It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
I can help by being an "ATS parent" if any one is interested.

allways gald to help the newbies.

Well I just want to upload a picture Because I am new do I have to wait for this too. 20 posts rule??

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
EDIT: Ok my mistake read it wrong

You need to upload a picture from your computer to your media profile.

So Click on member tools at the top of the page.

Thenn click on my pictures.

Then you click on upload photo.

Once the photo has been uploaded, reclick on it and copy where it says...

"Embed on ATS"

Link that to your post like i have done below with my avatar and it will show up like that...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4421e10f2aba.jpg[/atsimg]

Really hope that helps

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
hi all

QUESTION: is there any way to tell if you've received a reply?

i've been posting and i dont know if someone replies unless if i go and check, i cant do this for every topic and i dont want to just blank people

thank u in advance

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

The 'My ATS' tab at the top will let you know if anyone replied to a thread after you. Here is a direct link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look to the list on the right. The last member to post will be shown. There is no way to tell if anyone specifically replied to a post of yours but it will tell you if a thread you replied to received new comments after your post.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

thank you

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Ditto, I was wondering the same thing, Thanks

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Hi I belive I can handle doing this without a problem some boards dont let it happen untill you have been around ahwhile so I guess that is the real question, I will try to do this
Thanks

[edit on 12-2-2010 by NorthStargal52]

[edit on 12-2-2010 by NorthStargal52]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think it's really cool that peeps are willing to help each other and not kill each other.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Thanks man, for your help if I ever need anything you'll be the first one I ask. But I have been using this website for a long time just learning. Everything on here is absolutely interesting.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hello all im am a highschool student and i to have a project done by the end of the year and i just happen to bedoing it on cryptids. But wat i want to kno is if any one hears of cryptids in NC email me plz at removed thank you

[Mod Edit- Personal email address removed]

[edit on 19/2/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
how do i upload my avatar i have uploaded it and set as avatar but the pic isnt there at all any ideas???

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by missyuniverse

Have you uploaded it to your media profile??

If so then reclick on the image you just uploaded and copy where it says "Use as ATS Avatar"

Then come back to ATS, click on member tools at the top of the page, then click on account settings

Then scroll down and paste it where it say's "Avatar URL:"

Then you should have an avatar

Hope that helps!

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
I can help by being an "ATS parent" if any one is interested.

always glad to help the newbies.

peace, im having trouble putting up youtube, iv followed the instructions but all i get is a black space with youtube link at the bottom, Help

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
hi people

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I need a bit of a kickstart - how does one "give a star"? (flags appear self-evident IMO). Thanks. Now on to my user experience. I've been using the news and ATS firehoses almost exclusively throughout my pre-member days under the assumption that every post appears in either of those places ("breaking news" or everything-else-on-ATS). I was wondering if this is a safe assumption or if there are more effective ways of surveying the entire range of content in close to real time? It seems like the firehoses are a push down stack that you can just page down to the familiar entries and read from the bottom up in chronological order. Thanks in advance for the navagational assistance in the ATS wonder-land.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
to star a post: You will see a little star, in the top left hand corner of a persons post. (but not in this forum, the board help type forums don't have the star system) Anyway, just click on the star, as you would the flag. If someone has a post with lots of stars, just click the end one. Which is usually transparent.

As for browsing the boards in a more managable way, the "recent posts" button, on the bar at the top of the forums will give you all the current active threads. If you want to tweak that, so that it only shows you posts in forums you want to read, then you can mess about in the settings and personalise it more to suit you.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Thanks so much. [BIG AHA MOMENT - The firehoses only pickup the new threads - recent posts gets the new additions to any thread.

I'll see about curbing my tendencies to drink from the firehoses exclusively and adopt a more measured approach.

Thanks again for the heads-up.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by ganjoa]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Can you folks help me in my quest for justice....???

WWW.JUSTICEFORMAX.COM

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hey everyone!! just was wondering how to watch the vidz in the media section because i click on a vid and its just a black square??? can you help?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
can someone please explain to me how to insert a quote from a thread,into my reply to said thread? I seem to be having a bit of a problem going on here . thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join