question will seem somewhat silly,

My advice is! No question is a silly one,

edit: sorted the avatar issue now, just needed to read some tutorial and well, it was very easy in the end!!

edit on 28/9/10 by WorstCaseScenario because: asked a question which was figured out in FAQs

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hi guys atrandom here. I had a question and a bit of a suggestion. Is there a button we can use to see who flagged our posts? And may I suggest that such a button or view be implemented? Ir wouldn't be hard, in fact it would be easy. Another forum I've seen allows you to thank users posts and you can see hwo many users have thanked the posts, their names and when the posts were thanked. We could just put a similar box beneath the original post in the thread and it would show who flagged the thread.

You can look at the 1st post in this thread to see what I;m talking about...

www.mixmakers.net...

Also could a mod tell me who flagged my thread here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi i'm a new member, am i correct in thinking that i must post here before creating a new thread

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i wanted to start a thread with a bunch of links to all the recent ufo news that has been happening. thread would hvae about 20 links to video clips and news articles but would include about 5 different aspects of ufo's that have been covered on ats but there is not one thread linking them all together and making the case of soft disclosure.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm a new member and now i am a member i cant seem to see the names of the posters. i can see a posters post but i can't tell who posted the post. its a bit weird. anyone know why this is?

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join