It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Great to have you all here
And look forward to all your postings,
We have a good 2012 forum and also a good aliens forum so i look forward to seeing you guys in there once you get your 20 posts!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
so i look forward to seeing you guys in there once you get your 20 posts!

20 posts is nothing, just don't screw it up with any profanity or troll behavior at the start.
Save it for later......

Look around and find the threads that interest you and start a conversation. Hell, start a debate on the issue and run with it for a bit.
20 posts can happen today.

Post your point of view in threads that you know something about the topic. And post with conviction, then have the facts to back it up.
Don't worry about getting shot down, it's a board with many varied opinions. Someone will always come along and disagree with you, to the point of being kicked in the nuts a few times.

You can all take a shot at me now if you want, just to get it out of your system...

You grow a hide after a while.

ATS is kinda a unique corner of the web, and one of the most interesting sites I've found. I know I've learned more by listening than I have by talking so I'll shut up now.

I hope all new members get a similar experience.

And all the fun stuff is over on BTS......

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

ATS is kinda a unique corner of the web, and one of the most interesting sites I've found. I know I've learned more by listening than I have by talking so I'll shut up now.

ah ha! great minds think alike, isnt that what they say, i too do believe this is the best site i have ever been on with discussing topics like 2012 etc. just glad we can talk openly and freely, i am a student of psychology, and i have the open uni alot to thank for, studying psych has opened my mind even futher, it has changed me for the good. i feel sorry for the psychs who started out nearly 150 yr ago, they had toubled times getting peps to belive them, now it is an open book. absolutely wonderfull. strange as this may sound but i get the same feeling of change that i did when i became a born again christian, which lasted 2 yrs befor terrible things happened in that church, of which i cant go into, well i lost my supposed faith in god, however in studying psychology i have regained my faith in humans. we can change this world, but only if we put our minds to it, for religious buffs, if god gave us freewill, then we can not expect god to come and bail us out, afterall we made this mess, we should have to tidy it up. only makes sense that way.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

hello Asala and other members,
newby here, I have photos in my ATS photo album and i wish to upload to a thread of interest. how do i go about this?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tri-lobe-1

Hey
double click on the image in your MATS (media above Top Secret) photo album
you will get three options for links come up.

Copy 'embed image on ats' code
and then paste it in thread in your responce.

let me know if that doesnt work..
cheers zazz

[edit on 1-1-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

hello Zazz, thank you it does work, but i'm only getting a half photo in my reply, do i need to resize my photos in some way?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

yep
its too big, save it as 50% in size then redownload it

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

hey Zazz, can i resize inside my ATS photo album?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I dont think so. But Ill ask a mod for you

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

hello Zazz, I resized my photos and uploaded to a new ATS photo album, new size averages 700kbs - i am still getting only half a photo when i try to uplink to thread. Is this still to big?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

hey Zazz, I have suceeded in getting my photos on to the thread, I had to downsize 4 times and redo my album 4 times but Igot there . thank-you very much for pointing me in the right direction and have a happy new year. thanks.......tri-lobe.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

easy, I went AWOL for a bit! you did it all! lol
Well done.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
hello ATS'ers...

I just came across this thread, and am currently having some difficulty,
and didnt want to start a whole thread for it, so I hope this will do...

I have already sent and received private messages...(U2U's)

But for some reason now...

Whenever I try to access my inbox,
When I click on the red and yellow "U2U" link at the top,
It keeps taking me to the ATS media page

also.. I tried to click the "ATS store" link, and it directed me to the same ATS media page...

Now I just learned,
that whether I click on "my account" settings" ats store" u2u"...
they all take me to the same darn ATS media portal page

Why is it doing this?
is no one else having this problem?

Its only been happening yesterday and today... and I cant for the life of me.. figure out why? lol

any insight much appreciated.

Thanks, Ahmose

EDIT: My apologies, I just figured it out..
Somehow my antivirus firewall was turned back on and I wasnt aware. lol doh!

I just turned it off and all is well.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

:_) Glad you are all sorted

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
ok im not going to lie, i didnt read all 38 pages of this thread im sorry if this has been covered im sure it has but i just cant bring myself to search all 38 pages...

i might of missed this when i signed up as a matter of fact i know i did, i was tired and just wanting to reply to a thread when i i signed up.

how does the star and flag system work? can you star or flag an individual poster in a thread or just the thread? if you can give me a link back to where it talks about this when you join up or help me out that would be great thank you very much.

i love above top secret followed it for a long while just joined a few days ago and now im loving it more

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

ATS- You can star each post once that you like.
And flag the whole thread if you like its premise.You cannot star and flag yourself.

BTS
Flags only, no stars.

Your flag contribution (as in how many you recieve) is what determines your status as a member- Blue, Bronze, Silver Gold, platinum along with your number of posts.
You can see how many you have on your profile.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Z

[edit on 7-1-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

thank you very much the info was helpfull and i figured out how to do it. have a great day/night depending on your current location

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
ok im not going to lie, i didnt read all 38 pages of this thread im sorry if this has been covered im sure it has but i just cant bring myself to search all 38 pages...

The nice thing about this thread is the fact that you don't need to read every page searching for an answer. Just post up what you need to know and someone will come along and give you the information you need.

There's no such thing as a stupid question if you don't know the answer. It would only be stupid if you failed to further your knowledge by not asking the question.

Ask, we're here to answer anything board related for new members.
If it's not answered in this forum you can post in BB&Q, here's a link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Welcome to ATS.
anx..............

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
im glad to hear that, i used to post on a car web sight where you would get flamed if you asked a question with out searching and reading every post for the info you were searching for. thank you for letting me know that i can ask questions about the site that i dont understand. best wishes good day/night

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hey guys I just joined up and posted a thread but I can't seem to find it?!
Thanks,
Ste

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join