It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC: US may have first community-transmitted case of coronavirus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

A resident of Solano County, California, who has novel coronavirus might be the first example in the country of "community spread," a situation in which the patient did not have "relevant travel history or exposure to another known patient," the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday.
The person's "exposure is unknown," the CDC said in a news release.

CNN

CDC

Thry don’t know how they became infected, might have gone near a person who travelled there, but who is that person?
edit on 27-2-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

Community spread means the virus begins moving through a community and the "source of the infection is unknown," the agency said.
"It's also possible, however, that the patient may have been exposed to a returned traveler who was infected," the CDC added.
The agency revealed the case was detected through California's public health system and that the patient is undergoing treatment in Sacramento.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Well...That Is a really bad start then, but not as bad as Italy

Questions needs asking now, why flights wasn't stopped direct from anywhere in China, or checks performed at entry on those returning from other parts of the world with significant outbreaks, news just in is 2019 nCoV is 100-1000 times more transmissible as SARS, we could have guessed at that by just analyzing the videos coming out of Wuhan in January, it was obviously highly transmissible

I just don't understand how the US or other western countries can watch China basically use every resources and essentially declare war on a common cold/flu, and just sit back and not find that an EXTREMELY alarming response to take just for a few hundred dead at the time?, to not consider China might be lying... imagine that a lying cheating stealing communist dictatorship... and all of a sudden yeah, they said its not bad, totally trust them...who was responsible for that? Trump? or Bernie supporting CDC officials? might be worth chasing up these idiots in charge and their political leanings is all im saying, because somebody drew up these plans and they're clearly drawn up by idiots

You really have to wonder what type of idiots are in charge here, something is major up

By the time this is backtracked, and traced to the spreader and then worked out how many people were potentially infected, and what to close etc etc, its a large scale community spreading outbreak, and that town or city will need quarantining on the same scale as Wuhan

[INSERTS VIDEO OF BALL DROPPING MONTAGE]

Unreal

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
its just a weapon they are useing to try and shut down world economy. Then they get to proclaim how globalism is so necessary.

Basically they are holding our cheap crap and toxic drugs hostage until we play ball and get off this nationalism thing and vote Trump out.

modern warefare. The power mongers of the world are desperate and pissed off.

I dont doubt there are people spreading this throughout the USA. People over at DU are talking about getting sick and going to Trump rallies to infect everyone.

We will make it through. Get your immune system strong and you will be fine. If your on meds you might think of rationing.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51
I really don’t know what to believe. Best to be safe than sorry though. I’m on meds and I run out of my 3 month supply (the allowed limit you can buy at a time) in early May, so I’ll try in April to get more since they’re advising you stock up on them. They better let me get them and not be saying you’ve not ran out yet. I’ll try earlier if it starts looking bad before that because everyone will have the same idea and they might say we’re out of stock.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
do what you can and try not to stress out about to much.

Last Time I counted Trump has kept us out of 4 wars and delt with all kinds of disasters in an A+ manner so if there is anyone in charge I am glad its him. He pisses me off a lot but he is great on things like this.

Freeking out is not going to make anything better.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Right. It's a propaganda weapon. 42 people are killed in America every day by violence, yet this souped-up version of the Flu is supposed to be more deadly?

I notice how the panic-promoting newscasts talk about the spread of Coronavirus, but never mention that noone in the U.S. has died. And indeed several have fully recovered. Corona is nothing more than A souped-up flu, that's being used as a political and economic weapon.

Like Ebola in 2014, we'll get about 75 ATS threads about CoronaVirus doom, and then move on to the next "big thing" once people start to wake up and realize that CoronaVirus was a big nothing-burger.

edit on 2/27/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

it could be. Maybe not.... The fear of it is what will impact the economy and markets. When the teue numbers come out its going to look like an outbreak and people might freak. I have a feeling there are a lot of people infected in the US. People just need to stay calm.

IMO as long as the fear disipates and it does not spread too fast things will be fine. If people go nuts who knows. They sure seem like they are trying to start a panic. Trump has the right approach If you ask me. Sounds like they are ready any way it goes.

Personally I will take America under Trump over anywhere else right now. He has proved himself many times in a crisis so I dont doubt he will handle it as well as possible.

Worse comes to worse I say we just cancel elections, declare martial law, and round up any and all parties that dont like Trump. From there they can be sent to fema camps where they can be re-educated with the help of Alex Jones/Infowars.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Questions needs asking now, why flights wasn't stopped direct from anywhere in China, or checks performed at entry on those returning from other parts of the world with significant outbreaks,

www.npr.org...

At the White House news conference alongside members of the administration's coronavirus task force and health officials, the president insisted that the risk to the American people from the virus "remains very low."

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So, it's clear that there is a spreader loose in CA.

This could be someone who has mild or no symptoms

This is just the beginning

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The government is just pushing this narrative along.

People with the virus have been travelling outside of China for months now.

People have been going to their health clinic and being told they have flu like symptoms, but it's not the flu. It's just a "virus."

Then as soon as the CDC et al release their statement, then this report of a community transmitted infection.

The virus has been here. TPTB just want to control the narrative, and in doing so have an affect on people's emotions and the economy.
edit on 2722020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2722020 by AutomateThis1 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

edit on 2722020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The other obvious connection that the media doesn't talk about is that Travis AFB, where they are some of the quarantined people are staying is in Solano CO.

That is where the wild virus person is from

Perhaps there was a breakdown in the quarantine system

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My daughter will bring us back some good corona from her trip to India I suppose, it is way cheaper over there.

There isn't much in India yet, but the airports in the United Emerit airport, New York airport, and Chicago airport probably have some travelers from infected areas.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
The other obvious connection that the media doesn't talk about is that Travis AFB, where they are some of the quarantined people are staying is in Solano CO.

That is where the wild virus person is from

Perhaps there was a breakdown in the quarantine system

Good catch! Makes perfect sense. Just goes to show how lame the media are. Too lazy to connect the dots. It's all about headlines.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I get told that every year though - It's just a virus.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Right. It's a propaganda weapon. 42 people are killed in America every day by violence, yet this souped-up version of the Flu is supposed to be more deadly?

Have you researched whatsoever? You are kind of sounding like Trump there.

Conservatively, this virus catches twice as easily at the flu. Influenza spread worldwide each year without any problem, whatsoever. So I think we can agree this will just as easily spread worldwide - actually, twice more effectively.

The fatality rate at the most conservative is much deadlier than the flu. Again conservatively, 23 times worse. This has the LIKELY result of 18 million dead worldwide. Not accounting for lack of ICU beds, prolonged care, exhausted workers, and so on.

So unless you think.. heck, there are billions, so.. 18 million who cares? It's a big deal. And there are more doubts and unknowns. Airbone? Reinfected? A DOG was tested positive.. so you can catch it from Fido. Long incubation, asymptomatic.. there are a lot of reasons this is a scary virus. People need to stop looking at the weekly #s - start considering the yearly result of what could be.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Have you researched whatsoever? You are kind of sounding like Trump there.

Conservatively, this virus catches twice as easily at the flu. Influenza spread worldwide each year without any problem, whatsoever. So I think we can agree this will just as easily spread worldwide - actually, twice more effectively.

The fatality rate at the most conservative is much deadlier than the flu. Again conservatively, 23 times worse. This has the LIKELY result of 18 million dead worldwide. Not accounting for lack of ICU beds, prolonged care, exhausted workers, and so on.

So unless you think.. heck, there are billions, so.. 18 million who cares? It's a big deal. And there are more doubts and unknowns. Airbone? Reinfected? A DOG was tested positive.. so you can catch it from Fido. Long incubation, asymptomatic.. there are a lot of reasons this is a scary virus. People need to stop looking at the weekly #s - start considering the yearly result of what could be.

You would be surprised by the amount of people that are just brushing this off like it's no big deal. I recently shared a link on Facebook to an article about how the virus spreading in the US could change daily life here.

A friend responds and says that the normal flu kills thousands daily every year, and that Ebola is worse. Some people just choose to bury their head in the sand.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit
I agree, although I’m a bit skeptical, only because I don’t want to hear told you so. My daughter isn’t heeding my warnings, but spouting off “people are saying it’s not that bad...”. I say you need to stop taking the baby to crowded gatherings ... “ I know”. Then I get a text of them at Science World in Vancouver when we have 7 cases here and two are very local (came from Iran) My other daughter just went to Vegas. My brother and sister are going to the UK in May.

It’s foolish to just label it a conspiracy- you make some good points.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: snakeyes37
I know! I see it on Facebook about the cases here and all the replies are it’s nothing, the flu killed more etc etc.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

because we were told to prepare for the last two years for disaster scenarios and the media has zero credibility.

American patriots have basically been prepping for civil war since 2009 so some flu virus is not a major concern for them. They are armed, stocked, and have lots of water. Self quarantine from government and nutjobs has become a prefered way of life for many of them. Most prefer not to socialize in large groups.

For those people corona is 50/50. could be bad..... could be good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join