It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butter vs Ghee vs `Plant Butter'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
a reply to: pressident
Is'nt plant butter what we use to call margarine? Poormans butter.

It sure is/was ... plant butter is an oxymoron, like 'plastic glass' . . . it can't be both (imma not talking laminated either, unless it's lamintaed plant butter)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyJetson

What do you mean? Ive had avacado plant butter and it tastes nearly identical to cow butter. With a bit less creamness to it.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: visitedbythem
I don't understand why butter isn't vegan, it does not contain any meat and it is made by a vegan and is made to feed a vegan calf.

What is 'your' definition of vegan?

I thought vegan meant "nothing from an animal'...... I could be wrong?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Avocado oil has one of the highest smoke points

Does it taste good like olive oil? It has the highest smoke point of all oils 500+ F...

Yes

I use it when I cool over high heat

I use several types of oil, including ghee, roasted sesame. EVO

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Meh, we use unsalted butter and olive oil and occasionally bacon drippings or lard depending on what we're cooking.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Meh, we use unsalted butter and olive oil and occasionally bacon drippings or lard depending on what we're cooking.

Eggs fried in bacon grease are sooooo good. As long as you only eat them occasionally for a treat, I do not think they will bother you too much.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I generally scramble mine with butter.

Bacon drippings are used for popcorn when we use a more savory seasoning on it, but if we're going with something a bit sweeter or butter, we use coconut oil.

Sometimes husband will use bacon drippings mixed in with whatever oil he's cooking the fish in to add some flavor to it.
edit on 26-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I use a lot of lard.
It's rich in oleic acid and monounsaturated fats and much cheaper than most other oils.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: rickymouse

I generally scramble mine with butter.

Bacon drippings are used for popcorn when we use a more savory seasoning on it, but if we're going with something a bit sweeter or butter, we use coconut oil.

Sometimes husband will use bacon drippings mixed in with whatever oil he's cooking the fish in to add some flavor to it.

We use coconut oil in the pot to pop the popcorn. When the butter and salt is added it really enhances the flavor of the popcorn over popping it in oil.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join