It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The only thing I can think to try is check your e-mails junk mail folder it might be in there . If not Im sure a Mod can help . good luck

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just sent you a message here on ATS,
on what you ned to do.

Asala,

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just sent you a message here on ATS,
on what you ned to do.

Asala,

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thank you kindly for the help

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
how do i start a story off ?????? iv got twenty posts but not sure how to write my own thread

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skillz1

You only have 15 posts so far i'm afraid.

Your profile here

5 more posts and you can start threads and send u2u's to other members.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skillz1

I think any new member can start an "Introduction Thread", and are not required to have 20 posts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just click the "New Thread" button on the top right of that link and introduce yourself to the community. You can have 20 posts with just a few replies that you respond to, and you're let loose on the boards with no restrictions other than the Terms and Conditions of ATS.

See ya around, and have fun.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hi, I have a problem.

What happened is that I registered a name that is the same as my website's name and have even mentioned the site on a few posts I've made. I read in Terms & Conditions that this isn't allowed, AFTER THE FACT.

The thing is that I have never really joined New Age forums b4, I only used to read them. And mainly this one! But, I have some really important info to share with the New Age/Alternative community and I decided it was a good idea to go and tell everyone on forums.

It's obvious, of course, that I've never been a member of any forum before because I made all these mistakes from the first week!

I have nothing to "sell" on my site, it's all about spreading the word, so I don't really know where I stand regarding the "Terms & Conditions", which forbid people from advertising businesses, etc.

Please help me out with this, as I actually really DO enjoy posting on threads, and regret not having become a member earlier. So if I have to abide by certain things, in order to keep my account active, please tell me and I will adhere to them.

In the meantime, any other posts I may make while I wait for your answer, will not mention my website.

This has all happened because I didn't know people were not allowed to mention their own websites/videos in forums. I assumed that networking, in this way, was one of the main purposes of forums like this one and would be no different than posting an Alex Jones video on, for example.

Sorry for the mistake...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bikereddie

I could use some help

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousexmason

You still have 2 un-read messages in your in box from me. If you need any help just U2U (messge) me.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
As a new member this is very helpful.

Thanks a ton.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Hey All new members,

Well you have made the first step in joining up

Now as you look around you think "oh my gosh" what a big site

Then you think "ummm like how does everything work

Greetings. I am a terrorist. Not the gun and bomb type but the blog and video type. A MediaTerrorist. Name a Gary7. At your service. Being an arty type a guy, I just couldn't help wanting to share art with the world. I keep adding an avatar of me in a rage but it just won't last. How do I establish an avatar permanently? Is it another one of those things I gotta wait for like postin vids? Thank you in advance.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'm so sorry no one got back to you sooner.

You don't need a certain amount of posts or points to put up an avatar. Any new member can post an avatar.

Some of the avatar threads are out of date due to board changes, but you must upload the image to ATS for it to show. If you host it on some other image hosting site it just won't work.

Click on "Member Tools" along the top of the page.
Then click "My Pictures".
Click "Upload Photo".

Just put "Avatar" in the top box, and down below that you browse for the image on your system. Find it, and then double click it.
It should upload to your media space.

Copy the url and paste it to the avatar box in your "ATS Account Settings".

There is a size restriction, but hell if I know what it is. You'd think I would after all this time, but if clues were shoes, I'd be barefoot......

Post your image in this thread if you need further assistance and someone other than an idiot like me will come along and help you get it embedded on the board as an avatar.

Sorry I can't help more, but take a look at this image.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18537414b609.jpg[/atsimg]

That's where I keep my avatar, and it's worked for years.
The "Avatar Tutorial" link in yellow will not work. At least not for me.:shk:

If I've been no help at all, send a u2u to asala.
She can cut through bone and get to the heart of a situation like this in no time at all.

Good Luck.....

Edit: I did find this, but it's dated 2002.

GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall. File sizes are not to exceed 75k, and animated GIF's are allowed. (physical size can extend up to 400 pixels tall for images under 50k in file size)

No profanity. No 3rd party advertising for any website(s).

No images that are similar to, or mimic any official ATS staff, FSME, reward, or other images used by ATS to designate special status without prior permission from me, SkepticOverlord, or Springer.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/4/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Thanks, and no prob on the time thing. We are all mad busy what with the world ending and everything-! Always that one more thing to do!
Anyways, by the time I read your post I had figured it out.
Now I just wanna get to upload my videos which is really what media terrorisin' is all about! When I get to the media section I get a whole new sign in. I gotta' be registered there too... ok. Fair enuff I guess. But when I try I get some message tellin' me I am not gonna be able to do that now. I guess I can do it later? Its not my newness haunting me again is it? Is joining the media side of ATS a closed club reserved for only older (I mean) members with more seinority?
And thanks again.
G7 Out

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary7MediaTerrorist

You dont need to register

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there is an easy way to find out if anyone replies to one of your comments, some of these threads can be quite lengthy and sometimes I make a comment but can't check back for a couple of days. By that time I have to search through several pages to see if anyone replied to my comment.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

As of yet we do not have that feature,
The only way to keep up with threads you have posted in is on the"MyATS" feature at the top of the page,

Just a tip i use sometimes is to keep a note on what page you posted on, or save it in your favorites then refresh once you get back,

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
iI need to know how to open a new thread in the aliens forum and how to upIoad pictures from my computer. Could you guide me please?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Click on New thread which is next to Favourite (situated near the top of the page) to start a new thread.

I've checked and you DO HAVE enough posts to create a new thread now.

To Upload a picture........

Click on member tools at the top of the screen and then on "my pictures"

(You may have to log in again)

Then click on upload.

Once it's uploaded click on the picture again and copy where it says "Embed on ATS"

and paste that into what ever thread you are planning on doing so.

Like i have done with my avatar below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc978b70e529.jpg[/atsimg]

Hope i explained that well enough and i hope that it's helpful.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Rising Against]

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join