It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modeling a possible peak for the COVID-19 pandemic in the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

I'm not seeing anything more than up to 9 days, but more commonly around 2.

www.ucsf.edu...

www.contagionlive.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hmmmm, first source says, "Chiu stresses that we do not yet have definitive data on how long the new coronavirus can survive on surfaces, but based on data from other coronaviruses such as SARS, it may be for up to two days at room temperatures.", and the second states, "With a goal of reviewing literature on the persistence of human and veterinary coronaviruses on inanimate objects, the investigators focused on 22 studies. From MERS to SARS, the study team found that coronaviruses “can persist on inanimate surfaces like metal, glass or plastic for up to 9 days"".

So it looks like they're guessing between 2-9 days on hard dry surfaces (nothing regarding "in water"), but that's just estimation based on traditional and well studied coronavirus strains. I hope we can get some solid numbers on this strain. Especially with all the murmurs regarding likelihood of it being lab engineered, thus COVID-19's persistence traits could be quite different depending on the desired goals of the possible engineers.
edit on 2/27/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: redmage
a reply to: agenda51

Yes, because here in 2020 being able to convince Dear Leader just how magnificent you think his invisible robes look is the MOST important qualification when dealing with scientific and medical issues of public health and safety.

Only the BEST partisan brown-noser will do! I feel safer already!

Why are you putting your partisan BS in this thread?
Maybe he should put one of the do nothing Dems in charge?
Give it a damn rest.

If it were a Dem President putting his Dem VP in charge of the outbreak, you'd all be crying to the hilltops.

Tell me I'm wrong?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: redmage
a reply to: agenda51

Yes, because here in 2020 being able to convince Dear Leader just how magnificent you think his invisible robes look is the MOST important qualification when dealing with scientific and medical issues of public health and safety.

Only the BEST partisan brown-noser will do! I feel safer already!

Why are you putting your partisan BS in this thread?
Maybe he should put one of the do nothing Dems in charge?
Give it a damn rest.

If it were a Dem President putting his Dem VP in charge of the outbreak, you'd all be crying to the hilltops.

Tell me I'm wrong?

They would.

Many on this site are complete hypocrites.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join