It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hey all! I was wondering if you have threads where religion and prophecies are discussed.

I have some new revelations that are going to blow people's minds and can't really find where to discuss it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Oh yes we do have a good few for you, Some on BTS (use your ATS name and password to log in)

On ATS we have-

Conspiracies In Religion

Predictions

And on BTS we have.

Faith & Spirituality

Dreams & Predictions

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hello, i'm relatively new, From Australia , I was on our news website this afternoon and read about the US military + NASA's kind of secret un-manned space project that is supposed to commence Thursday (US) I believe its called the X-37B, I did a search and nothing came up about it on ATS. Just was wondering if there was more info on it other then Wiki.

cheers

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by INSANCT

Gday

I searched the topic on ATS and couldn't see anything so you should be OK to start a thread on this if that is what you are asking?
I did a google search for the following:

US military + NASA's kind of secret un-manned space project that is supposed to commence Thursday (US) I believe its called the X-37B

And it came up with a few pages, should give you plenty of fodder.
If you need help with quoting these sources, drop me a U2U

Cheers Zazz

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the quick reply
I'd like to, however I haven't posted enough times, so I'll just stick to searching online for now, although i'd like to hear about it more through the intelligent minds here at ATS.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by INSANCT

I'd like to, however I haven't posted enough times,.......

Start an "Introduction" thread ASAP at this link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
You don't need 20 posts to do that.

Make a few replies on threads that interest you, and you'll have the 20 posts you need in less than an hour.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
the hand book is not working right now

When will the hand book be available again?

Alternatively, is there another way to get the same tutorial?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisbasa
Have found out how to star a post . . .

I have been hitting "Control - Find" on page after page of this thread looking for this information. It's very time consuming.

Can someone explain this to me? I don't see a button to rate a post. Does it not appear for me until after I've posted 20 times?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

WE are in the middle of a site Re design right now, But we do have Videos that cover a number of things to help guide you,
I will post them up for you shortly,

As for Starring, Yep once you have your 20 posts you will see the star feature on the left hand side of each post,

some forums like Intros and Board questions however do not have the star feature

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

As for Starring, Yep once you have your 20 posts you will see the star feature on the left hand side of each post . . .

Thank you!! Mystery solved.

Must be the same for flagging . . .

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

As for Starring, Yep once you have your 20 posts you will see the star feature on the left hand side of each post . . .

I see that there are two kinds of stars: a plain one and one that is blue. I guess the plain one is to show 1/2 a star to show an average of the vote count from members?

But what would one plain star indicate? You can't go below one star as an average, right? Or is the plain star not a 1/2 star but something else?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If you see and then click on a plain star then you are giving that member a star for their post.

If you see a blue star that indicates that another member has already starred that post for whatever reason but even though that post may have been starred you can still star it as well as to the right of the blue star should be a plain star.

You can only star a post once.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
If you see and then click on a plain star then you are giving that member a star for their post.

If you see a blue star that indicates that another member has already starred that post for whatever reason but even though that post may have been starred you can still star it as well as to the right of the blue star should be a plain star.

You can only star a post once.

I see a single plain star above "posted on . . ." in the post itself. I don't have my 20 posts yet so I don't have the option of rating a post . . .

The spot where you click on the star to rate is to the left, in the area of the person's avatar, correct?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The spot where you click on the star to rate is to the left, in the area of the person's avatar, correct?

This is where you click to star.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c9a58943563.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

This is where you click to star.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c9a58943563.jpg[/atsimg]

Thank you.

The thread I read said you rate from 1 - 5 stars depending on the quality of the post.

Oh dear. Now I have another question. The example you show has 8 blue stars. What does that mean?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well I'm not sure what the rating system is for stars so someone else will have to help you there I'm afraid but I can only assume that the 5th level of quality counts for everything from where it starts and above.

So if it starts at 5 stars then that quality level counts for everything from 5 stars upwards.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Now I have another question. The example you show has 8 blue stars. What does that mean?

8 blue stars actually means that at least 8 members of ATS read the post and found it was well written or informative. The people that added a star probably felt that the post added something positive to the discussion.

A single post can get an unlimited number of stars.
Well, it is limited in the sense that ATS only has a certain number of members, and each member can only give one star per post.

Also, you can't give yourself a star or flag.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Now I have another question. The example you show has 8 blue stars. What does that mean?

8 blue stars actually means that at least 8 members of ATS read the post and found it was well written or informative. The people that added a star probably felt that the post added something positive to the discussion.

A single post can get an unlimited number of stars.
Well, it is limited in the sense that ATS only has a certain number of members, and each member can only give one star per post.

Also, you can't give yourself a star or flag.

Okay it sounds to me that you either get a star from a member or you don't, and that there is no break down of 1 - 5 stars, as described in the video that is linked on this thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I know I should probably see if this has been asked, but sometimes I just don't feel like it

Paranoid question: Does anyone else get the feeling that this site is bugged? I only ask because I've been having a few...problems with being watched in the past and present.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbat

Of course the site is bugged......
You don't think a place like ATS would just fly under the radar unnoticed do you ?

Everything you do on the internet is logged by your ISP, packets are sifted through by governments and the powers that be. Every time you communicate over the internet, by phone, or other electronic means, it can be monitored for key words/phrases and then flagged for further checking.

Your bank keeps records of all your transactions, credit cards and reward cards keep track of everything you purchase. The roads you drive on watch your vehicle, and if you get out and walk a city street there is someone at a monitor watching and recording almost every step you take.

So you slip into a shop to pick up a pack of smokes, smile, your every action is recorded by security cameras.

You're not paranoid, you are just being watched citizen, and it's for your own good, and the good of society.

Now behave and conform according to the rules.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join