It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC: US may have first community-transmitted case of coronavirus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

The mainstream media is not giving any updates on the patient in California. That tells me that she is recovering nicely. Recovering does not fit their Doom and Gloom narrative.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
From a local news report:

According to Aimee Brewer, president of NorthBay Healthcare Group, the patient stayed at VacaValley hospital in Vacaville for three days -- but did not fit federal health criteria for the coronavirus, so she was not tested.

In a statement, Brewer said the woman's conditions worsened, prompting her to be transferred to UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento.

She arrived at UC Davis Medical Center on Feb. 19.

After learning the patient tested positive for the coronavirus, the hospital began tracing those at the VacaValley who may have had contact with the woman.

Employees who were considered moderate or high risk were asked to stay home, Brewer said.

The number of employees sent home is less than 100, "but in the dozens," a hospital spokesman told ABC7.

Health officials said Thursday in a press conference that the Solano County patient was in the community for several days before initially showing symptoms.
emphasis mine

Solano Co. coronavirus patient was treated at Vacaville hospital before transfer, officials say

If she was at VacaValley for 3 days, that means she was admitted on the 16th or possibly the 15th. Considering there are cases of asymptomatic transmission and that the incubation period is between 3 and 14 days (with some instances of being more), we may begin to see other cases pop up in Vacaville any time now.

Her condition worsened so she was transferred to UC Davis in Sacramento, a little over 34 miles away.

(both of the above images from google maps)

I hope they've also traced the crew who transported her from VacaValley to UC Davis medical center and have them in isolation as well as any of the medical staff who may have interacted with her while she was at VacaValley.
edit on 27-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: Wrong closing tag

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
I don’t know which news outlets you’re watching but I’m not hearing doom & gloom on my local network- we get press conferences telling us how the local cases are doing. Perhaps that case gets discussed locally?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
its just a weapon they are useing to try and shut down world economy. Then they get to proclaim how globalism is so necessary.

Basically they are holding our cheap crap and toxic drugs hostage until we play ball and get off this nationalism thing and vote Trump out.

modern warefare. The power mongers of the world are desperate and pissed off.

I dont doubt there are people spreading this throughout the USA. People over at DU are talking about getting sick and going to Trump rallies to infect everyone.

We will make it through. Get your immune system strong and you will be fine. If your on meds you might think of rationing.

Is there a reason youre attempting to derail any thread about COVID-19 and getting off topic, rather than just making your own thread in the section?

Seems a bit counter productive

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
The other obvious connection that the media doesn't talk about is that Travis AFB, where they are some of the quarantined people are staying is in Solano CO.

That is where the wild virus person is from

Perhaps there was a breakdown in the quarantine system

Not only that, but the two cruise ships , the one in Japan and the one in Cambodia, that they just let come home without controlled travel, exposing people on commercial fights at will.

One of the guys in Oregon bailed on quarantine in Cambodia and came home to oregon........the PM who greeted that ship came down with Coronavirus, and more were diagnosed later.......

He came home before testing on everyone could be complete and the results in.........

There is no telling HOW many people have done so , in cases we know nothing about.......

They can try and control the narrative as much as they want........eventually the truth will come out, at that point tho, what we do with it , is up in the air..........whatever the recourse, its clear, like the rest of our gov, there needs to be a massive overhaul........

People are getting paid way too much money and given way too much power over the health and welfare of our people, to be this lax

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
I don’t know which news outlets you’re watching but I’m not hearing doom & gloom on my local network- we get press conferences telling us how the local cases are doing. Perhaps that case gets discussed locally?

The local news outlets here in Chicago are like yours. We had 2 cases. Both recovered fully, and the local media reported their recovery. Tonight, for the first time in 4 days, they're not making CoronaVirus the #1 story...or even #2.

I was referring to the National News Media outlets, including FoxNews, CNN, MSNBC. All day long.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

So as a transport person myself, they will.

Given the distance and unless she was in really bad shape it was most likely a ground ambulance. We use a team of 4 but most like AMR etc have a Critical Care Transport Team of 3. Ive flown into Vaca Valley before and its small (under 50 beds or so) and would not have the extensive ICU facilities needed.

That team would have no doubt been notifed etc. Whats going to be the deal breaker is protocol. IF they were in isolation gear, and IF they properly decontaminated the rig after the transport then they should be good. That being said its is all but impossible to maintain isolation on transport. In the chopper even more so.

UC Davis is a perfect spot for her. It like my facility was one designated to treat Ebola patients so they are well versed and equipped.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

As noted local news is all over it as Travis AFB is a 90 minute drive from where I live. I wonder if they are trying to strike a balance nationally between reporting and being accused of hyping it up for ratings ?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: violet

The local news outlets here in Chicago are like yours. We had 2 cases. Both recovered fully, and the local media reported their recovery. Tonight, for the first time in 4 days, they're not making CoronaVirus the #1 story...or even #2.

I was referring to the National News Media outlets, including FoxNews, CNN, MSNBC. All day long.

It's no big deal, right? 🙄
edit on 27-2-2020 by snakeyes37 because: .

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Funny thing happened to me ....

I went to my local VA clinic last Wednesday & Thursday....

By Saturday I was sicker than a dog.......snot running everywhere, fever, chills...Monday Morning at 3 am I actually thought I might be sick enough to kick the bucket...by Tuesday it began to ease.... as of now, I feel 100% better but still not fully recovered.

I have never had anything hit me that fast, hard and quick. Don't have a clue what it was, but unfortunately I have to go back tomorrow......hope the hell I don't get another dose.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Thank you for weighing in on my post! That's one of the things I love abut ATS, knowledgeable professionals with a wide range of subject matter expertise.

I didn't even think about them having to sanitize the transport vehicle, but now that you mention it, it should have been another obvious concern.

It was not known that she had the coronavirus until after the transport, so there is a possibility that the vehicle/equipment could have been harboring surface contamination and been a source for further transmission of the disease.

I wonder how long after transport the patient tested positive?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ok I thought you meant the major news outlets. I’ve not been watching them lately

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

As noted local news is all over it as Travis AFB is a 90 minute drive from where I live. I wonder if they are trying to strike a balance nationally between reporting and being accused of hyping it up for ratings ?

It's more like a conflict, with the National News Outlets being directed to do what they always do...which is denigrate the country and President Trump. Even if it causes Americans to suffer mental issues, like Anxiety.

Local News executives and anchors are involved in community events and everyone at ABC/NBC/CBS Chicago lives in the area. Citizens here had the TV weather people apologizing because instead of the predicted 10" of snow Tuesday, we only got 1" of snow.

So, they're more inclined to be honest and balanced, than the agenda driven anti-America bunch who run the National Outlets.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa
You're saying the VA clinic made you sick? I go once a year for an annual checkup. It's socialized medicine, so anything is possible.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join