It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that are being swept under rug because focus on Coronavirus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: JAGStorm

How about this Jag.

foreignpolicy.com...

For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure. In numerous phone calls and emails with key agencies across the U.S. government, the only consistent response I encountered was distressed confusion. If the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it isIf the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it is—not just for the public but for the government itself, which largely finds itself in the dark.

Most of the cures are provided by private vendors. What takes the CDC a year or more the private sector can do in weeks. As for response command, how is that really going to work and what are they suppose to do. All fear mongering. 2% of those infected have died. More than the common flu. Do we have a response team for the common flu. No we do not.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets
How is that really going to work?

You are asking me??? I"m not a professional. I'm not an organizer. I'm no expert or any of the other things it would take to organize and impliment a national response to a pandemic. This is why I elect representatives to my government, to do just this sort of thing.

These people, a national response team, in place with plans and scenarios to face problems like this. But there is none as Mr. Trump saw fit to abolish it. He is sure this is nothing really and will go away with it gets warmer. Mr. Expert Trump.. Mr. I"m the Smartest Guy in the Room Trump.

Could this, if it really gets serious and his lack of any preparation or even taking it seriously be his downfall? Maybe, maybe not. If it really gets serious could this be the excuse he would need to declare martial law and suspend the coming election and finalize his position as king of the heap like so many have been fearing ? Like for that matter, so many have been hoping for?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The first thing I thought of was that we haven't heard another damned thing about Iran (other than the virus showing up there) since the coronavirus amped up. We haven't really been hearing anything much about Hunter and Joe Biden with the whole Ukraine fiasco either.

edit on 26-2-2020 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It was a few years ago but I remember oil tankers ancoring out of port for weeks at a time.

www.bbc.com...
June 2016
Why are more and more oil ships anchoring off Singapore?
In the last few months, something mysterious has been happening in the seas around major ports. More oil tankers than usual are anchoring for days and weeks on end – why?
Author image
By Chris Baraniuk
29th June 2016
T

Three billion tonnes of crude oil and refined products are shipped on huge tanker vessels worldwide every year. But recently, some of these ships have stopped. In fact, since March, many more than is usual have simply been anchored off ports like Singapore and Rotterdam in the Netherlands – and it’s not immediately clear why.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

What is even more sick is that the facemasks don't even prevent you from catching coronavirus. The particles are too small. It can help stop people who are sick from spreading it as much though.

Whats even worse is lets say it's 25 buck for fifty masks but it's 150 bucks for shipping. This is going on on Amazon, ebay, and even walmart. It's blatant price gouging. They made it illegal to gouge during the gas crises of the 70's and 80's.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
One of my co-workers just got back from a vacation to Japan. He said there were probably 40-50% of people wearing masks but another co-worked lived there a couple of years ago and said they started doing that when SARS was spreading. Maybe they're not taking it seriously enough? Lord knows they still have their hands full with Fukishima.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Biden family corruption continues to be exposed.

But Corona is capturing the news even though more people are killed in the United States by lightning every month than by this Boogeyman virus.

I'm sure you already realize this, but the small handful of deaths in the USt isn't "the story." Its the potential for millions of people to be sick with pneumonia simultaneously, in a nation where we just have a few hundred thousand hospital beds available at best. Its the fact that the economy could grind to a halt, and millions would not be able to financially recover.

If you've heard about what's happening in China and Italy now, its the potential for food shortages at stores.

I don't think a single person, including you, believes the news coverage is all because 12 people (or whatever the number is) have died. If it was, we could rightly be justified in demanding greater coveragenof lightning strike deaths, falls off of ladders, etc.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

What is even more sick is that the facemasks don't even prevent you from catching coronavirus. The particles are too small. It can help stop people who are sick from spreading it as much though.

Whats even worse is lets say it's 25 buck for fifty masks but it's 150 bucks for shipping. This is going on on Amazon, ebay, and even walmart. It's blatant price gouging. They made it illegal to gouge during the gas crises of the 70's and 80's.

Its true there's price gouging going on, but its not coming from the regular retailers or manufacturers. They're simply unavailable. The only ones left on Amazon seem to be being sold by 3rd parties (people who bought them and are reselling at a profit.) Not cool.

As to your other point, N95 masks DO protect against viruses, they're just not foolproof.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Bigger picture, DEPOPULATION

Billionaires may wamt their own pvt isle;

Whilst elite globalists contemplate having entire continents to share only with family etc not rapidly overpopulating strangers

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The normal facemasks don't stop the spread as you say, but they do keep you from touching your mouth and nose so that can be a big help. Also warns people to keep their distance. Now we need to develop a not-quite-handshake!

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ujustneverknow

if this is going to be a pandemic, as you can't stop the infection., then the reality if everyone is going to catch it eventually. It can't be stopped. From my perspective, I would rather catch it early recover, and be a carrier with a immune response against future mutations, then to try to avoid getting sick and eventually encounter a far more lethal version in the near future. Also, would you not want to be sick with the virus while healthcare exists? Think of it this way, if a pandemic happens, healthcare will self destruct. Not only will doctors, nurses, paramedics, EMT, and hospital staff be infected, but police and the military as well. How do you think that is going to bode in cities, when 3/4 of your police and military are out sick, and hospitals shut down cause they don't have the staff to take care of the people? For me, I say bring it on. It is slightly worse than the flu for my age bracket. Better to get it now, and get over it, then wait. As far as the other age brackets, such as the elderly and immune compromised, would you rather not be sick now vs later? Just my thoughts on it. I look at it like chicken pox parties, where parents got together to make everyone sick at the same time so that the schools would shut down for 2 weeks, then open back up and continue as business as usual. Just my two cents.

Camain

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Yes, I remember that also.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucky109

Hay so are you a Deep State kind of Guy?

Explanation please?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Other news - China sends 100,000 ducks to Pakistan to battle locust invasion
www.bbc.co.uk...

plagues of locusts?
is NCV avian transmittable?
is this Phase 2?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join