Originally posted by sarra1833
1. Flagging and Starring. I know how to flag. How do you star? That's what I get for not reading past the first page and being greedy. >_> I
apologize. If the following questions are also asked before, I'll happily ask forgiveness and treat this as a lesson well learned. But in case they
are not asked, I'll keep the following up.
If you look UP a couple of posts, you'll see I explained starring
2. How do I raise the amount of color on my 'flag contribution' thing? I have flagged a few but see no difference. What IS that anyway?
Your "flag contribution" will go blue, the more flags you get, NOT GIVE. SO when someone flags a thread of yours, you get a little fraction more.
It's just a way of telling how long a member has been here, or how busy (making threads) they've been, or how much people appreciate their threads.
If you click on a poster's PROFILE down the bottom, it will lead you to their Mini Profile where you can see how many THREADS/FLAGS/STARS they've
4. I was going to ask why my avatar didn't show up on here and how to make them pretty but I have another window open on that very topic so
we'll see if I can get through it.
There are two steps, you need an AVATAR Image, and a BACKGROUND image.
Follow these steps for your AVATAR:
1) Find/Create the image you want, save it to your comp.
2) Edit it, etc, then resize it so that it's NO MORE than 160 pixels wide, 320 pixels long, save it to your comp.
3) Press MEMBER TOOLS->MY PICTURES->UPLOAD IMAGE->BROWSE IMAGES (on you hard drive)->OPEN (the image)->ADD PHOTO
4) OK, now your avatar is on ATS in your photo album. Click on the image, then copy the text in the Use as ATS AVATAR
5) GO to MEMBER TOOLS->ACCOUNT SETTINGS, paste the text in the AVATAR URL box and apply.
NOW you need a background image, usually just a coloured panel, but sometimes (like mine) it can be an animated gif.
1) To begin with, just chose a plain coloured panel, download one from google images (or make one) to your comp, resizing it again (I don't beleive
resizing your background is essential but it's good practice I guess!!).
2) Then save this to your ATS PICTURE ALBUM (step 3 above), then click on the background in your album , like before, this time copy the text under
"Use as your mini-profile background on ATS"
3) Click MEMBER TOOLS->ATS STORE->Custom mini-profile background image, PASTE THE TEXT IN THE BOX, and press ENTER.
-Now you have a background image, and an avatar, if you only have the avatar and no background,when you do a long post, it repeats (like passport
photos from a photo booth!). Be aware that your background image will affect the appearance of the text in it (member, date registered
you need to change the COLOUR of the background text got to MEMBER TOOLS->ATS STORE->Custom mini-profile text color->PICK A COLOUR (using the help
link). For example a white background may make the white text invisible, so you'd have to chose a darker text!!
I hope that helps!! There's probably a far easier way to do it!! It wasn't that long ago that I was new!!
5. How long does it take for newbs to 'get' where everything is and what each area means in the forums? There is a LOT of topic area's and is kind
of an awesome overwhelming feeling when one is trecking around these parts.
I wouldn't bother!! ATS is about to roll out some major site changes, we'll all be newbs in a few weeks!!!
All the best, Kiwifoot
[edit on 3-6-2010 by kiwifoot]