It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKIP racist? (revisted)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
(Follow up to UK Wizard's thread politics.abovetopsecret.com...)

Now, UKIP gained a lot of success in the European election and are hoping for success in the general election aswell. Many have claim links and inflitration by the BNP into UKIP and some have called them "wolves in sheep clothing". They question is; are they or aren't they?

Some of the statements UKIP have said can be seen as racist or xeniaphobic, but what can you expect from a hardline right wing party?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I guess how it is you define a racist party, is it their members or their supporter or simply they leaders.
I believe a very large percentage of the people who voted UKIP in the euro elections voted UKIP simply because they are anti-EU, not because they support UKIPs policy but because people don't like the stance of other parties as they are not seen to be Euro-Skeptic enough.

However I believe their are members of UKIP that are racist and have connections with racist organisations such as the National Front and the British National Party, this can mean they are 'political moles' or have simply shunned their past politcal leaning and turned to a less extreme party.

Every political party has members that are more extreme than others, in UKIP's case this can mean those 'extremists' are racist and heavily nationalistic, however the odds of these people getting in charge of the high level leadership of the Party is slim.

Just my thoughts

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I personally feel that the UKIP is WORSE than the BNP. They are violent racist people who stand for themselves and themselves only. If you've ever seen a BNP rally it is very peacefull, where I would be scared to attend a UKIP rally.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
BNP, UKIP it's all much of a muchness to me.

IMO it all boils down to a pretty ridiculous childish and simplistic 'everything would be wonderful if it wasn't for the outsiders/others whether they be immigrants or Europeans etc etc'.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
I personally feel that the UKIP is WORSE than the BNP. They are violent racist people who stand for themselves and themselves only. If you've ever seen a BNP rally it is very peacefull, where I would be scared to attend a UKIP rally.

Someone needs to get their facts right, the BNP is far worse than UKIP, UKIP is anti-EU not anti-Europe, the BNP is anti-everyone not white..and extreme right wing....

And have you ever been to a UKIP or BNP rally?!?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
No there was one in birmingham right where I worked. I don't agree with their views at all, please don't get me wrong, I just saw that the rally was peacefull handing out leaflets etc. I've heard that there was a UKIP rally where they were shouting abuse etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
No there was one in birmingham right where I worked. I don't agree with their views at all, please don't get me wrong, I just saw that the rally was peacefull handing out leaflets etc.

trust me there's nothing peaceful about the BNP, after all they are a bunch of thugs in suits, I bet those leaflets contain enough hate to start a fight

[edit on 12-4-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
BNP = Brownshirts
UKIP = Brownshirts in blazers.

In effect UKIP is a BNP for the middle classes who are to snobby to vote BNP but happy to vote for the same policies with a different name.

And to point out UKIPs racism, they allied themselves with an anti semitic polish party in the Euro parliament.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
BNP = Brownshirts who relalise if they step out of line they'll be in nick
UKIP = Brownshirts in blazers who think they can get away with anything

That is what makes the UKIP worse than the BNP, IMO.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You know the political signs that are appearing on lamp posts...

Well today walking home I came across a UKIP sign, nothing special you say....well it wasn't on a lamp post it was on the ground, with holes in it, scratched and very dirty...someone near me doesn't like UKIP

new topics

top topics

join