It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHS Weakest Coronavirus patients will be denied lifesaving care

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sometimes it takes something truly horrible to get us all to stop fighting and realize how screwed we are.
I probably got you with the title, but this isn't about how bad NHS is versus US healthcare. It is about how both options are truly terrible.

I read about some of the people from the princess cruise going to a hospital in California. What struck me is that
the hospital said they were at capacity for isolation cases. CAPACITY??? That was just one tiny cruise. It really got me thinking
about what would happen if this is widespread. Then I read about the people they wanted to send to the FEMA camp in Alabama and nobody
wanted to take these folks. What is scary is this is a teeeny tiny amount of people.

Then I read in the UK at they are already stretched to the limit and won't be able to handle corona virus patients.
www.independent.co.uk...

Coronavirus: Weakest patients could be denied lifesaving care due to lack of funding for NHS, doctors admit......Those denied intensive care beds could be those suffering with coronavirus or other seriously ill patients, with priority given to those most likely to survive and recover.

China is dealing with is already. A lady said she saw them bag up old people and kill them... I believe her. Is that what is going to happen in the UK.

I don't think that will happen in the US, they will probably just let us die on our own...

So here we have it folks, It does not matter if we have socialized healthcare, or private healthcare. In true real world times of pandemics I fear
the only ones truly safe are all the rich people watching us eating popcorn from New Zealand...
edit on 27-2-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Sometimes it takes something truly horrible to get us all to stop fighting and realize how screwed we are.
I probably got you with the title, but this isn't about how bad NHS is versus US healthcare. It is about how both options are truly terrible.

I read about some of the people from the princess cruise going to a hospital in California. What struck me is that
the hospital said they were at capacity for isolation cases. CAPACITY??? That was just one tiny cruise. It really got me thinking
about what would happen if this is widespread. Then I read about the people they wanted to send to the FEMA camp in Alabama and nobody
wanted to take these folks. What is scary is this is a teeeny tiny amount of people.

Then I read in the UK at they are already stretched to the limit and won't be able to handle corona virus patients.
www.independent.co.uk...

Coronavirus: Weakest patients could be denied lifesaving care due to lack of funding for NHS, doctors admit......Those denied intensive care beds could be those suffering with coronavirus or other seriously ill patients, with priority given to those most likely to survive and recover.

China is dealing with is already. A lady said she saw them bag up old people and kill them... I believe her. Is that what is going to happen in the UK.

I don't think that will happen in the US, they will probably just let us die on our own...

So here we have it folks, It does not matter if we have socialized healthcare, or private healthcare. In true real world times of pandemics I fear
the only ones truly safe are all the rich people watching us eating popcorn from New Zealand...

Not saying one way or the other until I see it in a few newspapers and on TV and even then. Think we need to be careful there is going to be all kinds of subterfuge or news with a spin if you know what I mean. I don't trust anything coming from anybody left or right conservative or liberal you just have to verify and vet everything now. Death rate is till at 3.4 % with over 40% recovery rate already

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This is no surprise, especially in the UK; they have 'death' panels there in the NHS to set the guidelines of who they will let die. It's all about supply and demand, and it least state side you can seek other options via payment. Italy had one of the best NHS systems in Europe, and they are being crushed by this. But again it doesn't matter, socialized or not no country is truly prepared for this...

To this day I still use the old Irish way and I rarely ever get sick; as soon as you feel a little crummy, drink as much whiskey as you can stomach, it kills the bad crap inside you. Vodka works too, but to a lesser degree and you need days of binge drinking it.
edit on 27-2-2020 by Mikemp44 because: spell check!

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Triage is very real. In the event of mass casualties, there will not be enough resources to provide heroic interventions to everyone. Preference will be given to those who are most likely to survive.

The worst part is that the problem cannot be fixed and will never be fixed. There is no way to create the kind of capacity required to ensure everyone would get the maximum care. There are not enough doctors, nurses or bed space.

Frankly, there isn't enough money in the world to completely prepare for a pandemic or nuclear/biologic attack. Sad but true.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

So here we have it folks, It does not matter if we have socialized healthcare, or private healthcare. In true real world times of pandemics I fear the only ones truly safe are all the rich people watching us eating popcorn from New Zealand....

The wealthy may have more resources to expend, but they are not impervious as long as they are on the surface of the planet like the rest of us. Unless of course...

***Warning! Please place tinfoil hat on head now.***

...you are thinking of those with reserved apartments in the underground cities built for reasons such as this. Breakaway civilization anyone?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

This will happen in the States as well. Most hospitals have very few negative pressure isolation units.

CDC guidelines are currently recommending that sick patients stay in the vehicles and not even enter the hospitals, before going home.

Announcements will probably be going out to contact your local health departments and to stay at home.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

The wealthy may have more resources to expend, but they are not impervious as long as they are on the surface of the planet like the rest of us. Unless of course...

Oh Snap!
time.com...

There was no word from the Vatican about the nature of his illness, but the pope was seen coughing and blowing his nose during the Ash Wednesday Mass. It comes amid an outbreak of the coronavirus in Italy that has sickened more than 400 people, almost all of them in the north. Rome had three cases, but all three were cured.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Maybe the way to get rid of the baby boomers will be
through pandemics and body bags.I am a boomer and
guessed, a long time ago, that something or someone will
find a way to get rid of us.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Triage is very real. In the event of mass casualties, there will not be enough resources to provide heroic interventions to everyone. Preference will be given to those who are most likely to survive.

The worst part is that the problem cannot be fixed and will never be fixed. There is no way to create the kind of capacity required to ensure everyone would get the maximum care. There are not enough doctors, nurses or bed space.

Frankly, there isn't enough money in the world to completely prepare for a pandemic or nuclear/biologic attack. Sad but true.

It's true I am going to go with what my father (RIP) used to say I'm not going to the hospital they got people dying in there.

Collectively we have turned so reactionary, we are all talking absolute worse case scenarios when the likely hood we get a spike of infections 3.4 percent of those die the rest recover. And if we are being manipulated there will be a magical vaccine appear just when we need it the most, millions worldwide will want this... Azar was the head of Eli Lilly....

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You should note that this prediction is coming from the Opposition. It is the equivalent of a Democrat forecast about the way that Donald Trump would cope.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Related to the topic about capacity etc when are people also going to realize that they do not need to go to the hospital for every small thing. This reaction ends up taxing the system for those that really need the help. In most cases if individuals would take some responsibility and have basic over the counter products stockpiled at home they would not need to leave their home and risk getting others sick and further stress the system.

IF this becomes a major problem stateside I predict that we won't be able to handle it because of the fear and paranoia created by many in the media and public offices will result in droves flooding the medical system and regardless of how "prepared" and well trained they might be it is going to be a numbers game.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is exactly why you should personally make sure the elderly and weak among your family are as safe as possible. Prevention is a priority. This means being able to self-isolate them with enough food/water and other supplies. Boost their immune system as high as possible while you can. Prepare for the worst case scenario.

Our governments have collectively betrayed us. They always have and always will.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If a rock the size of Los Angeles fell out of the sky tomorrow, the last thing some people would say is "our government betrayed us!"

No wonder the good people of Salem murdered so many "witches."

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have already self-isolated, but my husband still goes to work every day, and our 14 y/o granddaughter spends every other weekend with us.
If I get this virus, there is no medical intervention that will save me, so I won't waste resources or money seeking treatment.
I'm just thankful for the days I've had, and any tomorrows that may come my way.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I have already self-isolated, but my husband still goes to work every day, and our 14 y/o granddaughter spends every other weekend with us.
If I get this virus, there is no medical intervention that will save me, so I won't waste resources or money seeking treatment.
I'm just thankful for the days I've had, and any tomorrows that may come my way.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way.

If and when I do go, I want to do it with dignity, class, and style.

But in reality it'll be with humor, booze, and plenty of screaming.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The reason alabama refused to take the patients was that they weren't given enough time to prepare for them. It was a spur of the moment decision that was made necessary because they screwed up evacuating the cruise ship.

It's my understanding that many of those who become infected wont even realize they are and most wont even need hospitalization. Just take the same measures you probably are now because of the flu that is circulating around.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Socialized Medicine is money/logic driven. Old + Sick = Minimal Medical Care.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This is where the crunch will be. Not enough IC capacity to handle too many pneumonia cases.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The reason alabama refused to take the patients was that they weren't given enough time to prepare for them. It was a spur of the moment decision that was made necessary because they screwed up evacuating the cruise ship.

Alabama got the heat, but the reality is that could have been anywhere in the US. Not in my backyard is the sentiment.
Well, when this blows up what will happen?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

It's my understanding that many of those who become infected wont even realize they are and most wont even need hospitalization. Just take the same measures you probably are now because of the flu that is circulating around.

Alabama has the ONLY training center for pandemics in the US. It would be absolutely ludicrous to risk contaminating it with this virus.

Our POTUS made the right decision.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join