It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CV19 Deadlier Than War! And 20x More Deadly Than Flu

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
I think we've seen with the right treatment, it's not as dangerous as the typical flu that has already killed sixteen thousand people in the US this past year. So I think that type of information by the media above is propaganda meant to make people panic. Nothing more. Common sense precautions and isolating cases of it will go further than anything else in preventing it from becoming a more serious problem. Will markets get disrupted? Sure, stuff happens when large numbers of people get sick, and when your country's leadership is too weak to admit when they've screwed up and didn't handle it right to begin with bad things happen.

Thus clearly shows you have no understanding of how things are progressing. It's not just one county your claiming has lied and doesn't have the right healthcare, there are now western countries with great healthcare who are still losing patients fast.
Come back to tell us it's the same as the flu once a large amount of the population has had it.
For the moment I think the percentage of patients who need intubating is far higher than the flu abd this will over run the best healthcare systems in the world.

In the UK for example we only have a handful of ECMO beds to support the most severe. Also only a few spare ICU beds in each hospital. The current status of this virus show we need thousands of intubated patients whilst they recover. Some needing ECMO.

I assume your from the USA and whilst you talk about better healthcare keeping on top of it just like the flu - wait until millions contract it. THEN start quoting the comparison stats to flu.
edit on 28-2-2020 by Diamondgeezur because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The media pushes their PANIC! agenda by using the CoronaVirus sickness-to-death ratio in China. The U.S. will fare far better... probably even a lower sickness-to-death ratio than the flu bug.

I kind of talked about this earlier. In America 600k went to the hospital last flu season due to complications and about 10% of them actually died. If we looked at China with about a billion people with little or no healthcare how many people that have been infected and developed complications could not go to the hospital? How many of these high risk people didn't even have potable water to stay hydrated as they were isolated in their houses?

If we took the 600k high risk patents in America last year and made them just stay home with little or no care would more than 10% have died? I would think a lot more would have, so in reality with CornaVirus we are most likely talking instead of .1 lethality of the common flu to something like .3 lethality of being a new virus, and not 2%ish that China may be seeing with their drastic response that doesn't include to actually provide proper care for the high risk infected.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

True that!
mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm not too worried about the wu-flu, but it did serve a purpose in reminding me to be prepared for a real threat. Got my supply of food and water and some medical supplies that have been depleted over the years.

ETA: Never realized how many beans I go through. No wonder my wife washes our blankets so often...

edit on 28-2-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I'm not too worried about the wu-flu, but it did serve a purpose in reminding me to be prepared for a real threat. Got my supply of food and water and some medical supplies that have been depleted over the years.

ETA: Never realized how many beans I go through. No wonder my wife washes our blankets so often...

About 20 years ago there was a chance a hurricane was going to hit San Antonio, and so I went to the store after work to get some water, candles etc and it was a mad house that within hours the stores were empty of everything and that was my first lesson to be prepared.

Today I have about 6 months of food on hand and unlimited water o start. After all this and prices on mask come down I'm investing in about a million...

edit on 28-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: sine.nomine

About 20 years ago there was a chance a hurricane was going to hit San Antonio, and so I went to the store after work to get some water, candles etc and it was a mad house that within hours the stores were empty of everything and that was my first lesson to be prepared.

Today I have about 6 months of food on hand and unlimited water o start. After all this and prices on mask come down I'm investing in about a million...

It's kinda funny, I've always travelled in my car with a shovel, blanket, and coffee can with a candle in it never thinking I'd need them. Well my car broke down when I was living in a farmhouse. AAA said it'd 6 hours before they could get to me one winter... That blanket and candle saved my life... Always be prepared, my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join