It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Well I tried using an old password and I was able to get to my media, however, under my old password I still don't have permissions to upload media, I assume it's a point thing. When I login using my new password I get redirected to the new window to login and it loops. Keep in mind old and new passwords but same username.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

Well for some reason when you change your ATS password, your media password stays the same, therefore you can only log in with that one, This problem should be fixed with the New ATS changes that are about to happen.

Hmm, again I'm not too sure as I don't use my media profile much myself, only for images and adding avatars etc. not for uploading videos.

I'm only assuming though that uploading videos could have a certain limit before you can use it such as 200 posts much like what is in place for ATS chat at the moment (Btw currently you have 182 posts)

Of course as I have said this is only an assumption so asking a Moderator or asking in the ATS issues thread would be a good idea!

Sorry I couldn’t have been more help.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Is there a way to track back to your own posts and see replies?

Seems like after I post and come back there are many more pages of comments and I can never find my own posts to look for replies, or am I just missing the obvious, (totally possible!).

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

Thanks for the help, I got it figured out. I was using my ATS login for my media login. I used a different password for my media login and it is working now.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hello everyone - joined a month or so ago and I find the surfing great. I have posted replies in 50 threads. I keep setting my avatar but it doesn't show except on my home page, was wondering why? Thanks every so much - hooked on this site!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f3577565ea8.jpg

Copy and paste that above (but WITHOUT the space at the beginning) into 'ATS Avatar URL' Which you will find in ''ATS account settings after clicking on 'Member Tools' at the top of the very top of the page.

FYI: Just from looking at your avatar though it really does look it will be too large and may need resizing.

ETA: That was the only picture in your media account so I'm assuming that is the one you want as an avatar.

ETA AGAIN: See this post below.....Tis better than mine.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Hi crazydaisy I re-sized your image if you still want to use it, save this link and then go to account settings and paste the link into the avatar area. Click submit and it's done.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a79fab9f6575.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
How do I remove my background image?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

thanks, been reading this forum for quite a while, i have something very interesting to submit and now need to get the required 20 posts in before i can 'post' my findings..

so this is #1

cheerz on a great site btw....nothing but interesting

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What is the difference between Above Top Secret and Below Top Secret?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

You get another one in the ATS Store in the store, but leave the field (file name) blank.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by asala]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobody7766

AboveTopSecret is for the more conspiracy and serious issues,

BelowTopSecret is where you can have fun and let your hair down, Music, chit chat ect

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thank you for your assistance beautifuls.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobody7766

Your Welcome, Feel free to ask as many as you need.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hey folks! Since I seem to have all ready run a little rampant on the boards in my excitement of finding like minded people, I kind of forgot this part! Silly me.
First of all you can call me Yig as it is a lot easier then Yigsstarhouse! Now that we got that out of the way....

I tried to go to the very first post that's suppose to have the help links or what have you to learn and try to understand a couple things, ie, points etc., but it came up page not found. I didn't want to bother anybody because I know redundancy can be a real pain for admins answering the same ol all the time.
So, if someone could explain that to me and what the little stars above the post are about, I'd be very grateful. I certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes!

BTW, I really love this site. My garden was totally neglected today as I have spent hours reading and reading. Thank god I went to school when reading was still a important requirement.

Thanks in advance for the help
yig~

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

A 'star' is something the author of a thread or post can receive. Its main purpose is to say 'Good post.' Other uses for the star system include being able to say 'I agree' or 'Good point' without having to leave a one line post.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by depmode101

will be great to see you around the boards! Love the name BTW lol

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
lol ok I figured that much, but how does one go about giving one a star? The point thing has me curious as well. I received a pm about someone giving me so many points, but I didn't understand how it happened or what it meant, or what it is used for or towards. Boy will I feel dumb when Im finished being a newbie!!!
Thanks for the fast reply as well btw

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
why is it I have 189 points but only 86 posts....that doesn't make any sense...I think its awful hard to make all these posts just to be able to talk to people in chat...I have been here 4 months isn't that long enough introduction???

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PPGrocks

Yes, I agree, I think 200 posts is a little high and I try to tell myself that the post marker was made using wisdom and experience. I guess this keeps out trolls and instigators who have to go a lot of trouble to access chat, but it also keeps out a part of the community that is just waiting to make that 200th post.

I guess I could just spam out another 152 posts of one word comments on every single thread in the forum, but unfortunately I have decorum and character that does not allow me to conduct myself in such a fashion.

I would make a good addition to most discussions in chat, as I think many of us would.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join