It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
JAK

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilntShdw
I was wondering how to set an avatar from Zedd. i only know how to set url avatars

Hey

I saw the post you made and was not sure if Zedd would want you to use the image from your own address, so I saved it and had it hosted somewhere else just in case.

If I am correct and this
Is the image you are after, then just go to your [color=6A80B6]settings tab, then to Edit Profile and enter the following address into the Avatar URL: box provided: Hope that helps.

Jack

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hello i am new here and i am just testing what its like to place a message

I haven't set up my profile yet i haven't figured out how to do it!
Oh well it will come to me.

I love topics about Aliens and ufo's and i love anything to do with world mysteries etc.

See you around

JAK

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hello Earth Angel, good to have you here.

If there is anything that you might need to ask, please feel free to U2U me and I'll try to help.

In the meantime here's the excellent Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links which you might find very helpful to bookmark.

Welcome again.

Jack

[edit on 2/5/05 by JAK]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earth Angel
I haven't set up my profile yet i haven't figured out how to do it!
Oh well it will come to me.

If your having some problems I recommend Zedd's Handbook it has links to lots of helpful things.

If you want a avatar in your profile see here to see how to do it

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Earth Angel well you have made the first step in posting

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like
we are all here to help you enjoy your time on ATS. We also ave a great section on ufos/aliens,
i m sure you will check out

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
this website is awsome and i think i will learn as more than what i already know and if i know anything to help someone i cant wait to post whoat i know

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hello all this will be my first post.......still getting to know my way around the site befor, I venture on...... to post any forums. Had one question can alt codes be used when posting a message¿

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKauz
Had one question can alt codes be used when posting a message¿

I'm not sure exactly what "alt codes" is, but only BBCode works on ATS for formatting, assuming that's what you're referring to.

Welcome to ATS.

[edit on 2005/5/21 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
just a bump in case any new members have any questions

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i think that im lost...

what is a bump

i only need 2 more posts i think to be adopted

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

think that im lost...

what is a bump

i only need 2 more posts i think to be adopted

Hey, I bumped the thread to keep in in the recent posts.

Ok So how are you lost? i see yo also have a warn, Yes you need help

Throw some questions at me and ill help you clear anything up.
you can be adobted anytime,

Asala

[edit on 9-6-2005 by asala]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Check my sig (the blue bit).

I'm now a proud foster-dad again.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hello everyone. Today is my first day as a member, so I thought it would be a good idea to poke around in here and see if I was missing anything. I noticed a post about a member's art section. Could someone please tell me a little more about that, or maybe where to get information on that section of ATS?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The member art section is in BTS (Below Top Secret)..

You can find it here.

ATS is split into several different areas, the buttons to access which are at the very top of the page above the site banner.

Welcome to ATS. Enjoy your stay. Don't feed the trolls.

[edit on 2005/6/11 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Trust the gremlin, she can help you and she is always nice about it

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
After exploring on my own a bit, I have run into a few more questions.

1. Is there a way to keep track of all threads I have posted to? I would like to check back for updates.

2. I need help understanding how newspaper articles work at ATS. If I find an article of interest, should I submit it somehow, or can I start a thread about that subject?

3. How do I use the quote function in my replys?

I did look in FAQ's and help, but didn't find the answers. I appologize for wasting your time if these are explained elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cameo
1. Is there a way to keep track of all threads I have posted to? I would like to check back for updates.

The best way to do this is to learn to use "My ATS". Press this button
in the menu bar to go there and you will see all of the threads you have participated in listed on the right. When somebody replies to one of those threads, it is bumped up to the top of the list. You can also change what forums are shown on the left 2/3 of the page by hitting the "edit forums" link at the top, and by hitting the arrows on each box to change their order (you'll see what I mean when you check it out).

2. I need help understanding how newspaper articles work at ATS. If I find an article of interest, should I submit it somehow, or can I start a thread about that subject?

You can submit current news to the ATSNN news portal where it will be voted on by other members. If it reaches 15 yes votes it will be upgraded to an ATSNN story. For an in-depth explanation of how to submit stories, go here. The news submission form is accessible from this button in the menu bar:

Alternatively, you can simply start a new thread, probably in the Other Current Events Forum. Type a short intro, quote a few paragraphs from the article making sure to include the link to the story, and then give your comments or analysis of the story below. It's probably best to practice this way a few times before submitting a story to ATSNN because the expected standard is higher there.

3. How do I use the quote function in my replys?

You can either use the automated function by pressing this button at the top of the compose post window and the instructions will lead you through it, or you can type the quote code around the text you wish to quote like this:
[quote] Blah blah this is quoted text here [/quote]
Just replace the curly brackets with square brackets [ ] and it will look like this:

Blah blah this is quoted text here

Hope this helps.

[edit on 2005/6/12 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
how do I change the the color begind my avatar.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sevenstars_777
how do I change the the color begind my avatar.

Click the
button in the menu bar under the ATS banner. In the screen that opens up, you will see the
on the left. The 6th option down is "Custom mini-profile background color". Pressing the button will open the hex code input screen. Type in the 6-digit code for the color you want (don't add the # symbol, just the numbers) and hit enter. You will be deducted 250 points and your profile background color should have changed.

For a full list of color codes, go here.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
to: wecomeinpeace
Thank you so very much for your help but the problem is that I'm new here and I dont even know about points

sorry for been so much trouble

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join