It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Events and services impacted by Coronavirus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Natural Products Expo (Expo West) in Anaheim, CA has been postponed/canceled due to coronavirus concerns. I was supposed to work this!
New Hope Expo West Postponed

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hokkaido shuts down

Japan's second-largest island and popular tourist destination, Hokkaido, has become a hotbed for the novel coronavirus after authorities recorded 77 cases there alone.

Amid fears that the virus will spread further, the island's governor, Naomichi Suzuki, declared a state of emergency on February 28, prompting schools, malls, restaurants, and entire stadiums to shut down.

bi.com

Cheers

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

i finds it amusing - that the snake oil sellers have postponed thier expo

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
U.S. - Israeli military exercise canceled

By NANCY MONTGOMERY | STARS AND STRIPES
Published: March 3, 2020

VICENZA, Italy — About 60 U.S. paratroopers who traveled to Israel returned abruptly to their base in Italy last week after Israeli measures to contain the new coronavirus forced an exercise to be canceled.

The troops were among 300 U.S. Army paratroopers from the 173rd Airborne Brigade planning to participate in the exercise Eagle Genesis with Israel Defense Forces ground troops this month.

stripes.com

Cheers
edit on 3-3-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Leipzig Book Fair

BERLIN, March 3 (Reuters) - The organisers of a major German book fair in the eastern city of Leipzig confirmed on Tuesday the event would be cancelled over the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Leipzig

Cheers

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
ALL Italian schools shut down for at least 10 days

As Italy tries to contain the new coronavirus outbreak, the government has ordered all schools, universities and daycare facilities nationwide to close for 10 days, starting Thursday.

Italian schools

Cheers

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
My SIL in Seattle reports that Federal workers are now working from home whenever possible. Also, UW going to on line classes through the end of the Spring quarter...

FWIW

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Northern Italy under quarantine

Italy's prime minister has said at least 16 million people are now under lock-down in Lombardy region and also in 14 provinces until early April.

The dramatic escalation in the country's efforts to contain the new coronavirus will close gyms, pools, museums and ski resorts.

Wedding and funerals are also suspended under the mandatory quarantine.

Italy is Europe's worst-hit country and reported a steep rise in virus infections on Saturday.

BBC

Cheers

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
French school closures

PARIS (Reuters) - France will close nurseries and schools for 15 days from Monday in the two areas most hit by coronavirus infections, one north of Paris and the other in the northeastern part of the country, its prime minister said on Friday.

Edouard Philippe stopped short during a press briefing of raising the emergency response to the virus to “Phase 3”, the highest there is, but suggested it was only matter of time before the government would do so.

reuters

Cheers

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Tomorrowland France

Tomorrowland in France will have to wait until after the coronavirus crisis.

Organizers of the electronic dance music festival announced Thursday that they have canceled the 2020 winter edition of Tomorrowland due to health concerns connected with the spread of COVID-19, the respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus.

msn

Cheers

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Saudi travel restrictions

DUBAI (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia has temporarily suspended land and sea travel to and from Oman, France, Germany, Turkey and Spain for citizens and residents to help stem the spread of coronavirus, state news agency SPA said on Monday.

reuters

Cheers

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Even though CoronaVirus is not very deadly to most people, They need to ramp up the development and production of a vaccine. Our society is very fragile. "Fear" rocks the boat very easily....too easily.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Basketball in Africa -- Inaugural Season

WASHINGTON / NIGERIA - Amid rising coronavirus fears, the new Basketball Africa League will postpone the inaugural games that had been set for this month, league chief Amadou Galo Fall told VOA.

“We have decided to delay the launch and we are planning to launch later this year as soon as we get more clarity about the situation,” Fall, who is also National Basketball Association vice president and managing director for Africa, said by phone from Dakar, Senegal on Thursday.

VOA

Cheers

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

That makes sense. For any inaugural league, good profits are very important. Most leagues will struggle for their first few years. If you have trouble filling stadiums early due to fear or get a bad rap because you are associated with a negative thing like spreading a disease, then that puts you in a bad position. They need their opening to be as positive and as well-attended as possible.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

With all the claims for their homeopathic remedies these people should be able to eat corona virus for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My wedding!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ireland Saint Patrick's Day Parades

St Patrick's Day parades across the Republic of Ireland have all been cancelled over coronavirus, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said.

Dublin hosts the largest parade attracting an estimated 500,000 people last year.

BBC

Cheers

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hi Friends, I haven't been here for a long, long, time. I am VERY concerned about this virus. The way governments and big business is acting makes this feel much different than anything we have experienced before. I am pretty worried but wanted to see what others are thinking and feeling. Sorry to go off topic, but just wanted to express myself. Back to topic: I'm not sure how to quickly search on this site but will share the following:

AONL-Association of Nurse Leaders- Nashville March 16-19. Over 10,000 Nurse Executives
HIMMS- One of the world's largest healthcare conferences.
Virtual Medicine- A small conference at Cedars Sinai Hospital at the end of March.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We do have hang-over remedies for those who drink Corona for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Back on topic, My son and I are going to Hawaii in 2 weeks to visit the University in Manoa. He got accepted and will be transferring there this summer. Flights are very cheap right now ($340 non stop round trip from San Diego). Concerned that flights will be canceled and or the rate of infected will increase within 2 weeks making my risk factor of being infected higher. Loading up on Iodine, Silver, Black Seed Oil and Vitamin C.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Austria - Italy border closed

(Bloomberg) -- Austria won’t allow travelers from Italy to enter the country unless they can present a medical certificate demonstrating health, Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said Tuesday.

msn

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join