It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is teaching me understanding and how to make things good and not to fear.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
.. and God is proving me wrong when I'm judging.

The less you want to control the behavior of other people, the more you give others the freedom to be in their arrogance and ignorance or anything without judging them the more you grow.

The more you want to correct others in their behavior the more you are like them.

In the end you need to become an individual on your own, free from the powers of this world.

I'm not that far evolved in God, but I'm trying and am finding God to be a real inspiration.

I'm not preaching him from a book but the more I work with the spirit the more the alknowing creator will take care of me.

He's patient, he's kind. He's really patient and kind and forgiving. This is my own experience.

I understand why you say God does not exist, why you see it as 'my' god, but in reality God is also your god.

Looking forward to what I am to become.

D.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Imho it's a mistake to try to change others. We are powerless to make durable changes on anyone but ourself. But, if you thrive to be the better version of yourself, being happy and at peace, then maybe others will want those gratifications too, growing the willing to change.

In essence don't preach, listen and be a light.
edit on 2020 2 26 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

I still think it could be nice to philosophize with God about eachother but we should take care of the needs of others first.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
good for you
keep us posted on your spiritual journey

we never stop growing

a lot of us are in a dilemma; we watch people self-destruct and we know what they need to do to right themselves, but if we get in their face they will reject us and our advice.

and its easy to fall in the 'soul patrol' trap where we think we need to go around correcting people when we need to correct ourselves. we can only do so much for others but we are responsible for our own spirituality.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

You are becoming a human being instead of a human doing.

You are making good choices.

You might like this book:

www.amazon.com...

And you might like this video:

Have a nice journey full of joy and happiness!

edit on 26-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You are finding that which is within you. Not an external force nor influence... but your true own nature.

Congrats!!

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Reality is what we create ourselves, it's all about merging with the present.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Are you a new convert?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

I don't know if I could say so.

All I know is I am changing and I feel like I will be getting somewhere.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just wait until I found our god.

edit on 26-2-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
Just wait until I found our god.

I guess rock and roll is as good a path to salvation as any other.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

What you said about judging is HUGE. God wants us to love people, kinda tough to do while you are judging them....

Joe Sweet at Shekinah Worship Center talks about an experience that Bob Jones had years ago...

"God's not going to fill us with His fullness if our will is not in agreement with Him. I'll tell you an example that happened to the late prophet Bob Jones. Bob was in a meeting years ago, many years ago, decades before he passed on to be with the Lord when he was more immature. He was in a meeting full of the Holy Spirit, now I've been in a meeting with Bob before where he's praying for people and miracles are happening, demons are coming out, the power of God is just hitting people, I've seen it with my own eyes. He was in a meeting like that and almost everybody in the whole church after Bob was done praying for them was out on the floor in the Spirit. People had been healed, delivered, all kinds of power flowing, Bob went back into the green room, a number of pastors were there, now I can tell this because Bob told it, Bob told on his self cause he didn't want anybody else to make the mistake he made OK?

Bob's back in the green room, there was a pastor there who said: "Wow Bob that was awesome the way God used you to prophecy, heal the sick, cast out demons, just think Bob, pastor so and so over there, he's the one that's always saying that your a false prophet". Now watch, Bob said, this is Bob Jones own confession, he said: "I had an unsanctified part of my heart where my pride was offended by those that were criticizing me and before I knew it here's what came out of my mouth..." Bob said five words: "His ministry isn't going anywhere." That's what he said. Bob said after I uttered those words, the word of the Lord came to Bob, cause Bob said when I was sitting in the green room the presence and the power of God was still resting on me. He said five words: "His ministry isn't going anywhere." The word of the Lord came to Bob and said: "You just used my power to destroy your brother's ministry, when my power is resting on you the words that you speak come to pass and you just released my own power to destroy his ministry. Now you're under judgement. For every word you spoke your going to be sick a month. If you ever speak against your brother again I'll take you home early."

Bob said that he immediately became ill, so ill he was bed-fast for five months. They had everybody that was anointed coming through Kansas City, they all prayed for him, everything, nothing made him better, five months to the day he got out of bed and for the rest of his life you could never hear Bob ever say any unkind word or criticism EVER about anybody. Now what can we learn from that? God will not fill us with His Holy Spirit until our hearts and our wills agree with God. If we're wounded, angry, offended or we have other stuff going on, selfish ambition, God cannot and will not, because He's a loving God, give anybody that level of power. Cause what we say will come to pass. So do you understand now? He wants the church to be filled with the fullness of God. God wants to have sons and daughters on the earth who can speak words and storms stop. God wants us to be able to speak and creative miracles happen but He's not going to release that level of power and presence until our hearts are free from gossip, complaining, backbiting, murmuring, finger-pointing, criticisms, judgements, and debate."

(@ 23 min.)

edit on 2.26.2020 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

It's a good thing to understand.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm not really into Christian Rock but this band has something....Dawn's eyes perhaps.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
Imho it's a mistake to try to change others. We are powerless to make durable changes on anyone but ourself. But, if you thrive to be the better version of yourself, being happy and at peace, then maybe others will want those gratifications too, growing the willing to change.

In essence don't preach, listen and be a light.

If you love someone you will share the truth with them about things that matter regardless if it's politically correct or not. What if ALL of us decided to not say anything and keep things to ourselves? What would the world be like if everyone who had ever lived remained silent out of fear?

Some atheists have actually become disillusioned by Christians who didn't take their faith seriously enough to evangelize. Penn Jillette is just one example... In the below video he gives the analogy of a truck. He says, if you were standing next to him in the street and didn’t believe that a truck was going to hit you, then there would be a certain point when Penn would tackle you to get you out of harms way.

"I don’t respect people who don’t proselytize. If you believe that there is a heaven or hell, or that people could be going to hell, or not get eternal life, and you think it’s not really worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward…and atheists think people shouldn’t proselytize, just keep religion to yourself… how much do you have to hate somebody to not proselytize? How much do you have to hate somebody to believe that everlasting life is possible and not tell them that?" ~ Penn Jillette

Claire Kuchever: What if you had to tell someone the most important thing in the world, but you knew they'd never believe you?

Doug Carlin: I'd try.

edit on 2.26.2020 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
A discussion about Christian music would be incomplete without mentioning Tourniquet. Some have said that their 'Psycho Surgery' album may actually be the best thrash heavy metal album in Christian music's history...

Gimme the track get back and let me rip this up no jive no shuck
as I truck loads of funk for your rump so pump your fist and
come and get a bump of this

Witness a kid don't even own his own soul playin' the other role
just to be down with the foe I can't understand a coward giving
up his power when you're livin' in the last hour twelve o'clock
Jesus is comin' back schedule is tight I gotta keep my suff intact
slack is wack it's time out for the hack stregthen up your back

You think you got rights, well I had 'em too
But I gave 'em all up when I died for you
You can't come to me cause you're good enough
Since the fall of man I'll call your bluff
I don't want to see you suffer any more
So go ahead friend, open up the door
That leads to freedom from guilt and pain
Got nothin' to lose everything to gain

Give it up
To the one
Who gave you
His own Son

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

He's patient, he's kind. He's really patient and kind and forgiving. This is my own experience.

That's the best journey of your existence. Try to make the best out of it, He is a wonderful father, but try not to make Him angry. I've made Him angry a few times. Treat this as your best opportunity to advance further in your spiritual evolution.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I wonder if this style of hard rock is a form of devotion to the Holy Trinity?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Evangelism lead by the Spirit one plants one waters and one harvest. If your not willing to disciple those who you have helped to birthed by the Spirit then you have basically abandoned a baby. I use to go to Marti Grah to evangelize coming back yearly with a belt full scalps so to say, until one year I began witnessing to who I perceived to be a street person, when they opened their overcoat to show me the sandwiches they had prepared and chastised me for in principle not going to Jerusalem first my home town. This person informed that church groups come down there once a year where he was on the street 24/7 e3vangelizing his Jerusalem first . I never went back to New Orleans and began evangelizing my home town either plowing planting watering or reaping the seeds of other labors in my home field. A second note about Mardi Grha I saw more people with 1/2 mile hailers screaming turn or burn stifiling any chance of compassionate evangelism.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

a lot of us are in a dilemma; we watch people self-destruct and we know what they need to do to right themselves, but if we get in their face they will reject us and our advice. and its easy to fall in the 'soul patrol' trap where we think we need to go around correcting people when we need to correct ourselves.

If you interfere with their *soul path journey* they do not learn anything. I know; watching a train wreck is hard; but its their train wreck they designed and implemented; for some reason you were cast/hired to witness this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join